As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So is it a two-seater?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Iolo wrote: »
    Look at that steam - is it famous for its foot mounted heat sinks?

Isn't there an optional rule for tabletop that heatsinks mounted in a part of the mech that is underwater have increased effect?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Isn't there an optional rule for tabletop that heatsinks mounted in a part of the mech that is underwater have increased effect?

yep! i dont think its optional though. heat sinks in the leg have double effect when stand in level 1 water. I dont recall if you get full double heat sinking when you're fully submerged.

edit: full submersion works! but only up to a max of 6 extra heat. :/

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The package I was expecting was not mechs. :(

... It was however some of the plate armor I forgot I bought for a different very expensive hobby.

What is this I don't even.
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

yep! i dont think its optional though. heat sinks in the leg have double effect when stand in level 1 water. I dont recall if you get full double heat sinking when you're fully submerged.

Yeah if there is water and you aint standing in it then you aint doing things right.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Though in this case the Ryoken II doesn't have any heatsinks in the legs.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.

maybe he just got out of the shower

kx3klFE.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

maybe he just got out of the shower

Or stepped in something...

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    edited October 2020
    Tox wrote: »
    I must admit, i havent been this giddy in a long time. My childhood dream of piles and piles of stompy bois is coming to fruition!

Curious to get your thoughts on the dropship. Apparently some folks took issue with the construction.

so i busted open the dropship... what issues are people having with the construction? The instructions are sparse, but functional. I think the biggest issue will be finding glue that holds all these metal bits to the plastic shell.

edit: ah... yea... placing the two egg shells together is... not ideal. they dont sit flush at all. I'm gonna need some JB weld and a shitload of green stuff.

now im going to have to build it out of spite instead of offloading it since its not great quality

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I must admit, i havent been this giddy in a long time. My childhood dream of piles and piles of stompy bois is coming to fruition!

Curious to get your thoughts on the dropship. Apparently some folks took issue with the construction.

so i busted open the dropship... what issues are people having with the construction? The instructions are sparse, but functional. I think the biggest issue will be finding glue that holds all these metal bits to the plastic shell.

edit: ah... yea... placing the two egg shells together is... not ideal. they dont sit flush at all. I'm gonna need some JB weld and a shitload of green stuff.

Apparently the metal-on-plastic was the issue. And also apparently there's a really bad seem?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    edited October 2020

Apparently the metal-on-plastic was the issue. And also apparently there's a really bad seem?

its not so much a seem as it is a canyon. Its really not great.

if i had somewhere to return it and get my money back i would. Only disappointment so far.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
    Oof.

spoiler for huge.
    xNHfmFn.jpg

UcEvI9p.jpg

nSAeogg.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Wow, that looks like something a kid would have made in school with that gap. Yeah looks like you have a whole tube of epoxy to use so you can fill that fissure.

Edit: Yeah, I wouldn't blame you for trying to return that thing.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    I wonder if there is anything i can do about the dropship. I'm assuming its too bad so sad since its a kickstarter. May just chuck it up on ebay. The surface is pitted and gouged in others. even my professional level spite isnt enough to make me finish it at this point.

kx3klFE.png
    Seems like the sort of piece I'd usually repurpose as a crashed ship for terrain.

Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Seems like the sort of piece I'd usually repurpose as a crashed ship for terrain.

The quartermaster paid too much for this hunk of junk for it to be crashed into terrain.

kx3klFE.png
    edited October 2020
    I would definitely complain. That thing was expensive. Also the fact that I don't think we ever got good pics in the Updates? Makes me wonder if they knew and deliberately cut the corner

e: there's one "fully assembled and painted" model pic, which is almost definitely the model they used for the picture on the box, so probably a prototype anyway.

Tox on
    I would definitely complain. That thing was expensive. Also the fact that I don't think we ever got good pics in the Updates? Makes me wonder if they knew and deliberately cut the corner

e: there's one "fully assembled and painted" model pic, which is almost definitely the model they used for the picture on the box, so probably a prototype anyway.

I posted something in the kickstarter comments. Not sure where to go from there. Not sure if barking at quartermaster is the right path to go down since its not a logistics issue.

kx3klFE.png
    edited October 2020
    Nips your chonk, sire
    v3xcj040embx.jpg

e: just noticed, dem ankles tho

Tox on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I really dig the new Crab...

R4HJzXm.png

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    @HydroSqueegee
    That sort of construction is very common with small-scale garage-style kits, e.g. you have to put in a bunch of modeling work to clean it up. I've dabbled with similar constructions.

Writ large, I'm not going to defend IWM for selling a make-work kit, but at the same time I'm 100% not surprised. I knew that going in, though, so I feel bad for you and anyone else that had the same reaction.

Check your PMs.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    First Round of Salvage:
    2x Nova
    1x Hellbringer
    1x Ice Ferret
    1x Mad Dog
    1x Morgan Kell Archer
    1x Greyson Carlyle Marauder

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Nips wrote: »
    Did you get a shipping notification first or anything? HYPE.

Also, we need some way to contain ourselves while we excitedly post things like what we got out of the random boxes. I guess there's not enough of us that just letting people do it is a problem?

I...um...what?

If I think I'm reading right what you wrote: Muthafucka, we gotta RIP AND TEAR those boxes ASAP. And then start updating our trade workbook. I know my tastes have changed a bit as the previews have come out, and I need to do an audit of what I want to keep and what I want to trade.

Reminder if you get lost, a link to the Google Doc is in Post #2.

Support got back to me about my 2 Archer and 0 Marauder package. Looks like they're slapping a Marauder in a package and shipping it my way!

kx3klFE.png
    @Nips the salvage team is in orbit but needs coordinates for the landing zone

kx3klFE.png

Coordinates provided. Who left all this wreckage in orbit, anyway? Seems pretty sloppy to me!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no

Coordinates provided. Who left all this wreckage in orbit, anyway? Seems pretty sloppy to me!

In my experience the answer is almost always ComStar.

@Nips Logistics team is prepping and securing salvage. Expect inbound to coordinates in roughly 3 to 5 Sols.

kx3klFE.png
    I have found this exchange extremely delightful.

Meanwhile, what fedex driver do I need to challenge to a trial of possession to claim my mechs as isorla?

edited October 2020
    I have found this exchange extremely delightful.

Meanwhile, what fedex driver do I need to challenge to a trial of possession to claim my mechs as isorla?

I just wait in the bushes then run out and steal the truck while he's dropping off a package like the red blooded free birth scum I am.

The Oosik Irregulars Acquisition and Logistics Command doesn't mess around

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
    edited October 2020
    Shit... Now that I will have enough mechs to actually fill a complete command structure, I'm going to have to divide out the Regiment into a properly formed unit.

Taking applications from artists for a unit badge for OIALC and all smaller sub units that will follow.

I'm thinking a tow truck driven by a walrus hauling away a dropship or something.

Brought to you by OIALC. "You buy, We'll fly"

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
    Gonna have to workshop that division's title.

OIALC doesn't exactly ring off the tongue.

Gonna have to workshop that division's title.

OIALC doesn't exactly ring off the tongue.

It's better than what I have to deal with on earth. I'm 4 letters down in the HQAFMC command structure.

kx3klFE.png
    I feel like you are so desperately close to having an acronym that would be pronounced as "Alcoholic" and yet my brain fails to find it!

The shame of it all!

edited October 2020
    Axen wrote: »
    I feel like you are so desperately close to having an acronym that would be pronounced as "Alcoholic" and yet my brain fails to find it!

The shame of it all!

OIALC/OHOL

Guess we know where the morale squadron will be in the list

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
    There we go.

It's important to stay on-brand!

I mean, we could drop the OI and just have ALC as the top end command. We are a loose affiliate after all. Do we have to pay licensing fees for the Oosik branding? I smell merchandising revenue.

kx3klFE.png
    edited October 2020
    I mean, we could drop the OI and just have ALC as the top end command. We are a loose affiliate after all. Do we have to pay licensing fees for the Oosik branding? I smell merchandising revenue.

If you want to use my likeness for a Hamburglar-type character, I'll sign off on that.

edit- Oh man, now I have this dumb idea of an in-universe Merc Company who are so-so on the battlefield, but they have a dynamite PR team that has created a juggernaut of a merchandising empire for their brand. The vast, vast majority of the Merc's yearly profits comes from selling toys to kids and ticket sales to their theme park (naturally).

Axen on
    So like, The Boys, but with slightly less psychotic tendencies

kx3klFE.png