As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    With very mixed results. AST is so good that not bringing one is honestly a handicap in full party stuff, while BRD is just kinda bad. DNC is ok, but depends on what other DPS are in the group to be partners with (and also that your partner doesn't spend half the fight on the floor).

??? balance is actually pretty good in this patch

https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/33/#class=Anyhttps://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/33/#class=Any

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Zay wrote: »
    With very mixed results. AST is so good that not bringing one is honestly a handicap in full party stuff, while BRD is just kinda bad. DNC is ok, but depends on what other DPS are in the group to be partners with (and also that your partner doesn't spend half the fight on the floor).

https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/33/#class=Anyhttps://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/33/#class=Any

Well, I'd say that suggests ranged DPS classes could use a little nudge, but otherwise yes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I legit forgot about the BRD buffs

Still, you get what I'm saying. The selfish class vs supportive class balance is tricky.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    At least with MCH you could note that its median is very comparable and being a mobile RPDS means it should be more consistent but without the peaks of riskier classes.

But BRD and DNC are straight up in the toilet and have been for the entirety of ShB. They even "revamped" BRD by giving it a bunch of support abilities, but then kicked it's pDPS in the ass so it just stayed flat when it was already on the bottom??? At least they reverted that, which is why it's back above poor DNC.

I sound more upset than I am. I did all of E1-4S on BRD and never had issues, though I was obv near the bottom of the DPS charts even when I was parsing well. I just think it's weird that FFXIV class design is tuned so no class could ever become auto-include or auto-dumpster, yet they can't just add 10 potency to a few abilities to make numbers go up.

Roegadyn
    What I find amusing about that link is there are almost 3k more parses for SAM than any other job.

Guess we know who's worried about stroking their ego :P

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Even then, you could throw MCH a bone somewhere. The other two definitely need some help. DNC they could originally excuse with being careful because of how strong their buffing game is but the evidence has been clear for a while now that they could use more personal DPS.

Like, just push another 10 pot on the fan dances, those things are anemic anyways.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Roegadyn
    Yeah considering MCH brings no party buffs (besides the party defense thing) it ought to be at least a bit higher. I mean, SAM and BLM get to be big the dick DPS all the time cause they dont have buffs.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Zay wrote: »

Well, I'd say that suggests ranged DPS classes could use a little nudge, but otherwise yes.

i think it's balanced by the fact that while the rphys is lower than the rest of the dps, comp-wise you still want one person in that role. i imagine they make the role weaker than the rest since no cast times while being ranged means ultimate uptime

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Miqo'te
    Ultimate uptime doesn't actually payoff though, as the numbers show.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    FB_IMG_1602773557187.jpg

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    I enjoy the red chocobo memes a lot but honestly the fight isn't THAAAAT bad

BahamutZERO.gif
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The fight is super hard and confusing the first time, and then after a couple of times you're like "why did I ever think this is hard?".

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I wish the fights were harder so 20 other people wouldn't qualify for the duels I could get an attempt in like ever

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i have squandered every duel opportunity i have gotten 😎

EzUAYcn.png
    Viera
    if you've actually gotten into a duel arena you're already ahead of the game

BahamutZERO.gif
    Au'ra
    reVerse wrote: »
    The fight is super hard and confusing the first time, and then after a couple of times you're like "why did I ever think this is hard?".

Literally all of the content in the game.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Donnicton wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

Literally all of the content in the game.

e8s seems to be one exception I've run into for this. Even when you know how everything works, the tolerances for mistakes are so small that you can still easily fail on stuff you've beaten a number of times already. I'm enjoying it and I'm glad that content like it exists.

oh yeah everything is easy once you've seen it dies to twister i did that on purpose drops a thunderstruck in the raid intentional

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Roegadyn
    Red Comet is still some pretty hefty damage going out even if you do everything right so it still can kill you, especially if your healer doesn't know ahead of time.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    FB_IMG_1602773557187.jpg

Where’s Voco? The most loyal of Chocobo steeds?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Roegadyn
    Honestly the best thing about Red Comet is that his critical engagement spawning in is an actual splash aoe marker, where as all the other ones use a new, very similar indicator to just show where the arena will spawn.

Every single time he shows up that gets somebody.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Honestly the best thing about Red Comet is that his critical engagement spawning in is an actual splash aoe marker, where as all the other ones use a new, very similar indicator to just show where the arena will spawn.

I think Sartavouir's non-duel encounter also does that.

Au'ra

It hurts from a pretty large distance. I was towards the edge of the indicator as a tank when it came down and I still took 43k.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    I like to think that Red Comet is the same Red Chocobo who drops a meteor on you halfway through the Rabanastre raid. Same method of attack, too.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hyur
    I have now run the Burn and Saint Mocianne's Arboretum (Hard) about 15-20 times each, and seen only a single pair of boots drop, for the Royal Volunteer's Maiming set... when I'm hunting the Fending, Healing and Casting sets.

Edit: On the bright side, one of my retainers just brought me the Casting Gloves, so now I just need the Casting Chest, the Healing Pants, and all three sets of boots.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hyur
    I've got to figure out a good Striking set. I'm using the Royal Volunteer's sets because they're recolors of the Filibusters sets, and the Filibusters sets are what the Ala Mhigo resistance mostly wears. The Royal Volunteer's Fending, Casting, and Healing sets are the same as the Filibuster's Maiming, Scouting, and Aiming sets respectively, which I already use. But neither of the Striking sets look good on my character. All the long coats in those sets are weirdly flared at the waist so that it looks like you've got a couple extra people crouched by your legs all trying to sneak into the movie theater with just one ticket, and they clip terribly when my hands are in a resting position.

I'd like to play Samurai more often, and I'm hoping the upcoming Monk revamp gets me enthusiastic about it as well, since it's one of two classes with the most direct ties to Ala Mhigo, and therefore should be a great fit for my character if it wasn't such a chore to play. But I can't seem to fully engage with any class unless I've got a look for it that I'm happy with.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    Viera
    I'm the same way lol. Was like "god bard sucks why am I leveling this" then I had a glamour idea I liked and suddenly I'm enjoying it.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I capped every job just to have the bars full and only actually enjoy playing like 5 of them

Viera
    (The glamour idea was just cosplaying Fran in the viera racial armor)

BahamutZERO.gif
    Miqo'te
    I enjoy tanking and healing as a role, so I enjoy all the tanks and healers. Though I definitely have favorites (WAR and WHM/AST).

DPS, uh, I've leveled BRD to 80 and like it. I've leveled BLM to 60 and that rocks. I occasionally play DNC and it's pretty fun.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Took me about 2 months to go from 1 to done with 5.0

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    the only reason i started rdm was because of a halloween glam idea

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    End of an era!
    ElN36BiXUAItrL3?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    hildibrand does not deserve a horny catgirl admirer

this is bullshit

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    hildibrand does not deserve a horny catgirl admirer

this is bullshit

I promise you he deserves this specific horny catgirl admirer

Viera
    no one deserves each other harder than Nashu and Hildibrand

BahamutZERO.gif
    Roegadyn
    Nashu is great what is this slander

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Anyone have good gardening tips? Got my small house plot setup and threw some seeds into it with grade 3 soil but not totally sure what's good to bother with and whatnot

This discussion has been closed.