As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I am super not good with graphics, but I have created a unit insignia for the Oosik's 13th Recon Regiment, Waste Discovery Unit.

NikioIJ.png

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    So like, The Boys, but with slightly less psychotic tendencies

"Well, if it ain't the invisible..." - Yorinaga Kurita to Morgan Kell.

Oosik reinforcements arriving this weekend.

l7n41RV.png
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So like, The Boys, but with slightly less psychotic tendencies

More like Tropic Thunder crossed with WWE

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Isn't The Boys that super-edgelord superhero comic by Garth Ennis? The one that's basically like "I detest superhero comics, but that's where the money is so here, I'm gonna shit all over this genre and you'll eat it up"?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Also, I picked to wait and have all my stuff shipped at one time with Wave 2, but a large box was delivered today. Gonna be inspecting that real closely to make sure there weren't any other mistakes.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    So here's a cool little thing I made. Marauders, through the years:
    i041fv6k4nlw.jpg
    (yes the last two rows out of order oh well)

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Also I have received confirmation that the dropship has docked with the jumpship and the jump has been initiated. Drop ship should be entering atmo within 24 hours.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    There is a box full of boxes on a truck out there in the proximal world right now.

Excitement is riding high.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Huh. I was about to complain about how the shipping gods had forsaken me, but then saw Quartermaster sent me the shipping email yesterday! Yay! Box arrives Saturday!

And my 3d printer is cooking, and I should have my first off-label 'Mech done by the end of the night!

It's suddenly All Stompybots All The Time over here!

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    My 2 Archer 0 marauder saga continues....

So I got another email from a different support rep about my problem. This one is saying he can give me $20 catalyst store credit. So I dunno if I'm still getting a dude in the mail as well or if I just get some credit

kx3klFE.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

So I got another email from a different support rep about my problem. This one is saying he can give me $20 catalyst store credit. So I dunno if I'm still getting a dude in the mail as well or if I just get some credit

Can the credit be applied to your Wave 2 order? You could just tack on another IS Command Lance.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Iolo wrote: »

Can the credit be applied to your Wave 2 order? You could just tack on another IS Command Lance.

No. Just store credit for the site. Not exactly sure what I even want or need from there. The kickstarter has me fully covered.

kx3klFE.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    That is weird customer service. I'm guessing that they probably don't have any extras to send out and realized this after they promised you the replacement, so changed it to store credit.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Is there a way to check and make sure you even ordered anything in Wave 1? Now I'm really feeling left out.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Is there a way to check and make sure you even ordered anything in Wave 1? Now I'm really feeling left out.

Go to https://portal.crowdox.com and sign in (register with the same email you used for the Kickstarter), if it doesn't take you there immediately, click on Projects at the top. You should see a "Battletech" entry. Click on the "View Confirmation" button. It will take you to the survey that includes everything you ordered. All items will have either "Wave 1" or "Wave 2" after them. Digital rewards they haven't created yet have "When Finished" labeled on them. I forget if it shows if you selected one or two shipments for your order.

Obviously the game box itself is a Wave 1 product that everyone gets at a minimum. But you may have selected single shipment on your order, which means none of your stuff will ship until after Wave 2 is complete if you had any Wave 2 stuff.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ah, I now see why my drop ship is in orbit. I selected single shipment.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    I went for split shipment so... hopefully it comes soonish!

edited October 2020
    There are reports of folks who did not elect for split shipping that say they've gotten Fedex emails. So just FYI, even if you didn't do separate waves, you may still have gotten separate waves. CGL is ... overwhelmed and making a lot of mistakes.

@HydroSqueegee Take the credit I'll trade you my Marauder. Especially if it doesn't expire. There's a pretty good chance most/all of the 'mech packs will hit the store's site within a year or so.

Tox on
    edited October 2020
    By the way the wave 1 omnimech salvage boxes are only coming from the wave 1 stars. So Heavy Striker, Command, and Box Set.

So Dire Wolf, Executioner, Gargoyle, Timber Wolf, Summoner, Hellbringer, Mad Dog, Storm Crow, Nova, Shadow Cat, Mongrel, Ice Ferret, Viper, Adder, Mist Lynx,

I updated Post #2 with a list of which mechs are in which packs, btw

Tox on
    Tox wrote: »
    By the way the wave 1 omnimech salvage boxes are only coming from the wave 1 stars. So Heavy Striker, Command, and Box Set.

So Dire Wolf, Executioner, Gargoyle, Timber Wolf, Summoner, Hellbringer, Mad Dog, Storm Crow, Nova, Shadow Cat, Mongrel, Ice Ferret, Viper, Adder, Mist Lynx,

That... Makes me sad.

That... Makes me sad.

A little bit disappointing, but they did say that's what they were going to be. Only other option would have been to make salvage boxes Wave 2 only.

edited October 2020
    e: I was wrong

Tox on
  • TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    So this is probably old news, but really awesome none the less.

https://sarna.net/wiki/Oosik_Irregulars

Oosik Irregulars (Regiment/Regular/Questionable)

Questionable is absolutely the right description!

l7n41RV.png
    edited October 2020
    ... y'all don't understand. That's just the mechs in the Wave 1 salvage boxes. Because no wave 2 mechs shipped with wave 1.

Wave 2 salvage boxes will be from both waves, though they'll hopefully weight the wave 2 mechs a bit more heavily.

Have they officially stated that somewhere? All the references I can find say salvage boxes are chosen from the Wave 1 Clan packs (no IS mechs Wave 1 or otherwise) with no mention of Wave 2 inclusions.

SiliconStew on
    ... y'all don't understand. That's just the mechs in the Wave 1 salvage boxes. Because no wave 2 mechs shipped with wave 1.

Wave 2 salvage boxes will be from both waves, though they'll hopefully weight the wave 2 mechs a bit more heavily.

Have they officially stated that somewhere? All the references I can find say salvage boxes are chosen from the Wave 1 Clan packs (no IS mechs Wave 1 or otherwise) with no mention of Wave 2 inclusions.

No I see now the add-on salvage boxes are all wave 1 clan mechs

Yep! which is cool with me. The original 16 are the only ones that really captured my imagination in the days of yore.

kx3klFE.png

Yep! which is cool with me. The original 16 are the only ones that really captured my imagination in the days of yore.

There's a small handful between the 3055 and 3058 (basically the Linebacker and a couple of the 3058s) that look close enough for me, especially over the Gargoyle/Executioner

I think I said it before, but the Linebacker was the first mini I ever painted and has a very special place in my heart.

edited October 2020
    While I chose to wait rather than get split shipping, it looks like all my wave 1 stuff is there, and all the boxes seem to be packed correctly.

My Salvage boxes:
    • Grayson Carlyle's Marauder (I got the pack of all 4 legendaries, so I'm willing to trade this if someone wants it)
    • Timber Wolf (Mad Cat)
    • Stormcrow (Ryoken)
    • Nova (Black Hawk)
    • Mist Lynx (Koshi)
    • Ice Ferret (Fenris)

I'll update the spreadsheet soonish, just figured I'd drop that here.

I know I originally said I'd trade my Urbie, but looking at it now... I think I'll keep it. I wasn't a big fan when they were kinda just R2-D2 with a gun, but the more articulated look they've got in MWO and the new Catalyst stuff has grown on me.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png

I chose packs that could cover multiple of my top picks in a single pack, and as it happens a lot of those are in Wave 1. But that doesn't cover all my favs as there are several packs that I only really care about one of them, so I wouldn't mind a small chance to randomly pull one of those from Wave 2 sets also.

Credit applied! Time to do some more shopping! >:D
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    While I chose to wait rather than get split shipping, it looks like all my wave 1 stuff is there, and all the boxes seem to be packed correctly.

My Salvage boxes:
    • Grayson Carlyle's Marauder (I got the pack of all 4 legendaries, so I'm willing to trade this if someone wants it)
    • Timber Wolf (Mad Cat)
    • Stormcrow (Ryoken)
    • Nova (Black Hawk)
    • Mist Lynx (Koshi)
    • Ice Ferret (Fenris)

I'll update the spreadsheet soonish, just figured I'd drop that here.

I know I originally said I'd trade my Urbie, but looking at it now... I think I'll keep it. I wasn't a big fan when they were kinda just R2-D2 with a gun, but the more articulated look they've got in MWO and the new Catalyst stuff has grown on me.

If nobody else wants it and I don't get it, I'd be down to trade for your Legendary Marauder.

There's a small handful between the 3055 and 3058 (basically the Linebacker and a couple of the 3058s) that look close enough for me, especially over the Gargoyle/Executioner

I actually really like the gargoyle. Looks neat.

kx3klFE.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    As far as the originals go, I only kinda liked the Timber Wolf/Mad Cat and Dire Wolf/Daishi.

The Ebon Jaguar/Cauldron Born was probably my favorite Omni of them all though, I can't put my finger on why.

Nobody on
    Nobody wrote: »
    As far as the originals go, I only kinda liked the Timber Wolf/Mad Cat and Dire Wolf/Daishi.

The Ebon Jaguar/Cauldron Born was probably my favorite Omni of them all though, I can't put my finger on why.

because it's opaf

Also I have received confirmation that the dropship has docked with the jumpship and the jump has been initiated. Drop ship should be entering atmo within 24 hours.

The jump has been completed and the Dropship is inbound! Expected to be in orbit soon and will land tomorrow!

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Out of my local group of five, one's actually got his boxes! We cracked open the maps last night and they are so nice.

Me and one other have our shipping notifications. Two more have not received anything yet.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I am super not good with graphics, but I have created a unit insignia for the Oosik's 13th Recon Regiment, Waste Discovery Unit.

-snip-

If I could provide a humble suggestion.

A Racoon may be more appropriate.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    edited October 2020
    WAVE ONE GUARANTEE DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 15TH
    So if you plan to pick up anything else from the wave 1 stuff, make sure you get your order finalized in the next week or two. Guessing the sooner the better, because their "guarantees" haven't been ... amazing. Also make sure you check/update the trade sheet (LINK) since that may come into play.

With the extra swag I want, I have enough left over that I'm picking up the IS Urban lance. So, with that in mind, this is my most up-to-date want/trade list (I also updated the trade sheet)
    WANT LIST wrote:
    In order of preference
    - Dragon (IS Support)
    - Centurion (IS Heavy)
    - Blackjack (IS Striker)
    - Jenner (IS Striker)
    If you have one of these you don't want, and want something from my Trade list, let me know, I'll probably be down.
    - Mongoose (Comstar Battle)
    - Linebacker (Clan Support)
    - Warhawk (Clan Fire)
    - Mad Dog (Clan Heavy Striker)
    - Viper (Clan Heavy Striker)
    - Guillotine (Comstar Battle)
    - Wolfhound (IS Striker)
    - Crockett (Comstar Battle)
    TRADE LIST wrote:
    - Timber Wolf (Clan Retaliation/Box Set)
    - Executioner (Clan Retaliation/Box Set)
    - Grendel (Clan Retaliation/Box Set)
    - Nova (Clan Retaliation/Box Set)
    - Elemental x1 (Clan Retaliation/Box Set)
    - Mist Lynx (Clan Command/Salvage Box)
    - Supernova (Clan Heavy)
    - Piranha (Clan Striker)
    - Horned Owl (Clan Striker)
    - Longbow (IS Fire)
    - Black Knight (Comstar Command)
    - Exterminator (Comstar Command)
    - Victor (IS Urban)

tl;dr if you're interested in any but not all mechs from the IS Striker, Clan Heavy, Clan Heavy Striker, Clan Striker, or either Comstar lances, hmu.

Tox on
    Axen wrote: »

-snip-

If I could provide a humble suggestion.

A Racoon may be more appropriate.

Probably. My very meager gimp skills were at their limit, heh.

Argh. $40 for an Urbie plushlie? That's ... argh.