As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    With the phrasing on Relic terminator gear choices...

They come stock with power fist/combo bolter.

"Any number of models can have their combi bolter replaced with a lightning claw"

"Any numbers of models can have their power fist replace with a chain fist or lightning claw"

Separate lines... Does this mean I can run smashy termies with a claw and a fist each and pick what weapon to use depending on the situation? Claw for a bonus attack and reroll wound against t4 and lower, fists for big stuff?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Would you need the new space marine codex as well as the space wolf one to play them

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Would you need the new space marine codex as well as the space wolf one to play them

At the moment you need the SM codex and the Index Astartes: Space Wolves that you can download from the FAQ section on WarCom.

The upcoming space wolves book has "supplement" on the cover, so you'll need the SM codex, too.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/15/warhammer-40000-the-codex-roadmap/

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Yeah, all the “famous chapters” have been rolled into the Codex+Supplement system now, except Grey Knights because they’re too weird. The existing supplements are still compatible with the new codex, apparently, so the sallies, ultras, etc. are still using their 8e rules. More or less.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

"Any number of models can have their combi bolter replaced with a lightning claw"

"Any numbers of models can have their power fist replace with a chain fist or lightning claw"

Separate lines... Does this mean I can run smashy termies with a claw and a fist each and pick what weapon to use depending on the situation? Claw for a bonus attack and reroll wound against t4 and lower, fists for big stuff?

Yes, but if you're playing wysiwyg the models might look goofy. The "relic terminator" datasheet is just a dumping ground for Tartaros and Cataphractii Terminators. They lose the abilities they had before that made them interesting, but on the upside you can mix and match them and they have some weapon options that normal Terminators don't have.

• Options
    Ok I see that now since the Deathwatch codex was a 2nd tier one since it's a shared army and way down the list of ones to get

• Options

Yes, but if you're playing wysiwyg the models might look goofy. The "relic terminator" datasheet is just a dumping ground for Tartaros and Cataphractii Terminators. They lose the abilities they had before that made them interesting, but on the upside you can mix and match them and they have some weapon options that normal Terminators don't have.

Ok, that's cool then.

I'm playing a crusade campaign with some buddies and nobody is super worried about WYSIWYG as long as it's the right model or a reasonably sized proxy.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ok I see that now since the Deathwatch codex was a 2nd tier one since it's a shared army and way down the list of ones to get

Rolling them into the main codex makes it less weird for any future updates for the big 4 non codex books since they don't have to try and apply it to their separate books at least.

Like how up until recently DW never had Shadow spear stuff

• Options
    I'm playing a crusade campaign with some buddies and nobody is super worried about WYSIWYG as long as it's the right model or a reasonably sized proxy.

Right on. I'm still working on my crusade force, I think we're gonna have to bump the start back by a week.

Where is the cheapest place to get NOS Rhinos? I found a guy selling them on Ebay for $24 a piece, but was only able to grab one before they were gone.

• Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Maintaining WYSIWYG on Crusade would be very cool narratively but also cost 9 million dollars and take a second job's worth of hobby to keep up.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    UR-025 has an absurd stat line fir Ad Mech kill teams.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    I dunno how WYSIWYG in a crusade campaign is a problem. It's a narrative campaign. Unless you're playing multiple games a week and constantly changing your units and their loadouts, I dunno.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Started painting Chief Librarian Tigarius tonight. Trying him in sub-assemblies, even though last time I did sub-assemblies it wasn't a great experience. I just don't want to try and paint some of his detail when it's obscured by other model parts.

Trying to decide if I'm going to paint Eradicators or Bladeguard Veterans as my next unit project. Eradicators are stupidly good, but Bladeguard aren't bad and they look amazing.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Perdurabo wrote: »
    I dunno how WYSIWYG in a crusade campaign is a problem. It's a narrative campaign. Unless you're playing multiple games a week and constantly changing your units and their loadouts, I dunno.

I could see it getting expensive if you start, say, trying to model injuries...

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Perdurabo wrote: »

I could see it getting expensive if you start, say, trying to model injuries...

I know when I played Necromunda long ago I was harassed to cut up my gang as they lost eyes and limbs

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hammerfall bunker is so cool and also easy to magnetize.

Went deep on Necrons again today. Grabbed a void dragon, monolith, and convergance of dominion along with two bunkers.

I'm not ready to start expanding my Space Wolves but the bunkers seem like a really cool objective to add that if a player captures and controls it they can use the weapons.

I'm hoping tomorrow they reveal the last of the Necron stuff and it goes on pre order and I can get the new crypteks.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Some deathwatch and space wolf stuff up today for preview.

-Deathwatch and SW starter boxes, cards, and dice
    -Standalone outrider kits
    -Standalone Ragnar and ghaz kits
    -Inappropriate paint handle

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Still no heavy intercessor release date :bigfrown: I literally want to give you money GW.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Still no heavy intercessor release date :bigfrown: I literally want to give you money GW.

Right?!

I want those kits!!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Forgeworld book is coming out next week, too. Fully expecting some fairly hefty balance changes in that one.

• Options
    Forgeworld book is coming out next week, too. Fully expecting some fairly hefty balance changes in that one.

Do the forge world books contain ules for their entire line or are they broken down by faction like codex's?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    It's like 200 datasheets, so it's everything in one book.
    Hopefully the GW writers didn't half-ass this one...

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    I very much want some space wolves dice for mah wolves.... but I've also sworn off GW dice after the Chaos and death guard ones I picked up a couple of years ago.

The legibility of these ones don't look too bad, better than most.... but does GW do any balancing with their dice that anyone has heard off, or are they just purely aesthetic pieces of cubed plastic?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    As far as I can tell, all of GW's dice (except for the very plainest) are designed more for looks than actually being played with.

• Options
    I'm bummed the new crypteks didn't go up for pre order but I'm down for the Space Wolves stuff. Really like those dice and I'm curious about those Reivers. I already have 15 Reivers I will never use so I wonder how the ones they showed differ as Psyker hunters.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    edited October 2020
    As far as I can tell, all of GW's dice (except for the very plainest) are designed more for looks than actually being played with.

Yeah, that's what I figured... I'll still probably grab a set just because.

My primary opponent who's playing necrons these days has said if I grab the SW dice he'll grab a necron set so that we're at an equal disadvantage :lol:

Stragint wrote: »
    I'm bummed the new crypteks didn't go up for pre order but I'm down for the Space Wolves stuff. Really like those dice and I'm curious about those Reivers. I already have 15 Reivers I will never use so I wonder how the ones they showed differ as Psyker hunters.

From the look of the box and promo image I think they're just a standard set of reivers that come with a SW upgrade sprue (dude drawing knife, talisman necklace, wolfhead totem thing, grumpy ginger headed reiver, etc)

I've got ten that have never seen a match because their rules are just meh and I don't play any opponents where leadership shenanigans might come in handy.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options

nabz9gpbdepl.jpg
    sscmeu2mcayz.jpg
    I did get them but they are ever so odd

• Options

My primary opponent who's playing necrons these days has said if I grab the SW dice he'll grab a necron set so that we're at an equal disadvantage :lol:

From the look of the box and promo image I think they're just a standard set of reivers that come with a SW upgrade sprue (dude drawing knife, talisman necklace, wolfhead totem thing, grumpy ginger headed reiver, etc)

I've got ten that have never seen a match because their rules are just meh and I don't play any opponents where leadership shenanigans might come in handy.

Oh, are the reivers they showed not the hounds of morkai they mentioned?

• Options

I'm pretty sure that image below the hounds blurb is the kit they're referring to, but it just looks like standard reivers plus a SW upgrade sprue to me. The only difference I think is the dude in the front has a head that isn't stock with either of those sprues afaik.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Those dice look like they'll be fine.

And I wouldn't put it past them to have a 'new' kit that's just the basic one with an upgrade sprue thrown in.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options

I'm pretty sure that image below the hounds blurb is the kit they're referring to, but it just looks like standard reivers plus a SW upgrade sprue to me. The only difference I think is the dude in the front has a head that isn't stock with either of those sprues afaik.

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I'm just more curious about the dedicated psyker hunter thing they mentioned in the paragraph above.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am still hoping Deathwatch feel unique and fun. I am mostly expecting them not to and sadly dumping that army. But if they do stay fun that will be neat.

Also make the Corvus Blackstar good GW! Its suck an amazing looking model!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I'm just more curious about the dedicated psyker hunter thing they mentioned in the paragraph above.

I think that's a play style thing since it is reivers so they infiltrate. But why did they not do the whole of the new start collecting box as an all phobos? just toss in the running phobos LT instead of icepelt
    But I think they are trying to push people to play with reivers rather than fix them so people do

I still feel they should put out an all phobos army for the Xmas deals with 2/3 squads of Infiltrators/Incursors some snipers 2 Lts the Libarian and the warsuit
    I don't know about reivers as they are good in kill team arena but meh in anything else

• Options
    I'd like to see them release a Vanguard or Spearhead box for SM or Wolves for xmas

Something that doesn't come with a bajillion infantry kits that everyone already has loads of (reivers, aggressors, etc).

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Some deathwatch and space wolf stuff up today for preview.

-Deathwatch and SW starter boxes, cards, and dice
    -Standalone outrider kits
    -Standalone Ragnar and ghaz kits
    -Inappropriate paint handle

I can't wait to see the price of Ghaz is the same as the box set he originally came in. ($160)

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    WarCom has a tiny photo of the Hounds of Morkai box and, yes, it is just the squad they showed yesterday.

Disappointing, though not unexpected.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    So Reavers finally have a purpose now (Assuming you play Space Wolves)? It seemed weird that GW released that unit and then over the course of a single edition released 2 or 3 other units that do everything Reivers do only better.

I'm happy Ghaz and Ragnar are finally available. I know a lot of people were really unhappy that they couldn't get that box set before it was sold out. Ghaz is such a cool model too, he was a blast to build.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    WarCom has a tiny photo of the Hounds of Morkai box and, yes, it is just the squad they showed yesterday.

Disappointing, though not unexpected.

Yeah coming off the back of 2 huge releases fro marines and necrons i cant imagine the next 4-5 codexes getting much if anything in terms of new minis.
    I'm kind of expecting the new year codexes to be Dark Angels and GSCults for that reason. GSC have the most robust line of minis for the xenos atm. It'll let them build up to a hopefully huge release for orks, eldar, or other factions who don't matter and are trash

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    I want new nids… oooooooh man I want new nids.

And I want a codex that makes big bug lists viable.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    I know all plastic aspect warriors will come within my lifetime :rotate:

Really I am still curious about the various flavors of eldar if they get new stuff other than new models what would it be?
    Tyranids are the other