As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Per Aspera, Nine Witches, Haven, Phogs, Morbid & El Hijo out today!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Number 12 is a real person which isn’t quite fair. He went on to voice Darth Maul in every appearance since then.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Folks I have been playing a whole variety of musou games lately

and I'm not gonna state that they are deep or anything

but sometimes you just want to smash a million enemies at once

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    is there a word in German that represents the feeling you get of having had a subpar PC for years and then getting a new one and turning every game’s settings up to ultra

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    is there a word in German that represents the feeling you get of having had a subpar PC for years and then getting a new one and turning every game’s settings up to ultra

Komputehrenböner

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »

Komputehrenböner

don't bring that 90's shit back I swear to god

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I am very confused about the number and orientation of Hulk's appendages there.
    Serious answer, I think the extra leg is a tail.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's a manga alternate universe so he's probably a kaiju

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    0-1 as a ghost hunter I got mercd and my corpse isn't even evidence

Turns out calling a ghost a punk ass bitch enough gets you got

My buddy did run away with our only flashlight so I was just yelling at the darkness

Solid spooky game

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    it's a manga alternate universe so he's probably a kaiju
    He was, yeah.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I saw the balls dudes image last night and thought maybe one of them was the Prototype guy, except I couldn't remember the title, because Prototype isn't a very memorable title.

Is it just me or does 6 look like Locke from Lost?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    That's a fun crop of games. I've been looking to play Eastshade and Deep Rock Galactic

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Stoked more people will get to try Deep Rock. Sad it doesn’t have cross play between Steam (where I have it) and Windows (though it does have cross play between Windows and Xbox)

Unruly Heroes is my “Ooo, I wanted to check that out at some point” from that list.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBSsM-o3_Nk
    My Time at Sandrock is the sequel to My Time at Portia. This time your adventure will take place in the rugged mining town of Sandrock. The devs are aiming for "better graphics, better optimization, more story, and more satisfying gameplay"

it's kickstarting now

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Eastshade's a really nice, pleasant experience. I spent 7-ish hours with it, found it very relaxing. I would've spent even more time with it if I weren't colorblind, I reckon.

But it's a really great fit for Gamepass.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ooh, I'll have to try Deeprock.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Today I learned there's a video game site called Game Spew...

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Deeprock is spectacular, I've gotta get back to it.

After many hours it starts to get a bit repetitive, but that's kind of true of all games of its genre.

Also My Time At Portia was very odd and also neat, so I'm excited to see what they pull with a sequel.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    My Time at Sandrock is the sequel to My Time at Portia. This time your adventure will take place in the rugged mining town of Sandrock. The devs are aiming for "better graphics, better optimization, more story, and more satisfying gameplay"

it's kickstarting now

How did My Time At Portia end up shaking out? Ive had it on my wishlist for a while now.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    so the devs of caves of qud have been dealing with an influx of goobergate types flooding their discord and reddit

apparently one of the bigger 4channer youtubers did a video review of the game, and while the review was positive, it still brought the attention of a lot of toxic folks who mostly just want to know why the story's evil fascist faction aren't playable, come on guys, they're just asking, come on

anyway I bring this up because they've done a great job of dealing with the situation and made a twitter thread talking about how

Oh neat. I'd just been tagging the trolls as unhelpful.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

it's kickstarting now

How did My Time At Portia end up shaking out? Ive had it on my wishlist for a while now.

I put a few hours into it. It's totally fine, worth playing if you want a farming game but are all Stardew'd out

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I couldn't really get into Portia.

The controls were a little loose, my character felt light and airy in an unsatisfying way. I'm used to farm-y games where there's a deliberate pace, a deliberate weight, like there's some tangible, tactile connection to the earth. It feels appropriate for the genre. In Portia, I was just sorta floating along, never hindered, never having to adapt to the world. It was frictionless, in an unsatisfying way.

I also thought there were way too many systems, and they did not interlock in especially satisfying ways. There was always something I could be doing, but I was rarely sure why I would want to.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yeah. There was a lot of likeable stuff in there, but it never gelled for me. The artifact hunting and crafting in particular felt like systems I should be paying microtransactions to skip in a FTP game.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    The building of things in Portia is somewhat satisfying if you like small-scale logistics chains. I also liked the cutesy but also post-post apocalyptic setting the world had. It's not especially deep though.

The artifact hunting sucks and I agree with Pooro's commentary on the controls.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Deep Rock Galactic is really fun if you have a few friends you can play it with. It has strong Left 4 Dead / Vermintide vibes.

I kinda burned out on it after a few dozen hours, but I def got my money's worth and then some. I will probably return to it at some point. I only really had 1 friend that I was able to consistently play it with, which kinda dampened the longevity. We played with randos in our party, which wasn't the worst to be honest, but 3-4 friends would be ideal.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    The big thing I would hope for in a Portia sequel would be better combat/delving, which felt very unfinished honestly.

I really liked the crafting loops but you did get to a point where it just made more sense to pay the adventurers' guild to go into the mines for you because it wasn't enjoyable enough to want to go grind them multiple times.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    tell me when they get to My Time at Deathscythe or My Time at Heavyarms

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I tried DRG in early access and couldn’t get into it, but then some friends that had kept playing helped me see the reward loop, especially after lvl 25.

for anybody that might be looking at it, here’s what you’d be working towards, which I didn’t initially know about:

- You’ll do your regular Assignments and missions to get money and minerals and XP.
    - Hitting lvl 25 on any character gives you a Promotion Assignment. (You also stop getting XP at 25, so do your promotion missions on a different character). Once you promote a character you get access to a few extra-fun things:
    - Deep Dives. These are kind of like raids. 3 missions in a row without coming back to the base to restock, so you’re completely dependent on the Nitra you find to call in resupplies. Deep Dives reward you with cosmetics and Overclocks.
    - Overclocks. Weapon mods beyond the ones you get as you level up. Clean over clocks give you a slight boost with no downfall. Balanced give you a big benefit at the cost of something else. Unstable changes a big aspect of your gun (e.g. your Gunner’s minigun loses a lot of accuracy... but also your bullets bounce off of walls... or your Engineer’s grenade launcher loses a ton of ammo... but now it shoots nukes that leave an AoE behind).
    - Core Hunt. A weekly Assignment set that rewards cosmetics and Overclocks.

Once I opened up the Overclock system (and I REALLY opened up the rate at which you can obtain cosmetics) that’s where I had the most fun. Now I keep playing to see what new Overclocks I can get, or new beards/mustaches (lip beards)/sideburns (cheek beards) I get.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Gimme a Squats v Tyranids mod for Deep Rock

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    YO NEW ZACKTRONICS JOINT

0o3gzwlgb6dh.jpg

Wait, it's a wargame? That's pretty radical from the usual Zachtronics far--

c2nttkx16vuq.jpg

Oh, nevermind!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Defend America from alternate-universe America is an amazing pitch

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Sold

EDIT I didn't mean to use code tags but this is a Zachtronics joint so it seems appropriate to leave them in.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    YO NEW ZACKTRONICS JOINT

0o3gzwlgb6dh.jpg

Wait, it's a wargame? That's pretty radical from the usual Zachtronics far--

c2nttkx16vuq.jpg

Oh, nevermind!

Zachtronics games are not for me in any form, but I love that they exist all the same. I can only imagine what sort of bugfuck crazy shenanigans will be going on in a strategy game by them

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    From the description it seems like the puzzles are mostly a side activity to the strategy bit.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I hope they expand into dating sims next, so we can finally get with a diode, the way we've all been wanting to for all these years.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I hope they expand into dating sims next, so we can finally get with a diode, the way we've all been wanting to for all these years.

In the year 2050, roving AIs prowl dating apps. Can you build a Turing test robust enough to find the humans?

Or will you write code so beautiful you find love with the ghost in the machine?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Please do not narc on AIs who are just looking for love.

• Options
    Wait, is Watch Dogs: Legion really coming out on the 29th? I completely lost track of what that thing's status was. I was pretty excited after that initial reveal, but my ardour has really cooled after all the horrible behavior from Ubisoft's management became public.

This discussion has been closed.