As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Low Bar: Cleared!

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Ahaha, would have been the game but offensive holding brings it back. This game will never end.

camo_sig2.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    You gotta be kidding me

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Fuck me

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Jesus I feel bad for Wilson. Guy is putting up some great numbers, but when the entire team is basically being propped up on his shoulders, you're going to make some dumb throws like that (he's made a few like that lately).

camo_sig2.png
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    NFL, you're drunk. Go home.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
    He’s taken a lot of hits tonight too. A few from behind. Bound to get twitchy.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    It’s not dangerous when you know they won’t throw a flag

wbBv3fj.png
    Man what a game. That’s got to be close to a record for latest win since the new OT rules came in.

Is it just a single OT now instead of two?

camo_sig2.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    ODBJr out for year with left ACL. Browns gonna brown.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    ODBJr out for year with left ACL. Browns gonna brown.

More playing time for future surgeon/absolute freak athlete Donovan Peoples-Jones!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Smallish sample, but in his rookie season + the part of the game yesterday that OBJ was out, Mayfield was phenomenal

Last season plus so far this season (including the first drive before OBJ’s injury), Mayfield has sucked enormous turds

I think he’s been forcing too much attention to OBJ and it’s keeping him out of rhythm vs spreading it around to like Peoples-Jones, Higgins (Rashard), and some TE names Bryant (?)

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Smallish sample, but in his rookie season + the part of the game yesterday that OBJ was out, Mayfield was phenomenal

Last season plus so far this season (including the first drive before OBJ’s injury), Mayfield has sucked enormous turds

I think he’s been forcing too much attention to OBJ and it’s keeping him out of rhythm vs spreading it around to like Peoples-Jones, Higgins (Rashard), and some TE names Bryant (?)

Eli Manning was like that a lot with Jeremy Shockey on the field his first few years - demonstrably better with him off the field.

Consequently Shockey was injured during the 07-08 Superbowl and playoff run. He was off the team the following year.

Now Shockey was way more toxic then OBJ could have ever hoped to have been and was a fucking drop machine, but it seems to be a common thread with young QBs. They want to have "a guy" and in the NFL defenses will pick you apart if they know that.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Wilson's last pick was so bad, if the LB didn't undercut it then the safety was for sure getting it. I don't know if he expected DK to cut his route or what but there was no one even close.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Wilson's last pick was so bad, if the LB didn't undercut it then the safety was for sure getting it. I don't know if he expected DK to cut his route or what but there was no one even close.

It really did not look like they were on the same page about what route was being run.

Well I was maybe going to toss Russ an MVP vote but after that INT I’m going to have to give it to Justin Herbert instead

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Its Tom Brady's to lose this year.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    So yes, I’m quite aware of the penchant for teams to be named football team in proper football, I’m in fact an avid fan of La Liga and the English Premier League. That naming convention however is very incongruous in American football and as such is worthy or mockery. That and the team deserves it for all the years of being a slur. That said also, despite watching my Cowboys further devolve into pathetic irrelevancy it did produce this gem on my phone:
    01bo1xtd1tv5.jpeg

That's hilarious . A football team played a bunch of cowboys and ran up the score.

As a cowboys fan, this is the worst cowboys "team" I have ever watched. Glad I get a few hours of my Sundays back.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    southwick wrote: »
    So yes, I’m quite aware of the penchant for teams to be named football team in proper football, I’m in fact an avid fan of La Liga and the English Premier League. That naming convention however is very incongruous in American football and as such is worthy or mockery. That and the team deserves it for all the years of being a slur. That said also, despite watching my Cowboys further devolve into pathetic irrelevancy it did produce this gem on my phone:
    01bo1xtd1tv5.jpeg

That's hilarious . A football team played a bunch of cowboys and ran up the score.

As a cowboys fan, this is the worst cowboys "team" I have ever watched. Glad I get a few hours of my Sundays back.

I suppose you didn't watch 1989, then.

• southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    southwick wrote: »
    01bo1xtd1tv5.jpeg

I suppose you didn't watch 1989, then.

I was more interested in Ninja Turtles than football at that point, though maybe I still am.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »

I believe regular season has always been just 1 OT?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

Except for playoffs. And I'm not sure it a playoff game has ever gone to double or. Was sudden death before the rule changes but it's always been one of period.

Except for playoffs. And I'm not sure it a playoff game has ever gone to double or. Was sudden death before the rule changes but it's always been one of period.

Right, yeah. Six playoff games have gone to 2OT, the last being Ravens/Broncos in the Divisional round of the 2012 playoffs, according to Wiki

Right, yeah. Six playoff games have gone to 2OT, the last being Ravens/Broncos in the Divisional round of the 2012 playoffs, according to Wiki

Was this when Tebow ascended to or from heaven

Was this when Tebow ascended to or from heaven

If you're referring to the crazy Tebow TD all I remember is that was a Broncos/Steelers game and it was like the second play of OT. Wiki says that was in 2011, so the year before. The 2OT game was the first year Manning played with the Broncos, the Ravens beat them.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Things are getting hot in Chicago for Matt Nagy. 5-2 record and the fans are calling for his head. What's the best record ever for a fired coach? This dude is wasting a great defense and his offense is less than the sum of its parts.

I'm not defending Matt Nagy here but I'm not convinced that offense is less than the sum of its parts.

What parts

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    DeAndre Hopkins explains what happened when he was caught on camera flipping off Trump supporteers

"I was really about to do the peace sign to him, but my index finger, this finger right here was kind of hurting so it ain't make it up in time."

Nothing but respect for a man with the confidence to go with that story.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/hopkins-explains-flipping-off-trump-supporters/75-f090c71f-e3f2-4a8d-bc97-402f0bad8eb3

ElO2pRdVgAEGppm?format=jpg&name=large

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I wonder if there's any law specifically outlawing barbed caltrops on the interstates

I mean, there probably is but

He basically just said “... and I’d do it again!”

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Man, I hope he sees a spike in jersey sales from this. :D

What parts

If Blake Bortles can toss 1400 yards to Allen Robinson, he's a part. I think most of the skill position players would look solid on another team. The line is awful and Foles is not talented. He's not able to play around pressure.

What parts

If Blake Bortles can toss 1400 yards to Allen Robinson, he's a part. I think most of the skill position players would look solid on another team. The line is awful and Foles is not talented. He's not able to play around pressure.

The line and Foles are the two most important parts. Everything else flows from them.

admanb wrote: »
    What parts

The line and Foles are the two most important parts. Everything else flows from them.

Yes, and circling back to the original point, Foles is the guy Nagy brought here. This shit is on him.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    So, as a non-native, I'm more a fan of good football than any given team. I want to watch 2-4 games a week, and have an interest in watching those games that'll be fun, rather than those I have an emotional investment in. Have too many friends and family that root for perpetually bad or mediocre teams, and they always seem more miserable than entertained.

This leads me to find a few teams to root against, rather than for, in any given game. Ones where I can just root for the team opposing them.

The list for the last couple of years has been the Patriots, the Cowboys, Washington, and any team with Adrian Peterson on the roster (the latter two being paired simplified things for me for a while). Recently added the Gruden Raiders to the list.
    Yeah, there are a lot of players that have done bad things, and it may be unfair to single out Peterson. But a) I can't abide a child abuser, b) he's been an unrepentant asshole about it and c) being petulant that the Vikings only backed him 95% instead of 100%, puts him permanently on my shit list.

So was reconsidering the Patriots and Tampa, since Bill and Tom had been split up. They were always staying on the list as long as they were together.

Then Bill signs Newton in a sweetheart deal no other team would get, because the Patriots have been doing that for a decade. So, fuck that, you evil prince of darkness. Glad your season has gone to shit. And if the Bills and Dolphins let you get the Division title again, fuck them both too.

Always liked Arians attitude. And it's nice to have a perennial joke of a franchise do well, now that they ejected one of the biggest dickheads in the game.

So, maybe I can watch what is being touted as one of the best teams on both sides of the ball, without hating on them?

Hmm... what's that news alert?

Breaking: Tampa Bay Buccaneers officially sign free agent wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Yeah, fuck the Bucs. They're on the list now.

You realize the league thought Cam was broken and washed up? Maybe the Pats got a slight discount but if they did it’s because they said, “you’re competing for starter” and not “shut up and hold this clipboard.”

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    You realize the league thought Cam was broken and washed up? Maybe the Pats got a slight discount but if they did it’s because they said, “you’re competing for starter” and not “shut up and hold this clipboard.”

Partly. Less "washed up", than an unknown based on the injury and a hard time getting a proper look at him to evaluate.

The current excess of talent at the QB position, or players under evaluation, did shrink the market in terms of landing spots.

But I think that Denver could have offered him a competing position.

I also think Indy could have been a coinflip for Rivers or Newton in terms of "what's the floor and ceiling of this QB", and they gave Rivers 25x what the Pats were able to give Newton.

And the Chicago front office should be fired into the sun for sticking with Trubisky. Foles is a fine backup, but fuck me, sunk cost fallacy has fucked them there.

While as far as we know, none of those teams offered Cam a contract, I think that Newton would have wanted significantly more than what he took from the Pats, to go there.

I think the Pats definitely got a massive paycut than any other team in need at the position would have gotten, purely by virtue of them being the Pats.

• NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    Things are getting hot in Chicago for Matt Nagy. 5-2 record and the fans are calling for his head. What's the best record ever for a fired coach? This dude is wasting a great defense and his offense is less than the sum of its parts.

that depends - in-season or after the season? Schottenheimer was fired after a 14-2 season.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Noquar wrote: »

that depends - in-season or after the season? Schottenheimer was fired after a 14-2 season.

I'm still salty about that as a Chargers fan.

So glad we traded that for 6 years of Norv fucking Turner.

vRyue2p.png