As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Couple interesting college hockey rules changes:

1) No one will be thrown out of faceoffs. A second infraction by the same player will be a minor penalty.
    2) Offensive zone team gets to pick which faceoff dot is used.

Ooh that second one is fun.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Patrick marleau resigned with the sharks. Has a chance to set the record for most nhl games played, if he does 45 games next year, passing gordie howes record of 1767 games.

Howe played until he was 52, but seasons were only 70 games long, in his day.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Nieto also back to San Jose. Getting the band back together.

I actually liked Long Beach Native but we have O'Connor and Kaut probably bumping up.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Not impressed with the Canuck's off season. Letting Markstrom and Tanev walk makes sense, but letting Stetcher and Toffoli go, when they could have signed those contracts in Vancouver is lame.

Getting Schmidt is good, but this regime's ineptness with the Sutter, Erikson, Beagle, and Rousel contracts is potentially going to cripple a team that could become a real cup contender.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    If Toronto keeps going like this, they'll be very intriguing at the start of the season. Scrappy vets on short, value contracts and some solid roleplayers.

Plus there's rumors they could potentially land Thornton before the off-season is done.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Wait, roleplayers? Is someone going to play all their games the Sesame Street's "The Count"?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    In hockey role players are the bottom end of the lineup guys who don’t score much but can do other things well like defend, kill penalties, win face offs etc.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

The Canadian Division? Looks like we have a COVID-era realignment on the way. Makes sense with teams not being likely to cross the US/Canada border.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Joe Thornton signs in Toronto.

There goes my desire to see him win a cup

• Options
    T O L D Y O U

Also Toronto loading up on old guys to make a run. This will be a fun upcoming season

• Options
    Corvus wrote: »
    Somehow the Oilers will still end up with shit goaltending, I can just feel it.

Welp, some things are too easy.

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    In hockey role players are the bottom end of the lineup guys who don’t score much but can do other things well like defend, kill penalties, win face offs etc.

also punching

• Options
    Goddammit

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Goddammit

Ugh, congratulations on your new defensive signing.... :D

• Options
    Avs have continually been linked to Ceci through the years and seem to always eventually “get their man” so yeah, bit of a sigh of relief here.

• Options
    ah fuck

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Oof. Gotta appreciate the honesty, at least.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    He was ok for a couple of years. I wouldn't say he never panned out, he just didn't become a superstar.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Emrick is finally retiring after 25 years of everything being the most exciting that ever happened in a rink, making nothing actually exciting.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    gonna miss the word squib most of all

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    gonna miss the word squib most of all

Waffle boarded

• Options
    Carem

• Options
    Is he still fighting cancer or is it in remission?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i thought it was in remission but i could be wrong and/or it could be back

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

Great, just what hockey culture needs, giving racist, abusive kids more chances.

Warning, a pretty gross story. This guy the Coyotes drafted in the first round is known to have been physically, mentally, and racially abusive towards a developmentally delayed kid in his school.

• Options
    When I read the first sentence I thought it was going to be about the story about a video that come out of Calgary minor hockey, showing a kid going into convulsions after some hazing stunt.

• Options
    I understand (haven't checked to verify specifically) that he was chosen in the 4th round, not the 1st, because the 'Yotes were penalized for illegal / early scouting. Which doesn't mitigate anything, but does show that all the other teams said fuck no multiple times.

• Options
    From the mother of the kid he assaulted and abused. Let's not excuse this bullshit with softer words.

• Options
    This is all even made worse by the Coyotes president and CEO being named to the NHL's Executive Inclusion Council. I mean, jesus christ.

• Options
    But, don't worry! The coyotes are going to put him in charge of their new anti-bullying pr campaign, so obviously that fixes everything

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    That guy should never put on an NHL sweater.

He was still bullying the guy at 16 apparently and even after going to court for it.
    Fuck the coyotes if he ever steps foot on the ice for their organization.

• Options
  • Options

Still less shameful than the Cowboys

• Options
    Less shameful is still shameful

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Did they contact U of Oregon for design ideas?

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Ummm, that team almost won the Stanley Cup. We sure this isn’t just a Halloween prank??

• Options
    I don’t think god had anything to do with this.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Coyotes renounce rights to Miller.

"We have decided to renounce the rights to Mitchell Miller, effective immediately," said Coyotes' President & CEO Xavier Gutierrez. "Prior to selecting Mitchell in the NHL Draft, we were aware that a bullying incident took place in 2016. We do not condone this type of behavior but embraced this as a teachable moment to work with Mitchell to make him accountable for his actions and provide him with an opportunity to be a leader on anti-bullying and anti-racism efforts. We have learned more about the entire matter, and more importantly, the impact it has had on Isaiah and the Meyer-Crothers family. What we learned does not align with the core values and vision for our organization and leads to our decision to renounce our draft rights. On behalf of the Arizona Coyotes ownership and our entire organization, I would like to apologize to Isaiah and the Meyer-Crothers family. We are building a model franchise on and off the ice and will do the right thing for Isaiah and the Meyer-Crothers family, our fans and our partners. Mr. Miller is now a free agent and can pursue his dream of becoming an NHL player elsewhere."

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coyotes-renounce-rights-to-mitchell-miller/c-319543540

They shouldn't have drafted him in the first place but ultimately it's the right thing to do. I hope this leads to more teams making sure that the players are good on AND off the ice.

I would say that people can make mistakes when they're younger and recover but I haven't read any evidence this guy legitimately tried to do so and it was as recent as 2 years ago he was being a shithead.
    Also, he's not being executed. He can't make hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars playing hockey now. That's the end of a dream but not this guys life. Maybe he should spend some more years genuinely working to make ammends and prove he's a better person and then tryout.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    That guy should never put on an NHL sweater.

He was still bullying the guy at 16 apparently and even after going to court for it.
    Fuck the coyotes if he ever steps foot on the ice for their organization.

Coyotes are renouncing his rights. It's one thing to be a shitty kid who did some shitty things to some vulnerable people. We can have that debate as to whether or not that should potentially ruin your life. But if you are an unrepentant shitty person afterwards, then its much, much easier to just tell you to piss off for good.

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    As someone who is both an nhl season ticket holder and the father to a mentally disabled son, I don’t think I have ever been so angry about a news story (well, the deeper story that caused the news today). I don’t want that person to ever see the inside of an NHL locker room

This discussion has been closed.