As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Hey red mage is pretty fun huh

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Anyone have good gardening tips? Got my small house plot setup and threw some seeds into it with grade 3 soil but not totally sure what's good to bother with and whatnot

Gardening is very complex and you're probably best off looking up a guide.

As far as stuff that sells well, Thavnarian Onions for Chocobos always sell ok, but they take like 3 weeks to grow from scratch. Jute is apparently an ok seller?

Also make sure you have the 8 plot planter, with the little scarecrow. Basically all gardening guides assume that's what you are using.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Nashu is great what is this slander

A side effect of playing basically every piece of PvE content in ffxiv in a 2 month span means I took a lethal overdose of hildebrand and nashu and stopped finding them funny

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Anyone have good gardening tips? Got my small house plot setup and threw some seeds into it with grade 3 soil but not totally sure what's good to bother with and whatnot

Gardening is very complex and you're probably best off looking up a guide.

As far as stuff that sells well, Thavnarian Onions for Chocobos always sell ok, but they take like 3 weeks to grow from scratch. Jute is apparently an ok seller?

Also make sure you have the 8 plot planter, with the little scarecrow. Basically all gardening guides assume that's what you are using.

You'll want a good supply of grade 3 Thanalan topsoil as well, as it increases crossbreed chances.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Between grinding out enough of the items for 4 relics and doing Bozjan for rep and bitter memories I'm feeling rather burned out. After doing enough Bozjan mettle farming to open up all the areas and enough cluster farming to get around 150 clusters I've only earned 7 bitter memories. According to Reddit cluster farming is faster than Antitower, but I've not found that to be the case. I'd guess I've played at least 8 hours of Bozjan to only have 7 bitter memories is a very poor return on time invested.

It might do me good to take a break for a few days and give up on Bozjan for the time being. I'm so fucking sick of doing fates and mindless grinding.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Still doing the free trial, but now I'm in Heavensward!

Kinda wish this wasn't a big castle city, that's kind of boring compared to the other ones. But in general I've been surprised at how fun it is to jump in and play this a bit at time. I was expecting to be locked into 5 hours of raiding or whatever because it's an MMO, and particularly for this earlier-game stuff it's been nice that the dungeons are like 15-30 minutes.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Cormac wrote: »
    Between grinding out enough of the items for 4 relics and doing Bozjan for rep and bitter memories I'm feeling rather burned out. After doing enough Bozjan mettle farming to open up all the areas and enough cluster farming to get around 150 clusters I've only earned 7 bitter memories. According to Reddit cluster farming is faster than Antitower, but I've not found that to be the case. I'd guess I've played at least 8 hours of Bozjan to only have 7 bitter memories is a very poor return on time invested.

It might do me good to take a break for a few days and give up on Bozjan for the time being. I'm so fucking sick of doing fates and mindless grinding.

Yeah, I dunno what's with the talk about Bozja being faster for the weapons. With coordination with other players, the HW FATEs and the level 60 dungeons are way faster.

Anyway, go ahead and take a break if you need.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    definitely better to take a break than force yourself to keep playing

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ok I literally just met Moenbryda and know nothing about her other than I want her to be my tall strong girlfriend

ok I read her wiki entry and well....

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    lol well let this be a lesson to not read the wiki

BahamutZERO.gif
    I also don't have a horny catgirl admirer, so really life is just a sea of disappointments

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hypothetical question: how would you feel about a horny cat boy admirer?

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    Also a very horny elf boy admirer.

I didn't mean in game

but to answer your question, how fem we talkin'

edited October 2020
    Lalafell
    edit:

Enlong on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    ok I read her wiki entry and well....

well it was either going to be this or the typical slew of "subtle" foreshadowing response posts that basically just give away what happens anyway

Viera
    I wasn't gonna say shit and I hope everyone else in here would have had the good sense to not even respond to that post

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I wasn't gonna say shit and I hope everyone else in here would have had the good sense to not even respond to that post

haven't you posted on these forums before though

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Viera
    Zay wrote: »

haven't you posted on these forums before though

how dare you accuse me of posting on these forums

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i still distinctly remember when i started danganronpa, someone posted something that was absolutely meaningless without context, and someone says "HEY SPOILERS DUDE!!" instantly turning it into a spoiler

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Oh yeah I've had that happen before. Or it was a spoiler but I would've forgotten all about it if it weren't for the rest of the thread flipping their shit over the spoiler for 3 pages, cementing the memory in my brain for years to come.

hey so Ilberd this doesn't seem entirely on the level

what's the deal

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    hey so Ilberd this doesn't seem entirely on the level

what's the deal
    Local Man Ruins Everything.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular

in fairness i think it's less likely here than elsewhere. i suppose it was more of a flippant comment on that sort of thing in general.

there was a particular instance on twitter where (heavensward spoilers)
    some guy had a similar reaction to ysale and posted a response not long after going 'well shit. nothing better happen to my boys aymeric and hauchefaunt...' and dozens of replies were of concerned face memes and other completely transparent comments. like, come on people.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    A spoiler's a spoiler, but a vague reaction gif could be anything! It could even be a spoiler!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    A spoiler's a spoiler, but a vague reaction gif could be anything! It could even be a spoiler!
    (picture of any FFXIV named character)

RJTZ8xX.gif

Who's got twenty thumbs and some new couches?
    gVgqlRU.jpg

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    jesus christ

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Viera
    saber that is too many yokai watch fates

BahamutZERO.gif
    Medals seemed like roughly 50% drop rate, maybe a little less, so at least 3,000 FATEs or so.

Viera
    yes exactly

BahamutZERO.gif
    Man I'm struggling to get one done, much less ten. I have very little patience for the grind unless I find the gameplay to be super compelling.

Completely related note: boy do I dislike Bozja.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    hildibrand does not deserve a horny catgirl admirer

this is bullshit

I promise you he deserves this specific horny catgirl admirer

gLLq1W6.png

guys I think I figured out who this mysterious sword thief is

it's a real tricky one though

oh theres a large bridge

I get references

Lalafell
    guys I think I figured out who this mysterious sword thief is

it's a real tricky one though

Well, whoever it is, I'm sure you and Greg will be able to handle it together.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Donnicton wrote: »
    hildibrand does not deserve a horny catgirl admirer

this is bullshit

I promise you he deserves this specific horny catgirl admirer

gLLq1W6.png

I don't know how they manage to fit that much tongue in a single cheek sometimes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.