As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SECRET SANTA] & [CRYPTIC CARDS]: Classiness is 2020

RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
edited November 2020 in Debate and/or Discourse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYqugtl0cKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQhuoY5h2kE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6LmMCuGjfA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTFG_nvreoI
f6u07f098fo9.jpg

Hello and welcome to Secret Santa, also known as Clue-Free Christmas, Hidden Holidays or X-Filed Xmas! It's coming up to that time of year where society paradoxically compells us to flex our "think of others" brain meats and our "buy stuff" brain meats. These brain meats can come into conflict if we don't exercise them properly. So what better way to get some practice in!

Want to be classy but are struggling to make ends meet? That's what Cryptic Cards are for! You can arrange to get someone to send a cheerful card to instead! Not that you can't send a card to your Santee as well.

How do I demonstrate classiness while participating?

First of all, I'm confident that we're all mature enough to deal with adult concepts like keeping on topic in chat nudity. You can send people NC-17 movies and Lolita and stuff if you want, but in general don't send things with the sole intent of titillation. If you'd rather not receive risque things, make a note of it in your wishlist. Also of course, nothing illegal or dangerous. And no Bitcoins. Impressive Artistic Renditions of Bitcoins are acceptable though.

Second of all, you must post some kind of wishlist here. Some enjoy the thrill of forum stalking, but others don't have the time. Also, if possible, assemble a wishlist for a website in your homeland or for digital wares, so if necessary your Santa can avail of that.

In the past, I've allowed people to ask to be assigned a Santee in the same country as them, because International Postage is a troublesome expense. This has been super stressful to work around, so nowadays remember that by signing up, you agree to send internationally if necessary. To all Santees, this is why Amazon.co.uk or fnac.com or Steam or what have you should be availed of, to allow your Santa to send you things without spending a fortune on postage. So please put thought into that. Cryptic Card will continue to be exclusively international as well.

Finally, you must have a record of your gifts being posted. Amazon/Steam emails, recorded delivery receipt, what have you. It's a busy period and the postal system has not only failed before, but is under unusual strain for what I suspect is the Unclassiest of Motives. You don't have to send them to your Santee unless there's a problem though, but it wouldn't hurt.

[/Classiness Requirements]

So how do you sign up for replacing leg day with classy day? PM me. In the past I've allowed signups just in the thread, and had to chase down folk for their details separately. If I haven't received a PM by the closing date, that's tough cookies. Your PM should include:

-Your real name and address
-Whether you're being a Secret Santa and/or Cryptic Carder.
-Whether you wish to be on the reserve list for ungifted Santees (see below)

How much should you spend on your Santee? There are no hard limits. D&D has a huge spread of incomes, putting hard limits wouldn't be fair. If you feel artsy, homemade arts and crafts are a totally classy gift. All that matters is that you've put thought into what you're sending. Another option may be a charity donation in your Santee's name.

You'll have until Friday November 13th to sign up, so the opportunity to net some classy presents without busting your wallet at the likes of Black Friday has not passed you by, and to digest stuff that happened the previous week. It will take me a few days to get everyone assigned, so I may be open to some last minute additions, but keep this date in mind.

There are some restrictions to qualify for joining the Secret Santa, but hopefully aren't too onerous. In general, you should have been a regular poster on the boards since January 2020. This isn't iron clad though, and I'll consider newer posters on a case by case basis, especially if somebody else vouches for them. That being said, I reserve the right to refuse the admission of anyone for any other reason. In addition the Mods have the final say over who can take part, and can veto any admission. Any such refusal should be taken up with them.

Ideally I'd like to have all the assignments sent to their Santas before Thanksgiving, which should give everyone around a month to figure out how best to be classy to your fellow man before the agreed upon date of Christmas. Problems can happen however, and I'll understand if by Christmas Eve your gift has not reached its recipient, especially if you've explained this to your Santee and myself. And as said above, there may be post problems pertaining these plague pandemic perils, so as long as communication has been done I think we can be forgiving if things take a long time to get anywhere. I advise you all to use tracking numbers when you send them in case something goes wrong. If you have failed to send me notification of any actions you have taken by January 20th, I shall be in contact with the Mods. They understand the importance of being classy, and frown upon those who ask for the responsibility and then shun it. You WILL be banned if you fail to live up to your obligation without good reason. Also, never display disappointment in what you receive. People are being classy and sending you gifts, and it is bad form to complain about what you receive and forget the reason behind the gift. In the event a Santee goes without gift, I will be asking someone on the reserve list to make it up to them, preferably by the end of February.

Remember, it's now what you give or get, but how classy you are in doing it. <3

Those Being Secretive:

AngelHedgie
Atomika
Blameless Cleric
Casual Eddy
Dark Raven X
davidsdurion
Doodmann
ElementBrian
Hahnsoo1
Herrcron
Hi I'm Vee!
JaysonFour
jungleroomx
milski
MNC Dover
mRahmani
N1tSt4lker
RMS Oceanic
Six
spool32
SummaryJudgement
Tav

Those Being Cryptic:

AngelHedgie
Blameless Cleric
Dark Raven X
davidsdurion
Hahnsoo1
MNC Dover
RMS Oceanic
Surfpossum

The stalking begins.

For ease of stalking historical reference:

RMS Oceanic on

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    good lord, before Halloween?

All right then, !signup :):)

spool32 on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    12GIFS_Vic3.gif

!signup

The list:

I would love local stuff from wherever you are with an explanation of what you love about it. Food, art, oddities...just something that's a story about where you're from. A way of traveling without traveling

If that's not in the cards:
    Cooking stuff - knives or a butcher block (might be hard to ship)
    Gardening stuff - seed organizer or something like that?

That's what I've been real interested in this year.

...I'm also planning to buy an embroidery machine for myself for christmas this year so anything related to that is on the table.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    !signup I'm in! Woo!
    EDIT: Wishlist stuff:
    Clothing Sizes: XL Men's T-Shirts, 38 waist/30 length pants, 19 in. collar. Also, I love 3/4-Sleeve Baseball Jersey style shirts, although without any actual sportsball teams on it (just the style).

TL;DR - Cheap: Get me a CD. Expensive: Get me a microphone (see below).

Things that Hahnsoo1 wants:
    * Fancy Mask for Singing - I already own one of these, but I could always use more. It is comfy and allows me to sing pretty easily in them:
    0https://www.mymusicfolders.com/product/resonance-singers-mask-with-disposable-biofilters/

* Green Screen - I would like a Green Screen of some sort to do some Chroma Key work with my webcam. I’d prefer one that either mounts on a chair (like a Webaround or Cam-A-Lot) or has its own stand (like an Elgato, similar to a projector screen).

* Audio Gear - I’m really into audio gear, still. I can always use more microphones, microphone stands, XLR cables, and the like. Some suggestions (from Expensive to Cheap):
    ** Pair of Line Audio CM4 - Need to import these from Sweden. :(
    ** A decent shotgun microphone of some sort (not to be confused with 12 gauge microphones below, which is a microphone made from shotgun shells).
    ** A Shure SM-58 - I own an old one of these, but I could use a brand new one.
    ** A Lightning-adapter iPhone external microphone, like a Shure MV88 or Rode VideoMic Me-L or Zoom iQ6.
    ** Microphone Stands (of any kind). I prefer the brand K&M or Atlas.
    ** Razer Seiren Mini USB
    ** 12 gauge microphones (any of them. They are all high quality and tiny in size)
    ** MEE audio M6 PRO (I own these, but I could use more) IEMs
    ** GLS Audio ES-58 (regular or S)

* Anything by Hide and Drink - They make high quality leather products, like belts and bags. I like pretty much anything that they make.

* Broadway Musicals - I already own Be More Chill, Hadestown, Ain’t Too Proud, and The Prom. I already own Sondheim’s autobiographies and Hamilton: The Revolution.
    ** Most of the rest of the 2019 Tony Award nominees are still up for grabs.
    ** T-shirts, books, tchotchkes related to Broadway are great.

* Singing/A Cappella -
    ** Deke Sharon has a new book out called “Teaching Music through Performance in Contemporary A Cappella” that I’d like.
    ** I’d also like “A Cappella Arranging” by Deke Sharon and Dylan Bell,
    ** “A Cappella Warm-Ups for Pop and Jazz Choirs” by Deke Sharon.
    ** There’s a new Voices Only 2020 album that I really would like to get, as well as BOCA 2020. I don’t think they do physical discs for these anymore, though.
    ** Home Free’s new Xmas album “Warmest Winter”
    ** Pentatonix’s new Xmas album “We Need a Little Christmas”
    ** Expensive: Roland VT-12 vocal trainer/tuner
    ** And, of course, T-shirts and mugs and stuff related to singing.

* Star Trek Stuff - I already own Star Trek Adventures Core Rulebook
    ** Physical copies of Star Trek Adventures splatbooks would be nice. I don’t own any of them physically.
    ** A Star Trek uniform top of some sort would be cool. I’d prefer DS9 or VOY era, but I’ll take anything (even Disco)
    ** Any other Star Trek-related tchotchkes or clothes or whatever.

* Cat stuff - My cat, Remington Jones, would appreciate any/all gifts. Or I would appreciate any cat-themed gifts of any kind.
    ** He needs a heated cat bed to warm his little toe beans.
    ** His favorite cat treats are freeze-dried shrimp for cats.

* Multitool stuff - I like things that are ALSO other things, like screwdrivers that are also flashlights and AM/FM radios and shit like that. Or a charger that also is a bluetooth speaker or something.

* Board Games - We enjoy Pandemic and escape room games, but we also own a lot of them, so it might be easier just to list the ones we don’t have.
    ** EXIT series - The Stormy Flight, The Enchanted Forest, The Cemetery of the Knight, Theft on the Mississippi
    ** Pandemic series - Fall of Rome, Rising Tide, Hot Zone: North America
    ** Unlock series - The Mythic box or the Star Wars Unlock box.

* Computer Gear - I could use a Razer Naga Trinity or Razer Tartarus v2.

* Pens - I need some Pilot Precise V5 RT pens and Zebra Mini Ballpoint pen or Mechanical Pencil. I’m also fond of Fisher Space Pens.

Things that Hahnsoo1 does NOT want
    * Video games - I work for a video game company. My backlog is huge. Don’t need any video games or video-game-related stuff.

* Shit That I Have to Assemble - LEGOs and build your own electronics and stuff. Don’t make me do more work!

* Normal Food - I’m on a low carb/no carb diet, so cookies and sweets are forbidden fruit.

* Hats - Way too many hats right now.

* Ties - Never wear them and have too many of them.

* Socks - I’m at my socks limit. My socks threshold, if you will.

* Hoodies - Don’t wear them, have many hoodies already.

* Figurines - Really don’t know where to put them. Will make an exception for a replica of my cat, Remington Jones.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    !Signup

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    !signup

Wishlist!
    My wishlist is very simple, as I think I have nearly everything I could really need in material goods.

1. An RGB mouse mat, 30"+ wide
    2. Lian Li Uni interlocking fan set of 3 + controller, may be sold out
    3. An Instant Pot

Other than that, I can't think of anything consumer-good-ish that I would even want.

What do I actually want then?

1. Wall hanging or other arts. If it's a purchased bit, I definitely like the more neon noir/cyberpunky kind of stuff with high contrast and focus on certain colors. If it's handmade, then I will take literally anything.
    2. Alcohol is never unwelcome!
    3. Last year I got saffron and it's made some interesting dishes. "Exotic" spice outside the norm is also something I'll never turn away.
    4. Fun chocolates are fine, white chocolate is the most fine!
    5. Steam gift cards.

THINGS TO AVOID

1. No x rated stuff
    2. Tchotchke's or other knick-knacks. I don't have many of these things and prefer not to have them.
    3. Clothing, except for accessories like hats, gloves, or scarfs.

Also, those japanese white chocolate strawberries!

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    !signup

I hope y’all are ready for some fucking winter holiday / xmas cheer because I am BRINGING IT

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    !signup

someone is going to get blasted with Christmas cheer

edit: Lists!!

Stuff I like:
    • I'm a standup comedian in my spare time, so anything that might be useful for that is incredibly appreciated. Stationery is always cool! Thanks to previous secret Santas I've got an assortment of microphones and recording/podcast equipment so I'm alright on that end. Anything you think might be useful for long journeys since, vaccine pending, I'll have some long trips next year!
    • I love stuff from people's local sports team. I'm a huge football (soccer) fan and watch as much of it as I can. I love hearing from people who are passionate about sport, and why you go out of your way to watch a live game in the freezing cold in the middle of winter or travel for hours to go see your team play in some arena. Any sort of cool merch your team might have (I'm an XL in tshirts/2XL in Adidas jerseys) and any sort of stories you have about supporting your team would be amazing. I’ve been amassing a collection of football scarves lately, so an addition to that would be cool!
    • Anything camera related would be sweet. I've got a Canon 80d and anything about photography or that might be useful for it would be dope.
    • Art you made would be cool and very much appreciated!
    • Amazon giftcards!
    • Vinyl! I like punk, emo and metal. I also have a special place in my heart for standup comedy records.
    • Candy and alcohol are always cool.
    • Books! I'm trying to read more and I've managed ~20 books this year. Mostly true crime and thrillers but if you think I'd like it, fire away! Here's my Goodreads
    • I just moved into my own place for the first time so like, anything you think might be useful for that? Cookbooks? I dunno what I might need!

Stuff I'm meh on:
    • Games! I mostly just play WoW and FIFA so I'm not really too pushed about more games.
    • Movies. Pretty much anything I want to watch is on Netflix and I don't really have a collection.
    • NSFW presents. I don't mind if something is nsfw but like, not something that’s just nsfw for the sake of it.

Tav on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    !signup

My wishlist!
    I love homemade stuff, if you're an arty type!

I like: Lego, the Expanse, Legend of Korra, Final Fantasys (all) Gundam (and Gunpla!) Gurren Lagann, Zelda, Pusheen, Devil May Cry, Transistor, Half Life, Xenoblade Chronicles.

I like building stuff, tinkering with electronics and such!

I got a kindle, so I'm good for books, but wouldn't mind some recommendations and Amazon credit! ;P

Mostly play on Switch now, and I like digital games for the most part and PC for everything else. I would love Switch funmoney! We just got VR a few months ago and it's our current obsession.

Amazon Wishlist
    Steam Wishlist

I'm married to @Ravenhpltc24 if ya wanna mine her for info ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    !Signup

I want a Lamborghini massage chair

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Atomika wrote: »
    !Signup

a chair that massages Lamborghinis, sounds useful!

spool32 on
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    !Signup

a chair that massages Lamborghinis, sounds useful!

Those Lamborghinis are hard-working single moms who deserve a break

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    !signup

My list, as was foretold!

I am now and forever in Canada, and nobody can remember a time when this wasn't the case, least of all Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
    As a result, ordering via amazon.ca or something will probably work out better for you than shipping to here from wherever you are, especially with the exchange rates favouring just about every other major currency in the world.
    And some of the minor ones too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
    Our place is very much our own after three years, but I forever thirst for new things to cram into our tiny kitchen.
    There's some things on my Amazon wishlist that would be welcome, though I'm not married to the make and model of the kitchen items on that list, so if you know better, by all means go for it.
    Or feel free to go for something not on there if you feel like it.
    In terms of existing gadgets, I have a Sous Vide, pizza stone & paddle, an instantpot, a stand mixer, and an ice cream making attachment for said stand mixer. Just to rule them out, as nobody needs TWO sousvides.... or do they?

Video Games - I have a Switch, PC, and an Xbone - and I also have games for two of those up to my eyeballs (thank you game pass ultimate!) so really, Switch titles are probably your best bet here. But if you're confident in yourself, do not let me stop you, especially if it's something a little different.
    This is my backloggery for all your cross referencing needs.

Books - I am not a great reader, but that doesn't mean you can't get me books, I will make the time for them! Cookery books are also a good shout - especially if they manage to deal with my being a coeliac, but even if they don't i've gotten handy at doing substiutions.
    I'm forever contemplating changing jobs in the future, moving into more business oriented programming, so if you're a fellow frog rammer and have some books you'd recommend for someone learning c#, WPF et al, that'd be great. Might just be the kick up the hole I need. And isn't that the greatest gift of all?
    No, it's not, but it's still pretty great!

Booze - I am fond of whiskey, especially peated whiskies and single malts, but blended is good too. I also like gin, especially ones that are a bit different to the standard Bombay, Hendricks style ones. However, I cannot drink beer, Unless it's a gluten-free beer. And that's usually just disappointment in a can.

Sports & Sports Accessories - I've built quite a collection of football jerseys over the last while, and I'd love to add to it. But to be picky for a second, it's probably best not to get anything from clubs based in Ireland or the UK. Too much potential for awkwardness.
    As for sizing, if it's player fit then you might as well err on the side of caution and get an XL. regular fit then a Medium or a Large will do. If you're unsure, just for an XL - I ain't gettin' any thinner.
    I've also taken up running, because I'm a fool, so anything in that area would also work - but that's havin' the kibosh put on it for winter because Canada is frozen and desolate, so i'll be moving onto an indoor bike trainer & zwift, finances willing. So if there's something in this area you think would be great by all means - go for it.

Comics - I currently have a marvel unlimited subscription I don't make nearly enough use of, so anything in this category should probably be limited to non-marvel stuff. But not the walking dead, please. I've had my fill of that. There's plenty of comics on my amazon wish list, but new things are good too!

Coffee - This is what keeps me alive. But I don't really drink anything too fancy and maybe it's time to change that up? I've only got a French press, and a filter coffee machine so there's ample room for stuff in this area.
    Anyway, if you're a coffee person, maybe there's something in this area you reckon would be a good thing, go for it.

Or... just go hogwild! Pick whatever you fancy! Maybe something that's local to you and where you are? Fantastic! Go for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqLzZ-WUrSc
    I'm a goddamn dirty coeliac, so I can't consume things with gluten in them. So as much as I love tasty treats you're gonna have to check and see if they're gluten free. It's a pain in the ass, trust me, I know. Anything else is fine!

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    !signup

Holy shit I haven't done this in four years?? I need to classify, stat!

Wishlist:

Good things

Old Books - I've drastically reduced the number of books I own, and there's just a little bit of room on this bookshelf that I'd like to fill up with classy-looking books. I'm a huge fan of Isaac Asimov and he's written a billion books, so you're pretty safe there. Many years ago my santa got me Asimov's Guide to the Bible and Asimov's Guide to Shakespeare which was awesome. I do own most of his sci-fi already, so maybe stay away from that. Other than that, I'd really like a nice matching set of the d'Artagnan Romances (five book series starting with The Three Musketeers and ending with The Man in the Iron Mask) by Alexandre Dumas. Other than that, whatever you think looks cool!

Chess sets - I now have enough cool chess sets to consider it a "collection", so it's officially on the list. I have two important rules for collecting chess sets and they are very important. First, no plastic pieces. Wood, metal, stone, most other materials are fine, but not plastic. Second, and most important, the symbology must be instantly recognizable. In other words, I want to be able to actually play a game with the chess board without having to remind myself which pieces are which. Examples: pretty neat, but bad symbology ; my current favorite chess set I own

Knick-knacks - This used to be in the below section, but I have more shelf space now, so if you see something cool (but not hyper niche or nerdy), I'm down. My sister gave me this one year (a xenomorph from the Alien series made out of scrap metal), which is one of my favorite gifts ever. Bonus points if you make it!

Crafty Things - If you're someone who knows how to make stuff, like knitting or drawing or sculpting etc etc, I'd love to receive anything you make! This is probably my number 1 favorite thing to get from people (but don't worry if you're not a crafty person, I'm not either, I'll still love whatever you send me <3 )

Queer-related things - I'm bi and trans, so anything with those colors or flags would be great (especially if it's a crafty thing you made, see above!), though my trans-ness is slightly on the hushhush IRL for me atm, so maybe lean more towards bi stuff for now.

I'm-a-girl-now stuff - I'm pretty new to being a girl! I'm definitely wanting to indulge in some stereotypically girly things, like bubble baths and fun shower products and painting nails etc etc. Maybe stay away from makeup for now, I'm not sure when I'm going to start working on that, but send me some girly shit for sure! My favorite colors are green and purple, but especially green.

Food and drink - I like most foods, and fun drinks! I don't like beer or wine; if you're going to send alcohol, your best bet is a fun local cider (especially if you live in the Pacific Northwest). I am diabetic, so maybe stay away from mega-sweets like candy or mega-carbs like bread or, I dunno, grits or something.

Not-as-good things

Board games - Normally I'm all about the board games, but between the pandemic and moving to a new city, I have a pretty significant backlog at the moment, so adding more to this collection is probably unwise. Maybe next year.

Regular books - I do most of my reading on my tablet now and I don't have room for a ton of paperbacks anymore, so I'm really only looking for "display" books that fit the criteria listed above. I mean, I'm still going to read those books, they're not just for display, but yeah, no paperbacks unless they look really nice.

Console games - Maybe a Switch game if you feel really passionately about it (I already own most of the staples, I think) but probably best to stay away from this category.

PC Games - I have way too much to play right now, so only do this if it's a fun weird niche game like Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes or something.

Posters - I'm really picky about what kind of posters I like, so it's probably best to avoid this one.

Clothing - This is uh...tricky for me right now what with the "I'm a girl now" thing, so lets hold off on this until next year (unless it's something you make yourself <3 )

Feel free to completely ignore this list and surprise me with something, especially if it's something you made. Surprises are the best!

When stalking me in past threads, keep in mind that I used to be 'visiblehowl' (although I suppose my current username should show up in the old threads, now that I think about it).

If you have questions about me or are looking for friends to act as a proxy, your best bets are @Organichu @Jacobkosh and @Sir Landshark (and by extension @porp )

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    i8xs4zfy11z7.png

Sizes & Measurements:
    • Shirts: M
    • Pants: L or 12
    • Skirts: L or 12
    • Dresses: L or 12 unless they’re not at all fitted below the waist, in which case a 10 is ok
    • Shoes: 8.5

Clothes and Makeup
    I’ve gotten really into makeup lately!

Crafting Supplies

I sew! And I embroider!
    Merch & Miscelany

Video Game Stuff
    • Another set of JoyCons for my Switch !!!!! This would be SO RAD!
    • Gift cards to the Nintendo store
    • Steam gift cards
    • Well, Crusader Kings III and AC: Valhalla are the two games I want rn

Things I Actually Need/Home Goods
    • A nice set of different sized baking spatulas
    • A copy of the Joy of Cooking
    • Sealing wax kit - I'm out of most of my sealing wax and I'm a big dumb baby who sends letters a lot
    • Stationery, see above (I like things featuring impressionist works, Emily Dickinson stuff, pressed flowers, fancy thick weight paper, etc)
    • A copy of Christianne Miller’s “Emily Dickinson’s Poems As She Preserved Them”
    • Pyrex dishes!!!
    • I have a dish/homegoods/nesting wish list with a friend i’d like to move in with next spring so, anything off of that would make us very happy
    • https://www.etsy.com/people/writerfairy1564/favorites/nesting-4-future-home?fbclid=IwAR14pRP9Y71oh4ACwn0f6s3jqBNE62d8tYOIWAJO8-x9OeCa2xCGd5TksLk
    • I really need a wired mouse and computer speakers for my new machine!! Also a decent headset and/or monitor-mounted camera for zoom calls etc would be R A D. but mostly.. tools for.. GAMING
    • Coasters! Maybe stone ? Or ones with pressed flowers in them? I just have a couple of pieces of nice wood furniture now and I would like to not leave rings on them
    • If ur feelin' crazy, a record player :0 I have several records now for some reason

Ok that's about it for specific desires. But guess what - don't limit yourself to this list if you don't want to! I love food from your region (only thing I don't eat is cilantro and licorice), stuff you've made (I'll prob be embroidering things for ppl for this year) -- I could always use more scarves or hats or mittens or ART! I'll appreciate whatever I get bc it's from YOU, Santa, and I love u <3

If you have q's or don't want to overlap with other people, contact @spool32 or @Belasco32 :)

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    !signup

I hope y’all are ready for some fucking winter holiday / xmas cheer because I am BRINGING IT

I too am fucking BRINGING IT THIS YEAR Y'ALL it is a ROUGH AND DISTRESSING TIME and I MISS YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH so get ready for MAXIMUM CLASSINESS this year!!!!

• Options
    !signup

I too am fucking BRINGING IT THIS YEAR Y'ALL it is a ROUGH AND DISTRESSING TIME and I MISS YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH so get ready for MAXIMUM CLASSINESS this year!!!!

I am GETTING PUMPED for SENDING A GIFT TO SOMEONE they will REALLY ENJOY

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    !signup

I am GETTING PUMPED for SENDING A GIFT TO SOMEONE they will REALLY ENJOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lxdQzPBLzo

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    whispers into the dark

!signup

PREPARE PORT BATTERY! HARD RIGHT RUDDER! WHEN TARGET IS IN SIGHT...fire.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    !signup

2020 has outweighed my Grinchiness in terms of shopping and postage.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    First update of people wot gave me deets!

Everyone else, remember to PM me, even if it's just a "last year's deets are good" note. And check if you're missing and/or on the wrong list.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    !signup

I could stand to spread some Christmas cheer around- let's face it, after this year, we could all use something to look forward to.

Wishlist:

1) I have a Steam account, you can visit it through my sig, and I have a massive, massive wishlist there if you feel like just tossing me a Steam game or what have you. I mean, let's face it, games are awesome- or you can just send me a gift card. Console-wise, I have a Switch, an XBox 360, and a PS2. If you have a quirky little game for those consoles you think I might like (or just want to send me Switch credit), go for it!

2) No clothes, though I honestly appreciate the effort and thought. I'm a very, very hard person to fit, and I tend to stick with my usual places when I can find a place that does shirts and the like that fit me well.

3) I collect cookbooks- odd ones. I mean, ones themed after TV shows, video games, etc. - I have a World of Warcraft one I've been dying to make some stuff out of (the banana bread in this one is legit amazing), and I'm always up for collections of recipes or other things (I also like to surf things like Drunken Moogle, and other various sites around the net where people take food from games and make it in real life). I don't mind alcohol, but I'm not a huge heavy drinker. Food would also be good, but I live in Michigan and if you send something, it might end up sitting outside in the ice and snow for a while, so keep that in mind!

4) I'm currently playing a crudload of Pokemon- one game for myself, the other with my niece, and we're having a blast with it. Pokemon books and guides might be kind of cool, but no action figures (no room). I'm trying to make her two customized Pokedexes- one for Galar, the other a National (my poor, poor ink budget)- and she's absolutely in love with the game right now.

5) I'm trying to start an online tabletop group and I can always use more Pathfinder stuff (first or second edition) or Starfinder stuff. If you want to go this route, a gift cert might be good (or I can send you the list of books that I have). No dice (I have piles of them already) and no physical book copies (I like to download and cram all my PDFs into an iPad). I've also been looking for the new Battletech game (A Time of War, I think it is?), and that might be cool, too.

6) I have cats. While I'd be honored to have art and other things people make, and I'll do my best to find some places to hang and set stuff, keep that in mind (though art and stuff would be awesome). But cat stuff would be awesome (I got sent a big pack of treats last year and the cats were very appreciative).

7) Books - I'm a voracious reader of fantasy and sci-fi (think things like Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Spelljammer, Greyhawk, Mystara, Pathfinder, Battletech/Mechwarrior) and I'm always looking for new authors to help me kill an afternoon with some munchies and a nice cup of tea.

8) Treat the above as just a guide. If you want to do something else, go do something else! If you want to get me something completely unexpected, then go do it- I won't mind!

9) Please, nothing political this year. It's already crazy enough.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'm signed up! I'll post my list later. Exite!

Wishlist
    Goods
    Switch/Steam games: Please note that I'm all digital on the Switch, so if you go that route, you'll need to send codes or cards for specific games. As for games, I like most first-party stuff, indie titles, and games that are short (6-8 hours) or have turn-based/bite-sized gamelplay (I need to stop playing on a dime because kids are random). My favorite stuff would stuff like Hades, Fire Emblem, Into the Breach, Slay the Spire, etc. Please no open-world games or massive JRPGs.

Kids stuff: If you want, you could totally bypass me (I'm hard to buy for) and just get something for the kids. My son is 2.5 and my daughter just turned 5. Neither are super picky when it comes to toys. The daughter LOVES Mario Odyssey, so anything Mario she'd get a kick out of.

Art books: Can be gaming, D&D, animation, whatever. I do enjoy art books. I've got all the Zelda art books already.

Gift cards: Never a bad choice!

Surprise!: How about something I wouldn't expect?

Not-So-Goods
    Boardgames - Sadly, even with a pandemic going, I can't get the wife to play anything. And the kids are still too young and would just make a mess. Unless it's a game specifically targeting kids.

Pr0n: I'd love to stay married. :)

Clothes: I'm trying to lose weight, so I don't want to get anything that won't fit down the road.

Sorry if that's not that helpful. I'm tough to buy for, so don't feel stressed if you're in a rut.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    !signup

I haven’t joined a PA Secret Santa in more than a decade so count me excited. I reserve the right to update this.

Wishlist:
    I’d absolutely love something either personal or unique to where you’re from. Anything I can display that evokes something about you, your home or culture, or your experience with this moment in time would be awesome, especially if it's something I could display. Even better if you made it yourself! I'm also a cyclist and fun or interesting cycling jerseys are always welcome. While I love board gaming, I'm trying to stick to a one in-one out rule for new games unless it's something really unique that can travel easily and I can teach quickly. I don't have the kind of squad anymore that's into learning complex games.

My BGG List: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/strangebrewfellows
    My Steam Wishlist: https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561197966461404/#sort=order
    My Amazon Wishlist: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/27PS5RFU51EYA?ref_=wl_share

Clothing-wise I'm generally a men's medium

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Right, with the big uncertainty out of the way, I've been able to focus on this and update it, huzzah!

Hope I can update it again soon. :P

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    !signup

Whoo!

Okay here's wish list stuff.
    Wish list links:
    wish list
    Steam wishlist
    Etsy wishlist

For house things: I have a small mid-century house where I have leaned hard into the mid-century look inside. I don't have much on the walls, and I could do with some cabint-organizing things like pullout shelf stuff and what not. I love plants. Love, love indoor plants. And those funky mid-century plant stands. If you're feeling wild, I have my eyes out for a used rear-tine tiller. Whoo.
    For me things: I play piano and guitar. I could use some restocking of piano music.
    I'm a big reader and a high school English teacher. I’m always looking for more books for my classroom library. Interesting local authors are always fun for me. I'm a cross-genre reader, for the most part. Definitely been delving into more sci-fi lately.
    I love music. Again pretty cross genre. I'm mostly digital on the music, but I do have my eye on a couple of retro record players, and that would be fun.
    Ummmm. I have a ps2, ps4, an xbox one, a wiiU, and a Switch. I'll throw some games on my Amazon list of things I don't have. I do play on Steam, but I have a Macbook with no Windows partition right now, so that does limit me.
    I love nerd shirts. Especially book nerd shirts. I love getting crafty, handmade things. I love Doctor Who, Harry Potter (but no official gives-money-to-terf-face-Rowling merchandise, please), and Charlotte Bronte.
    I’d love to add to the nerdy badges on my teacher bag. So there's that
    If you're really feeling the money burning a hole in your pocket, I could use some class sets of Fahrenheit 451, Things Fall Apart, The Crucible or The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet.

This whole list seems random. haha. I'm a nerdy, nerdy English teacher who plays games and listens to NPR on the way to school. Go wild with that, I guess. :-D
    No: lacy, flowery, flower-scented, nsfw, or like stuffed animal stuff.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Updating again from last year’s list:

I like exotic woods for carving/whittling.

I like games and art stuffs I can do with my nearly 7 and 2 year old daughters.

I like your crafty/creative things.

I like your local brews/coffees/teas.

My shirt size is XL and I have size 10.5 feet for fun tee shirt and comfy sock ideas.

I probably don't like nudie things.

I'm not allergic to anything.

If you are going to go the video game route, I've got a PC which I prefer for most games but I can’t really use currently for long stints while raising up these children. I have a PS4 which I hardly use for gaming at all anymore. I have a Switch that my eldest daughter and I both enjoy using quite a bit. I currently own Splattoon 2, Zelda BOTW, Octopath Traveler, and Lego Ninjago and Just Dance 2020, super smash bros, and oh my god I’ve added so many games since last year, maybe skip this platform too, though I’m definitely in the market for all the new Mario games that have dropped recently but I’ll eventually get them on my own. I still have my Xbox One X with Jedi Fallen i got last year. I have plenty of cool games on there but if something is really rad I wouldn’t mind. I do have game pass ultimate and all that so the stuff free on there I have access to already. I’m up for just about anything expect most shooter games on console because I’m terrible at them if not on PC.

My amazon list will be updated soon and I’ll post it here.

Current media obsessions: Dungeons and Dragons, Critical Role and Acquisitions Inc are my favorite to watch but I love all the stuff related to plain ol’ DnD. Star Wars is getting me back with The Mandalorian as the best thing ever. That’s about all I have time for these days. Related merch is welcome.

Edit: wish list section

Amazon

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Wishlist!

Steam ID: mrahmani
    Xbox: mrahmani (One/Series X)
    PSN: mrahmani87 (PS4)
    Switch: Have one, don't play online though. Not sure how digital purchases work there.

Amazon wishlist: Pretty much exclusively books, I should really add to this.

Things that I like:

Videogames! I like games, and I play pretty frequently on all the systems mentioned above. I like most genres except for horror... shooters, platformers, driving games, RPGs, couch co-op games, you name it. Some of my favorite games from the last few years are Celeste, Apex Legends, the Untitled Goose Game, and Horizon: Zero Dawn. I think the only game I bought myself this year was Star Wars Squadrons, so pretty much any of the big releases this year are games I don't have. Ghosts of Tsushima, the new Crash Bandicoot, COD Cold War, AC Valhalla, and Medievil are all high on my list. EDIT: Luigis Mansion and Super Mario 3D All Stars also!

Fandoms! I'm a giant nerd and I love getting nerd stuff. Here are my favorite things to nerd about, in no particular order:

Star Wars
    Star Trek
    Firefly
    Mass Effect (you might be noticing a sci-fi trend, feel free to introduce me to new cool scifi stuff)
    Harry Potter
    Lord of the Rings
    MCU (I would love to read some comics, but I don't know where to start, so my experience is purely with the movies at this point)

Books! I love to read, and my wife and I have put together a solid collection over the years. My personal favorites are sci-fi stuff, but I also enjoy fantasy and mystery books. Some authors I've liked recently: Michael Crichton, Timothy Zahn, Naomi Novak.

Legos! Small sets are fun to build with my kids, big ones are fun to build with my wife.

Cars! I work with cars, I play with cars. My favorites are 60/70s American muscle cars, but I love cars across the spectrum - exotics, JDM, euro classics, baja trucks, you name it. Any car geek stuff would be super cool. Car-related clothing and tools to fix my busted cars are also cool!

If you're looking at clothing, I take a men's large.

Things I do not like:

Please no NSFW, I will probably be opening this with kids around.
    I don't drink or smoke, so while a fine whisky or cigar would be undoubtedly cool, no thank you!

EDIT: I have a Series X now! I have no Series X games yet so I am down for literally any of them.

mRahmani on
  • Options
    Okay, signups are (mostly) closed!

I'll give it a couple of days for everyone to check they're on the list and the right list, and hopefully pairings would come Wednesday or Thursday. If a late signee were to PM me, I wouldn't say no. :)

• Options
    Wish list coming!!

• Options
    Targeting system activated.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73gYxsxRrs

Imagine this with red furs or elf costumes or novelty antlers. And git giftin!

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Ok here is a general list:

I don't really need much video game/screen electronics, that's all under wraps. Now that I moved into my new place I would like to explore some gadgetry that I have zero experience in, getting to the point of working on things like Rasberry PI interests me but I'm no where near that level of competence. If there is some entry-level gadgetry type thing similar to this that you're aware of or other things, fun! Mostly looking for something to work on with my hands.

Art/Furnishings - literally anything decorative for my new apartment. I just got a 2 br for me and the cat and he gets his own room. So along with human furniture, I'm excited to look into cat furniture (outside cat trees which I have plenty of thanks to last years SS). I'm considering getting or building him a cat wheel or some of those cat walk/steps.

Actually apartment furnishings or art pieces or just fun decorative stuff to put on tables and shit is cool too. I don't like over the top nerdy things for that, unless its clever and not star wars.

Other house-hold items. As I said I just moved into this place myself and pretty much starting from zero again with house stuff, so anything unique and useful you can think of, definitely here.

Comfy things - so much time spent at home these days. I saw a big fluffy pillow at target yesterday that I know Thanos would like but i didn't want to spend $30 on it. If you have throws or blankies or tv-lauded onezies that you really like then yes that is cool.

Food/Alcohol/Drugs/NSFW - Yes yes yes. Anything, everything. I'm going to be doing a bunch of baking, cooking, etc so anything to help contribute.

Love - I dunno how but I bet you can send that too.

Books - Not trying to go crazy here especially with hard covers but there's a lot of classics I've never read so if you have any favorites I say go ahead.

But for real whatever you send will be cool and you should have fun with it!

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Hmm, guess I should practice what I preach, huh?

The Material Interests of the Northern Irish Forum-goer

NB: As I am a filthy Socialist European, if you are interested in purchasing things of an electronic bent, please keep regional compatability in mind. My computer can play Region 1 DVDs however.

The :D
    Electronic Gaming - I roll with a PS3/4, PS Vita and a PC. Highlights of my collection are the Assassins Creed, Uncharteds, inFamouses (inFamii?), GTAs, Gods of War and Final Fantasy. If my Santa wants to send me gifts by Steam or GOG.com, let me know and I'll relay my details. Also I've been enjoying EU4 but the last two DLCs are a smidge pricey.
    Other Books - Comedy and history mostly, especially satire and/or parody. If you have any interesting books I won't say no. Don't be afraid to send something that is neither of these. I'm also trying to bolster my literature cred too!
    Comics - I'm interested in reading some of the more interesting one off stories. I'm also interested in graphic novel series. EXCEPTIONS: I'm not interested in reading Y: The Last Man or Walking Dead. I greatly enjoyed Matt Fraction's Hawkguy so other successful trades are appreciated.
    Classic Cartoons - I currently have Disney Treasures, Looney Tunes Golden Collections and the Complete Droopy and Tom & Jerry, but there are others I'd like to assemble.

The :)
    Nerdy Merch - Yeah, why not. I've been on a massive Undertale kick these four years as you might notice from the Santa in the OP, and it's still there.
    "Art Of" Books - Know those books which are full of concept sketches and art for major movies and games? I like those, especially for recent animated films.
    Webcomic Stuff - I read stuff like Nedroid, Hark! A Vagrant!, Bad Machinery and such. Books or non-clothing merchandise from such places are welcome.
    Soundtracks - Think a popular movie/game/TV show sounds awesome? You're free to send some of that my way.
    Arts & Crafts - Skilled with a brush or pencil or tablet or knitting needle and want to give something original? I'm down with that.

The :(
    Model Kits - I don't have neither the time or skill to assemble them.
    MMORPG subscriptions - I don't know how likely receiving this is, but I don't play any MMORPGs.

The :D:D
    These are the wild if-my-Santa-is-a-generous-millionaire type wishes, which I shall spoil for fear of appearing greedy.
    - An SD Card-ready Digital Camcorder, and appropriate SD Card.

The :D:D:D actual-millionaire-or-outright-has-divine-powers wishes
    -Pay off my mortgage
    -Fund the installation of Photovoltaic Solar Panels on my roof
    -Peace on Earth
    -Perpetual Energy becomes viable, widespread and cheap
    -Alzheimers and other conditions that degenerate a person's mental condition are cured
    -A cure for Diabetes
    -No other bad things

If these are hopelessly vague, I have a cheat sheet you can reference.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    :biggrin: Well I just got notice of my Santee so I owe the thread an ideas list for myself:

Food items and consumables: I love local stuff! Hot sauce, coffee or tea, beer (Don't as much go in for IPAs or the really bitter stuff), maple syrup, spirits. You probably can think of something local that would never have occurred to me. I don't like candy as much but do enjoy nuts. Also love candles, incense, and anything else in that vein.

Motorcycling, shooting, and militaria: I don't think Santa is going to send me a Bren 2 or a CB600R but I would love associated stuff. Scarves, socks (novelty or hiking!), posters, pins, collectibles, keychains, tchotchkes, hats, morale patches. I'm a fan of Honda and Triumph and Allied/Commonwealth stuff (e.g. the Royal Air Force).

Books: I don't read a whole lot of nonfiction but if you've got something that you think might be fun I could see enjoying that, I think it's more of a lack of exposure. Some of the really dense stuff has been recommended to me but I tend to bounce off of it (e.g. your Greek/Roman histories). No politics, please :biggrin: I do read a lot of sci-fi - William Gibson, Neal Stephenson, Iain Banks, Paolo Bacigulapi, Hannu Rajaniemi, Richard Morgan, and similar.

I am terrible at both picking out and selecting stuff for myself, so this is just a general guide & please surprise me if you think I might enjoy something :biggrin: Also looking forward to reading others' lists.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Here's my vague wishlist, more or less copied from last year the past two years.

Magic Stuff:
    • Custom MTG tokens! It's really nice to spice up decks with some cool artwork for tokens rather than generic ones, and it's pretty easy to find cool/creative stuff out there in this vein.
    • Individual magic cards! Easy things that would work regardless are fetch lands and Commander Staples (e.g. here or here, but if you have any other ideas for Magic cards to send that'd be cool too. I'm looking at potentially making an Archelos deck if you want to dig a little deeper.
    • Secret lairs, if you want to splurge!
    • Sleeves holy crap I could always use more dragonshield sleeves.

Interests:
    • I play a lot of videogame. PC, PS4, or Switch. I play a lot of RPGs and Metroidvanias. I'd prefer lesser known titles to mainstream ones, since I'll probably get around to most mainstream titles. Steam name Milski, avatar is Dr. McNinja. Don't focus on the wishlist; I dunno if you can stalk what games I've bought but that's a better metric.
    • Tabletop games: I own a lot of Dominion-likes (Dominion, Legendary, Puzzle Strike), but I'm interested in most games. Stuff that can be played solo would be appreciated so I don't have to convince other people to try it out (especially this year)!
    • Posters/Artwork/decorations: My house is relatively undecorated, so having some cool things in that respect would be nice.
    • Food: I'm trying to expand my cooking knowledge. Recipes would be nice, as well as homemade/local food. I like spicy, but I don't really like jalepenos, if that matters.
    • Comics: I have read a bit but haven't really gotten into them. I tend to like more of what I've seen from Marvel, though. All the quirky new comics that get discussed in [Chat]? They tend to interest me.
    • Music: Point me in the direction of good music! Basically any genre is acceptable. Buying a physical album is probably not as helpful as some links.
    • Books: Good literature is a blast! Again, not picky on the genre. Though I do feel the need to buy Lindsay Ellis's Axiom's End but haven't gotten around to it :wink:
    • Cool local stuff: Self explanatory!
    • Cat toys: My girlfriend has cats, so now I have cats. Giving them cat toys is good for my own safety, as it distracts them from playing with my squishy body.

Eh:
    • NSFW: I'm not opposed to the idea but I don't really use toys and don't want NSFW decorations.
    • Gift cards/cash: Kinda dull but if you don't want to risk gifting me something I already have a gift card+buy this wouldn't be bad.
    • Clothes: I don't really accessorize much and my wardrobe is passable. If you have a really cool T-shirt then an adult large works; I'm thin but broad shouldered, so super short sleeves tend to suck.

Uninterested:

• Prepackaged food/snacks: Aside from local/homemade food above.
    • Movies: I tend to just netflix/redbox movies I want to watch. Well, I would actually prefer to watch in theaters, but... y'know...
    • Extravagant gifts: If you're somehow one of these miracle Santas, I'd prefer you give it to another forumer or make a charitable donation in my name.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I'm going to just copy from last year's list, because reality decided it hates me the past couple of months:
    Yes:

Art: Our walls are a bit bare, so artwork is something that we would really enjoy. Since this is something that would be displayed publicly, I ask that it is something tasteful in design. If there's a local artist that you really like, that would be something we would enjoy, as well as Native artwork, given that my wife is Native. Another thing would be geeky yet well done prints - I found these prints to be interesting, in particular this one.

Games: We both have PS4s as well as a Switch, and both a desktop and laptop capable of playing most games , so Steam is also an option. We tend to lean towards getting major titles that interest us, so if you want to go this route, it would be better to go with an indie title that you think is good. On the side of board games, with us now having our house, it would be great to get ones that you think are good, especially if they can be played with two players (that said, we own things like Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, Dominion, Coup.)

Kitchen: We've been doing a lot to get our kitchen kitted out. One thing that would be great are cookbooks, as we can always use more recipes, especially if there's a particular cookbook that illustrates a cuisine that you enjoy.

Food: As in the past, if there's a local specialty that you think would be good, we'd be happy to receive it. That said, my wife can't eat mushrooms, and can't really taste orange, so those are going to be no-gos with regards to foodstuffs.

Lego: Now that I actually have room to display sets, I'm looking to collect Lego sets again. Right now, I'd like to get some medium size sets that would be good for display.

No:

Please nothing NSFW, nor alcohol - neither of us drink, so such gifts would be wasted.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Whoever got me, I’ll post a list soon. Sorry for the delay.

• Options
    Alright! sorry for the late list!

- We just moved to a new apartment! Anything that you think would make a good apartment-warming gift would be appreciated. It's a two bedroom with a nice balcony, and literally nothing on the balcony right now. Anything that could be used on the balcony and can survive a new york winter would be great!
    - I drink less than I used to, and a lot less whisky then I used it. I love weird and unusual liquors, especially things like a nice amaro, and especially if its something your area is known for. I also love weird beers, everything but extremely hoppy IPAs and very sour beers. Stuff like high ABV barrel aged imperial cocoa blah blah stout is right up my alley. Again, a local brewery from your area is great. I love just about anything from Evil Twin brewery.
    - I love taking baths and using bath things, like salts and bath bombs etc.
    - I play a lot of DnD, Dungeon Crawl Classics to be precise. I don't really need anything in particular, but wouldn't say no to a rad set of dice, for example.
    - I love board games! I need a good/relatively simple two player game to play with my husband. Otherwise I love group coop games.
    - I'm pretty good on the video games front.
    - I like audio books and paper books, especially really good sci-fi and fantasy and literary fiction. I've recently really loved the Southern Reach trilogy, broken earth trilogy, and the steel remains.
    - I'm a semi-vegetarian and learning more about cooking vegetarian. If you have a vegetarian cookbook you love, send me a copy!
    - I have a big sweet tooth and love candy and sweets and baked treats. If you have something from your area that's well known, send me some!

I think that's about it. I'm most interested in things you've experienced and know are good. If you're not into any of things above, send me something from a local small business that you like! This is a good time to support small businesses in your area.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    GIFT GET

Thank you very much @AngelHedgie , this mousepad is class af and looks amazing with my gear. This is one of the ones I was looking at some time ago.

qfsuydz9vodl.png

• Options
    Gift cannon round one FIRED