As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I know all plastic aspect warriors will come within my lifetime :rotate:

Really I am still curious about the various flavors of eldar if they get new stuff other than new models what would it be?
    Tyranids are the other

So what you're saying is that you're a Perpetual?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    WarCom has a tiny photo of the Hounds of Morkai box and, yes, it is just the squad they showed yesterday.

Disappointing, though not unexpected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y2Y9vrsr6w

Oddly they painted them today doubling down on the "psyker hunters" talk so I know I will get the codex but I am rather curious

My brother does get annoyed in official Space Wolves painting demos and such {outside of the painting guide book} they always do Ragnar's great company
    As he expected in the last codex they would have killed off the old man Logan in the fall out from the Siege of Fenris or in the War of the beast and installed Ragnar as the new Great Wolf

He was painting the old space marines as from Logan's great company with the dancing wolf but was debating about doing the same to his primaris {I really get on his case about painting his wolves again as it's something to do over this pandemic}

• LeztaLezta Registered User regular
    If they did make Ragnar Great Wolf they'd have to redo all their Space Wolves shoulderpads - as Ragnar would take up The Wolf That Stalks the Stars as his symbol just like Logan did; because that's the Great Wolf's. So that's one reason that's not happening any time soon.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, still annoyed that almost none of the Space Wolf transfers/pads actually include the frigging chapter symbol. Mostly it’s vehicle sized ones at that.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    I wasn't planning on adding any Invader ATVs to my army, but after printing a couple of these Outrider Sidecars from Dark Age Design for a friend I might have to reconsider...

MmxeRh8.jpg
    v9LPYxv.jpg
    aDJQVLy.jpg

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    mmmmm ... infringeliscious.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited October 2020
    Oh, yeah, that’s not gonna get sued…
    Seriously, the sidecar is fine, great even, but that’s clearly a suit of Mk.X Tacticus armour… they’d be fine if there was an empty seat there, that just so happened to fit one of the bike riders with some judicious chopping.

Mr_Rose on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Yeah lots of people sell marine STLs on various websites but actually forming a company to sell exact copies of Intercessors is a bit brazen. I suspect any future releases to be Intercessor-less, especially once they get a letter in the mail.

But that's not my problem! The got my $5 and now I can make as many cool sidecars as I want :D

Sharp101 on
  • ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Hmm I wonder who would be best to accompany a group of 20 reaper warriors with veil of darkness, a technomancer to bring d3 back every turn? a plasmancer for some semi-smites? a royal warden to let them fall back and shoot again after they were charged?

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Ardol wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder who would be best to accompany a group of 20 reaper warriors with veil of darkness, a technomancer to bring d3 back every turn? a plasmancer for some semi-smites? a royal warden to let them fall back and shoot again after they were charged?

Royal Warden, no question. You want the unit to drop a ton of shots, soak firepower, and hopefully live to do it again. Without the warden the "do it again" bit is very unlikely. They'll just get charged by something throwaway.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Royal Warden, no question. You want the unit to drop a ton of shots, soak firepower, and hopefully live to do it again. Without the warden the "do it again" bit is very unlikely. They'll just get charged by something throwaway.
    Or, hear me out.

Go Novokh and make those Warriors a threat in melee :).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Or, hear me out.

Go Novokh and make those Warriors a threat in melee :).

Novokh with silver tide + Anakyr is legit.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So the hounds of morkai are a new unit that is a reiver variant. Stats were posted on the most recent community article.

y9p8ztjc1otz.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/27/the-wolftime-beckons-new-space-wolves-rules/

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Depending on final cost that actually seems extremely useful

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Seems very cool... I hope they don't shoehorn SW into an anti-psyker chapter and that this is just a cool addition.

The rest of the preview has me pretty hopeful for the rest of the content.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Instead of buying multiple warlord traits across the army, you can have a warlord with two traits, but one of them has to be a Saga.
    Oh, wait, we get access to the regular marine stratagems too… so… four warlords one army, anyone?
    And is it just me or is Saga of the Wolfkin basically Ragnar’s whole legend? He better have that as his trait/saga.

I am curious how much this codex will cost since I still have to get the space marine and necron codex as well
    But it seems there was a constant rush on them so I might suffer and buy them direct from GW

As for another question has anyone got their copy of Indomitus? As it's a joke my brother and I have which comes first Shadowlands for WoW or that

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Deathwatch Preview is up

Key points:
    • Deathwatch choose what doctrine they are in at the start of each battle round. So you can start in assault and use devestator say turn 2 or 3 where you have more targets. You can use each one a set amount of times. Devestator once, tactical twice, and assault 3 times in a game.
    • Mixed units keep special abilities, they use the omni-scramblers as an example
    • The psychic power is amazing, reduce attacks in a unit by 1 and they can only charge the closest unit making it so you can funnel a combat unit into a dread or bladeguard with reduced effectiveness
    • Anti-xenos specific strats still exist

So I think I might keep mine then.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Deathwatch Preview is up

Key points:
    • Deathwatch choose what doctrine they are in at the start of each battle round. So you can start in assault and use devestator say turn 2 or 3 where you have more targets. You can use each one a set amount of times. Devestator once, tactical twice, and assault 3 times in a game.
    • Mixed units keep special abilities, they use the omni-scramblers as an example
    • The psychic power is amazing, reduce attacks in a unit by 1 and they can only charge the closest unit making it so you can funnel a combat unit into a dread or bladeguard with reduced effectiveness

Yeah, those are, y’know, actually good? What happened to traditional Dwathwatch ineptitude?

Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Deathwatch Preview is up

Key points:

Yeah, those are, y’know, actually good? What happened to traditional Dwathwatch ineptitude?

I still miss the short period of time when you could use the bolter drill tap with SIA. Hitting things twice at 36" with AP -2 was great.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    The Infinite and the Divine, despite the terrible cover, is excellent and I recommend you all grab it to read about the Excellent Adventures of Trazyn the Infinite and Orikan the Diviner.
    (Necron Propaganda)

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I was worried Deathwatch would get watered down with the addition of all the general SM codex units, but from that preview it looks like they'll still be a pretty unique army.

Excited to see what the rest of the book looks like.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    I realised earlier it’s possible to play a necron “tank spam” list

Battalion
    2 command barges with gauss
    3 units of 5 immortals
    Three annihilation barges with gauss
    2 triarch stalkers with gauss
    3 scarabs (to fill points)

Heavy detachment
    Command barge with gauss
    3 doomsday arks.

Play it with a custom dynasty with obsec and fall back and shoot.

Is it good? No, probably not. But it seems very, very cool to run on the table for fun.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I realised earlier it’s possible to play a necron “tank spam” list

Battalion
    2 command barges with gauss
    3 units of 5 immortals
    Three annihilation barges with gauss
    2 triarch stalkers with gauss
    3 scarabs (to fill points)

Heavy detachment
    Command barge with gauss
    3 doomsday arks.

Play it with a custom dynasty with obsec and fall back and shoot.

Is it good? No, probably not. But it seems very, very cool to run on the table for fun.

I feel weird that the only thing I'm missing to run that list is two barges. Not even sure how I ended up with the 4 I have.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    I just have two command/annihilation barges one of each as one was semi built when I got it
    I only have 2 doomsday arks as I bought two semi built ones. I do need to check if it's all there. One triarch stalker but the rest I am covered on. I really threw the brakes on various armies I have as I want to get the codex to see what do I want to do with them now?

As for deathwatch I just have 10 to 15 no primaris so part of me might get the patrol box since all I will do with them is play smaller games [which is the problem i have with other armies [ad mech,custodes our home brews and so on}

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Deathwatch Preview is up

Key points:

The blackweave shroud description reads suspiciously like its an alien, a Symbiote, if you will.

They previewed the crusade rules for the Space wolves
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/29/the-space-wolves-on-crusade/
    wy3jflj6xo25.png
    Now as a joke my brother wants one of the spare incubi helms for a trophy for his banner {mine features orc skulls from when I last played my black templars and did a season [9 games in that paid in tourney} I won all 9 against a mostly orc players. You could get far more boys for a 500 point game back then and a lot more things than space marines got

But in the preview for the Deathwatch I do want to get more to my home brew to play them as a patrol or better but I think playing a all phobos for deathwatch would be fun as well ahhhh they are the same army with different rules why do I do this to myself

and I lied I have 5 of the original deathwatch {the metal pads with rifles on the generic space marine} 5 that came in a kill team box and the 10 in overkill
    So it is still tempting to get the patrol box {I think this is what they are turning start collecting into} for deathwatch since for me like my homebrew will be a step upped patrol

So someone is leaking the Deathwatch Codex.

https://imgur.com/a/rgFKOCS

Some big takes I am getting:
    1. Kill teams can get specializations. Only one specialization per army. They either make them versatile (aquilla) or really good at killing one thing. They will always give your kill team a buff be it reroll 1s to wound or all wounds. It means your eradicators filled heavy aggressor kill team can murder all the tanks while your more horde focused vet kill team is really good verse infantry.
    2. SIA is similar to the index. Some nerfs, some buffs. Still not sure that Primaris can use it anymore. I hope they can.
    3. Holy shitballs the psychic powers are insane. You can buff a unit to make it overwatch of on 5+, attack first, and have +1 to hit in melee. You can direct people with the combat one we saw earlier. You can give a 5+++ to a unit. You can shut down an aura. And you can make a unit untargetable outside of 12" as long as they don't shoot or declare a charge so for like performing actions.

Its all really cool. I look forward to playing my army now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Can't wait to see the strats and relics, but those are real juicy rules.
    The specialized teams look to be restricted to one of each type, not one type per army though (judging by the killteam cassius rules and little bit on the cutoff page).
    Decking out plasma tankkillers or troop muchers or eliminator character assassins seems pretty awesome, and there's some extreamly powerful and fluffy warlord traits and psy powers in there. Also the secondaries are pretty darn good too (and interactive! I like secondaries that make your opponent have to make some decisions)

website_header.jpg
    McGibs wrote: »
    Can't wait to see the strats and relics, but those are real juicy rules.
    The specialized teams look to be restricted to one of each type, not one type per army though (judging by the killteam cassius rules and little bit on the cutoff page).
    Decking out plasma tankkillers or troop muchers or eliminator character assassins seems pretty awesome, and there's some extreamly powerful and fluffy warlord traits and psy powers in there. Also the secondaries are pretty darn good too (and interactive! I like secondaries that make your opponent have to make some decisions)

The teams are exactly like the index. You have to bring 5 base models (vets, intercessors, heavy intercessors, infiltrators) and then you can mix and match the last 5.

I plan to have some outriders I can combat squad out for obsec outriders. Eradicators with assault weapon heavy intercessors. Some infiltrators with eliminators with obsec to take board control.

Lots of crazy things.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    What kind of place are The Fallen in? Last I heard theyre a fairly rigid detachment you can take with a chaos army? I dont suppose we know where theyre at for 9th.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    What kind of place are The Fallen in? Last I heard theyre a fairly rigid detachment you can take with a chaos army? I dont suppose we know where theyre at for 9th.

Bad. Fun for some fluff. I mean if folks are cool with it they did get a vigilus detachment those books are just kind of dead for "competitive play" but not narrative.

Cypher has an amazing model though and I am still sad they don't do more with them.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Not very concerned about viability so long as we're not talking truly unplayable, just kind of curious what you build up around them to fill out.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Not very concerned about viability so long as we're not talking truly unplayable, just kind of curious what you build up around them to fill out.

Its really just tac squads, rhinos, and cypher. I think that is about it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Are they Tac squads at least? I thought Cypher's Fallen were copy and paste Chosen, and correspondingly Elite slots?

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    What kind of place are The Fallen in? Last I heard theyre a fairly rigid detachment you can take with a chaos army?

Insert joke about Dark Angels here.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Huff, huff, huff- Who said we’re traitors?! We’re no traitors! We’re, we’re Loyal! The MOST Loyal! We’re so Loyal that, uh, we we are- YOU’RE THE TRAITOR!

*runs away in superhuman tears*

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    qlg6f63hrcnp.jpeg

Working on a test model for my Tyranids army. Are tournaments going to tell me this has to be run as Hive Fleet Behemoth?

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Are tournaments going to tell me this has to be run as Hive Fleet Behemoth?

No

Nobody gives a shit about paint schemes outside of Marines