As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Against Everyone’s Better Judgement The [Movie] Thread is Open

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Like, I don't think Gomez would be mad about you talking so much about how hot his wife is, but also I would probably get pretty good at swordplay just in case.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I feel more comfortable gently telling zGomez how hot his wife is, knowing the solemn nod I would get on return over basically any other social interaction.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    i think gomez is the kind of guy who would feel like morticia can hold her own, and she can decide herself whether she wants to reject another suiter. And he would be comfortable in the knowledge that their love trumps some simpering young romantics or cheesy casanova. They both would likely enjoy vanquishing any competition by out romancing them

He would however throw down if you besmirch her honour by like insulting her or something like that

Prohass on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    i think gomez is the kind of guy who would feel like morticia can hold her own, and she can decide herself whether she wants to reject another suiter. And he would be comfortable in the knowledge that their love trumps some simpering young romantics or cheesy casanova. They both would likely enjoy vanquishing any competition by out romancing them

He would however throw down if you besmirch her honour by like insulting her or something like that

You wouldn't even finish the insult before your sudden demise

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the thing about gomez is that he is a poor judge of character

if you said his wife is hot he'd laugh whether it was meant as a compliment or an implied threat

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    morticia herself would know what you meant and act accordingly

(both of them know and understand that morticia is a mega babe and do not consider this statement to be an inherent challenge)

Shorty on
    anyway the subject of a potential new live action version came up and a friend of mine suggested John C. Reilly as Fester and yeah, yes, I would like that

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I refuse to watch the Aladdin remake but I’m struck by how much (in still photographs) Will Smith’s genie resembles John C. Reilly

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    No joke. Morticia is just sitting next to Gomez, but the lighting is night and day.
    It was in Anjelica Huston's contract to have a key light to light her face. The director in AF just cranked it to eleven.

sig.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    In remembrance I will be watching the movie he will be best remembered for

Zardoz

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    He was good in some movies, great in a few, and less good in some others.

Shame about the misogyny.

This has been a Sean Connery eulogy.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    anyway the subject of a potential new live action version came up and a friend of mine suggested John C. Reilly as Fester and yeah, yes, I would like that

I think there's been talk about a new TV show reboot from Tim Burton (obv)

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    In remembrance I will be watching the movie he will be best remembered for

Zardoz

The gun is good, the penis is evil!

Myself, I think I'll be punching up Great Train Robbery and Outland today.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Dang I just started rewatching my Bond collection in order last night, Dr No yesterday and From Russia With Love today.

'The man who would be king' is also a very solid choice, if anyone wants to watch something of his.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I kind of assumed he died like 5 years ago. I think they’re just now making it public.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    He was good in some movies, great in a few, and less good in some others.

Shame about the misogyny.

This has been a Sean Connery eulogy.

Man, it wasn't just misogyny, he repeatedly and openly said it was perfectly acceptable to beat women.

I am in the business of saving lives.
    Yeah, that's why I said that. I'd consider hatred towards women and an acceptance of violence towards women to be pretty classic features of misogyny, but I gotta admit that I have zero interest in debating the finer points of the word.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    so House is a pretty wild movie, huh

6F32U1X.png
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

The great thing is you could be talking about either and the answer is still "Yes."

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    LXG was a movie I saw in theaters

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Coinage wrote: »

I saw Entrapment in theaters

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Friends

Wishmaster is a very good movie. Wishmaster 2 is not.

Andrew Divoff is still a treasure, though.

I think my Connery viewing will be the unofficial follow-up to Zardoz, Highlander 2.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I think I'd offer my heartfelt congratulations to Gomez and then he and I would share a suspiciously foggy drink and then maybe do a swordfight

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

I saw Entrapment in theaters

I saw both in theaters

I don’t remember anything from LXG but I remember huge portions of Entrapment vividly

I may have seen Entrapment in theatres twice

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    i have a feeling that my zoom movie club is going to insist on watching "The Rock" next week

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My other Connery thought went immediately to First Knight, a movie I watched a bunch of times as a kid for some reason?

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i saw lxg multiple times at my college movie theater. i love that movie.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Maddoc wrote: »
    My other Connery thought went immediately to First Knight, a movie I watched a bunch of times as a kid for some reason?

I only saw it once, but remember it as a fun movie for what it was doing. Plus Richard Gere does an American Ninja Warrior run.

I've been meaning to watch The Last Crusade again anyway so that's probably gonna be my Sean Connery memorial flick

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    will probably do a last crusade/the rock double feature tomorrow

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I've wanted to watch the rock again for months now!

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2020
    Legit good movies with Sean Connery off the top of my head -

Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger
    The Man Who Would Be King
    Murder on the Orient Express (1974)
    The Great Train Robbery
    The Name of the Rose
    Highlander
    The Untouchables
    Last Crusade
    The Hunt for Red October
    Playing by Heart

The 74 Murder on the Orient Express is so fucking good, with a dynamite cast. And Red October is one of my all-time favorites, it's like cinematic comfort food to me, warm and humanistic, totally unlike what you'd expect of a movie from a Tom Clancy novel. And Conbery just talks Scots the whole way through and you don't give a fuck.

Edit: nobody has seen Playing by Heart but it's a really sweet ensemble romance that I recommend if you want some warm feelings

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    I'll just spend all day refreshing YTMND.com in his honor.

I had a dream last night that I had ended up back in the 50s and I became a successful screenwriter/director by copying movies that came out in the modern day

I got to Evil Dead 2 and they were like "under no circumstances can we release this." and I was like "but your kids are gonna love it."

50s Bad Boys and Bad Boys II killed tho.

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Legit good movies with Sean Connery off the top of my head -

Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger
    The Man Who Would Be King
    Murder on the Orient Express (1974)
    The Great Train Robbery
    The Name of the Rose
    Highlander
    The Untouchables
    Last Crusade
    The Hunt for Red October
    Playing by Heart

The 74 Murder on the Orient Express is so fucking good, with a dynamite cast. And Red October is one of my all-time favorites, it's like cinematic comfort food to me, warm and humanistic, totally unlike what you'd expect of a movie from a Tom Clancy novel. And Conbery just talks Scots the whole way through and you don't give a fuck.

Edit: nobody has seen Playing by Heart but it's a really sweet ensemble romance that I recommend if you want some warm feelings

Robin and Marianne is real good too.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

The great thing is you could be talking about either and the answer is still "Yes."

I'd watch a House movie, but only if they spent the entire 180-minute runtime trying progressively more wacky and dangerous treatments against Cuddy's increasingly frantic orders , culminating with House evading a full SWAT team in the ducts of the hospital so he could shoot a blowdart full of concentrated ayahuasca into his patient's neck as a last-ditch cure.

It would end with him being dragged off in handcuffs and everybody saying "Good job, Foreman, now that we've got that maniac out of here let's get down to treating this lady's first year med-school textbook case of lupus."

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.