As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Against Everyone’s Better Judgement The [Movie] Thread is Open

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh, speaking of classic horror remakes

how delightful is the 2013 Evil Dead?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Who argues with AJ when it comes to Jason movies?

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Even experts make mistakes.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Even experts make mistakes.

Tell that to Neil Degrasse Tyson!!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am right all the time

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    my friends and I watch a lot of horror movies, it's our thing when we hang

we have a sort of vague checklist for monster/haunting movies where, if certain conditions are fulfilled (a sense of comedic timing, a proclivity for certain kinds of scares), we decide that the evil is a Deadite or possibly several

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The crypt keeper, deadite?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    oh my god yeah

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Does seem like it

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    The Wishmaster isn't a Deadite, but he can summon them

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

It's excellent, and Jane Levy is great.

The only big thing I'd change is the beginning - just cut that whole scene.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Grislo wrote: »

It's excellent, and Jane Levy is great.

The only big thing I'd change is the beginning - just cut that whole scene.

the part before the EVIL DEAD splash? no way!

I'd get rid of the detox subplot, if I got to pick. mostly because it's painfully obvious that they weren't quite sure how heroin worked besides "it's a drug and like, a powder, right?"

the wishmaster is an evil genie that is his entire deal

deadites can't.grant wishes

6vjsgrerts6r.png

the wishmaster is an evil genie that is his entire deal

deadites can't.grant wishes

that's why he's not a deadite!

but like, the crazy monsters and random gore and that part at the beginning when a man's skeleton tears itself out of him and then attacks another person?

that's deadites, baby

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    The only thing I'd change about Evil Dead 13' is the straight razoraaaaaaaagh i can't even think about it

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    the wife and I watched addams family values last night

I'd never seen it before

my favorite thing about it was the lighting on Morticia's face in every scene

that sounds like a backhanded compliment but it's not, it ruled overall, I just really loved the commitment to the bit

Shorty on
    Addams Family Values is incredibly horny.

And I love it

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think that there was only a brief window in which you could credibly cast joan cusack as a black widow type and they're lucky they got to do it because she's great

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    before I watched Addams Family Values, the only movies I'd seen Raul Julia in were "Romero" and "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank"

now that I've seen AFV I'm mad because I finally get why everyone is really sad about him dying

you should also watch Street Fighter

Shorty wrote: »
    you should also watch Street Fighter

I’ll watch it on Tuesday

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The loving grip

of the PAX
    ...BISONICA.

wVEsyIc.png
    I’m FINALLY watching Invisible Man

I hate that this sexy black man is probably going to die.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I could never decide if the lighting on Morticia's face was key light or makeup but it's probably both. She is lit almost the same way regardless of what scene she's in and it rules.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Well you see she's a Dracula, it just happens that way

Cristoval wrote: »
    I could never decide if the lighting on Morticia's face was key light or makeup but it's probably both. She is lit almost the same way regardless of what scene she's in and it rules.

it's more lighting than makeup (there's a couple scenes where she's walking to her mark and the light moves across her face) but both are doing work

Anjelica Huston is a god damned force

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Well you see she's a Dracula, it just happens that way

I thought the Munsters were the ones who were all takes on famous monsters, and the Addams family were just extreme weirdos.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So how does Jason being a deadite fit into all of this?

jason is a frankenstein

6vjsgrerts6r.png

neither Jason nor Freddy are Deadites

but Deadites are big fans of both of them.

Is the Freddy Vs Jason vs Ash comic worth tracking down?

I would say yes, but I'm biased

I also own the Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness issues.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The director of maybe the worst Friday the 13th movie claimed off handedly that he is a deadite, so it is canon now

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I hope to enjoy anything in life as much as the character of Cort enjoys driving an RV in Friday the 13th 6: Jason Lives.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The director of maybe the worst Friday the 13th movie claimed off handedly that he is a deadite, so it is canon now

sean cunningham said that???

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    jason is a frankenstein

Couldn't some of his Frankenstein-ness have led to parts of him being replaced with Deadite material at some point? Jason X shows the method is sound, it's just a question of when/why

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    I said maybe!

I gave myself some wiggle room!

Ringo wrote: »
    jason is a frankenstein

Couldn't some of his Frankenstein-ness have led to parts of him being replaced with Deadite material at some point? Jason X shows the method is sound, it's just a question of when/why

jason x is a story about a frankenstein embracing his robot heritage

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
This discussion has been closed.