As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    The Ogroid and Sphinx (also Terrorgheist, Arachnarok, etc.) rules are in Monsters & Mercenaries, yeah.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    For destruction races, where do babies come from?

If I understand correctly, ogres reproduce the normal way, orks reproduce via spores (same as in 40k). What about goblins and giants?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Golbins are spores that don't get enough sunlight, hence caves. Giants are ogre triplets that eat all their sibling in utero. The mother does not survive.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Aren’t nu-gargants basically namekian? At least one of them vomited up his sons when he died…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Golbins are spores that don't get enough sunlight, hence caves. Giants are ogre triplets that eat all their sibling in utero. The mother does not survive.

… for reals?

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

… for reals?

I haven't the slightest.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'm not sure about AoS, but in WHFB it went that Greenskin spores just put out a random assortment of Orcs, Goblins, Snotlings, and Squigs. And there were all kinds of Goblins: Night Goblins ("Cave Goblins" is the "offensive" term others call them), Hill Goblins, Forest Goblins, and the common Goblins of the Wolf Lands.

I'm not sure where Hobgoblins fit into this, and why they were only in the east (where they dominated). Nor Gnoblars, who exist among Ogres (and very much do not dominate).

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Aren’t nu-gargants basically namekian? At least one of them vomited up his sons when he died…

Pretty sure they reproduce the old fashioned way. They have men and women in their ranks. With Matriarchs being Lore Keepers for a particular tribe of Gargants.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Pretty sure they reproduce the old fashioned way. They have men and women in their ranks. With Matriarchs being Lore Keepers for a particular tribe of Gargants.

That seems like a strong indication of normal reproduction.

The "vomited up offspring" thing is the (possibly mythological) origin of the entire species, not necessarily how modern members of the species reproduce.

(1d4chan had a mention that occationally new gargants crawl out of the mouth of Behemat still, but the presence of Matriarchs implies regular reproduction is also an option, or even the most commen way of getting new gargants.)

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Looks like they're doing something similar to Psychic awakening with Age of Sigmar:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/28/enter-the-broken-realms/

This is an exciting moment for Warhammer Age of Sigmar, with lore that pushes the storyline forward, updated rules, and plenty of new models on the horizon. Every major faction will be getting some attention. Today, we’re going to break down some of the awesome stuff you can look forward to with the first instalment – Broken Realms: Morathi.

The time has come for one of the most powerful leaders of Order to make her move, setting in motion a series of events that will ripple throughout the realms. Morathi is making her long-planned play in the first Broken Realms book, appropriately named ‘Morathi’. This essential tome is packed with lore, including some seismic changes that will alter the state of the Mortal Realms forever. Alongside this are narrative battleplans and a host of rules for the Daughters of Khaine – including new warscrolls for Morathi herself – and their victims… sorry, opponents

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    If you click through to the Broken Realms website there's some extra info on which factions are getting updates/narrative rules as part of the Morathi book too.

Mostly looks like Wrath of the Everchosen style battalions/battleplans and such, but they do mention at least one new sub-faction for DoK, new warscrolls for Morathi, two new cities for, well, Cities of Sigmar, and interestingly warscrolls for some of the less used Idoneth units (Allopex, Leviadon, Eidolons.)

The teaser video definitely seems to be placing Morathi in a pretty villainous role, where I prefer her to be more of a shady ally, but we'll see how things shake out.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know there is at least one new unit {and the shadow stalkers} for the DoK in that book so I am curious what else?
    Are there new models for the Idoneth? Are they going to hype up the mortal followers of Slaanesh? As I knew this would be like the PA books for 40k so I thought they were going to do this one for Morathi and the DoK with another army/armies and then the next is for the idonteh and the realm lords, and so on?
    As I thought this is where they sneak in Maleron and whatever his army is {I still think they are going to preview it in warcry}

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    My guess is that if new models were going to show up as a part of this they would have started teasing them already, in this case the release just happens to conveniently line up with the Shadowstalkers for Warcry.
    It is interesting that Hedonites of Slaanesh are not spotlighted in the book according to what we know so far, the Lord of Pain is explicitly a Hedonites unit, so there's a chance even the Shadow and Pain box is not meant to be a proper tie-in with this book either, so we don't strictly know if the Melusai Ironscale hero will feature in it!

• Options
    My guess is that if new models were going to show up as a part of this they would have started teasing them already, in this case the release just happens to conveniently line up with the Shadowstalkers for Warcry.
    It is interesting that Hedonites of Slaanesh are not spotlighted in the book according to what we know so far, the Lord of Pain is explicitly a Hedonites unit, so there's a chance even the Shadow and Pain box is not meant to be a proper tie-in with this book either, so we don't strictly know if the Melusai Ironscale hero will feature in it!

Shadow and Pain is at list listed on the new website.

Sadly, my crystal ball is in the shop so I don't know how to read that.

• Options
    Ah yes, you're quite right. In that case my guess is for Broken Realms Book 2: Slaanesh.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mega-Gargant is so big, oh my god. 130mm base, and I think... 180mm tall at the head?

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Ran into an interesting question on Reddit about Warcry regarding platforms.

What are people’s thoughts here? Should units be able to stand on the stonework edge of the top of a wall, or should they be forced to do a movement up half the wall, attack, then risk falling damage each activation?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WarCry/comments/jk901v/rules_question_untouchable_model_on_terrain/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    My understanding is that a model can stand on a platform so long as the center of its base is over that platform at the end of its movement, I don't believe there's a minimum size stated to qualify as a platform, so you should be able to just balance models on top of walls and stuff? That's how I've always played it at least.

• Options
    Ah yes, you're quite right. In that case my guess is for Broken Realms Book 2: Slaanesh.

There are various things they have shown in the preview image [I have NO idea what some of them are} but there are some that could be part of Slaanesh so I think they are going to do a mortal follower army since part of it comes in the Shadow and Sin box
    still I am curious about it's price now

• Options

What are people’s thoughts here? Should units be able to stand on the stonework edge of the top of a wall, or should they be forced to do a movement up half the wall, attack, then risk falling damage each activation?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WarCry/comments/jk901v/rules_question_untouchable_model_on_terrain/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

You can absolutely stand right next to that guy and attack him.

There's a section in the core book detailing this, using the kitty from Untamed Beasts as an example. You can hang your base over narrow ledges as long as the center is on top.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »

You can absolutely stand right next to that guy and attack him.

There's a section in the core book detailing this, using the kitty from Untamed Beasts as an example. You can hang your base over narrow ledges as long as the center is on top.

Technically it falls on the difference between declaring terrain an obstruction or a platform.

The rulebook specified that a platform must be at least 1” by 1”. Then it says if your larger model is hanging over the edge of the platform that is okay as long as your center is on the platform.

Arches and Doorways can be declared as either an obstruction or a platform, though the only example of a doorway being a platform that they give is a trapdoor.

So it really comes down to house rules or the tourney organizer.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2020
    Was looking at the Broken Realms website and noticed that Bonereapers aren’t mentioned under the Death faction

Omission, or a hint that they are being folded into one of the others?

Vanguard on
  • Options
    It's just linking to the old faction page from ~the start of AoS 2, note there's no Cities of Sigmar or Lumineth there either, just an out of date page.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    It would be neat if Shyish being sundered broke Nagash’s hold over the more free-willed undead but it doesn’t make sense for the bone reapers because Katakros is the only one with true will and he serves voluntarily anyway.
    So I’m thinking oversight.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Definitely part of what turns me off buying into any of the Death factions so far is how beholden everything is to Nagash's will, but hey, maybe that's something a future Broken Realms book could shake up, who knows?

• Options
    Definitely part of what turns me off buying into any of the Death factions so far is how beholden everything is to Nagash's will, but hey, maybe that's something a future Broken Realms book could shake up, who knows?

My brother was interested in the bonereapers when they first previewed them
    When they said they were Nagash's thing he lost interest. I am interested in them but if they were only a xmas deal

• Options
    edited November 2020

Yeah your only real choice is the FEC is you want a non-Nagash (Nongash?) Death army.

edit- I don't know if they ever will do this, but they could easily add some future fluff to break up Death a bit. Something like how while the Necroquake certainly greatly increased Nagash's army, and for a time it was good, the huge influx effectively overloaded the system (for lack of a better phrase) and now his control over his Mortarchs has been broken. The Mortarchs could continue to serve of their own free will, rebel or bide their time and plot.

Axen on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    WHFB Nagash was a much better character.

He was positioned perfectly to make death magic users into paranoid, deluded, power-mad monsters. Obsessed with maintaining control over everything by escaping the normal cycle of life and death, with the irony being that they're actually just selling their soul when/if he wakes up.

AoS Nagash is just skeleton grandpa yelling at his grandkids to get him more bones and souls.

pardzh on

• Options
    Grandkid: "Hey Grandpa Nagash, nice to hear from you again."

Grandpa Nagash: "Did you get the gift I sent you?"

Grandkid: "Uh, yeah, the uh- The screaming skull that tells me the manner of my death in graphic detail? Yeah Grandpa I got it."

Grandpa Nagash: "I got it off the QVC!"

Grandkid: "Granpda, no, I told you not to watch that you'll just waste your money."

Grandpa Nagash: "You know what time the Matlock is on?"

Grandkid: "I, I don't know what a Matlock is Grandpa."

Grandpa Nagash: "I remember a time when there weren't so many Sigmarites around."

Grandkid: "sigh, Yeah. . . yeah they are around. Well I gotta go Grandpa, lot going on. I'll see you at your Birthday. Love ya Grandpa, byeee!"

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    If only there was an undead faction that actively worked against Nagash. Some kind of kings of the tombs, something like that.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »
    If only there was an undead faction that actively worked against Nagash. Some kind of kings of the tombs, something like that.

Bonus points if they weren't just rotting corpses, but had like. . . I dunno maybe strips of cloth or something? Ornate hats a must though.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

Bonus points if they weren't just rotting corpses, but had like. . . I dunno maybe strips of cloth or something? Ornate hats a must though.

If there's one thing GW has more a fetish for than skulls, it's ornate hats.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Bring back Chaos Dwarfs you cowards

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Ah, the most ornate of hats.

A towering hat that intimidates all other hats.

The Ur-hat.

• Options
    One day they will create a hat so powerful they will destroy themselves.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Hats for the Hat God etc

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    1jcxw8th068k.png

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    One day they will create a hat so powerful they will destroy themselves.

I mean...

• Options
    Sigh next week is the preorder for Broken Realms and the Shadow and Sin box
    I guess it is the holiday season

• Options
    I thought these were books
    lvb4xr819ag7.png

But I am now very curious what the DoK one is

This discussion has been closed.