As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wilford Brimley has passed at age 85

BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
The first thing I remember seeing him in was a show Our House. I dont remember much about it as I was very young but before each commercial the scene would freeze, turn black and white and form a picture collage.

MwSZGRt.jpgLVX28G9.jpg

I also remember he was in the Quaker Oats commercials, to the point that I think of him whenever I would make Oatmeal for myself as a kid.

NwDJoFd.jpg

Last year we watched The Thing and despite seeing it before I was surprised to find out Wilford Brimley was even in it, because I always expect to see him with that mustache.

5ZWUrkt.jpg

These days everyone would most know him for his Liberty Medical Commercials and the funny way he pronounced the word "diabetes", which has spawned countless memes.

KMsVGjJ.jpg

85 years is a good, long life to live. Even though his body has failed, his memory will live with us forever. God Bless Wilford Brimley.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Rest in peace, Wilford Brimley, it seems nigh-impossible to find pictures of him as a young man, he already looked old in the 70s

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Screenshot-2020-08-01-at-8.54.33-PM.png

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    To quote the man himself
    I'll kill you!
    *BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM click click*
    *pistol throw*
    *fire axe attack*

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

That made me laugh so loud it scared our dogs and pig

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I love the way he delivers his meltdown lines in The Thing. "It doesn't wanna be a dog. It wants to be uuuuusss. AaaaI'LL KEEL YYYYOU"

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    YGzxEIo.png

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I love the way he delivers his meltdown lines in The Thing. "It doesn't wanna be a dog. It wants to be uuuuusss. AaaaI'LL KEEL YYYYOU"

It’s easily my all time favorite film breakdown

“Don’t you underSTAAAND. That thing wanted to be UUUUSSSSS”

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    RIP

As a fellow diabetic, I salute you sir

vEaRQgH.png