As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Belated [chat] macabre

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
A couple days too late on this, but I usually like to link the classic PBS cartoon of Danse Macabre that many millions of us watched in grade school music class in the 80s. It's good shit and always set the tone perfectly for a spooky Halloween, or just autumn in general, if you were a kid with morbid tendencies.

Idk you can pretend it's about covid and the election or something

https://youtu.be/9CHqhsMP80E

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so i see the mods didn't discuss the new [chat] plan behind closed doors

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    DM had rocks fall everyone dies.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d20 for top 10 anime betrayals

top 10 anime betrayals:
    1d20 16 [1d20=16]

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    64e9dae5a791f2d5d224638bc7ab42c2.jpg

Ricky Steamboat
    American professional wrestler

Richard Henry Blood Sr., better known by his ring name Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, is an American retired professional wrestler best known for his work with the American Wrestling Association, Jim Crockett Promotions, World Championship Wrestling and the World Wrestling Federation. Wikipedia
    Born: February 28, 1953 (age 67 years), West Point, NY
    Nationality: American
    Height: 5′ 10″
    Full name: Richard Henry Blood
    Spouse: Claudia Sobieski (m. 2004), MORE
    Children: Richie Steamboat

vote_sticker-re7e75f120a044ceaa0d6f0ce3a4e3135_0ugmp_8byvr_704.jpg

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    geth roll 1d20 for top 10 anime betrayals

Pretty bad, didn't even actually make it into the top 10.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Let that be a lesson to you, plebs.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    A couple days too late on this, but I usually like to link the classic PBS cartoon of Danse Macabre that many millions of us watched in grade school music class in the 80s. It's good shit and always set the tone perfectly for a spooky Halloween, or just autumn in general, if you were a kid with morbid tendencies.

Traditionally, a violin is tuned to an A4 and an Eb5 (a tritone) instead of an A4 and E5 (perfect 5th) on the top two strings to play the opening notes of this. There's a different harsh tone that you get from a violin when playing open strings (as opposed to playing the notes by holding down the strings with your fingers), and whoever plays the solo part has the unenviable task of playing the whole thing on an out of tune violin. Although most people I knew (myself included) basically just played the whole thing on the D and A strings to avoid this.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Damnit, Geth

Geth roll 1d1 for is arch a pleb

is arch a pleb:
    1d1 1 [1d1=1]

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Let that be a lesson to you, plebs.

idgi

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Traditionally, a violin is tuned to an A4 and an Eb5 (a tritone) instead of an A4 and E5 (perfect 5th) on the top two strings to play the opening notes of this. There's a different harsh tone that you get from a violin when playing open strings (as opposed to playing the notes by holding down the strings with your fingers), and whoever plays the solo part has the unenviable task of playing the whole thing on an out of tune violin. Although most people I knew (myself included) basically just played the whole thing on the D and A strings to avoid this.

this is totally dumb but it never occurred to me stringed instruments other than guitars might use alternate tunings

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    oh hey...

DnD no longer has racial stereotypes (fantasy ones) be a mechanical imperative!

That's a good step forward... good going wizards.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Atomika's chat OP about killed me

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Wowowowowow

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Atomika and Dewback rolled 19s to make the next chat, so I think the GM is fudging rolls.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    The best things in life are rarely planned.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Yikes, mods completely nuked Amy's thread.

• Options
    I will repost it everyday until I am rightfully reinstated

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20 for [chat]

[chat]:
    1d20 5 [1d20=5]

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    fuck

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20 for [chat] revolution!

[chat] revolution!:
    1d20 15 [1d20=15]

• Options
    *I put on my helmet and jack boots*

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    LET’S BATHE THIS MOTHER IN DICKBLOOD!

• Options

[chat]:
    1d20 5 [1d20=5]

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    *I put on my helmet and jack boots*

I thought dart night at the Knights of Columbus was Tuesday?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options

brother

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

Can you tell if the one in the video is tuned the expected way? I was a woodwind player so this shit is all voodoo to me.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20

1d20 14 [1d20=14]

• Options
    Geth roll 20 for Neco is best

Neco is best:
    20 20

• Options
    That was the only thread I started this year

Snuffed out, like a bug you didn't even see when you stepped on it

All those moments lost, like tears in the rain

• Options
    AMAZING!!!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Can you tell if the one in the video is tuned the expected way? I was a woodwind player so this shit is all voodoo to me.
    Oh, absolutely. It's definitely alternately tuned to the tritone.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Geth roll 20 for Neco is garbage

Neco is garbage:
    20 20

• Options
    geth roll 1d482 for how much.

how much:
    1d482 206 [1d482=206]

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

It’s like rain on your wedding day

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

this is totally dumb but it never occurred to me stringed instruments other than guitars might use alternate tunings

to clarify i mean my not realizing it is dumb heh

• Options

At least they transplanted THEDICKBLOOD post here.

Or was that you?

• Options

At least they transplanted THEDICKBLOOD post here.

Or was that you?

No that was them! Our gracious lords.

• Options
    Geth roll 1d20 for 1d20

1d20:
    1d20 16 [1d20=16]

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Ziggy with Thunderlords was hilarious

Each mine in the minefield counted as a spell hit

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.