As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    So I've hit the point in 5.3 where I need to improve my ilvl to continue! I can stop playing the game like a JRPG and start playing it like an MMO where I just do my dailies and one or two additional bits

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    So I've hit the point in 5.3 where I need to improve my ilvl to continue! I can stop playing the game like a JRPG and start playing it like an MMO where I just do my dailies and one or two additional bits

Have you done the eden raid series yet? They drop tokens that you can trade in for gear (i450 for the first tier, i480 for the second) and don't have a weekly lockout anymore.

There is also the two Nier 24 man raids if you haven't touched those yet; the first one drops i460 stuff with no weekly lockout, the second gives i490 but you can only win one piece per week.

Easiest way to catch up in ilvl is to use those pieces to supplement whatever tomestone stuff you buy, or just spend gil getting HQ i480 crafted stuff from the market board (you can then trade in the i480 crafted pieces for i490 pieces via an NPC in Eulmore)

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Miqo'te
    Plus the nier stuff looks really good.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    didn't see this mentioned, free login campaign going on right now if your sub lapsed: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/1fcca790ff2fc3ed41c05bae3b4b6f6e683e5516

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    High School uniforms coming to Korea. I'm sure we'll see it soon enough.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    based on the hilarious fake manga they made a few pages of, about a highschool romantic comedy alternate universe starring the Leveilleur twins going to Ishgard High

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    hildibrand does not deserve a horny catgirl admirer

this is bullshit

I promise you he deserves this specific horny catgirl admirer

gLLq1W6.png

I don't know how they manage to fit that much tongue in a single cheek sometimes.

Koji is very good at his job.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    tataru is my precious friend and must be protected at all costs

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te

good, good

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra

That and she keeps bringing me these slick clothes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    oh, so that's how ARR ends

capitalists doing capitalism

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    It's the best villain for an ongoing MMO with no end in site.

You can never truly defeat capitalism forever. It'll always come crawling back like a bootstrap cockroach.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    How all the races look like in the school uniformbe0je2pb8w61.png

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Talking to my wife, she reminded me that this isn't the first school uniform we got in the cash shop - and the controversy over that one (it was a Taisho era uniform, which was a symbol of oppression for the Korean community) might be part of why they're getting first crack at this one.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Viera
    they just get stuff before the western client sometimes, it's pretty common that the mogstation releases are desynchronized that way

BahamutZERO.gif
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I think the Korea version of the game does its monetization differently? Which is why mogstation stuff heads there first.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah there are a number of Korean cash shop outfits that have never come overseas.

liEt3nH.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    i hung out at an artsy party and went afk and ended up being the subject of photos

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Possible mid-Stormblood spoiler if you're not there yet

SabreMau on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    A pretty good hotfix for Bozja dwellers today.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/53426c413471cfc759b57b40d7ef00459f24880d
    ◆FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Nov. 10, 2020)◆

■ Additional rewards have been added to skirmishes and critical engagements after completing “The Battle of Castrum Lacus Litore”. As such, the following adjustments have been made to the Bozjan Southern Front:
    ・Players who have completed the sidequest “The Lady of Blades” will now receive 3 Bozjan coins upon completing any critical engagement (excluding “The Battle of Castrum Lacus Litore”).
    ・Players who have completed the sidequest “The Lady of Blades” will now receive 1 Bozjan coin upon completing any skirmish with a silver or gold rating.
    * Bozjan coins rewarded from skirmishes and critical engagements will not be displayed in the completion window and will only be displayed in the chat log.

Au'ra
    Donnicton wrote: »
    A pretty good hotfix for Bozja dwellers today.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/53426c413471cfc759b57b40d7ef00459f24880d
    ◆FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Nov. 10, 2020)◆

■ Additional rewards have been added to skirmishes and critical engagements after completing “The Battle of Castrum Lacus Litore”. As such, the following adjustments have been made to the Bozjan Southern Front:
    ・Players who have completed the sidequest “The Lady of Blades” will now receive 3 Bozjan coins upon completing any critical engagement (excluding “The Battle of Castrum Lacus Litore”).
    ・Players who have completed the sidequest “The Lady of Blades” will now receive 1 Bozjan coin upon completing any skirmish with a silver or gold rating.
    * Bozjan coins rewarded from skirmishes and critical engagements will not be displayed in the completion window and will only be displayed in the chat log.

That's really helpful. Castrum gives something like 26 total, you need 100 for the full armor set? Plus an ungodly number to get the haste buffed augment, but the base set is dyable so screw that.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I burned myself out grinding Bozja for Bitter Memories and still coming up far short of what I needed. It was probably time for a break from the game anyways. I might slowly ease my way back in by just doing a level roulette once per day and getting the 14 Bitter Memories I need over the course of a few weeks.

I got 10 in 12-15 hours of grinding for both clusters and rank but still am only rank 9. So much for farming groups being more efficient then Antitower rushing which I should have just done after realizing I was getting at best 1-2 memories per hour. Oh well, my own fault for wasting my own time.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Au'ra
    Cormac wrote: »
    I burned myself out grinding Bozja for Bitter Memories and still coming up far short of what I needed. It was probably time for a break from the game anyways. I might slowly ease my way back in by just doing a level roulette once per day and getting the 14 Bitter Memories I need over the course of a few weeks.

I got 10 in 12-15 hours of grinding for both clusters and rank but still am only rank 9. So much for farming groups being more efficient then Antitower rushing which I should have just done after realizing I was getting at best 1-2 memories per hour. Oh well, my own fault for wasting my own time.

Yeah...I'm disappointed how bad Bozja is for memory drops. The rate just sucks in there for all of them, frankly.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    how are you farming? I've managed to rack up a dozen bitters in an hour before

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Au'ra

I have no idea how you could possibly get 12 of the green ones in an hour.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    it's so weird how imbalanced Bozja is for the memories, when it was billed as the basis for its story initially.

The fact that you have to wrestle with RNG in Bozja, and don't need to deal with that in FATE or level 60 dungeon spam, really ends up burying Bozja for stuff other than coins.

Or just the experience of playing the Castrum or the skirmishes and duels, of course.

edited November 2020
    Miqo'te
    Polaritie wrote: »

I have no idea how you could possibly get 12 of the green ones in an hour.

I'd join cluster farming groups who were making pulls as often as the groups of enemies would respawn (roughly every couple of minutes). Sometimes I'd get a couple Bitter Memories in a row but then sometimes I wouldn't see any for over an hour.

I also spent a week farming up the 80 Fate memories I needed for the first step in the Heavensward zones. Could have done more but just did the four classes I play the most. I burned myself out doing that and took a break for almost a week before jumping back into Bozja.

I've been playing Genshin Impact which is it's own kind of grind but it's actually fun compared to Bozjan stuff.

Cormac on
    Au'ra
    Enlong wrote: »
    it's so weird how imbalanced Bozja is for the memories, when it was billed as the basis for its story initially.

The fact that you have to wrestle with RNG in Bozja, and don't need to deal with that in FATE or level 60 dungeon spam, really ends up burying Bozja for stuff other than coins.

Or just the experience of playing the Castrum or the skirmishes and duels, of course.

It's not bad for XP, at least. If you're constantly clearing the skirmishes/engagements.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Miqo'te
    The fast way of farming Clusters/Memories is to have an 8 person group split between area 1 and 2 (healer, tank, dps in each group). Pull all of the Garlean enemies/robots each pull you can and aoe them down. The pulls are fairly constant and the memories drop quite often. Ideally, there's another group doing the same and you can even put 1-2 people in the north area 3. So long as you get some tags you can also leech some drops off the north group's efforts. With constant pulls, you are going to be getting oodles of memories and clusters. In about 1 hour I got about 200 clusters and a couple dozen different memories.

Area 1 drops the Sea of Clouds/Coerthas Western Highland memory, Area 2 drops the Dravanian Forelands/Churning Mists memory, and Area 3 drops the Azyz Lla/Dravanian Hinterlands memory. Bitter memories (dungeon drops) can come from any area. You need to have the quests active in order to get the drops.

With a full group and a good pace of pulls, you can easily outpace the fate grinding method of gaining memories. Soloing, it is going to be much slower.

Caedwyr on
    Miqo'te
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    The fast way of farming Clusters/Memories is to have an 8 person group split between area 1 and 2 (healer, tank, dps in each group). Pull all of the Garlean enemies/robots each pull you can and aoe them down. The pulls are fairly constant and the memories drop quite often. Ideally, there's another group doing the same and you can even put 1-2 people in the north area 3. So long as you get some tags you can also leech some drops off the north group's efforts. With constant pulls, you are going to be getting oodles of memories and clusters. In about 1 hour I got about 200 clusters and a couple dozen different memories.

My RNG must be terrible because that's what I was doing for multiple hours on multiple days. Swimming in clusters but only 10 Bitter Memories. :(

Viera
    don't bother with farming bozja for the relic upgrade doohickies, just do the 30 FATEs in the heavensward zones

BahamutZERO.gif
    Au'ra
    Cormac wrote: »
    Caedwyr wrote: »

My RNG must be terrible because that's what I was doing for multiple hours on multiple days. Swimming in clusters but only 10 Bitter Memories. :(

Bitter memories might be worse there because they have a much lower drop rate. How many were you getting of the fate memory sets?

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I appreciate that they gave an alternative route to relic weapons for people who didn't want to do bozja

but the alternative is so easy and trying to do the relics through bozja fucking sucks

it's the opposite of what it should be!

This discussion has been closed.