As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ard wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    In woodinville? Must have been Duvall transplants.

Worse, Bellevue. He got doxxed.

You usually expect better of Bellevue gun thugs. Hate to see it chat.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Wow usually they'd just have their dad foreclose on the protesters house or something

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Wow usually they'd just have their dad foreclose on the protesters house or something

Silly Sammich, these are young people. There's no way they would have their own house.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Silly Sammich, these are young people. There's no way they would have their own house.

Even easier, their dad's probably the landlord and would have them evicted.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    The Ag Department caught two more murder hornet queens. They're still looking for more nests.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Footage from Watcam county:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fecnEOQd2cg

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    441pw7v6l3x51.png

Eastern Washington sucks :|

Stabbity_Style.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    They're not intended to be political, they are just supposed to say something political.

halp my brain

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Tricities? Man that ain't a shock at all.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    If I ever encounter a neighbor doing that, I'm hanging up skeletons with their names around the necks and see how fast they complain.

Mvrck wrote: »
    If I ever encounter a neighbor doing that, I'm hanging up skeletons with their names around the necks and see how fast they complain.

I'd be careful about that because that could be considered a more direct threat than being a racist shit bag.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

I'd be careful about that because that could be considered a more direct threat than being a racist shit bag.

Oh I don't mean anything threatening by it, just getting in the Halloween spirit!

Oh I don't mean anything threatening by it, just getting in the Halloween spirit!

Police aren't on your side here, though.

Steam profile
    edited November 2020

(tweet says Jay Inslee projected to win the Governorship)

Get fucked Culp.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    It looks like Heck (D vs. D) for Lt. Gov

Wyman (R) maybe by a hair for Sec. of State... it is quite close.

Davidson (R), the only other incumbant R here, is losing Treasurer to Pellicciotti (D) by ~11%, which is relatively small for WA for D vs. R races.

Every other Democrat is winning their races here.

The sex ed proposition is winning by quite a lot.

(source)

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    For context, Davidson won in 2016 because of our stupid jungle primary system. The primary had 3 Democratic candidates, but only 2 Republican candidates. Even though the Democratic candidates, as a group, had a higher percentage of the vote, splitting the vote 3 ways instead of 2 meant that both Republican candidates went on to the general.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I'm currently in the Dark Zone, (aka) Indiana, and will be returning back late Sunday to Seattle and taking a COVID 19 test, as a requirement for my employer , when traveling outside the State of Washington and to be compliant with the Washington State COVID guidelines (whom , In this world of treachery, is really friendly with PTO use and informed me they will pay for the PTO while I await my results.) Staying with an awesome, progressive family, admist the fucking Mike Pence is our hero , Children of the Corn type bullshit, that the blue collar class eats up in my fucking home state. Apologies for Indiana's dumbassery, once again!

Just too fucking sad that they Went R again, and so wlll have to go to Michigan and Illinois, and uncomfortably risk getting harassed by the Indiana State Police (akin to Utah State Police keeping tabs on Colorado, Nevada, and other Legalized, out of staters driving through.) and wait until 2024 to get legalized majuriana. Although I was pleasantly surprised, that Northwest Indiana, and Indianapolis (basically the metro areas of Indiana.) were 70% following mask rules, but halfassing when people only fucking covered their mouths (both workers and customers.) and leaving their noses exposed. Add the fact that Illinoisans, who are being spiteful babies, jump across state lines this past weekend to enjoy "TRU-FREEDUM tm". At the "Crossroads of America" (* pukes*) Oh look, another how many fucking cases in the Great Lakes States this upcoming week?"

I am fucking, so ever grateful to be an ex Native of Indiana, and had the opportunity to get out and employeed in the PNW since 2006. I know alot of my relatives, friends, and many of this board's users can relate, as they have similar experiences. But I am glad to be resident of Washington. I know, I know, Eastern Washington's affinity to want to be like my home state of Indiana, minus the weed being the devil, hurr durr! Overall, I'm glad Governer Inslee set the example ,on how to be Presidential and a leader admist crisis.

Now excuse me, while I plan an Apology gift to Preacher, for this evenings fuckery on Election night, via my home state in the Midwest.

And Now I know how Mcdermott feels.

Ticaldfjam on
    I'm currently in the Dark Zone, (aka) Indiana, and will be returning back late Sunday to Seattle and taking a COVID 19 test, as a requirement for my employer , when traveling outside the State of Washington and to be compliant with the Washington State COVID guidelines (whom , In this world of treachery, is really friendly with PTO use and informed me they will pay for the PTO while I await my results.) Staying with an awesome, progressive family, admist the fucking Mike Pence is our hero , Children of the Corn type bullshit, that the blue collar class eats up in my fucking home state. Apologies for Indiana's dumbassery, once again!

Just too fucking sad that they Went R again, and so wlll have to go to Michigan and Illinois, and uncomfortably risk getting harassed by the Indiana State Police (akin to Utah State Police keeping tabs on Colorado, Nevada, and other Legalized, out of staters driving through.) and wait until 2024 to get legalized majuriana. Although I was pleasantly surprised, that Northwest Indiana, and Indianapolis (basically the metro areas of Indiana.) were 70% following mask rules, but halfassing when people only fucking covered their mouths (both workers and customers.) and leaving their noses exposed. Add the fact that Illinoisans, who are being spiteful babies, jump across state lines this past weekend to enjoy "TRU-FREEDUM tm". At the "Crossroads of America" (* pukes*) Oh look, another how many fucking cases in the Great Lakes States this upcoming week?"

I am fucking, so ever grateful to be an ex Native of Indiana, and had the opportunity to get out and employeed in the PNW since 2006. I know alot of my relatives, friends, and many of this board's users can relate, as they have similar experiences. But I am glad to be resident of Washington. I know, I know, Eastern Washington's affinity to want to be like my home state of Indiana, minus the weed being the devil, hurr durr! Overall, I'm glad Governer Inslee set the example ,on how to be Presidential and a leader admist crisis.

Now excuse me, while I plan an Apology gift to Preacher, for this evenings fuckery on Election night, via my home state in the Midwest.

And Now I know how Mcdermott feels.

Hi-5 fellow Indiana to Eastern Washington transplant. Tho I didn't really have much of a say in it since we moved when I was in high school. There were definitely some nice things about Indiana that I miss in Eastern Washington, namely the forests, the rain, and the snow. It's too open and empty out here, lol, I need to be surrounded by forest.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    Why do we keep electing R for SoS?!?!?! WA, wtf...

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Its a weird night because like the President is attempting to seize power and all but a number of campaigns and ballot efforts I worked on here have done really well.

Its hardly ideal of course but when the Dems control so many of the levers of power in the state its not the end of the world

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular

Washington voted Wyman in, not a generic Republican. I think there's a sense that Secretary of State is a non-political office that's just in charge of the technical aspects of running an election, and Wyman hasn't used her position for evil. (That I know of.) Combine that with the incumbency advantage and a somewhat weak challenger and she's getting reelected. I think the Secretary of State position is more political than it first appears, and a generic Democrat would be more proactive in expanding the number of people who vote, but I'm reasonably confident that Wyman isn't about to start applying the standard Republican dirty tricks here.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Decided to check out how my county voted in state and local stuff. Not a lot of surprises, since the electorate runs roughly 75-25 R-D. But the Lt. Gov race is... interesting

khb2eo9vqain.jpeg

1/3 of county votes for this race were write-ins. (Presumably because those people couldn’t bring themselves to pick a Dem) I’d love to see the details on that one

Esit: looking at the statewide results for this, approximately 20% of votes were write-ins for this race. So we have a baseline for “how many people in this state would rather waste votes on a write-in than vote for a Democrat”

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Decided to check out how my county voted in state and local stuff. Not a lot of surprises, since the electorate runs roughly 75-25 R-D. But the Lt. Gov race is... interesting

khb2eo9vqain.jpeg

1/3 of county votes for this race were write-ins. (Presumably because those people couldn’t bring themselves to pick a Dem) I’d love to see the details on that one

Esit: looking at the statewide results for this, approximately 20% of votes were write-ins for this race. So we have a baseline for “how many people in this state would rather waste votes on a write-in than vote for a Democrat”

I saw something going around on Facebook where people were encouraging WA republicans to write-in Joshua Freed. They figured they'd have a chance since the democrat vote would be split.

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Gotta love conservatives going after the 2008 comprehensive sex ed law that wasn't being enforced and now having a state referendum that will give that education policy more teeth end up passing.

nusu on
  • David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    Damn shame Sherae didn't get the 43rd, but that was always an uphill battle.

I voted for both Wyman and Davidson, because before yesterday I was an independant hoping that the Republicans would lose hard, find their soul, and maybe these two non-trumpist might influence it back into objective reality with the rest of us. Also, incumbency during a volatile year, I didn't want to change what wasn't broken. And I just preferred splitting my ticket.

But given how this election has gone, I deeply regret it. They're both decent at their jobs, but they really should have changed parties by now. I probably won't vote for a Republican again, not until their party changes dramatically, which I've lost all hope of that happening any time soon.

I also officially joined the 34th District Democratic Party today.

nusu wrote: »
    Gotta love conservatives going after the 2008 comprehensive sex ed law that wasn't being enforced and now having a state referendum that will give that education policy more teeth end up passing.

Their candidate for Superintendent of Public Instruction ran on “vote for me if you want to repeal” and pulled a lot better than the measure itself, though not enough to win.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Can't find a soul that doesn't exist

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

it's embarrassing that people keep sending Frank Chopp back to office

dude has been in charge of a majority Dem house during the entire length of both the education and homeless crises, he is directly responsible for damn near every problem the people in his district are facing

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    it's funnier every time I read it

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone done a count on the state legislature totals? Dems still have both houses?
    I'm too lazy to dig though the results and count em up...

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/20201103/legislative.html

I think the Dems retain the state House (or whatever we call it) but I’m not sure about the senate

I counted 13-13 split among 26 races and I’m not sure if that is the full state senate or not

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020

Ahh too bad.
    Culp will be welcomed openly In Idaho , so not sorry.

Ticaldfjam on
    You love to see it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

dude has been in charge of a majority Dem house during the entire length of both the education and homeless crises, he is directly responsible for damn near every problem the people in his district are facing

Vote blue no matter who. Fremont and Wallingford are some of the more aggressively anti-homeless areas in the city and they were never gonna go for someone who didn’t cater to them. Nothing like seeing all those “in this house we believe...” signs in front of million+ dollar homes.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Vote blue no matter who. Fremont and Wallingford are some of the more aggressively anti-homeless areas in the city and they were never gonna go for someone who didn’t cater to them. Nothing like seeing all those “in this house we believe...” signs in front of million+ dollar homes.

His challenger this year was a leftist.

Am I understanding correctly that the premise here is people in expensive houses can't be properly liberal or whatever?

Steam profile
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Right next to “no hala upzone!” Signs

But yes, it was blue v blue. Was a good opportunity to start with a younger politician

wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.