As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In Which I Realize I Am Getting Old, And You Do Too.

1262728293032»

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    My new meds make me hella dizzy for about half an hour after taking them, ugh ugh ugh.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    What could be more fun about growing old than necroing an old thread!

Today while rummaging through my file cabinets for some tax documents I stumbled upon this ancient artifact:

2o8n4nlnuugr.jpg

I think this was for a problem I had with King's Quest 4. Which means this envelope is probably 31 years old. Funny thing was I recall feeling real proud that I used my Dad's computer to print out the address and make it look all professional.

Does anyone remember a time when Tech Support was handled by snail mail? I do.

Boy, I feel old.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    29 cent stamps

what a time to be alive

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    That was my biggest mistake. Not investing in stamp futures

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I don't think I've ever bought stamps or mailed anything

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    We're so old that Weaver's new meds just started first grade.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Participating in the thread when it was new and again now

• Options
    Now I'm looking back one page and I'm wondering if Smof ever asked his Nan about those pictures

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    When I realized that all my (immediate) supervisors would pretty much always be younger than I am.
    Six years later and I am now older than my immediate supervisor, and also his boss. The boss above that guy is questionable, but I don't care enough to ask him his age.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Now I'm looking back one page and I'm wondering if Smof ever asked his Nan about those pictures

Huh. I guess that visit where I took those photos was the last time I saw her. She died at the end of 2014. So it will remain a mystery.

• Options
    Awww too bad. Sorry about your Nan.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    My joints ache on the regular now. It used to be only a "after a long work day" thing, but now it's like "I sat down for 20 minutes on a surface without enough padding so now my entire body is fucked for 48 hours"

Getting old sucks

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I will be old when I unable to care for myself

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    My joints ache on the regular now. It used to be only a "after a long work day" thing, but now it's like "I sat down for 20 minutes on a surface without enough padding so now my entire body is fucked for 48 hours"

Getting old sucks

I notice it in the morning, getting out of bed. My knees ache for an hour or so

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Getting old sucks

I notice it in the morning, getting out of bed. My knees ache for an hour or so

Get yourself some joint health tablets and start doing yoga three times a week: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5DEMWI/

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    You ever think about what your life would be like if you spent all that time getting deep into Second Life instead of this place? Pretty weird, I bet. Weirder, I mean.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I aged a thousand years when Anya, while playing a game, actually said “Hashtag”