As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[2020 Election] Math is Dead

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Apologies I was going to post an edited version, decided not to, and it saved the draft. Sorry guys

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Saying that "white" Latinos go for Trump is some gross ass shit. Please educate yourself.
    Isn't white hispanic a thing? Or is that something different? I don't know, I'm just a cat

It is yes. But white hispanics are not latinx. They’re European
    I thought Maya was challenging the Latino essence of Latinos who voted for Trump. I didn't realize American Cubans identify as white. Or at least a significant portion of American Cubans identify as white. Basically I thought she was saying that if you're Latinx and voting for Trump then you're a white person.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Scraper shows GA lead under 2000 now.

• Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    NYT has Trumps lead in geogia down to 1900 with 11,000 remaining. Could flip within the next hour or so.

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I honestly kind of hope that they're too busy with dead-end nonsense court shit to really get up to ransacking the country for the lame duck session.

But I also wonder if Trump going whole hog on corrupt shit in the waning moments might tank Republican prospects in the Georgia senate runoffs. Like, if he's not on the ballot do his crazed supporters still show up just to stick it to the libs? Probably. *sigh*

My suspicion is he's going to spend most of it bitching about the results, trying to legaleze himself out of the hole he's dug and sulking about how he is in fact a loser.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    How many votes are left To be counted in Georgia?

zepherin on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Gotta say, as someone from Georgia doing the actual ground work here to flip things, it sucks seeing people from outside making Sherman's March jokes.

The path you carry the burden on was burnilt by someone else.

steam_sig.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Not a peach cobbler, but I do have these primed and ready to light up if PA goes tonight:
    maiw8wnijmgw.jpg

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

11k for sure, possibly more with provisional and last-minute military

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I just gotta say

Knitting that some of these differences may just come down to votes from abroad.

Yeah. It's a tiny little dance to be relevant.

• PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    The real question is, will the thread get to 270 before Biden?

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Saying that "white" Latinos go for Trump is some gross ass shit. Please educate yourself.
    Isn't white hispanic a thing? Or is that something different? I don't know, I'm just a cat

Like, exclusively from European countries? Because, buddy–

Like... generally yes. They’re primarily the descendants of the Spanish colonial ruling class.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I just gotta say

Knitting that some of these differences may just come down to votes from abroad.

Yeah. It's a tiny little dance to be relevant.

This community is like a warm blanket, handmade

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Ya'll just got dangerously close to the forbidden fruit that is the anime thread there for a second.

Just under 11,000. Biden needs 58%. He's been averaging close to 70%.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Not a peach cobbler, but I do have these primed and ready to light up if PA goes tonight:
    maiw8wnijmgw.jpg

Like the man said, don't light up til the fat lady sings.

wVEsyIc.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    maiw8wnijmgw.jpg

Monte Cristo is my preferred cigar on the very rare occasion I smoke up. It’s quite smooth.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    CNN also saying Trump ahead by 42,142 in PA And still shrinking

Watching PA count votes is like the end of Space Balls, if you stretched the end of Space Balls out over the course of 3 days. "She's gone from suck to blow!"

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Piotyr wrote: »

LFG!

But seriously, probably not?

:so_raven:
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    CNN also saying Trump ahead by 42,142 in PA And still shrinking

Watching PA count votes is like the end of Space Balls, if you stretched the end of Space Balls out over the course of 3 days. "She's gone from suck to blow!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHouxwLbBWw

wVEsyIc.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    per NBC as many as 8,900 overseas ballots possible in GA, but they have to arrive by tomorrow so we won't know the total for sure until then

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    per NBC as many as 8,900 overseas ballots possible in GA, but they have to arrive by tomorrow so we won't know the total for sure until then

That seems... potentially really important

616610-1.png
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    what's the word on overseas tump/biden lean?

Corvus wrote: »
    Piotyr wrote: »

LFG!

But seriously, probably not?

Georgia looks like it'll be done either way soon, and Arizona is moving right along.

Pennsylvania's quantum remaining vote count means they'll be done some time between yesterday and the day the Morlocks move underground, but they could be rendered moot before that.

• OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    I assume that includes military + expat which kinda balances out, right?

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    OremLK wrote: »
    I assume that includes military + expat which kinda balances out, right?

yeah no idea on split

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    maiw8wnijmgw.jpg

Monte Cristo is my preferred cigar on the very rare occasion I smoke up. It’s quite smooth.

Yep, their filler blends are just silky smooth so even a heavy Maduro wrapper doesn't overwhelm the flavor profile.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    maiw8wnijmgw.jpg

PA going is the fat lady. If the vote in PA is done, and Biden wins, the only thing that can change things would be a WI recount finding ~300 times more votes to change than they have before.

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular

Is this actually a thing? I, and most of the white Hispanics I know identify as latinx. This is mostly PRicans, I always check the "white" box, but also the "latino" box if able.

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

Not really. If Biden has Pennsylvania in the bag like everyone who would know keeps saying then he can lose Georgia and Arizona and still win with 279 EC votes. Winning Georgia and Arizona is technically just running up the score and protecting against ratfucking with baseless court challenges.

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    From Nick Confessore, NYT reporter:

Ia! Ia! Needle fhtagn

htm on
    moniker wrote: »

Not really. If Biden has Pennsylvania in the bag like everyone who would know keeps saying then he can lose Georgia and Arizona and still win with 279 EC votes. Winning Georgia and Arizona is technically just running up the score and protecting against ratfucking with baseless court challenges.

Biden winning GA isn't the most important part of the GA election

we're currently only 0.1% into runoff for the Senate as well

• TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    maiw8wnijmgw.jpg

PA going is the fat lady. If the vote in PA is done, and Biden wins, the only thing that can change things would be a WI recount finding ~300 times more votes to change than they have before.

I have a feeling that PA is going to be a battle even after the count is finished. Trump camp was planning on legal fuckery there from the start.

• southwicksouthwick Registered User regular

Which, unfortunately, feels almost needed this year.
    Just over 270 feels rife for protracted legal battles.
    Over 300 feels kinda silly to challenge.

edited November 2020

And a needed additional indication that the country as a whole is tired of this shit.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular

Is this actually a thing? I, and most of the white Hispanics I know identify as latinx. This is mostly PRicans, I always check the "white" box, but also the "latino" box if able.

The shift in the Census and various other official forms making Hispanic not a race but an ethnicity strikes me as attempting to 'whiten' hispanic/ latinx folks the same way the Irish and Italians were. Especially since there's been a long term effort by Republican elites who can read a trendline to try and make that happen, despite the efforts of the Nativist racism wing. I wouldn't be surprised if by 2030 or 2040 white becomes shifted to 'Caucasian / Hispanic'

• Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular

You can assume most of those won’t show up, but every one counts

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

If Biden gets PA, he can lose in every other uncalled state and still win with 273.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    Inkstain82 wrote: »

You can assume most of those won’t show up, but every one counts

it's not clear if some already have or not. they are counted last

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Yes. Though obviously nothing stops you from checking the box.

The most obvious example is Cuban expats, IE people that fled Castro’s revolution. IE the people who ruled Cuba

wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.