As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[2020 Election] Math is Dead

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    280,000 ballots remain in AZ, 200,000 are in Maricopa County

per AZ Secretary of State own NBC

e: most regular early ballots, very small amount are provisional

So trump needs to win those at about 58% which he just missed in the last batch

And I’m assuming the other 80 are less friendly to him

Going to be close but looks like the opposite of GA where he should barely miss instead of barely hitting

616610-1.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Karl_Rove.gif

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular

No opinion will make the people turn on you faster than "Lets do more politics this year"

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I hope the FBI was contacted over that being in the mailbox

steam_sig.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    My wife’s friend, here in Abilene TX, just got this in her mailbox

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

Call the police.
    And the news.

Also, if they printed it on a printer made in the past decade or two, they're wrong about the prints thing.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Not to stoke fear, but things are going to pop off once it's called for Biden

Be safe y'all

• monikermoniker Registered User regular

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

Call the police.
    And the news.

And the Postal Inspection Service. They got Steven Bannon

• dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

Sean Hannity has always looked and behaved like a caricature of himself. Each passing year he's attempting to out-Hannity himself and it's getting really insane. I'm just waiting for him to start ending his show with - "and as always, America prevails!"

I'm exhausted by this election in weird new ways. 2020 is the year we all learned how Sisyphus feels. Trump is the boulder.

dispatch.o on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

Going to be close but looks like the opposite of GA where he should barely miss instead of barely hitting

the other 80,000 might be more favorable to him potentially but 58% is the target for him and missing it in Maricopa means he has to hit it harder outside

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

I don't even know what this is supposed to accomplish once the election is over. Even if they plan on following through, this only gives her time to prepare in some way. This is what I'm afraid of though. Trump has a lot of clout with the alt-right even if he loses the election. There's too many dumb trump supporters with guns out there, and many of them are my neighbors.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I have carefully avoided doing anything to publicly announce my support for Biden in any form consumed by a wider audience than the people I work with and close friends and family.

My mom had a Biden Harris sign on her lawn and she lives in a fairly pro-trump area, I'm actually somewhat worried someone might try something shitty over it.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I wish I could be as happy as Sisyphus

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

I don't even know what this is supposed to accomplish once the election is over. Even if they plan on following through, this only gives her time to prepare in some way. This is what I'm afraid of though. Trump has a lot of clout with the alt-right even if he loses the election. There's too many dumb trump supporters with guns out there, and many of them are my neighbors.

Bullying, abuse, and atrocities are their own reward.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It was brought to my attention that that note is based on a fake note Trump supporters supposedly received

In this case it’s a real threat though, even though it’s based on a fake one

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

this is super weird because this is just an alteration of a fake threat that "Democrats" (i.e. shithead trolls trying to convince people it was Democrats) sent out a while back

https://www.truthorfiction.com/dear-neighbor-you-have-been-identified-as-a-trump-supporter-flyers/

either whoever did this thinks it was actually real and is trying to "turn the tables" on those evil Dems, or they know it was bullshit but have decided actually you know what this is a good idea

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ideally (well, not ideally, but you get what I mean) it's just meant to scare her and they have no actual plans to fuck up her house.

I wonder how mailboxes they stuck one of those in.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I wish I could be as happy as Sisyphus

I hear ya

This election is remarkably like pushing Bouldy up the hill

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular

the other 80,000 might be more favorable to him potentially but 58% is the target for him and missing it in Maricopa means he has to hit it harder outside
    Hmm damn I though that other P county was more fsvorable

Also wasn’t there something in AZ about the batches being from different days of early voting with the previous two being very late and heavy Trump and the remaining being from a bit sooner and less Trump?

616610-1.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    It was brought to my attention that that note is based on a fake note Trump supporters supposedly received

you put that in someone's mailbox, you're making a threat

doesn't matter if it's a meme

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    The higher the dragon goes, the more I see

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

Quite possibly still fake and trolling. OTOH it's specific enough to actually be an illegal threat so whoever did it should be dumpstered regardless.

you put that in someone's mailbox, you're making a threat

doesn't matter if it's a meme

Yeah she didn’t know what it was based on and was understandably upset at finding it in her mail

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

There's actually a system of tracking dots that are imposed when you decide to use many commercial and home printer/copiers. It can tell everything from the model/make/serial to the time and date it was made. The person who decided to hand those out is an idiot and I hope the FBI finds them and throws them in a deep dark hole.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So someone took a bullshit fake note meant to allow Republicans to play the victim and decry those evil lefties trying to intimidate them... and repurposed it into an actual note used to intimidate someone for being a Democrat.

That is so. So on brand for these fuckers.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln

Hmm damn I though that other P county was more fsvorable

Also wasn’t there something in AZ about the batches being from different days of early voting with the previous two being very late and heavy Trump and the remaining being from a bit sooner and less Trump?

i don't know about that

i do know AZ is normally like 85% mail vote so you can't read too much into who's sending them

but that being said, nobody's leading by 58% so it makes it less likely the votes break for Trump by 58% if they're representative of everyone

AZ is one to make you pull your hair out trying to call

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The higher the dragon goes, the more I see

roll initiative

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    That may or may not be against forum policy, although I don't think anyone would be too torn up at the idea

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

They're helpless as Dear Leader slowly loses more and more of the counts.

Scaring the libs is all they have available to them now. It's toothless and pathetic.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    So is this one of the closest elections in history or does it just feel like it?

Edit and I means the margins in the states for electoral votes. I know how the popular vote is going

RickRude on
    TehSpectre wrote: »

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

Scaring the libs is all they have available to them now. It's toothless and pathetic.

Well, it's very pathetic, but we can only hope that it's toothless. Sadly, all the Trump years have demonstrated, if we didn't have ample enough evidence before, that there are some real crazies out there.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

Call the police.
    And the news.
    Also many printers have a MIC, which allows for identification through printed page.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

There's actually a system of tracking dots that are imposed when you decide to use many commercial and home printer/copiers. It can tell everything from the model/make/serial to the time and date it was made. The person who decided to hand those out is an idiot and I hope the FBI finds them and throws them in a deep dark hole.

Also frankly the probability the muppets doing that actually avoided putting fingerprints and DNA all over it is basically zero. Send it the media, FBI and police. Whoever's doing that is pretty likely to be caught, and can do with some jail time.

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Yea,

Well my boss more or less warned me not to discuss politics in front of anyone in my company; if the owner finds that I voted for Biden he will probably fire me on the spot.

Like, they were raving mad on the phone the other day ; "they are liars and thieves, taxation is theft, etc..."

and when I point out some of the states have laws on the books that says they cant count these mail in ballets until after Nov 3rd, and that they can receive them up to 10 days after. No that's lies and false news.

We live in the misinformation age, and any piece of information that contradicts their point of view is immediately rejected. These are no dumb rednick hicks in the country side; these are chemists and college educated men working a non-laymen industry for a lifetime.

I am unsure what to do about it, especially considering there is almost no available positions elsewhere.

Kruite on
  • Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    So is this one of the closest elections in history or does it just feel like it?

It just feels like it. It’s not really particularly close

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

Well, it's very pathetic, but we can only hope that it's toothless. Sadly, all the Trump years have demonstrated, if we didn't have ample enough evidence before, that there are some real crazies out there.

Going to the effort of printing and delivering it shows a lot more intent than shit posting on the internet.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    Yea,

Well my boss more or less warned me not to discuss politics in front of anyone in my company; if the owner finds that I voted for Biden he will probably fire me on the spot.

Right to work state?

dispatch.o wrote: »

8zd4e5mmjrfq.jpeg

Also frankly the probability the muppets doing that actually avoided putting fingerprints and DNA all over it is basically zero. Send it the media, FBI and police. Whoever's doing that is pretty likely to be caught, and can do with some jail time.

If they're in mailboxes, there's probably doorbell camera footage of them doing it and the vehicles license plate driving away.

It's profoundly stupid, but we can't let, "I was just joking, bro" be an excuse to not name them and seek justice. Even if that justice is door to door apologies.

Inkstain82 wrote: »

It just feels like it. It’s not really particularly close

electoral college it could be

vote wise it is not by any means the closest

• StarZapperStarZapper Vermont, Bizzaro world.Registered User regular

Edit and I means the margins in the states for electoral votes. I know how the popular vote is going

Nah, it's not even that close, it just feels that way because it's taking a long time to get results. That's a modern contrivance too mind, if this were say 1812 or something nobody was staying up until midnight to check results. There's a good reason states have a month to count and certify the results.

This discussion has been closed.