As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Election 2020] Joe Biden Wins

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    This song took on new meaning watching it today. And the performance is amazing. Danced with my little girl 3 times to it today and cried every time. She finally may have a bright future without this fucker in office.

It's times like this you leave to live again.
    It's times like these you give and give ahain
    It's times like these you learn to love again
    It's times.lkk these time and time again

https://youtu.be/cEiIN3e_QW0

Edit this was snl the night biden was confirmed. I think they had dave chappelle and foo fighters intentionally is why I posted this.

RickRude on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    ELECTION DRAGON HAS BEEN DOING A TON OF METH AND IS FAR FROM SLEEPY

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Nine wrote: »
    Hachface wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Georgia's electoral votes went to Biden. We can win the Senate races there. It's just a question of how, and are we willing to do what it takes.

Honestly D+5 to R+10 and anything in between seems plausible to me in that race. No fucking clue which voting groups will turn out over a holiday season without Trump actually on the ballot when control of the Senate is up for grabs.

we just have to assume it's the most important election left to decide, will literally determine the future of our society, and we have to do everything in our power to support the candidates and get out the vote

My gut tells me the Dems lose at least one race because it seems like the Fates have decided that no climactic ideological showdowns are happening this cycle.

Prove me wrong, Georgia! Prove me wrong!

Warnock is the stronger candidate and is facing the weaker of the two Republicans. I'm cautiously optimistic about his chances.

I'm less optimistic about Ossoff. He underperformed compared to Biden.

I pessimistically think the most likely outcome is a Warnock win and Ossoff loss, as middle of the road voters both-sides everything and claim a divided government will "kEeP BiDeN iN cHeCk".

And then in 2-4 years the same lean-R "independents" rail about how Biden nothing got done

Taximes on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    ELECTION DRAGON HAS BEEN DOING A TON OF METH AND IS FAR FROM SLEEPY

OH NO.

It's gone from "snacky" to "horny."

Well. Hornier.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I swear fundraising didn't sound like your abusive ex texting you at 1am until recently.

Coinage on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Also I gave too much* to GASenate and my wife is pissed at me considering the amount of money we just put into saving our little dog....they better win now!

*per my wife, not per election law.....and holy shit no we can afford many hundreds more than I gave today, Jesus....but I guess her frugal ways will pay off for me in retirement when I might finally be able to get through my Switch backlog

I was just coming here to post that I may need to block the DNC and all these people sending me texts. I cannot take it anymore.

It’s this, below, all day every day:

[im g]https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/f6/4eiz4du690rj.jpeg[/img]
    [im g]https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/su/mzaqi2w1z6li.jpeg[/img]
    [im g]https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/qo/658kekgvtcje.jpeg[/img]

Anytime I started getting texts like that, I was just completely honest: Sorry, I've budgeted and given a lot and can't give more right now, and the tone of the texts you're sending me are worsening my already bad mental state, please stop. I'm hoping enough people responding that way would result in them toning it the fuck down.

The keyword is "stop" - just text that if you are contacted for donations by a reputable Democrat organization.

I don't really mind being contacted, I just won't want every text to sound like we're on the brink of being defeated by the Nazgul.

I mean, it't the Nazigul, close enough..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Fucking Bill Fucking Barr is doing fucking Bill Barr things

WASHINGTON (AP) — Barr authorizes DOJ to probe 'substantial allegations' of voting irregularities despite little evidence of fraud.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    It's sort of counter productive if your fundraising is all doomy, and then you have to spend most of that money convincing voters you have a chance and to go vote!

• RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular

WASHINGTON (AP) — Barr authorizes DOJ to probe 'substantial allegations' of voting irregularities despite little evidence of fraud.

Motherf*cker!

• TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular

The fuck makes these allegations "substantial"?

VuIBhrs.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Also I gave too much* to GASenate and my wife is pissed at me considering the amount of money we just put into saving our little dog....they better win now!

*per my wife, not per election law.....and holy shit no we can afford many hundreds more than I gave today, Jesus....but I guess her frugal ways will pay off for me in retirement when I might finally be able to get through my Switch backlog

I was just coming here to post that I may need to block the DNC and all these people sending me texts. I cannot take it anymore.

It’s this, below, all day every day:

[im g]https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/f6/4eiz4du690rj.jpeg[/img]
    [im g]https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/su/mzaqi2w1z6li.jpeg[/img]
    [im g]https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/qo/658kekgvtcje.jpeg[/img]

Anytime I started getting texts like that, I was just completely honest: Sorry, I've budgeted and given a lot and can't give more right now, and the tone of the texts you're sending me are worsening my already bad mental state, please stop. I'm hoping enough people responding that way would result in them toning it the fuck down.

The keyword is "stop" - just text that if you are contacted for donations by a reputable Democrat organization.

I don't really mind being contacted, I just won't want every text to sound like we're on the brink of being defeated by the Nazgul.

I mean, it't the Nazigul, close enough..

I didn't get this at first. I thought you were trying to correct my Tolkenizing. But I get it now. lol

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

substantial can just mean "a lot"

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Mitch McConnell had a meeting with Barr earlier today, by the way. The DOJ refused to comment on it.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Oh for fucks sake. There really is no bottom is there.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

They really super want it to be true.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

The "I said so" clause that Barr operates with and always has.

It's one last power abuse.

• madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Still hard to believe that in under a year we went from "Trump the Bulletproof/Acquitted of Impeachment" to "Trump the Loser".

Worth noting and remembering:

we had a literal power-mad fascist in charge of the country for 4 years, including 2 where his party had full control of the federal government.

And we just simply told him to GTFO
    and he will indeed be gone as of 1/20, without anything like a massive civil war or years of bloodletting to accomplish it, he'll just walk out the door* and the good-guys will walk in.

Right now there's no small number of other countries out there just amazed that we could do something like this.

*i put no stock in fantasies of him barricading himself in the Oval, he'll last at most a week before golf-withdrawal does him in

madparrot on
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Mitch McConnell had a meeting with Barr earlier today, by the way. The DOJ refused to comment on it.

Alright. Yeah.

That's the scariest thing I've heard since this weekend.

VuIBhrs.png
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    I guess their plan is to find 3 instances of voter fraud in mail ballots, declare that the whole lot must be thrown out, which gets sent to the Supreme Court, who rule in their favor.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Just like in Tuesday when we were all shocked the votes were close when we prepared all year for USPS and other ratfucking to make the vote close

We also prepared all year for trump, Barr and the scotus to potentially kill democracy to keep trump in power

I dunno why everyone’s been acting hunky for all week like it’s over when really we just all laid our cards out on the table and get to find out if the country survives

616610-1.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

It’s just one last desperate attempt to hold onto his job.

You all knew this was coming.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Either that or a 4 page memo from Barr declaring Trump the real winner.

Aegeri wrote: »

Yeah, but the difference is that Barr actually knows what he's doing.

VuIBhrs.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I guess their plan is to find 3 instances of voter fraud in mail ballots, declare that the whole lot must be thrown out, which gets sent to the Supreme Court, who rule in their favor.

This is the GOP. Much more reliable to just fabricate evidence and assume it actually exists out there rather than wait to find actual evidence.

The existence of evidence is a mere technicality when the guilt of the Democratic party is so obvious.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

He still cannot produce something from utterly bupkiss. If they had anything he would have been involved far sooner than a Hail Mary now.

For all anyone knows they were discussing how fucked trump was and how not to seem like they weren’t doing enough to defend him.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.

Alright. Yeah.

That's the scariest thing I've heard since this weekend.

On the plus side it’s also the most pointless move he could make. It doesn’t actually do anything. Investigations into voter fraud don’t need to be “authorised”, they’re just investigated anyway. He’s not appointing a special counsel or filing indictments, he’s literally just putting his Very Serious Face on and saying he’s taking the garbled nonsense doing the rounds on Facebook Very Seriously Indeed.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    That's what makes the meeting with McConnell scary; he and Barr are both competent schemers and understand holding their positions helps the overall GOP agenda of aiming us toward fascism.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

worth remembering Barr hasn't had a whole lot of success advancing Trump's agenda through the legal system either

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Or they don't even bother to look for anything and just let it hang like a cloud over Biden's inaugeration, and when Biden's DOJ shuts it down, it'll obviously be because of a cover up and not because it was BS.

It'll be the new birtherism. An lie designed to delegitimize a democratic president and his claim to the presidency.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited November 2020
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Just like in Tuesday when we were all shocked the votes were close when we prepared all year for USPS and other ratfucking to make the vote close

We also prepared all year for trump, Barr and the scotus to potentially kill democracy to keep trump in power

I dunno why everyone’s been acting hunky for all week like it’s over when really we just all laid our cards out on the table and get to find out if the country survives

Dude we celebrated from Sunday because we had a win. There’s nothing wrong with that. Knowing this was probably coming doesn’t stop us yelling “Oh FFS!” when it does.

Desktop Hippie on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular

The black people voting.

it's over

you can keep doomsaying if you want but

we won

this is all just the pathetic flailing of a narcissistic loser

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

it's over

we won

which has managed to kill almost 300 thousand people (so far) and put more in cages.

he can still hurt us.

Commander Zoom on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I mean. I guess. But if the scotus decides to hand it to Trump they can and there’s nothing we can do.

There’s a lot of paths they can take to get there too. And there’s zero reason to believe they won’t.

Let’s say they go ahead and overturn the election off just the bullshit they’ve said so far.

Why wouldn’t they do it? And how would anyone stop them?

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

it's over

we won

which has managed to kill almost 300 thousand people (so far) and put more in cages.

he can still hurt us.

Especially as the republicans seem to have no problem to use riled up mobs to further their gains. They really do not care if they cause a civil war at all.

There must be no pardons after this. Scorched earth, rip out everything of this 'administration' that can be removed.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    I mean. I guess. But if the scotus decides to hand it to Trump they can and there’s nothing we can do.

There’s a lot of paths they can take to get there too. And there’s zero reason to believe they won’t.

Let’s say they go ahead and overturn the election off just the bullshit they’ve said so far.

You do realize what the alternative to the peaceful transfer of power is? It's not 'no transfer of power'

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    White House reporter for @Ap:

NEW: The Trump administration threw the presidential transition into tumult, with AG Barr authorizing probes of allegations of voter fraud and President Trump firing the Pentagon chief and blocking government officials from cooperating with Biden’s team
    So the only reason the government doesn't consider this an attempted coup is because the government wants to pretend it isn't one, right?

Edit:
    https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-virus-outbreak-elections-voting-fraud-and-irregularities-2d39186996f69de245e59c966d4d140f
    Despite little evidence of fraud, Barr signed off on investigations into the unsubstantiated claims made repeatedly by Trump. Even as Biden began assembling experts to face the surging pandemic, the federal agency that needs to green light the beginnings of the transition of power held off on taking that step. And the White House moved to crack down on those not deemed sufficiently loyal as Trump continued to refuse to concede the race.

Top Republicans largely refused to put widespread pressure on Trump to accept his election loss. He remained out of sight at the White House, conversations ongoing about how the defeated president would spend the coming days and weeks as he challenged the people’s verdict.
    Trump is not expected to formally concede but is likely to grudgingly vacate the White House at the end of his term, according to several people around him. He was in discussion with top allies about the possibility of more campaign-style rallies as he tries to keep his supporters fired up despite his defeat. It was possible they would feature his family and top supporters but not the president himself.
    Adding to the sense of uncertainty, the General Services Administration held off on formally beginning the transition, preventing Biden’s teams from gaining access to federal agencies. An agency spokesperson said late Monday that an “ascertainment” on the winner of the election had not yet been made. Citing what the agency did during the extended 2000 electoral recount, it signaled that it may not do so until Trump concedes or the Electoral College meets next month.

Across government, there were signs of a slowdown.

In weekly Monday morning all-hands phone calls for Midwest-based employees of the Environmental Protection Agency, mid-level administrators responded to questions about the transition by telling staffers they had no information yet, said Nicole Cantello, an agency employee and president of the Chicago local of a union representing EPA workers.

Up to Friday, at least, EPA employees told agency retirees that the agency’s political appointees were refusing to discuss any transition, saying they were sure Trump would be reelected.

A senior administration official said presidential personnel director John McEntee, the president’s former personal aide, has sent word to departments that they should terminate any political appointees seeking new work for now. Another official said the warning was not seen as likely to result in any firings but rather meant to reinforce to staff that they should not act counter to Trump while he refuses to concede. Those officials and others who were not authorized to discuss internal policies or describe private discussions requested anonymity.
    Some senior officials have tried to make the case that Trump should turn his efforts to cementing his legacy, but they are wary of being labeled disloyal for even thinking it.
    Aides said there were two camps at the White House: those who have already accepted the outcome and those who are still working through it and pushing Trump to keep fighting. Staffers don’t know in which camp their officemates reside and those who are looking ahead to new work are fearful of being branded as disloyal.
    This is really garbage strong man stuff.

Couscous on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

One comfort would be they know the military sided with Biden in the election. They might be okay risking a civil war, but a civil war where the military is not in their side?

-Loki- on
  • ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular

The endgame to all of this is absolutely going to be the White House straight up asking the Supreme Court to discard several states' worth of results and unilaterally declare Trump the winner of the election because reasons. I mean, I'm not betting vital organs on that succeeding any more than their more local attempts at the same, but that demand is absolutely going to wind up in front of the court in the next days or weeks.

That said I'm pretty sure their successfully making that case would swiftly transport the continent from the chapter of the history book whose title starts with "Events Leading To" and into the chapter where there's a lot of maps with arrows drawn on them. There's a limit to what people will roll over for, and I'm pretty sure for the US just Kemping a federal election retroactively is over that line.

• GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    White House reporter for @Ap:

NEW: The Trump administration threw the presidential transition into tumult, with AG Barr authorizing probes of allegations of voter fraud and President Trump firing the Pentagon chief and blocking government officials from cooperating with Biden’s team
    So the only reason the government doesn't consider this an attempted coup is because the government wants to pretend it isn't one, right?

They're not technically required to yet, so technically that is still just being sore losers.

This discussion has been closed.