As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Hi there, chaosbringer, this is my wishlist post.
    My amazon list has some random stuff on it like "Rubik's" cubes I could enjoy with my son, some motion sensing light switches to add to some of our rooms, or a bunch of PS5 stuff I'll want if I'm able to get a hold of one to offset the cost of getting started. Edit: I got one ordered!!

The gift cards could go toward that as well, or something like Hades on Switch. PC-wise, I've heard good things about Battletech and Gears Tactics.

But you can go off list if you like, it is the YEAR OF CHAOS after all. If you like to bake or have regional treats, my family likes just about anything, no allergies. I'm not really into beer anymore, but I like scotch and whiskey.

I'll try to think of some more things but hopefully that gives you some options. Thank you in advance, and happy holidays!

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well, shit. Was hoping to be able to participate this year, but... well, things are a little wonky in the ol' Rankenphile household these days, so I'm gunna have to abstain.

8406wWN.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Well, shit. Was hoping to be able to participate this year, but... well, things are a little wonky in the ol' Rankenphile household these days, so I'm gunna have to abstain.

ah dang

hope all ends up well for you, man!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

@Rankenphile don’t forget! If you’re needing a little extra holiday cheer stop by Saints and sign up!

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Yeah! Let's go Saintcrank our full motherfuckin' hogs at Rankenphile!

Let's pile him so deep in presents he won't be able to breathe straight!

Yeah!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh shit I need to get off my ass and do this thing.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod

@Rankenphile don’t forget! If you’re needing a little extra holiday cheer stop by Saints and sign up!

Appreciate it, but it’s good. I’m not hurting for stuff, and am working to reduce the amount of clutter and junk I got around here anyway. I don’t sign up for satans to get stuff but to have someone to send fun shit to.

I’m just trying to tighten the belt and already got my hands full getting through the holidays is all.

8406wWN.png
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Hey Satan. Man oh man, is it that time of year again? Shit, this has been one hell of a year hasn't it? Seems like only last year when I was sending you the same copy/pasted message from the year before that, with the same basic suggestions for material goods to try and fill the existential void in my life. Man, how time flies!

For reals though, this has been a tough year. Lost my job, partner left me, and just last week wrecked my car. I can't even enjoy my usual shitposting in the wrestling threads. But I remain an unrepentant optimist in spite of all of that. I'm now the head brewer at a little brewery in Seattle (pay ain't great but it's an industry that I love). And I finally got my grandfather's old sony sound system working so I can listen to all my records again! And with that in mind!

Things I enjoy:

-Jazz, Heavy Metal, and Vinyl Records
    -Beer and Whisky
    -Home made baked goods
    -Leather Goods
    -Viking/Pagan Idolatry and Iconography
    -Books about interesting subjects/Anything I've heard about on NPR's Fresh Air

Attached are some wishlists, which I update regularly. You could pick anything from them at random and I'd probably be pretty stoked. Satan has been very generous in the past, and I know I'll enjoy anything you might bestow on me.

SAIL HATAN!!!

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
    One of my favorite things about satans is looking at other people’s wishlists and finding things I am also into.

@QuickSnap i am very proud of you for including that Probot LP. That album fucking rules.

8406wWN.png
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Hail Satan!

Hi, how are you? Well, I hope. First off thank so much for doing this! It's pretty awesome of you and should be a nice way for all of us to end a weird year. How about that 2020 am I right? Anyway, moving along.

I should start with saying that anything that you send is going to be great and deeply appreciated. You don't have to do this shit at all and yet here we are.

Bit about me:
    I'm a 40ish year old guy who lives in Los Angeles (sadly) with four cats (less sadly) and my partner. I work in the video game industry and that used to have me traveling all over the place which is awesome - I love to travel. Haven't been able to do that this much this year but if you've got ways of making travel more efficient/great - send them my way. Hell, if you love where you are or love a particular place a lot and want to share either of them with me go for it. Maps, trinkets, recipes for local dishes, spices that can't be found anywhere else - etc. You get the idea.

Speaking of, I'm pretty into cooking and am rather good at it. I'm pretty picky about the gear I use so I've listed a couple of things out on my wishlist, but in the meantime I'm also eyeballing the spoon set and tongs from these folks, and the left-handed turner from here, and . What would be great are ingredients or recipes that you love. I'll absolutely give them a shot and share the results! Oh oh! Maybe you like making things that are shippable? Bring it on. Just no peanuts please (it's not a deadly allergy so don't sweat it too much).

Other stuff I'm into:
    • Like I mentioned there are cats so stuff for them is great.
    • I use LEGO to relax and love ships in particular. If you're heading down this path have an elf check in to see what I have (just a few things from the Star Wars UCS).
    • Wine is something I love and travel for. I've got a solid collection, and my favorite stuff is from Valle De Guadalupe in Mexico and Paso Robles and Los Olivos in CA.
    • Whiskey/Whisky are way up on that list too...as is Mezcal actually. Though that one I don't know much about, but have been enjoying more and more of.
    • At this point I listen to more books than I actually have time to read - but the genre is mostly Fantasy and SciFi stuff, but if you've got one that you're itching to share of any style I will totally check it out. Recommend me some stuff!!
    • Hiking and camping is another big part of what I do so good gear is always welcomed.
    • Gaming: board games are great! PC games are great and I'm on Steam and Epic! I don't have either of the new consoles yet or a switch, but I do also have an xbox one and a ps4!
    • Ohoh! If you have a hobby or craft or anything I'd love to learn more about it and maybe it's a giftable thing and is awesome! Hell yea, share your awesome and I'll celebrate the fuck out of it. One of my very favorite items I own was actually made for me by a forumer who occasionally pops up from time to time. Usually about now for this very event. It's a blanket and I treasure it.
    • Tea over coffee always.

If you're not into the material: Donations to BLM, ACLU, or King Street Cats (where I got my two guys) are outstanding!

Here's my required wishlist, but let's be fair, Bezos doesn't need more cash. Most of the stuff on their can be found elsewhere, but if it's what makes it easy then don't sweat it at all.

I think that's about it, really. If you've got questions feel free to ask around or send an elf my way and I'll happily answer whatever I can. Either way, you're great and I love you.

DrZiplock on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    tynic wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    I made savory waffles this morning and threw some wattleseed and saltbush from Gewurzhaus in there and they were fucking awesome

We should do a camping trip in the Kimberleys one time living off bush tucker

*waves* hi yes please (once travel is permitted again and I can come home)

Aw hey I just was looking at Prince Regent National Park the other day while I was daydreaming about visiting WA.

Maybe... late next year..? Maybe??? Sigh.

Also wishlist updated, signature updated, realized because of the signature edit that I can maybe finally change my AV/signature now that el diablo naranja is on the way out!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have found what should be this year’s Shaq-Fu

https://burritopop.com/

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Here's my required wishlist, but let's be fair, Bezos doesn't need more cash. Most of the stuff on their can be found elsewhere, but if it's what makes it easy then don't sweat it at all.

I feel like this is a global sentiment, but still worth saying. Amazon is great for making lists, but don’t feel the need to buy from there.

And if you do, make sure to use Smile.Amazon so that a charity of your choice gets a few pennies from your purchase. You can do big ones like Child’s Play or local ones in your own town.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm trying out using Gift Hero as an alternative to Amazon wishlists - it's essentially the same sort of thing as the Amazon extension that lets you add items from anywhere

I don't know precisely how well it works yet as I just transferred over my Amazon wishlist in order to sign up for this, but it might be worth a try?

Perrsun wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »

I feel like this is a global sentiment, but still worth saying. Amazon is great for making lists, but don’t feel the need to buy from there.

And if you do, make sure to use Smile.Amazon so that a charity of your choice gets a few pennies from your purchase. You can do big ones like Child’s Play or local ones in your own town.

This post should also be in the Saints thread, esp. the part about giving Bezos more money.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I need to sign up this year.
    It's the first time I could since 2014, but I need it.

Reserving this post for a wishlist.

Wishlist:
    Hello Satan! I do hope this season finds you well.

I'm a 33 year old woman living in Canada. I'm an accountant and I spend most of my time playing video games and working, because this is a horrible nightmare year where doing anything in public and being around people in public is terrifying me.
    I have a PC which I'm pretty happy with, I think the details of it were posted in an SE Tech thread or an imp could help if you wanted the details. I like most RPG games, especially in the space and fantasy realms. I'm an absolute slut for Mass Effect, and also quite enjoy Dragon Age, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, and Assassin's Creed (I have Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla and a smattering of the older ones), to name a few off the top of my head.

I also have a PS4 and a Switch, no games from this year on either of them though. I play them less than the PC but I still enjoy them quite a bit.

I also have a Kobo e-reader I like using, but it's been a while since I found something new to explore. Some of what I've enjoyed were the Agent of Hel series, A song of Ice and Fire, Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, RA Salvatore stuff, the Tairen Soul series, the Hero series by Moira Moore, and the Raine Benares series.

I have an adorable black cat, Omen, who is ten years old now, and anything for her would also be super appreciated. Also pretty much any cat related apparel would also be exceptional.

I've been attempting to improve my health, from walking, jogging, and stationary bike, but I haven't included much weight training with that.

I'd say about 80% of my shirts/sweaters/jewelry are video game, achievement hunter, or tv show references. I also really like bright and pretty casual dresses. I'll be adding some to my wishlist to give you an idea of what I like. Especially in terms of colours, purple, blue, red, black are my favourites. I'm not big on earth tones.
    Odds are my sizing on any particular clothing options would be in the 2xl range.

If there's anything special you'd like to highlight about your local area, I'd love if you wanted to share that!

(I'm pretty continually updating these wishlists)
    Amazon wishlist can be found here
    Etsy wishlist (I think this works?): here
    Steam Wishlist here

I'm rambling right now, I'm sorry Satan. I'll probably be coming back to this post several times to tweak it and make it more..useful.

<3

Psykoma on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

this is bad and I resent you for making me aware of it

#pipe wrote: »

1mQrr5Pm.jpg
    tXFiCtJm.png
    Aqyt74bm.jpg
    HrqCEEtm.jpg

I accept this

Brolo wrote: »

1mQrr5Pm.jpg
    tXFiCtJm.png
    Aqyt74bm.jpg
    HrqCEEtm.jpg

You can't fool me, this a LoadingReadyRun skit!

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I would happily accept either of those devices

• Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    Hello Satans! Love this time of year! I will edit this post as things change. I’ve included a link to my Amazon list as well.
    About me....I am a nurse and an educator, so dealing with COVID this past year has been pretty stressful to say the least. I am also in school finishing up my degree to become a Nurse Practitioner so my life has been pretty busy as of late. But I graduate in May, so I’m excited about that.

I don’t need clothing items, although I really enjoy medical humor shirts (size 2xl) if that’s something that interests you.

Homemade items are always a treat, no allergies or dislikes except melon and avocados 🤢 I love peppermint, chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, and any combination of those.

I play video games when I am not studying, I have a switch and like girly games. I can give you a list of the games I have if you would like.

I’m a dog lover, I have 2 dobermans, 2 chihuahuas, and 2 mix breeds..... as well as cats. They are my babies.

I’m a cross stitcher and am always looking for nerdy/video game/movie themed patterns.

I am an FSU football fan and alumni (American college football). Always love that stuff 😀

I collect snowmen for the holidays, ladybugs, and crazy lawn ornaments (I have a Godzilla statue eating gnomes)

If you need more ideas just reach out! I’m actually a very simple person, it doesn’t take much to make my day!

I’m excited to get started again!

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/LD3PTOACCKZ1?ref_=wl_share

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hello all!

I am you're friendly forum imp!

Do you have a question for your target? Or your Satan? Do you need some clarifications, or to warm about being away for a period?

Let me know and I can pass the message along! This is my joy and my directive!

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I am a sign-up!

Okay here's wish list stuff.
    Wish list links:
    wish list
    Steam wishlist
    Etsy wishlist

For house things: I have a small mid-century house where I have leaned hard into the mid-century look inside. I don't have much on the walls, and I could do with some cabint-organizing things like pullout shelf stuff and what not. I love plants. Love, love indoor plants. And those funky mid-century plant stands. If you're feeling wild, I have my eyes out for a used rear-tine tiller. Whoo.
    For me things: I play piano and guitar. I could use some restocking of piano music.
    I'm a big reader and a high school English teacher. I’m always looking for more books for my classroom library. Interesting local authors are always fun for me. I'm a cross-genre reader, for the most part. Definitely been delving into more sci-fi lately.
    I love music. Again pretty cross genre. I'm mostly digital on the music, but I do have my eye on a couple of retro record players, and that would be fun.
    Ummmm. I have a ps2, ps4, an xbox one, a wiiU, and a Switch. I'll throw some games on my Amazon list of things I don't have. I do play on Steam, but I have a Macbook with no Windows partition right now, so that does limit me.
    I love nerd shirts. Especially book nerd shirts. I love getting crafty, handmade things. I love Doctor Who, Harry Potter (but no official gives-money-to-terf-face-Rowling merchandise, please), and Charlotte Bronte.
    I’d love to add to the nerdy badges on my teacher bag. So there's that
    If you're really feeling the money burning a hole in your pocket, I could use some class sets of Fahrenheit 451, Things Fall Apart, The Crucible or The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet.

This whole list seems random. haha. I'm a turbo-nerd English teacher who plays games and listens to NPR on the way to school. Go wild with that, I guess. :-D
    No: lacy, flowery, flower-scented, nsfw, or like stuffed animal stuff.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    G&T santa just scolded us that our wishlist posts suck so now my homework is checking out this thread and learning how it is you get good at telling people what you like

G&T santa just scolded us that our wishlist posts suck so now my homework is checking out this thread and learning how it is you get good at telling people what you like

My wishlist is a list of stuff I see and think, “oh that’d be cool” so it’s loaded with everything from $5 stupid shit to $1500 gaming computers and stuff.

Please share with us your findings.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

I just politely suggested! I was reviewing the spreadsheet (and also trying to figure out what I should write), when I was noticing that some santa's are going to have a harder time than others.

PSN: jfrofl
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I initially thought I'd missed the deadline, but even with the extra day I'm going to skip this year. I am in a spot where I don't really need anything right now so I think I'll focus on the giving part and stick with Saints.

I, for one, welcome our brothers and sisters from distant and strange lands and look forward to sharing our culture, wishlists, and ShaqFu.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Also for the G&T folks to know the glory of the imp!

Which is me. I'm glorious.

This is the most confident I ever feel about myself ever.

lonelyahava on
    Deservedly so though.

Remember, today is the LAST day to sign up! Signups close at midnight!

Hey, @Brolo, is the list on the first page updated? Want to be sure that I didn't goof the email.

it is now! You're on it!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, looks like maybe I did goof the email then. Let me give that another shot.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I wasn't gonna do this but now I have a job for the next few weeks and clearly the most responsible thing to do with that income is buy presents for a stranger on the internet.

Will update this post with wishlist stuff very soon, but it's bedtime and I only just decided to sign up

Hail satan!

Quick edit to add my current Amazon wishlist. I will do a better ideas post, this is just so I don't incur Brolo's festive wrath by not having a list here yet.

(Just a note in case you did end up getting something from that list - the t-shirt for some reason is only showing up in the list as women's XXL no matter what I select. I actually wear men's M.)

Nov 25 edit: Apologies Satan, I have been really slack with updating this post. Been having a hard time trying to think up things I want to be honest. I have now hopefully fixed the link to my Amazon list, though you might not find it very inspiring, sorry. The one other specific thing I can think of is a pair of binoculars to replace the ones my nephew dropped and broke, they were 12x50 which I found a good size for bird/wildlife viewing.

I'm into gardening, plants, the outdoors, etc. Also food and cooking. I am getting more into knitting and crochet. I play games on PC and have an okay machine, my favourites tend to be adventure, puzzle, and western/action RPGs. I like non-fiction books. If it's a good book I'll enjoy reading about basically any subject, especially history and science/nature.

I have always loved the personal gifts from previous Satans. If you have the time and inclination to craft, draw, build or otherwise create something that would be amazing. Snacks or candies that you like or which are representative of your home are a thing which I always enjoy. You could send me a book you like or your favourite film on DVD. Or just a postcard or something.

Maybe you'd like to save on hassle and postage, in which case you could make a charity donation on my behalf. Charities I support or have supported in the past include Survival International, GiveDirectly, the Against Malaria Foundation, and WildAid. If you sent some money in the direction of any of these that would be extremely cool and handsome of you!

I hope these are sufficient ideas to make things easy for you. Thanks again Satan!

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    I wasn't gonna do this but now I have a job for the next few weeks and clearly the most responsible thing to do with that income is buy presents for a stranger on the internet.

Will update this post with wishlist stuff very soon, but it's bedtime and I only just decided to sign up

Hail satan!

please send an email to secretsatans2020@gmail.com in the next ~7 hours if you're gonna!

same goes for you, @Straightzi !

Just sent it - let me know if I'm still not getting through for some reason.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Yeah same, I sent one just when I wrote that post