As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.

t1rxw8goxoya.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Finished the second mission, this shit is BOPPIN

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Experienced a wee bit, enough to see my Golden Eagle Warlock Ghost bob and wiggle like a goofy puppet.

Shot some things, had the ever intrusive triumph banner obscure half my screen, then got hit with the Anteater + Weasel 1-hit Combo.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    petition to call this thread Beyond Thunderdome

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Beyond Light: Out Now! Playable... eventually? i dunno just give it a try and see if it likes you.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I’m in a queue that just keeps rising by itself making an infinite loop, my friend got back in immediately of course.

Sigh.

Sirialis on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    It definitely needed it, the servers were melting

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh so uh, this queue I'm in isn't going to do anything is it, huh.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

I've got a streamer open and his queue was in the hundreds a minute ago. Now it's in the 2000s. So uhh, at least yours isn't going up?

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh good, by the time I get home from work the servers might let me play!

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Kyanilis wrote: »

I've got a streamer open and his queue was in the hundreds a minute ago. Now it's in the 2000s. So uhh, at least yours isn't going up?

yeah when i got kicked the queue was all over the place. am back in now and things are running pretty smooth so far.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »

Oh mine's been ping ponging around.

Characters
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Is there light beyond light? Or is it all just queue timers?

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    the werid bit is i'm in game and everything is fine for me?

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Oh, that tweet about extended maintenance was clarified to be extended background maintenance.

So you can still login, just slowly.

Characters
    so Stasis powers are going to take some getting used to. not sure how i feel about them yet.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Title screen music is scary now!

H9f4bVe.png
    so you can still only hold one Exotic Cipher, that's kinda bullshit.

Couple missions in spoilers
    tried to take on the first boss, got him to 1/3rd health despite being way too LL and finally gave up and went to the Tower to collect my vault scrapings. Infused a few things up so I can use not crummy gear. I'm so close to my stasis powers I can taste it. The preview is so mean, having to keep playing to Actually Unlock them. Game looks and runs fantastic on the Series X, even if it's not the shiny new version yet.

Also, missing my Flawless title! Its happened before and they've fixed it but annoying to see it's gone again

Couple missions in spoilers
    tried to take on the first boss, got him to 1/3rd health despite being way too LL and finally gave up and went to the Tower to collect my vault scrapings. Infused a few things up so I can use not crummy gear. I'm so close to my stasis powers I can taste it. The preview is so mean, having to keep playing to Actually Unlock them. Game looks and runs fantastic on the Series X, even if it's not the shiny new version yet.

yeah i bounced of that boss. think i'm ready to head back in for another go but damn it really kills to momentum to have to step away from the campaign to gear up.

Also, missing my Flawless title! Its happened before and they've fixed it but annoying to see it's gone again

check in the 'Legacy' section, press down then at Triumphs, seems there's a legacy and current version of the seal.

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Upgrading your ghost shell is super cheap, which is cool. I assumed it would cost a ton of mats because fuck you.

But the removal of generic heavy weapon and special ammo finders sucks baaaaallllllllssss. What a terrible decision. It'd feel less shitty if the game wasn't so stingy with it.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

And be very careful. There's at least one triumph for having a bunch of exotics that gives you one. If you already have one in inventory or the vault, it just vanishes because fuck you.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Also I finally got Not Forgotten. Never thought I'd finish that quest, but after so much grinding it's finally over.

I bought it from the vendor.

shryke on
    shryke wrote: »

And be very careful. There's at least one triumph for having a bunch of exotics that gives you one. If you already have one in inventory or the vault, it just vanishes because fuck you.

i haven't been able to pop that Triumph because i have a cipher in my inventory.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular

i haven't been able to pop that Triumph because i have a cipher in my inventory.

Same. Though I just spent my other one from the memorial mission on heir apparent, I was hoping I could use that triumph as storage.

ronzo wrote: »

Same. Though I just spent my other one from the memorial mission on heir apparent, I was hoping I could use that triumph as storage.

yeah think the first thing i'll pick up is Jotun, so that the next time someone says "just use Jotun" i can post i video of me scrapping it.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »

yeah think the first thing i'll pick up is Jotun, so that the next time someone says "just use Jotun" i can post i video of me scrapping it.

Fuck Jotun forever.

I took a few weeks off, between work and that general distraction that was the election, so it feels good to log in again.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    So there's a pile of new content but fuck that I'm going to the Cosmodrome! Spent an hour tooling around, the loot cave! (with golden chest) Randal and his pet shank! Warsat public events that happen directly in between where warring factions collide! It's a good time. Those knights in the cave right at the start? Didn't kill me, and yeah, they're totally ?? level. I went back to take a screenshot for laughs, then they killed me, good times! I saw a few ghosts up for res down there.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    So there's a pile of new content but fuck that I'm going to the Cosmodrome! Spent an hour tooling around, the loot cave! (with golden chest) Randal and his pet shank! Warsat public events that happen directly in between where warring factions collide! It's a good time. Those knights in the cave right at the start? Didn't kill me, and yeah, they're totally ?? level. I went back to take a screenshot for laughs, then they killed me, good times! I saw a few ghosts up for res down there.

Tooling around the Cosmodrome made me so happy. It's also gorgeous.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    FINALLY
    Killed Erasmis or whatever her name and got my Stasis power. My hands hurt from 6 hours of non stop Destiny. Time for a break.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I need help understanding the structure of D2's expansions and stuff, it seems a la carte and rather expensive? Do the old expansions have relevant content locked behind them? Why do they still charge a lot for them?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Idk how you would even do some of the old expansions at this point

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Oh man, I knew about the 60 fps, but apparently crucible is going to be able to hit 120 on series x.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I need help understanding the structure of D2's expansions and stuff, it seems a la carte and rather expensive? Do the old expansions have relevant content locked behind them? Why do they still charge a lot for them?

3 expansions, each is entirely separate. They each have their own story campaign, exotic gear, and side quests, plus a raid. The exotic weapons and armor and the raids, are relevant, but i think the campaigns are cool too. Also, buying Forsaken or Shadowkeep unlicks the third ability tree for each subclass, giving you new supers and abilities.

Forsaken is expensive because its big, with one of the best Destiny campaigns and one of the best raids, though they really should drop the price now that a bunch of content from it got vaulted.
    Shadowkeep is not worth $40.
    Jury is still out on Beyond Light, but since it comes with a 4th subclass for each class signs point to "buy this." You actually just missed a big sale on Steam, Forsaken was $15 and Shadowkeep was $17.50.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    FINALLY
    Killed Erasmis or whatever her name and got my Stasis power. My hands hurt from 6 hours of non stop Destiny. Time for a break.

Any big story beats in the campaign?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Well, there's one Guardian who's happy to see Stasis pop up at the Tower:
    It was the morning of the new Crucible season when the shout echoed through the Tower.

Master Rahool flinched, fumbling his engram.

Commander Zavala looked up from his desk.

Kadi 55-30 hurried to steady a haphazard pile of shipments.

In the Hangar, a flock of well-fed pigeons took wing.

"THEY ARE THROWING NEW GRENADES!"

edited November 2020
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    FINALLY

Any big story beats in the campaign?

Yeah.

Beeg spoilers inside
    It's revealed towards the end the Stranger came from another timeline where, when offered the Darkness, the guardians abandoned the Light and went full evil. She's relieved to see you can balance the Light and Dark without the Dark overtaking us, like it does to the Fallen House featured in the campaign.

It's got some good Fallen/Vex lore, the Stranger finally has time to explain, and Zavala seems cool with it as long as we don't stay out past 10

My pet theory is the "bad" timeline is actually the original scrapped story for D1, since a lot of stuff from that scrapped script has since made its way back into the game.

Local H Jay on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    cool.
    is there much effort to explain why if she came from the darkness timeline she's so willing to stasis it up?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii