As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    my big hope is that they eventually arrive at a eureka/bozja that is fun to play solo

it's so hard to earn anything if you're not group grinding

liEt3nH.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    my big hope is that they eventually arrive at a eureka/bozja that is fun to play solo

it's so hard to earn anything if you're not group grinding

Level resistance rank isn't too bad but yeah, you'll get jack shit for drops.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Miqo'te
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Cormac wrote: »
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    The fast way of farming Clusters/Memories is to have an 8 person group split between area 1 and 2 (healer, tank, dps in each group). Pull all of the Garlean enemies/robots each pull you can and aoe them down. The pulls are fairly constant and the memories drop quite often. Ideally, there's another group doing the same and you can even put 1-2 people in the north area 3. So long as you get some tags you can also leech some drops off the north group's efforts. With constant pulls, you are going to be getting oodles of memories and clusters. In about 1 hour I got about 200 clusters and a couple dozen different memories.

My RNG must be terrible because that's what I was doing for multiple hours on multiple days. Swimming in clusters but only 10 Bitter Memories. :(

Bitter memories might be worse there because they have a much lower drop rate. How many were you getting of the fate memory sets?

I stopped farming the Heavensward fates once I got the 80/80/80 that I needed for four relics. Everything I read said that the only methods to get Bitter Memories was Antitower farming (or insert X Heavensward dungeon) or Bozjan farming with Bozjan apparently being more efficient/faster when grouped in a party.

It's entirely possible that the groups I was in were farming the wrong mobs but we were in the right areas according the the maps on Reddit. The quest is active so it's not something as simple as that it just seems that my RNG is godawful. Maybe I'll go in for an hour or so this week, try and hit rank 10, and see if my luck is better then. Can't say I'm looking forward to going back in though (not that anyone other than myself is forcing me to).

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Au'ra
    Eh, rank 10 and clearing Castrum is almost certainly going to be a prerequisite for something.

Castrum allows you to wipe though and keep trying, it's pretty easy - maybe a slight notch above your usual 24 man stuff because of a couple mechanics.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Viera
    reaching rank 10 and clearing castrum once is absolutely gating further story progress in the bozja storyline, since that is the capstone of the currently existing story

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Abandoned-estate demolition due to resume with Patch 5.4. No idea how many plots of land will go back on the market, but probably at least a few.
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6fe5afe2839f048620e05b57ab59e617ed4dac8a

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Abandoned-estate demolition due to resume with Patch 5.4. No idea how many plots of land will go back on the market, but probably at least a few.
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6fe5afe2839f048620e05b57ab59e617ed4dac8a

Perhaps, finally, it might be my time to shine...

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    I appreciate that they gave an alternative route to relic weapons for people who didn't want to do bozja

but the alternative is so easy and trying to do the relics through bozja fucking sucks

it's the opposite of what it should be!

Well, not the opposite. Rather than either one sucking, I think both options should not suck.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    What good is my fucking squadron?
    They're all between lvl 27 and 30 and they've failed a lvl 10 mission about eight times. Am I missing something?

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What good is my fucking squadron?
    They're all between lvl 27 and 30 and they've failed a lvl 10 mission about eight times. Am I missing something?

Probably, yeah. Did you select the right stat distribution and did you select the right squad members to get high enough stats in at least 2 categories?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I have only just realized it is telling me the required stats, so, thank you for that

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Au'ra
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/ce4817e40972c75ee911073290d997a236be3a2f
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part LXI
    Date & Time

Friday, November 27, 2020 at 3:00 a.m. (PST)
    * Starting time is subject to change.
    URL

* Details coming soon.
    * Please note that the audio will be available in Japanese only.

Show Details

Patch 5.4 Preview Part 2

Miscellaneous Updates

Donnicton on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I'm off the WoW and of course my thoughts immediately turned to, "Maybe I should give that FFXIV thing a try again."

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Hi yes why does Square not let me use a card for subscriptions and only gives me options for Steam Wallet which is a huuuuge pain in the ass run-around?

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Henroid wrote: »
    Hi yes why does Square not let me use a card for subscriptions and only gives me options for Steam Wallet which is a huuuuge pain in the ass run-around?

Looks like a bug based on how you’re linked to mog station: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2q2yhm/bought_ff14_on_steam_seems_the_only_way_i_can_pay/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Hyur
    I'm getting an error code for the Steam Wallet that matches the error code I'm getting for trying to buy "Crysta" or whatever the fuck. Error Code: i2501

I looked it up and the top answer is "the credit card company suspects suspicious activity" which doesn't make sense, with further answers being... VPN related. AWESOME JUST RAD this is a lot of hoops to jump through and maybe I won't.

edited November 2020
    Viera
    "Don't click the link from the FF14 Launcher: it appends an extra "issteam=1" to the URL for the mogstation...

If you've already been to the issteam=1 URL, you need to either clear your cookies or open the mogstation in a different browser/incognito session, and remove the issteam=1 from the URL. You will now see other payment options like regular credit cards.

I do that all the time, bought the game through Steam but always pay with credit card using this trick."

that sounds like it will fix your issue

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Hyur
    Okay the incognito mode thing worked.

What a stupid website design flaw.

Hyur
    I bought Shadowbringers last night but the Hrothgar and Viera are still locked out at character creation for me.

Viera
    That's weird. Try finding your product CD keys in steam, taking the one for shadowbringers and see if you can feed that to your square enix account page on the mogstation web site.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Hyur
    Siiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh yes I had to manual enter the fucking product key.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the good news is that now you can be a bunny girl

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias
    PiptheFair wrote: »

the bad news is you can't wear hats.

steam_sig.png
    Hyur

I don't like hats or headgear in games like this anyway. I customize my characters so I can see them and think "yeah, that's cool," not to have it hidden by all the gear.

Au'ra

I don't like hats or headgear in games like this anyway. I customize my characters so I can see them and think "yeah, that's cool," not to have it hidden by all the gear.

There is headgear that works with them, but it's heavily things like glasses, or the various summoner horns, etc. that don't cover much of the head.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Summoner Horn with a pompadour. Have a narwhal on your head.

Hyur
    Enlong wrote: »
    Summoner Horn with a pompadour. Have a narwhal on your head.
    Wouldn't that be a Summoner Tooth?

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Miqo'te
    Hats in this aren’t bad because I put on a plate helm and suddenly it has room for my kitty ears

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Viera
    the steam store version of 14 seems extra poorly integrated with steam, like they just barely bolted on the ability to buy expansion CD-keys on steam and pay your sub with steam wallet funds and that's it

BahamutZERO.gif
    Polaritie wrote: »

There is headgear that works with them, but it's heavily things like glasses, or the various summoner horns, etc. that don't cover much of the head.
    Luckily, I like the look of hair ribbon + ponytail with almost any outfit here.
    LN658k5.jpg

Viera
    I wish that ribbon wasn't an $18 cash shop set item lol

BahamutZERO.gif
    Flower Crown is only $3 and that also works on all races.
    4CZomnl.jpg

Hyur
    It's been a couple years since I've played but Archer sure is boring as hell. My only other experience is with Warrior, Monk, Lancer, Rogue, and Black Mage. They were all pretty interesting (some of those in similar respects). But lordy Archer is like... "I hope you like these 3 buttons." Not that I want two dozen to push eventually.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    The account management stuff in this game is like, astoundingly bad. Bafflingly bad. They go out of their to way to make first impressions as bad as possible

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    It's been a couple years since I've played but Archer sure is boring as hell. My only other experience is with Warrior, Monk, Lancer, Rogue, and Black Mage. They were all pretty interesting (some of those in similar respects). But lordy Archer is like... "I hope you like these 3 buttons." Not that I want two dozen to push eventually.

you unlock more pretty quickly when you get bard

Viera

I have the same experience, it DOES get pretty fun at 80 but most of the way there I was not feeling it like I was other jobs.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    part of the problem is that they redesign the jobs with each expansion, and their progression along with it, but they don't want to make each expansion increasingly complicated, so roughly the same number of abilities and traits get stretched over ten more levels each time, meaning new players often have to wait a bit longer for kits to really start coming together

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm pretty sure Bard as one of the highest actions per minute in max level content but getting there takes *a while.*

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Yeah Archer is probably the class that got hit the hardest by skill pruning/level learned changes.

There's like a solid 12 levels between like 18 and 30 where the only new thing you get is the passive "do more damage" trait every class gets.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Hyur
    The levels are going by fast at least. In the few hours I've dumped in I'm already almost level 21, outleveling the story content. So it's not biggie on the difficulty-of-leveling side.

This discussion has been closed.