As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    How's everyone feel about the Stasis subclass so far?

Only tried Hunter, it's very fun but definitely an adjustment to play as. I feel like it's really gonna open up once you can mix and match powers, which I haven't gotten to yet.

The grenade is super interesting, and has a few different properties. You can freeze enemies in it, shoot them out of it for extra damage, and when you destroy the ice block it damages things nearby. I was combining the grenade with a Telesto blast to create a tripmine for enemies to walk into. You can also use the grenade for cover in a pinch, and trap bosses in specific spots with it. Best part.

The shurikens are fun but like the fan blade melee, it has a learning curve. Really fun melee builds to be had. They just feel piddly, but when you actually nail a ricochet it feels nice because it's earned.

Super is a slower Blade Barrage animation, with an AoR tornado that chases down enemies. It's fun? But easy to whiff into a wall or ceiling.

So far, 8/10 kit. Doesn't touch top tree nightstalker yet, but we'll see how it goes later on when we can all start making unique builds.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I wonder how random some of the planet materials needed for the Exotics kiosk are. Both the Izanagi's Burden and the Scourge Of The Past Sparrow need Spinmetal, the Cosmodrome's material. I wouldn't make much of it except at least one of the new Izanagi's Burden-themed items in Eververse has a quote from Shaw Han. It makes me think that maybe whenever they reintroduce the Armory and Ada, they'll be connected to that location and Shaw somehow?

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I wonder how random some of the planet materials needed for the Exotics kiosk are. Both the Izanagi's Burden and the Scourge Of The Past Sparrow need Spinmetal, the Cosmodrome's material. I wouldn't make much of it except at least one of the new Izanagi's Burden-themed items in Eververse has a quote from Shaw Han. It makes me think that maybe whenever they reintroduce the Armory and Ada, they'll be connected to that location and Shaw somehow?

The Black Armory's main base of operation was Earth, so that makes sense. As far as the materials, they probably just wanted people to not be able to instantly purchase the stuff with thousands and thousands of saved up destination materials they already had.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I like not having seasonal stuff start immediately since it means not doubling uo on base Beyond Light with seasonal grind.

Then they should’ve bundled it or not let you buy it until next week.

Because if you have the season but not dlc it’s a super weird experience

And while that sounds crazy, anyone who is switching consoles this generation and hasn’t gotten their new console yet would be in that boat

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Finished the main story, sort of. Not really spoilers, but:
    It does seem to continue afterward the expected end of course. Got NTTE from Elsie and working the catalyst now, it seems pretty decent and the little drone that shoots with you is really effective, It one shots Hobgoblins and such. Catalyst makes it fire more often, but i'm a good ways off from completing it.

Warlock Stasis seems boring so far. Super: LM to freeze, RM to do big damage to the frozen, repeat over and over. I dunno, looks like there's more to open but slinging Nova Bombs feels like the way to go, or Kamehameha of course. The grenades are sorta keen, I've not really made an effort to use them to climb stuff. I can use them the funnel enemies, or I could just drop a void grenade and well, funnel them into the grave. IDK, so far not super compelling.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

not particularly thrilled with the Titan sub-class so far. kinda feels like i'm just flailing all over the place. gonna give it some time and see if i can a better handle on how things work and what its like once i can start modifying it, but so far its pretty lacklustre.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Anyone able to help me with a boss on PS4? Got him low and died and want to smash my TV so would appreciate help. I'm LL 1130.
    Technomancer

Edit: Got it solo by changing my LL gear to 1135 instead of 1130. Cakewalk with that one change. That's honestly really frustrating. Anyway.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Minor complaint: it tells me to "Press" V to break out of a stasis.

This is a lie.

It's "Hold" V.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Man. The fact this game feels so different and actually requires some attention when under leveled tells me they should do something to make that available at all times witu increased reward. Like the way D1 let you

Cause that first dlc mission (not the one everyone can do to open up the game) was actually challenging.

I died twice towards the end of a long, challenging darkness zone.

Reminded me of d1 launch as opposed to d2 recently where I just dodge punch everything with liars handshake and am a god of destruction

616610-1.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    It says Long Press B, on Xbox.

Just got a random exotic from killing a minotaur!! My mind reels in those few seconds, it could be the new exotic!

Run over and grab it... lucky raspberry

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    They didn't update the moon to drop anything higher light level.

I know they want you to buy new DLC, but

1) Fucks over people who have bought the old DLC
    2) Annihilates a large portion of why anyone should buy something like Shadowkeep anyways. Now all you get are a few exotics, a raid, and some really underwhelming store missions? The loot will be worthless.

Also running into a bug where when I open the Vault in the tower it crashes my game. Happened twice now. Atleast DIM is working again

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

not particularly thrilled with the Titan sub-class so far. kinda feels like i'm just flailing all over the place. gonna give it some time and see if i can a better handle on how things work and what its like once i can start modifying it, but so far its pretty lacklustre.

I'm not really sure what point the Titan stasis subclass has. The grenade is fine but "tall head level shield that blocks attacks" is already in the class toolkit. The melee is slow and wonky and doesn't track very well and doesn't feel rewarding to use and aside from using it as a jump mobility tool I'm not sure why you'd ever intentionally use it in a fight. The super doesn't seem to be good at doing damage or controlling space or moving or supporting or doing anything it just feels like a crappy version of other Titan roaming supers.

As the cherry on top of this particular poop-flavored sundae, very few Titan exotics have any synergy with the stasis subclass. Synthoceps? No. Hallowfire? Nope! Innermost Light? Not really. Dunemarchers? Nope! MK44s? Not that you'd ever use them anyways, but they don't ever work with stasis. Your exotic armor choices with stasis are Stronghold for swords, Actium for rifles, and Armamentarium for using an extra mediocre grenade to clear ability-based quests faster.

Maybe the Titan subclass gets significantly better after additional unlocks, but for now the only reason to use it is to complete quests that specifically require stasis ability kills. Its a stinker.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    They didn't update the moon to drop anything higher light level.

I know they want you to buy new DLC, but

1) Fucks over people who have bought the old DLC
    2) Annihilates a large portion of why anyone should buy something like Shadowkeep anyways. Now all you get are a few exotics, a raid, and some really underwhelming store missions? The loot will be worthless.

It's really, really confusing that SK/Undying isn't part of the weapons that stayed in. It would shore up so many missing archetypes if it had

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Ah are we doing another round of Warlocks OP again?
    Peen wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    I ground the lost sector for an hour and ended the night at 1198, it's worth your time for sure.

which lost sector?

Widow's Walk. You can run it end to end in ~1 minute, the boss drops a legendary every time and the chest has a drop sometimes too. I put the way I did it in a spoiler below but any tryhard PvE setup will work.
    Bottom tree Sunbreaker with Phoenix Cradle, weapons were Witherhoard/Vorpal SMG/Falling Guillotine. My path was run into the room, punch the first dreg to get Sun Warrior active, run past everything else, launch
    a Witherhoard on the hill and then use it and the SMG to melt the shanks and get the Nightmare buff, sword the boss down. It literally takes 30-45 seconds to run in and kill the important stuff, the rest of the time is sprinting in and out and a little bit of inventory management.
    ElementWrath the only stuff that is ever behind microtransactions are cosmetics and Bungie seems to have walked that back this season. The only stuff that affects the game is some items that you get from purchasing the season pass but that's pretty straightforward, you pay your $10 and you get to fully participate in the season.

I haven't gone on Reddit but I think people might be overreacting to the fact that it doesn't seem like world drops/Banshee/other vendor drops have changed so you can't dump tokens in the Tower and get all of the new guns. If people have datamined and have actually seen everything that's new and they're still mad then I take it back but I like that I'm discovering new guns as I play the game, I'd prefer it were that way.
    Maybe when December rolls around I'll jump in. New house, lots of work, and personal life is taking a lot of my time at the moment.

Thanks for the honest appraisal.

ElementWrath on
    Just got a second exotic, from a crucible match. Sixth Coyote, which I actually like! But ... Neatly identical roll somehow.

edited November 2020
    Something that the game doesn't tell you until i assume you fully unlock the stasis subclass, you can hold the melee button to charge the Titan's melee. It makes you fly further. Also, letting go of the button makes you punch.

It works like a projectile melee like throwing hammer or knives, you'll just do a regular melee if you're close, you have to be at a distance or airborne to get the ability to activate. Instead of throwing a projectile, you throw yourself.

Crippl3 on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Sunsetting still seems a terrible idea.

"But Bungie will make new guns to replace the ones sunset"

23 new guns in the yearly DLC that makes a ton of guns obsolete proved that to be false.

edited November 2020
    Sirialis wrote: »

23 new guns in the yearly DLC that makes a ton of guns obsolete proved that to be false.

“Also we’re still going to drop the guns we already sunset as part of your normal world drops”

ronzo on
    Nice, took down the first major BL-boss in one go.
    sbMuYclh.png

Sorry, my dude, but ice powers, a bajillion mooks and evaporating floors ain't enough against me, my own last-second ice powers and my trusty bug-powered elephant gun from the Moon. Still, nice try. GG.

Honestly, I would have been happier if they had just.....reissued all the Moon, Dreaming City, and Tangled shore weapons with a new 1410 badge. They totally fucked up sunsetting, they acted like BL was just another D2 expansion with all of the previous expansions loot coming in behind it.

Except it’s not, because Seasons 9, 10, and 11’s loot sources are just gone. There’s nothing to go back and do to get weapons that expire at 1260, or 1310, or 1360 outside of hoping for a lucky world drop. Armor is slightly better off, because the reduction in elemental affinity specific mods means that you really only need multiple pieces for certain warming cells or charged with light builds.

They used to do total vendor refreshes every expansion for D1, and there are still tons of Y1 guns and armor that haven’t been reissued under the bee systems yet. Wtf is Bungie doing over there?

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »

“Also we’re still going to drop the guns we already sunset as part of your normal world drops”

“Here is a bunch of specific weapon bounties for entire weapon classes that we sunset”

Ugh I’m hearing awful things about pvp with stasis. I think I’ll end up just playing the campaign and dipping unless something shocking happens

Disappointing.

My friends definitely ain’t coming back for this.

On the plus side, things load super duper fast

616610-1.png
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Main PvP complaint right now is Witherhoard being apparently bugged and doing crazy damage. Warlock stasis seems OP and Titan stasis seems shit, hunter stasis seems fine-ish.

The Witherhoard bug is a much bigger issue than stasis right now IMO.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    Yeah Warlock super just seems like Nova Warp all over again, but I haven't seen too many Witherhoards, and I don't find the Ice powers that annoying yet... Mostly because most people don't know how to use them at all.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yeah I imagine there will be a PVP learning since it is day 2. Lack of more items is disappointing but I will maintain hype at least until a (hopefully blind) Raid.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    After finishing the story with all 3 classes and getting Stasis for everyone, my initial reaction is I'm underwhelmed by all of them, but the Titan one is especially bad.
    Main PvP complaint right now is Witherhoard being apparently bugged and doing crazy damage. Warlock stasis seems OP and Titan stasis seems shit, hunter stasis seems fine-ish.

The Witherhoard bug is a much bigger issue than stasis right now IMO.

Witherhoard might also be bugged in PvE? So maybe that means they'll actually fix it?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Ugh I’m hearing awful things about pvp with stasis. I think I’ll end up just playing the campaign and dipping unless something shocking happens

Disappointing.

My friends definitely ain’t coming back for this.

On the plus side, things load super duper fast

I'd say give it a go yourself.

There's a LOT of salty salty people out there, and frankly, the destiny community is uh... Hypberloic is the nice way of putting it.

Statis in pvp is interesting. I think the warlock super may be a bit strong, but it's still a roaming super that's very vulnerable to being shut down in all the usual ways - and you still to freeze someone and THEN detonate them to actually kill people with it, rather than you know... just bonking em with an explosive throwing hammer or similar.

I'd say they could stand to speed up the breaking free, that's a bit long. But otherwise, you really are trading raw damage potential for control, and it's very whiffable.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    edited November 2020
    I think right now the major complaint is that it's freeze is near instant so it shuts down just about every other super, not unlike the previously OP dodge spam on Nova Warp

Local H Jay on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Real Mild Cosmodrome spoiler for D1 folks:
    Nice to see the over leveled room of EXTREME DEATH is still there. Shame you no long spawn right on top of it though. Was good joke.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

It was killing people in the pool pretty much instantly, something was bugged with it

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    That, and it kept doing damage even if they moved out of the pool.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Yeah Warlock super just seems like Nova Warp all over again, but I haven't seen too many Witherhoards, and I don't find the Ice powers that annoying yet... Mostly because most people don't know how to use them at all.

Ah we're doing Super OP Warlock Time again?

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    So I was exhausted after work yesterday and too tired to sink into the expansion.

That said I did have enough energy to run the Widow’s Walk cheese before it got nerfed, so I’ll be starting the campaign at soft cap.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    Dammmmn

Crucible gunna be 120fps on next gen

https://mobile.twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1326251939089309701?s=19

Crazy

Too bad they gave zero love to crucible content wise this year

616610-1.png
    Got my first Aspect, I can tell you I already prefer the stasis skill trees to the normal boring ones.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Reversed my prior decision about holding out for PS5 to play Beyond Light because my pre-order hasn't shipped yet despite "arriving tomorrow" and I had the day off.

I like it a lot so far.

Europa's surface doesn't seem like it's going to be a lot of fun to patrol, long-term, but I guess we'll see.

The campaign bosses are rough if you don't grind outside the campaign. But so far I've managed to sweat my way through, unlike Forsaken. There if I didn't grind shit was literally immune to damage. The first boss here took me 22 tries but I beat it eventually, god damn it. (I suck at Destiny)

I like that the exotics kiosk isn't just "trade in one of a pile of things you have to get a gun". The limit to one exotic cypher is sort of annoying right now but means you can't just stockpile ten stacks of the things in your vault, skip a year of the game, and buy all the guns on day one when you get back.

Wearing blue gear (or even just no-energy, no mods, random purples) makes ability regen so fucking painfull slow. I feel like I get my super faster with my good clothes on than I do my grenade in level-up rags.

Warlock stasis class feels really lame in PvE. I can see where it would be brutal in PvP. That super lasts for fucking ever if you don't shoot. In PvE I think I'd rather play literally any other subclass spec. Maybe the mod system will change my mind. Is there a non-wall grenade option I can unlock eventually?

Finally read through the collector's edition lore. That's some high-test Destiny good shit.

Lore spoilers
    So how much of this lore was written like 7 years ago? I can't recall when they first referred to Vex Milk as 'radiolarian fluid' but it was definitely a long-ass time ago and I'm pretty sure this is the first time they've explained why.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    I like that the exotics kiosk isn't just "trade in one of a pile of things you have to get a gun". The limit to one exotic cypher is sort of annoying right now but means you can't just stockpile ten stacks of the things in your vault, skip a year of the game, and buy all the guns on day one when you get back.

Plus it's also expensive. Glimmer-cost alone is around 125-150K. Protip for those that might not have noticed yet; you can get a free Exotic Cypher from one of the new Triumphs which is about actually owning Exotic stuff.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Kanden wrote: »
    Oh man, I knew about the 60 fps, but apparently crucible is going to be able to hit 120 on series x.

So is this destiny with the latest xpac? I might have a route to a series x and don't have anything to play really that's x optimised.

Then again I don't think my tv has hdmi 2.1 so not sure I'm gonna get the full series x experience

Anyone?