As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kata Zero [chat]

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    IIRC, you can't do the Save Malik section stealthily since it's instant red-detection mode. But you can do it non-lethally just with stun gun and tranq rifle.
    wait you can save malik?
    ... Did you seriously not know this? <_<

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    don't mix anything with psychedelics!

sheeeeeeit

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Katana Zero is a great game but also there should be a lot more of it

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Sign my petition to make the thread name Ka[chat]a Zero I refuse to post in here until it is fixed

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Yes, you can save Malik, and I did that fight many times until I managed it non-lethally.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

you're not my real dad, talking mailbox!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Katana Zero is a great game but also there should be a lot more of it

So it should be Tachi Zero

I’m installing Deus Ex MD now

My heart rate spiked just from opening this page of chat

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    candy flipping was very stupid but also it was a time when we thought happy hardcore was okay

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    If a game has a non-lethal achievement it should have a corresponding ultra-lethal achievement. Kill every killable character in the game.

nibXTE7.png
    edited November 2020
    Chanus wrote: »
    candy flipping was very stupid but also it was a time when we thought happy hardcore was okay

I mean

We did a lot of regrettable shit in the early 2000's

Like nu metal

jungleroomx on

There was never a time we thought happy hardcore was ok

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

I mean

We did a lot of regrettable shit in the early 2000's

Like nu metal

wearing distressed hats/shorts from A&F, pooka shells, and New Balance tennies

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    As a teenager driven entirely by hormones in the late 90s I won't listen to anyone talk shit about candy ravers.

nibXTE7.png
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    anybody remember Candies cologne/perfume?

It had pheromones in it!!!

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

There was never a time we thought happy hardcore was ok

excuse me hardcore will never die

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hard hitting video game journalism from Dr Sydnee McElroy here;

https://youtu.be/r69irzuSkQo
    "Why is it so heavy, honey?"
    "Well, I didn't make it babe"

AAAA

Oh brilliant
    anybody remember Candies cologne/perfume?

It had pheromones in it!!!

Just the ads with pre-anti-vax Jenny McCarthy.

nibXTE7.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    evilbob wrote: »
    I've started a new DX:HR playthrough and I'm in the important phase of collecting every stun gun dart and protein bar possible for future shenanigans.

Aiming to play through every deus ex game again. I'm doing that in timeline order rather than release order because I tend to bail on these things 3/4 of the way through.

oh man that means you're going to do INvisible War last tho

womp womp

rRwz9.gif
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    I've started a new DX:HR playthrough and I'm in the important phase of collecting every stun gun dart and protein bar possible for future shenanigans.

Aiming to play through every deus ex game again. I'm doing that in timeline order rather than release order because I tend to bail on these things 3/4 of the way through.

oh man that means you're going to do INvisible War last tho

womp womp

Ending with the best game in the series

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    HR stuff
    Also if memory serves the team going after Malik weren't local PD but Corporate Mercs, so yeah I'm not pulling punches for a bunch of bloodthirsty guns and ammo goons

this is always specifically the part in HR where I switch from peaceful mcstealthguy to bloodsoaked killing machine

rRwz9.gif
    Teenage Havelock: *sprays Candies cologne on self* "I'm going to get so much puss"

Narrator: "He did not"

japan wrote: »
    Mods are asleep post bouncy tunes

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YPFd4ZRggHY

fool

like Wall Street 2: Money, mods never sleep

rRwz9.gif
    The big good dog propaganda machine is in full effect on YouTube it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltl-OT6Nk68

HR stuff
    Also if memory serves the team going after Malik weren't local PD but Corporate Mercs, so yeah I'm not pulling punches for a bunch of bloodthirsty guns and ammo goons

this is always specifically the part in HR where I switch from peaceful mcstealthguy to bloodsoaked killing machine

Yeah at that point those guys know exactly what kind of people they're working for. Fuck 'em.

HR stuff

Yeah at that point those guys know exactly what kind of people they're working for. Fuck 'em.

I think almost every DX game has that turning point moment where you go from fighting effectively harmless street criminals, dupes, or well-meaning legitimate authority figures to full-on fascist corporate thugs and it's always the part where the kid gloves come off and it's always so satisfying

not least because by that point I've usually stockpiled some huge arsenal of grenades and land mines and flamethrower ammo that I never used but held onto in anticipation of this moment

rRwz9.gif
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Facebook is bad but it’s at least figured out I want to exclusively view:

Videos of stray dogs being taken off the street and rehabilitated and then shown later thriving in a foster home

Lists of interesting but stupid facts (40 cool Easter eggs in Pixar movies)

Videos of very dumb life hacks that no one will ever use ever

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    The big good dog propaganda machine is in full effect on YouTube it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltl-OT6Nk68

This one has been splashed all over my front page and I'm like, I don't ever want to love a boomer.....

leave me with my eight thousand phoebe bridgers live shows on this dying planet

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Mods are asleep post bouncy tunes

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YPFd4ZRggHY

fool

like Wall Street 2: Money, mods never sleep

Back in the power house
    In control again

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    tbh i saw this on tiktok and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Js49GdidVk

well

i just had it on for 2 hrs

did it work or did you want to die or both

tbh it kinda worked cuz of how repetitive it was

poo
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

sir, mdma + lsd is a lovely time
    you just gotta keep the doses low

poo
    The stray dogs videos make me cry about half the time and make me want to cradle blossom 100% of time even if she’s screaming at me

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    stick with the prod the whole way through
    my jc denton is a pacifist and would never kill anyone (ignore the fact that you have to glitch the game to get past navarre without killing her, and also that you nuke a military base no matter what you choose)

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    HR stuff

I think almost every DX game has that turning point moment where you go from fighting effectively harmless street criminals, dupes, or well-meaning legitimate authority figures to full-on fascist corporate thugs and it's always the part where the kid gloves come off and it's always so satisfying

not least because by that point I've usually stockpiled some huge arsenal of grenades and land mines and flamethrower ammo that I never used but held onto in anticipation of this moment

Yeah I remember that moment, all my hard work at not being the weapon they made me into, and then that point occurred and I just snapped.

sir, mdma + lsd is a lovely time
    you just gotta keep the doses low

Hmm interesting

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I hate ordering food, getting home, and realizing they screwed it up but not so bad it's worth going back and having them fix it.

They didn't include any veggies with my sweet and sour chicken - it was literally just rice, sweet and sour syrup, and fried chicken. Still good, but I really like the vegetables that go with it usually.

zagdrob wrote: »
    I hate ordering food, getting home, and realizing they screwed it up but not so bad it's worth going back and having them fix it.

They didn't include any veggies with my sweet and sour chicken - it was literally just rice, sweet and sour syrup, and fried chicken. Still good, but I really like the vegetables that go with it usually.

i can't say i ever really miss the three carrot slices and two pieces of onion they would normally include

The stray dogs videos make me cry about half the time and make me want to cradle blossom 100% of time even if she’s screaming at me
    I've managed to trick the algorithm into giving me rescue otter videos which are also amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4kW5Sxnmlc

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »

i can't say i ever really miss the three carrot slices and two pieces of onion they would normally include

It's what makes it healthy instead of just being a plate of fried carbs and sugar.

This discussion has been closed.