As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2020 Election Thread Part 2: Donald Trump Eats Shit

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    What exactly does labeling a country a climate outlaw entail

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    When climate is outlawed, only outlaws will have climates

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Climate Jail. It's like regular jail but flooded. So like... jail.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

Biden has never been shy about foreign intervention

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

The USA invades and takes their resources

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Real talk if we weren't sitting on enough nukes to microwave the planet the US would be labeled a rogue nation by now

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    *to the tune of intergalactic*

anarchist city climate outlaw, climate outlaw anarchist city
    anarchist city climate outlaw, climate outlaw anarchist city

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Remember when the US assassinated an Iranian general with a bomb next to an airport inside an allied state

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    trump did a bad job at foreign coups so big joe's about to roll up his sleeves and show the pansies how a real man subjugates thd global south

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    that's me vs my dogs when i walk to the fridge to get myself water

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    that's me vs my dogs when i walk to the fridge to get myself water

Same, but with White Claws

edit: and add in a few cats and a couple of pigs

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Also, it turns out that pigs really like White Claws.

JtgVX0H.png
    I feel like going from labeling a country climate outlaws immediately to coup is a bit of a jump without any other details on it

Looking at the article it's literally "we're gonna publish a report of how countries are handling climate change and then name and shame them"

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I feel like going from labeling a country climate outlaws immediately to coup is a bit of a jump without any other details on it

The Bolivian coup was like, a year ago. There's a whole bunch of stuff going down in Peru right now (which I'm not up to date on). Supporting/instigating coups is like, the US's whole thing. This is just adds another tool in that tool belt

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    there is a good reason everyone immediately jumps to "this is fabricating a causus belli for coups and invading places with resources we want" and that reason is "remembering US foreign policy since like 1800"

BahamutZERO.gif
    there is a good reason everyone immediately jumps to "this is fabricating a causus belli for coups and invading places with resources we want" and that reason is "remembering US foreign policy since like 1800"

Seems like a stretch imo

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Also lol at the US having the gall to castigate any other country for climate destruction. This lol goes for most other developed countries as well

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Remember when the US assassinated an Iranian general with a bomb next to an airport inside an allied state
    I'd forgotten WW3 happened this year. It's been so long.

Seems like a stretch imo

the alternative explanation is that the Biden administration really cares about fighting climate change, but also is too stupid to notice the US' impact is way larger than any south american country's and thus put ourselves on top of our own list of climate crimers.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Like I get the US's history with coups, I do. But the causal flow of Climate Change Report -> Foreign Coup is missing quite a few steps for me to buy into that

Seems like a stretch imo

the alternative explanation is that the Biden administration really cares about fighting climate change, but also is too stupid to notice the US' impact is way larger than any south american country's and thus put ourselves on top of our own list of climate crimers.

I definitely think that's more likely

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic

BahamutZERO.gif
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic

I am unfortunately rarely sarcastic on these forums

edited November 2020
    hmm, I don't understand how you can think they're accidentally-out-of-incompetence-doing rather than maliciously-out-of-avarice-doing the imperialism thing the US always does, but alright

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I doubt the Biden administration will be too stupid "to notice the US' impact is way larger than any south american country's and thus put ourselves on top of our own list of climate crimers.*

Evil, manipulative, delusional, yes

hmm, I don't understand how you can think they're accidentally out of incompetence-doing rather than maliciously out of avarice-doing the imperialism thing the US always does, but alright

Don't necessarily think it's purely incompetence as much as it is a report focused on other countries

as opposed to publishing a report on climate change as a casus belli for a foreign intervention

one of those seems more likelier to me than the other especially given all the foreign interventions for oil thing people point out that this would be in direct contradiction of

I doubt the Biden administration will be too stupid "to notice the US' impact is way larger than any south american country's and thus put ourselves on top of our own list of climate crimers.*

the whole point of the paris agreement was to get everyone on board with combating climate change so like what difference does it make if the US tries to push other countries into doing that through publishing a report aimed at other countries to get them on board with combating climate change

hmm, I don't understand how you can think they're accidentally out of incompetence-doing rather than maliciously out of avarice-doing the imperialism thing the US always does, but alright

Don't necessarily think it's purely incompetence as much as it is a report focused on other countries

as opposed to publishing a report on climate change as a casus belli for a foreign intervention

one of those seems more likelier to me than the other especially given all the foreign interventions for oil thing people point out that this would be in direct contradiction of

they'd just be changing the target from oil to, say, the lithium that US tech companies famously would like access to in Bolivia

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I think this would be used as a cudgel for trade agreements more than anything else. Remember, the Biden administration still has to figure out what to do about all the China tariffs, can't just go "there's totally a trade deal coming any day" like the last guy did.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I think this would be used as a cudgel for trade agreements more than anything else. Remember, the Biden administration still has to figure out what to do about all the China tariffs, can't just go "there's totally a trade deal coming any day" like the last guy did.

It feels much more like that than anything coup d'etat related

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    any update RE: slipping on dick?

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

the whole point of the paris agreement was to get everyone on board with combating climate change so like what difference does it make if the US tries to push other countries into doing that through publishing a report aimed at other countries to get them on board with combating climate change

Because the US is one of the largest polluters so pressuring a country that does negligible emissions compared to them isn't a position that means anything. Its an excuse to do something.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    a million nazis and their sympathizers wearing no masks

yeah, rip

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Well it's nowhere near a million, if that makes you feel any better

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Pokey lives in the Arctic, unlike most penguins, which live in the Southern Hemisphere. He is accompanied by several recurring characters, of which the "Little Girl" is the most commonly seen. His main antagonists are the Italians, whom Pokey suspects of intending to steal his Arctic Circle-Candy (which grows in the Arctic). The Italians are usually represented by a ship on the horizon flying the Italian flag; an actual Italian was seen for the first time in a comic posted in late February 2008. In the first strip, Pokey is described as an "educational children's cartoon".

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    a million nazis and their sympathizers wearing no masks

yeah, rip
    The fatality rate is variable depending on different factors, but that'd be roughly 25,000 deaths. Not counting people who are also infected by attendees after the rally.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I mean if you look at photos of the rally I'm not even convinced it's breaking 10,000 people, it's nowhere near a million.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    At this point I just feel really badly for the nurses who will have to spend their 36-hour shift trying to save these chucklefucks.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
This discussion has been closed.