As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    In any sane universe that last bit would have been an intro cinematic for the seasonal content (assuming the seasonal content is related).

Edit:
    Worst totp ever.

I hadn't actually watched the Riven video. Yeah, it looks like the problem is more "5 warlocks simultaneously spamming the post-freeze-blast part of the shadebinder super" than the GL itself. Dunno what they can do about that short of changing how the super works.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yeah, I get that Destiny Lore can't always be Destiny cutscenes, but holy fuck the end of that entry should be a cutscene. Even just the ink animatics like the Fallen one in BL.

That is some tasty lore.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    For all we know, it will be! (It won't be.)

Also: another mischosen voice actor bites the dust off camera.

Lore spoilers from last page:
    So when a Guardian's Ghost bites it said Guardian can't get rez'd... but do they lose the rest of their Light-based powers as well? I think Eris is the only other Ghost-less Guardian wandering around and she's been using Hive magic since D1.

Wonder if Osiris will give us our second Darkness subclass next expansion.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    That was very Titan of you Ghost.

I’m absolutely in love with Europa so far. It reminds me of the Dreaming City in design, with all these secrets etc.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I fought my impulse to spend every single second in Destiny grinding and just zoomed around Europa for a while and man it's got some rabbit-holes. I went down into the Nexus area and lemme tell you, if you've not been then you really should go, it's just jaw-dropping.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Later, haters.
    :(

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Does that GL/warlock cheese work on any of the GoS bosses?

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Does that GL/warlock cheese work on any of the GoS bosses?

All I know of is that Final Boss can be frozen to elongate a DPS phase into “the” DPS phase.

• eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    So I didn’t finish the Forsaken and Shadowkeep campaigns and it’ll probably take me a while to beat them. Should I push them off and beat BL while it’s still the new hotness or is the story fun enough to take in in release order?

Basically what I’m asking is will I find BL more rewarding (story wise) if I finish Forsaken and Shadowkeep first?

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    eddizhere wrote: »
    So I didn’t finish the Forsaken and Shadowkeep campaigns and it’ll probably take me a while to beat them. Should I push them off and beat BL while it’s still the new hotness or is the story fun enough to take in in release order?

Basically what I’m asking is will I find BL more rewarding (story wise) if I finish Forsaken and Shadowkeep first?

Shadowkeep story-wise is a direct lead-in to BL, while forsaken is really good, the storylines it setup haven't progressed much outside of the expansion itself.

I would say maybe play the SK campaign real quick before BL, but I have no idea how long that is anymore. Forsaken I would put off until later.

If you want to be ready for endgame content sooner rather than later, just do BL, since FS and SK dont give anything above 1060

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    In a vacuum, yes, absolutely.

If time really is an issue then you'll probably be fine if you've started both of them and gotten past the first "whoa" moment, which basically happens in the first mission in each case.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Overall I like Europa and the content seems mostly solid so far but there's a few things I'm disappointed with. It's a nice looking area but it's a big too white all over, though maybe that's just my graphic settings. The areas are nice but enemies are a bit sparse, which is annoying when you are trying to kill shit for patrols or quests or whatever.

But the biggest disappointment is that it feels like a step-back in terms of design compared to the Moon. Yeah, the Moon surface was just generic Destiny map (open flat areas separated by narrow loading corridors) but the underground areas were actually pretty awesome. Multiple ways in and out, all sorts of criss-crossing paths. It was cool and actually slightly maze-like and felt genuinely cool to wander around in. And it meant that when they sent you down there to do shit, they could send you multiple different ways to shake things up. (see - Nightmare Hunts, which made good use of this feature even if they were ultimately a disappointment they did nothing with after releasing them)

But Europa is back to the Mars style zone where the neat looking off-shoot areas are just long linear corridors they've tried to disguise with lots of twists and turns. Which means you end up tiring of them super quickly because every mission goes the exact same route because there are no other options. The post-campaign campaign sends you back through the exact same area like 4 times in a goddamn row and it's almost comical by the end.

Just a major disappointment for me. I wonder if the Moon was just a fluke rather then intentional. Or if Europa is just a really old design, since it was clearly imo built at least partially for the now defunct D3.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    ronzo wrote: »
    eddizhere wrote: »

Shadowkeep story-wise is a direct lead-in to BL, while forsaken is really good, the storylines it setup haven't progressed much outside of the expansion itself.

I would say maybe play the SK campaign real quick before BL, but I have no idea how long that is anymore. Forsaken I would put off until later.

If you want to be ready for endgame content sooner rather than later, just do BL, since FS and SK dont give anything above 1060

A pretty important character from Forsaken is showing up next week.

august on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Just a major disappointment for me. I wonder if the Moon was just a fluke rather then intentional. Or if Europa is just a really old design, since it was clearly imo built at least partially for the now defunct D3.

the moon dungeons have always been unique in that respect and yes, it gives them way more character than any other indoor area in the Destiny series. Considering there's not really any element of the game that utilizes them in a way that is fundamentally different from the single pathway indoor areas of other zones, I'd say it's a fluke and not something they consider worth the effort

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

lmao the raid is fucked, either it's getting delayed or Stasis turned off

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Isn't it the wall grenade and grenade launcher? They could just disable those

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I dislike the Moon personally but it does make sense it’s designed like that when you figure the Hive had been burrowing into it from a lore perspective.

Europa by comparison is the ruins of Clovis Bray’s arrogance. So ya know, hallways and stuff.

Edit:
    That lore article was outstanding. I hope we get Xivu Arath worshipping Cabal.

Shamus on
    edited November 2020
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

the moon dungeons have always been unique in that respect and yes, it gives them way more character than any other indoor area in the Destiny series. Considering there's not really any element of the game that utilizes them in a way that is fundamentally different from the single pathway indoor areas of other zones, I'd say it's a fluke and not something they consider worth the effort

Sadly probably true. This is what I fear.

Destiny has always had shockingly bland map design in PvE for some reason and it drives me nuts.

The ruined Bray facility should be full of rooms all over the place to explore. Make it feel like a genuine ruined huge facility rather then a single corridor. That area at the end of Eternity where there's the big platform in the middle with the ball should be some place you can move around freely between the various sections. Make it feel like a place instead of a cleverly disguised straight line.

shryke on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

Sadly probably true. This is what I fear.

Destiny has always had shockingly bland map design in PvE for some reason and it drives me nuts.

The ruined Bray facility should be full of rooms all over the place to explore. Make it feel like a genuine ruined huge facility rather then a single corridor. That area at the end of Eternity where there's the big platform in the middle with the ball should be some place you can move around freely between the various sections. Make it feel like a place instead of a cleverly disguised straight line.

It's really hard to design a maze like internal area that covers multiple zones & multiple entries and have it make spacial sense so I'm sure it was something that was built in the ultra-ambitious early development of destiny and then they realized it was much too hard and couldn't be bothered to do it anymore

it also makes me wonder if the moon surface and interior are spatially consistent or whether they cheat in aligning the two

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Exodus strike is now 100% disabled.

Half of Destiny is going to be disabled by the weekend at this rate.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Please Bungie, take all the time you need for Exodus Crash. No rush.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    God this "kill Champions with Stasis" challenge suuuucks when your team mates aren't doing that which, yeah, it is reasonable they aren't.
    Just lemme Finisher a dude before you explode him with Jotuun, ok?

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Please Bungie, take all the time you need for Exodus Crash. No rush.

I don't get this opinion. Once they wrangled the boss, it's a fine strike. I actually really like the part where you cross the active patrol area near Failsafe and can screw around if you want, or haul ass to keep going. My favorite parts of Destiny is where they add some minor things to make the world feel more connected and alive. Like how pubbies could help with the first encounter of Vault of Glass if they wanted to.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Nothing wrong with Exodus Crash anymore really, outside of the current bug. Lots of strikes have bosses with unavoidable damage phases.

Of course, killing Slapnuts McGillicutty from the elevator ride up during the Arms Dealer strike is always good for laughs.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    After you read Immolant Pt. 2, go to Zavala's office in the tower. There's new voice logs.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    X7iv4Nxh.png

Tried this out in a Strike and it's a pretty good addition to the game I feel. Of course I lucked out with it's perk-roll I think.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    After you read Immolant Pt. 2, go to Zavala's office in the tower. There's new voice logs.
    Me: *sees one more message after Osiris informs Zavala that he's heading to the Moon* Ohhhh god, this is gonna suck to hear what happens next.
    *Mara Sov shows up on the screen instead of Osiris and begins speaking*
    Me: ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I must have missed the memo, but it looks like you can only get two Fragments per week PER ACCOUNT?

Meaning I can't get fragments for my Warlock now that my Titan has two?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I must have missed the memo, but it looks like you can only get two Fragments per week PER ACCOUNT?

Meaning I can't get fragments for my Warlock now that my Titan has two?

Are the fragments per character?

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Fragments are the shared part, aren't they? So that would make sense. They don't want people to get all six on the first week.

H9f4bVe.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So far I think the people saying stasis is ruining PVP are being a bit overblown. Being frozen isn't much worse than being sniper headshot, but maybe it's worse in different ranks or something.

edited November 2020
    So far I think the people saying stasis is ruining PVP are being a bit overblown. Being frozen isn't much worse than being sniper headshot, but maybe it's worse in different ranks or something.

Everybody hates one-shot kills except the person getting them. Snipers (and the other one-shot weapons like Jotunn) have playstyle counters and are heavily limited by the current ammo economy. Freeze powers are basically a one-shot kill since the only defenses are running away or having someone else kill the stasis-wielder, so now everybody in Crucible just got another couple of one-shot kills in their utility belt. That's a pretty big change. Plus the Warlock super, at least, lasts forever. Its current state feels very Early Days Nova Warp in pvp.

Unrelated: the shatter kills thing for the Born in Darkness quest is a pain in the ass. I cannot figure out how freezing shit with the wall grenade actually works. I've straight-up bounced the grenade projectile off of dudes and they didn't get frozen. Other times everyone near the wall gets frozen. Sometimes shooting the crystal causes a burst that freezes and/or shatters nearby, un-frozen dudes... sometimes it doesn't!

Also, super kills both don't count for quest progress and, for some bizarre reason, don't count for the ability kills patrol on Europa.

I really like that they removed the patrol-to-zone binding but I think they must have realized everybody just does the 'kill dudes' patrols and then the 'scan an adjacent zone' patrol to get another 'kill dudes' patrol since I think all the Europa patrols use the 'kill dudes' icon...

CptHamilton on
    The Glacier grenade should be tossed at their feet. You want to get them stuck in it, so they get frozen and then blow up the crystal for the Shatter.

Shatters are super weird and the Glacier isn't consistent at all tho. You can absolutely Shatter someone just by freezing and then killing them at the right time.

God this "kill Champions with Stasis" challenge suuuucks when your team mates aren't doing that which, yeah, it is reasonable they aren't.

Finishers count as stasis kills if you have your stasis class equipped. That's how you do it. Any other way is hell.

Everybody hates one-shot kills except the person getting them. Snipers (and the other one-shot weapons like Jotunn) have playstyle counters and are heavily limited by the current ammo economy. Freeze powers are basically a one-shot kill since the only defenses are running away or having someone else kill the stasis-wielder, so now everybody in Crucible just got another couple of one-shot kills in their utility belt. That's a pretty big change. Plus the Warlock super, at least, lasts forever. Its current state feels very Early Days Nova Warp in pvp.

Unrelated: the shatter kills thing for the Born in Darkness quest is a pain in the ass. I cannot figure out how freezing shit with the wall grenade actually works. I've straight-up bounced the grenade projectile off of dudes and they didn't get frozen. Other times everyone near the wall gets frozen. Sometimes shooting the crystal causes a burst that freezes and/or shatters nearby, un-frozen dudes... sometimes it doesn't!

Also, super kills both don't count for quest progress and, for some bizarre reason, don't count for the ability kills patrol on Europa.

I really like that they removed the patrol-to-zone binding but I think they must have realized everybody just does the 'kill dudes' patrols and then the 'scan an adjacent zone' patrol to get another 'kill dudes' patrol since I think all the Europa patrols use the 'kill dudes' icon...

Europa I think only has kill dude quests and collect things from dudes you killed quests. There's some variety in them though as they might require only Vex or only Fallen or Precision kills or ability kills. It's a great change to patrols in general though.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Taking the time to only do the most important things during the busy launch week.

O1HhHTKh.jpg

xYAiXPkh.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular

Finishers count as stasis kills if you have your stasis class equipped. That's how you do it. Any other way is hell.

If going this route, make sure you're not using the kell breaker or any of the "elemental" subclass specific finishers, as those have elements associated with them that will overwrite the stasis. Like the hunter golden gun finisher always counts as a solar finisher

The basic class finisher will always just be the subclass element you have equipped, so use that just to be safe if you're worried.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've never done any raid before. How critical is it to have a mic for talking to people for co-ordination and such?

H9f4bVe.png
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I've never done any raid before. How critical is it to have a mic for talking to people for co-ordination and such?

Very. Every Destiny raid - and particularly Destiny 2 raids - have fairly complicated encounter mechanics. Like, "You need to kill these specific enemies, then pick up a ball and there's a timer for you to pass the ball to a specific other person and then they need to take the ball to a specific place and do a thing while you go kill a guy, then you need to swap positions and get ready to kill another guy, and then the DPS phase happens when everybody needs to move to a specific spot" complicated. Even if you had a means of alerting people, "I don't have a mic and need you to explain the encounter and assign me a role" there are a lot of roles where you need to tell people things/call things out. Enough that I don't think it's possible to get through any D2 raid without having one at some point.