As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I didn't get any special quests.
    :|

I miss the good old expansions when 2/3 of legendaries were shit. It was definitely cheaper to build the good decks then.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    i love the theme of this deck

### Pure Dude
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) First Day of School
    # 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
    # 2x (2) Air Raid
    # 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
    # 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
    # 2x (3) Carnival Barker
    # 2x (3) Day at the Faire
    # 2x (3) Goody Two-Shields
    # 2x (4) Balloon Merchant
    # 1x (4) High Abbess Alura
    # 2x (4) Lightforged Zealot
    # 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
    # 2x (5) Libram of Justice
    # 1x (5) Lothraxion the Redeemed
    # 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
    # 1x (8) High Exarch Yrel
    # 2x (9) Libram of Hope
    #
    AAECAaToAgSEwQPD0QOH3gOI3gMNnK4DlrYDyrgD/bgD6rkD67kD7LkDysEDns0DytEDgt4DhN4Dot4DAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

lothraxion into carnival barker + air raid/day at the faire is super nice

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    yeah thats what i am doing and it absolutely dismantles control decks

kind of gets hand size issues and is reliant on tickatus not being an anchor in your deck

i would actually hard mull for him if you know you are vs control

Can it handle fast aggro?

half your deck is anti aggro, see the list on previous page

invoking galakrond into some shitty imps and plague of flamesing them clears a lot of stuff, you have mo'arg artificer into school spirits/soul shear/netherbreath, you have enough passive healing via soul shards and a few midrange taunts

e: lmao look at all these soulless corporate buzzwords
    We have been listening to your feedback regarding the Rewards Track and it’s clear we missed the mark both in how we communicated and implemented the full functionality of this first version of our rewards system.

We apologize for the confusion and disappointment we have caused.

During the natural progression of the rewards cycle, our intention was, and still is, to give out extra XP over time through a variety of ways. The aim is to help players get through the Rewards Track, or catch-up if they join later in an expansion phase, ultimately ensuring players earn more rewards.

We also didn’t provide any details for how events will link into and support the rewards system. We will be providing bonus XP for various activities at each seasonal event every expansion cycle, and any additional bonus events as needed, again with the aim of ensuring that our players obtain more rewards. Our failure to communicate these factors has led to incomplete projections, for which we apologize.

In addition, you’ve provided us with a wealth of feedback, and we agree that the pack rewards at the end of the track don’t feel appropriate for the effort it takes to get them. We’re going to adjust these rewards in the later stages of the track, swapping six packs for a total of 1350 gold that players can spend as they see fit. If any players reach this milestone before we implement these changes, they will be retroactively compensated.

Our goal for the Rewards Track continues to be that all Hearthstone players earn more gold and total rewards per expansion. We’ll continue to evaluate the impact of these changes, listen to your feedback, and iterate as needed until we get it right.

We will stay true to our word and ensure that the system lives up to what we all believe Hearthstone deserves.

Thank you,

Ben Lee
    Game Director

Beasteh on
  • Options
    I saw Dog playing a more top heavy version with Twisting Nether and Strongman and he kept getting aggroed down. A more midrange list like Beasteh's probably handles that a lot better.
    Hey it's the one from that VS 30 decks list posted in the last thread! I'm not at all surprised it's doing well. Galakrond Warlock was already a refined deck that did decently but just fell out of favor in the refined Scholomance meta. I tended to have pretty good success when I played it. This version has basically been pre-refined and at least for now is likely feasting on unrefined jank. And now it's able to focus way more on control and survival since its end game is basically just 2 cards.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I think the new big priest might be worse than warlock.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    here's an interesting OTK i just ran into
    Duplicate 2 Mo'arg Artificer with Felosophy
    Play Il'gynoth and make it go dormant with Maiev Shadowsong
    When Il'gynoth wakes up: play 4 Mo'arg Artificer and Felscream Blast on them
    that's 48 damage to the face, very difficult to disrupt

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    here's an interesting OTK i just ran into
    Duplicate 2 Mo'arg Artificer with Felosophy
    Play Il'gynoth and make it go dormant with Maiev Shadowsong
    When Il'gynoth wakes up: play 4 Mo'arg Artificer and Felscream Blast on them
    that's 48 damage to the face, very difficult to disrupt
    That's a neat combo. I'm not sure how practical it is since it's a 7 card combo on DH (with a bit of setup that can be done in earlier turns before you have all the pieces). Also it requires an 8 mana turn where you do nothing but plop a 4/3 down and need to survive 2 more turns while half your hand is combo pieces you have to hold. Realistically you probably only need 3 Artificers in a lot of games since 24 damage will often be enough though.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I was able to fill my side of the board with 7 8/8 clowns. For the five seconds they were alive before my opponent played Reno, it was a glorious feeling.

• Options

NVM LOL

I went ahead and spent the 3k dust I needed to to craft Tick'em'off Warlock

Played big priest. Wiped a full board created from Mass Resurrect. Following turn milled their other Mass Resurrect and a piece of their C'thun.
    Have played a few aggro decks and this holds up to them as well.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ticket dude nerf idea
    Battlecry: Discard 5 cards from deck
    Corrupted Battlecry: Both players discard 5 cards from their decks

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Soul DH very good:

mIa9wvA.png?1
    0vH4b52.png?1

19-5 from D5 on up.

E: Highlight game is chewing through a 70 health Spell Druid, thanks Il'gynoth and Bladed Ladies.
    https://hsreplay.net/replay/JNtU9TAp2SBxDWFSJqkdQ3

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Fine, FINE . . . I'll craft Il'gy

*grumble*stupidYiliaskillingeverythinginsightoncommand*grumble*

Kayn replacement? Magehunter, maybe?

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Probably a 2nd Consume Magic. Kayn will be pretty important if Clown Druid is a meta deck though.

• Options
    3-0 out of the gate thus far (9ish Gold level).

Quick break to settle my tab and head home, but yeah, it's rollin'.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I played against a super oppressive quest warlock deck, anyone have a deck list on that?

• Options

NVM LOL

I went ahead and spent the 3k dust I needed to to craft Tick'em'off Warlock

Played big priest. Wiped a full board created from Mass Resurrect. Following turn milled their other Mass Resurrect and a piece of their C'thun.
    Have played a few aggro decks and this holds up to them as well.
    I'm curious how it fares against Bomb Warrior.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    firebat was playing a no-minion-cthun-mage that seemed pretty good, but I don't wanna craft stuff yet

I also might actually spring for battleground perks this time around, can't decide

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I'll be curious to see if bomb warrior survives; I like playing it but it was really matchup dependent so could easily fall out if one of its good matchups does

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Let me just kill this goat.

I give y'all this wonderful thread title and this is what I get in return smh

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KK3TPrI.png

best card of the set

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I just watched Kibler buy $210 in packs (3x$70 sets) while sitting on 121,000 gold. He's roleplaying this dragon gold hoarding thing to the extreme.

He gets a tax deduction for every hearthstone purchase he makes.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    hey i literally haven't played the new expac yet but

wtf was Blizz thinking with Y'shaarj???

0 mana cards?? did we learn nothing from Dragonqueen???? why nerf DQ and then print Better DQ

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Let me just kill this goat.

I give y'all this wonderful thread title and this is what I get in return smh

You obviously escaped, which is why I didn't get 3 more legendaries, the dark gods were not appeased.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Secret mage looks good in all these greedy decks. I got Sayge as one of my legendaries so thought I would try build a deck. Tried a few finishers, but surprisingly I found Mask of C'thun to be the most consistent. I only added the second one of those later on, as I didn't open one in my packs until I got a bit more down the path. I also think a second occult conjurer might be better than double game master, but I only opened one. Rigged Faire Game as well I only had one early on, but its so important vs control.

74% win rate, although that tapered a bit past diamond 5.

62cx37eq81vc.png

jh02enllic6h.png

### Secrets
    # Class: Mage
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (2) Ancient Mysteries
    # 2x (2) Arcane Flakmage
    # 2x (2) Frostbolt
    # 2x (2) Game Master
    # 2x (3) Counterspell
    # 2x (3) Flame Ward
    # 2x (3) Inconspicuous Rider
    # 2x (3) Kirin Tor Mage
    # 2x (3) Netherwind Portal
    # 2x (3) Rigged Faire Game
    # 2x (4) Fireball
    # 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
    # 1x (4) Occult Conjurer
    # 2x (5) Cloud Prince
    # 1x (5) Jandice Barov
    # 1x (6) Sayge, Seer of Darkmoon
    # 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
    #
    AAECAf0EBNnRA/bWA5DhA5XhAw1xuwKWBewFvqQDv6QD3akD9KsDwrgD+t0D+90DkeED6OEDAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Sorry, Warlock. Tik doesn't do jack if I drew my entire deck.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I got the Pretzel Mustard achievement! Also a new high score in the new rating system. I did tie one round, so no spicy mustard for me.

6wa7nyc73pjb.jpg

• Options
    Am I going to have a win 7 ranked games quest every week?

That seams a bit much and annoying.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I don’t know if it is any good, but Cthun Spell Mage is, as expected, delightful.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Am I the only one finding it weird that Achievement info pops before it actually happens.

Like the collection notifications when opening packs before you actually flip over the cards.

• Options
    Am I going to have a win 7 ranked games quest every week?

That seams a bit much and annoying.

Hmmm.

I mean, you do have a full week to do it, you can also hop over to Wild and probably get matched against worse players (or vice versa if you're a Wild player already, but)

But um yeah honestly it does seem a Bit Much, and hard to do. I can imagine a lot of people legit won't be able to finish it?

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I finished all of my weeklies in like an hour and a half from the reset.

• Options
    I finished all of my weeklies in like an hour and a half from the reset.

I mean, you know thats very likely not the experience of the average player right?

• Options
    What is the experience of the average player?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    What is the experience of the average player?

finishing their win 7 ranked games weekly in about 14 games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    While I'm griping about kids getting off my lawn, Play 10 Old Gods is a bullshit quest to hand out if you don't make your freebie one of the four in the first place.

• Options
    Em_xy5tWEAMYlox.png

Heyyyyyy, got this cheevo! It's honestly not too bad, really, lots of comps can do it.

Em_xy5rWEAEmsjU.png

but it just so happened i was playing Ragnaros and tripled into a Nomi, so

(Mechs and Big Demons can also do it, Pirates maybe if they get a strong enough lead, i think Ping Demons can do it too just by virtue of sheer aggression, but...)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    While I'm griping about kids getting off my lawn, Play 10 Old Gods is a bullshit quest to hand out if you don't make your freebie one of the four in the first place.

Even worse, I had one for play 30 Corrupted Cards. So I made a Druid deck to just spam corrupted cards in casual. Two games later I had only made 2/30 progress despite me knowing I had played WAY more than that.

Turns out to complete the quest you have to play cards with the corrupt keyword without corrupting them

• Options
    Hahaha that's ridiculous

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Okay hey! Finally got to play some Standard today!

I plaaaaayed Secret Mage (@KafkaAU's list, subbed out Polkelt for second Occultist since I feel that card has mega value), felt real good!!! Mask of C'Thun is WAY STRONGER THAN I THOUGHT IT'D BE. Umm, yowza. Secret Mage seems like a serious contender, plus there's tons of room for improvements and innovations in that list, I feel.

I also playeddddd... I dunno what you'd call it. Clown Druid? Lmao. Yknow, Guardian Druid minus Guardian Animals package, slap in Strongmen and Clowns and Cenarion Ward. List is good!! I didn't have Yogg so I subbed for Ysera Unleashed, who is still good. The 7 mana (0 mana wink) Rush Owl is pretty goddamn good, ngl. Clowns feels POWERFUL when you get it off. Goddamn. Honestly I feel like that deck should just be called "Survival Druid" since that spell seems to be the centerpiece of the deck buuuuut...

Last deck I played was Evolve Shaman. Turns out Revolve and the 2/2 weapon tutor fucking makes that deck legit as all get-out now. You've got so many combos you can pull off between Boggspine Knucks and Mutate and Revolve. It runs Derailed Coaster, which is also another fun (effective) combo.

Oh, and I gave Pure Dude Paladin a swing. That list seems effective. Boy, those new Dude cards are good.

I ran up against.... Aggro Shaman (with the new Windfury legendary, and Whack-A-Gnoll Hammer, that deck seems scary), buncha Mages (including a C'Thun Secret Mage???), Soul DHs (FUCK BLADED LADY), Hunters of various flavors (a really slow one that ran Darkmoon Tonks + Jewel of N'Zoth; scary to play against!!) and I even got Tickatus'd.

Lots of real interesting stuff though! New cards are fun and powerful.

I'm betting on my life that Tickatus and Y'Shaarj get nerfed though.

HEY KNOW WHAT'S BULLSHIT THOUGH, DEVOVLVING MISSILES ON A CORRUPTED STRONGMAN CREATES A GODDAMN 0 MANA MINION CUZ IT COSTS 0 MANA AAAAAAAAAAAA

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png