As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When did you get your birthday presents?

13»

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I don't really remember when I got the presents, although I suspect it was some in the morning, some in the evening

I always love birthdays, both my own and my family and friends

For years, I always made note of family and friends birthdays and sent well wishes or cards

I sort of ran out of steam with that this year

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    At your party
    SimBen wrote: »
    Welp
    dhf38pzv231k.jpeg

That answers that

Update: it’s a chair also I got a small Batman Legos

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    After dinner
    Welp
    dhf38pzv231k.jpeg

That answers that

I think you need to return the chair, it has a hole in it

• Options
    At your party
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Welp
    dhf38pzv231k.jpeg

That answers that

I think you need to return the chair, it has a hole in it

Yeah my girlfriend really went for a full modern art statement/please throw this old chair away honey I love you thing this morning huh

sig.gif
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    After dinner
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    expendable wrote: »
    My mothers birthday is December 24th.

She shares her birthday with her younger sister. Her 6 years younger sister.

Their mother shares an October birthday with her younger sister that's 4 years younger.

There's a hard and inviolable rule in my family that Christmas and Birthday are completely separate. Birthday presents are wrapped in birthday paper and there's no combining one present for both.

Shared birthdays get two cakes.

There some rule in your family about only fuckin' on certain days or what?

Apparently. There's a lot of September-October birthdays. Then you have my siblings that are March and June.

My aunt continued the same-birthday tradition into the next generation; but she cheated, my cousins are twins.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I don’t really remember? Like my birthday is close to Christmas so I definitely got some lumped together presents from extended family and such but actual day of? Couldn’t tell you.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    At your party
    I think my brain has internalised on some very deep level that this thread was made by an Australian, because I'm surprised every time I click on it that it isn't titled "When did you get your birthday pressies?"

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    At your party
    Holy shit an office chair that only weighs 25lbs?

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    At your party
    I only had a party on the day of my birthday, so 'At your party' and 'At dinner' are the same thing to me. I had more than a couple birthday parties at McDonalds. I didn't always have a party, but when I did my parents/family gave their gifts along with everyone else.

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • Options
    At your party
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Holy shit an office chair that only weighs 25lbs?

It’s a mesh back and the foot seems to be aluminum so that seems about right yeah. It’s lighter than my old one.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    At your party
    Yeah I think my chair weighs 44 pounds.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    In the morning/before school
    tynic wrote: »
    I think my brain has internalised on some very deep level that this thread was made by an Australian, because I'm surprised every time I click on it that it isn't titled "When did you get your birthday pressies?"

I would never

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    My bday is Christmas, so I'd end up getting one batch of presents in the morning, and then another one once the fam came over. It never even occurred to me how normal birthdays might go.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    it's a birthday, not a birthevening or a birthseveraldayslater

gotta open those presents asap

broken image link
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    After dinner
    I don't think I have had any real rules. Morning seems a bit early. Maybe if it's a big present and it's the weekend. But before school would not have worked out well.
    Opening presents at a birthday party is a pretty big faux pas here. So any friend presents would wait until well after the party. Couldn't imagine waiting that long for family presents, though.
    So after birthday dinner seems like a good time.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    My dad would be more excited about my presents than I was, it felt like!

I remember he woke me up at like, 5am the day before my birthday. ‘Morning digger! Hey uh, I was thinking we should open up of your presents now!’

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    After dinner
    Tef wrote: »
    My dad would be more excited about my presents than I was, it felt like!

I remember he woke me up at like, 5am the day before my birthday. ‘Morning digger! Hey uh, I was thinking we should open up of your presents now!’

I totally feel this, I love giving a well thought out present to someone (generally more than I like getting them).

• Options
    At your party
    My son also gave me a two things t-shirt of Mario doing the Michael Jordan leap and it’s the best shirt ever because my boy chose it okay

sig.gif
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    We didn’t really do birthday gifts in my family, at least none that I really remember.

But if we did get any from my parents, they were in the morning, just after breakfast, so that we could enjoy them during our actual birthday day. Any other gifts were given when we next saw the givers, be it the official party or other family gathering.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER