As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Yo wtf, in Duels why does Turalyon have a passive "your silver hand recruits get +2/+2 for the rest of the game" spell? That's so much comically stronger than every other class signature card I've seen. Like literally you don't need to cast another card after that to win games.

Edit: Aaaaand just played against the alternate Stalina hero power where she just hits you for 4-10 damage with her face every turn. This mode isn't remotely balanced enough to be something you can buy into.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Yeah I noped out of duels immediately

Having it be a paid arena style entry with that level of imbalance is a total joke

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    oh okay warlock in Duels has a unique unit that gets +2/+2 for every card you've discarded, returns to hand if discarded, and has rush and lifesteal

this is fine until it's noted that it's a demon so you Fel-osophy it, and also they had a card that turned their whole hand into a minion

so by turn 8 their hand was 7 40/40 rush lifesteals

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    haha wow my rogue opponent just got 2x teacher's pet from jandice barov

most disgusting highroll ever

Beasteh wrote: »
    haha wow my rogue opponent just got 2x teacher's pet from jandice barov

most disgusting highroll ever

but which one did they pick?????

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

What is best in life?

To play Oh My Yogg, to see your opponent have a C’thun spell instead give your minion +8/+8, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait

Hold the fuck on

Are you telling me they somehow made Duels even worse

Cause it was already a primo clown fiesta with just the one HP/Signature Treasure

how

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    i feel like arena is going to die as a format

you know how before you could grind some wins/a quest to get gold for entry?

now a casual player will be able to do one run a week if they go 3/4 wins which is the average

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Y'Sharrj a pretty safe craft, then?

Asking because Quest Shaman was my jam last season, and he is being touted as the win condition it sorely needed.

edited November 2020
    safe because it will probably get nerfed and refund full dust value yes

e: here's the deck i'm pushing for legend with, 2 wins away as of this post on an 11 win streak:

### Pure
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) First Day of School
    # 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
    # 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
    # 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
    # 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
    # 2x (3) Goody Two-Shields
    # 2x (4) Consecration
    # 1x (4) High Abbess Alura
    # 2x (4) Lightforged Zealot
    # 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
    # 2x (5) Blessing of Authority
    # 2x (5) Carousel Gryphon
    # 2x (5) Libram of Justice
    # 1x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
    # 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
    # 1x (7) Lightforged Crusader
    # 1x (8) High Exarch Yrel
    # 2x (9) Libram of Hope
    #
    AAECAaToAgabrgP8uAOEwQPD0QOF3gOI3gMM3AOcrgPKuAP9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQOezQO/0QPK0QON4QMA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Beasteh on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    i feel like arena is going to die as a format

you know how before you could grind some wins/a quest to get gold for entry?

now a casual player will be able to do one run a week if they go 3/4 wins which is the average

...I have 7 arena tickets.

zepherin on
    Do you actively play arena tho

God fuckin' dammit the deck I'm having the most fun with right now NEEDS Pokelt but I only have 4k dust and don't want to blow that on him.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Wait wait wait

Hold the fuck on

Are you telling me they somehow made Duels even worse

Cause it was already a primo clown fiesta with just the one HP/Signature Treasure

how

I still think it is a superior format to Arena, fitting for Hearthstone's fundamental style of play.

As I said before, Duels lives or dies by active and careful balancing because it is really easy to create some mega-bullshit. So on the one hand, current Team 5 has a bad track record balancing stuff out of the gate. On the other, they are very responsive to community commentary so I would be surprised if truly bullshit stuff isn't resolved in a week or two.

I want the format to succeed. Everyone's so cynical about Hearthstone these days but it's still a good game, and I honestly appreciate that there are three different ways to play it, even though I only prefer one right now--two if they get Duels straightened out.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    I may have just killed a warrior who had 26 health and a small board with a single cast of Shudderwock.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    lmao Tavern Brawl doesn't count for daily quests anymore? Good, good good. Why is this still in the game again?
    Classic Pack drip feed.

That's dumb as shit that they made it no longer work for quests though. Holy hell the rewards revamp has been a disaster and I called it fucking months ago.

edited November 2020
    The worst part will be the mini expansion with new achievements and absolutely no gold to buy those packs

Get that credit card ready

e:

9SfQIwb.png

pure pally is very safe and easy to climb with, i beat a control c'thun demon tickatus y'shaarj etc warlock as the final boss (this deck is supposed to have a 0% winrate vs it lol but i kept hitting his face until he died)

Beasteh on
    Have you ever figured out exactly what rank a deck is? Coming into this project, I thought this would be lucky to be any better than a Bronze 10 deck. But it wasn't! It kept up about a 60% winrate through all of Bronze and low Silver, before slowly grinding to a 50% winrate at the border of Silver 2-3. The more I play with this deck, the more I rank up to Silver 2 and rank down to Silver 3. This is the platonic Silver 2.5 deck.

c0g9v9nu3z7p.png

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I'd love to watch a clip of the chaos and fireworks of Shudderwock going off after playing all the other cards in that deck.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    I'm having way too much fun with this deck:

### SMorcman
    # Class: Shaman
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
    # 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
    # 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
    # 2x (1) Surging Tempest
    # 2x (2) Cagematch Custodian
    # 2x (2) Rockbiter Weapon
    # 2x (2) Voracious Reader
    # 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
    # 2x (3) Lava Burst
    # 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
    # 2x (3) Stormstrike
    # 2x (4) Dunk Tank
    # 2x (4) Torrent
    # 2x (5) Cumulo-Maximus
    # 2x (5) Doomhammer
    # 1x (5) Inara Stormcrash
    #
    AAECAaoIApzOA67eAw7vAeAC+QPgBsaZA7atA+2tA9u4A5O5A8bRA/DUA6feA6jeA6reAwA=
    #

It's a tricky deck because of all the overload options, but once you get it down it's so good

Once the weapon hate kicks in it's probably dead in the water, but for now it's t7-8 blowouts on tha daily.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Do mana-discounted cards in hand trigger corrupt cards? Like fungus dude discounting a 10 mana minion to 5 mana - playing that 5 mana card would still trigger your corrupted clowns, right? Or what if fungus dude discounts your 9 mana clown to 4 mana? Any 5 mana card would trigger it then?

emnmnme on
    Yes if you discount a corrupt card you can corrupt it easier

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Do you actively play arena tho
    Sometimes? Generally when I can get a freebie ticket ;)

emnmnme wrote: »
    Do mana-discounted cards in hand trigger corrupt cards? Like fungus dude discounting a 10 mana minion to 5 mana - playing that 5 mana card would still trigger your corrupted clowns, right? Or what if fungus dude discounts your 9 mana clown to 4 mana? Any 5 mana card would trigger it then?
    I think no to the first case, yes to the second. Playing a discounted card should not trigger Corrupt cards if it's no longer more expensive than them.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    18-6 with face shaman

it's good yo.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    forty wrote: »
    I'd love to watch a clip of the chaos and fireworks of Shudderwock going off after playing all the other cards in that deck.

I'll try and record it next time. I wanted to for the match where I got it all going, but shadowplay doesn't like hearthstone on my machine.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    For whatever reason, though Hearthstone gave me the achievement for Standard Legend, it didn’t give me the achievement for Wild Legend. That has been rectified via Odd Paladin. The climb was pretty quick and easy. Oh My Yogg may be the best Hearthstone card ever, and it was the MVP for a lot of games. I had one Competitive Spirit in the deck, and I kept waffling over whether to take it out. I never remember to do it though. My final boss game was against Reno Priest. I won when they calculated my lethal as it was on board, and then Competitive Spirit gave me exact lethal.

But seriously, Oh My Yogg may be the greatest card ever printed for any card game. I love it.

OK, I love OG Yogg and Tess more. But Oh My Yogg is amazing.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I have not seen an oh my Yogg live yet. Is it getting much play in standard? Seems like straight dude Paladin is running over everything?

Seeing a demon hunter cast skull of gul'dan and oh my yogg! turning it into starfiring their own face is pretty amusing

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Seeing a demon hunter cast skull of gul'dan and oh my yogg! turning it into starfiring their own face is pretty amusing

It's like having an Ancient God in charge of nerfs.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    edited November 2020
    I don't know if Demon Zoolock is any good, but I can tell you that Demon Zoolock getting astronomically improbably lucky draws is good. Doing 45 damage to a Zoo deck and not winning is pretty absurd.

forty on
    seeing a lot of players lethalling themselves to deny people doing deal x damage quests

mean spirited and shitty

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    seeing a lot of players lethalling themselves to deny people doing deal x damage quests

mean spirited and shitty

I am not going to waste my time and assume everyone who is winning against me has an X damage quest. Especially when I have a Mana quest.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    I have not seen an oh my Yogg live yet. Is it getting much play in standard? Seems like straight dude Paladin is running over everything?

I have no idea about Standard. In Wild though, it’s incredibly disruptive. And the random results can be delightful. Like an aggro Druid trying to cast Power of the Wild and getting Defile instead. Or a Priest trying to Mass Hysteria and getting Deck of Wonders. Or a Mage trying to cast Flame Ward and getting Treachery. Or a Hunter trying to cast Animal Companion and getting Ice Block.

OK, that last one sucked. But still!

mean spirited and shitty

Are you sure that is what’s happening? People have been committing hearthstone sudoku for years.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

I have no idea about Standard. In Wild though, it’s incredibly disruptive. And the random results can be delightful. Like an aggro Druid trying to cast Power of the Wild and getting Defile instead. Or a Priest trying to Mass Hysteria and getting Deck of Wonders. Or a Mage trying to cast Flame Ward and getting Treachery. Or a Hunter trying to cast Animal Companion and getting Ice Block.

Wait wait wait. You saw a Hunter in Wild?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

mean spirited and shitty

Are you sure that is what’s happening? People have been committing hearthstone sudoku for years.

Quoting so you can’t change “sudoku” :D

Yilias wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Wait wait wait. You saw a Hunter in Wild?

Look man, those of us who've fallen into the depths of the 9 bonus star range see some really weird shit while we level. Even Hunter, Odd Hunter, Beast Hunter, some people just have no respect for the natural order.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

mean spirited and shitty

Quoting so you can’t change “sudoku” :D

Why would he change the correct term for it?

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Screw this random Shaman deck. You have to kill all their minions otherwise 3/4 rush guy suddenly becomes 12/12 Deathwing.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy