As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Questor wrote: »
    Taunting is fun - nothing happens when you taunt...honest...

*looks at backlog*

Yeah. Sure. Taunting is not dangerous at all.

:(

• QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You pre-emptively struck though Isorn

steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    @cooljammer00 played an Uno Reverse card.

c9ftx1c3fy4o.png

Thanks for the gift!

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Questor wrote: »
    You pre-emptively struck though Isorn

Of course I did. I was taunting after all. Funny enough the thing I gifted is the same game as the above post.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I seem to have escaped unscathed for another year . . . 8-)

Well, okay, I almost escaped unschathed . . .
    lk3kumumbkkt.jpg He guessed it was my birthday.
    Thanks, @cooljammer00! :heartbeat:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Dover got me (for joking about talking about the 18th post) with Among Us, then got me (for the 18th post) with Baldur's Gate 3.

So I will be messing with the character creator in that. And I hear there's this whole other game attached to the character creator, weirdly.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    There's an "enhanced version" of Bloodrayne up on Steam?

That game feels like such a relic. Although, I suppose vampires killing Nazis never really goes out of style.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Oh new thread!

Tonight is the night I fire up Baldur's Gate 3.

I wonder how long I will be stuck in the character creator...

**EDIT**

Oh I forgot! I had a question.

So I want to start playing GTA V/GTAO on PC again and I've owned and beaten it on Steam before. When the Epic store gave it away for free a few months ago I added it to my account there too.

Being that you need to login to Rockstar, does the save move? The only reason I ask is that, if I'm not mistaken, the Epic version included some extra GTAO cash and properties. I don't mind starting over so I won't care if the save isn't compatible but if it is I don't know if I will still be able to cash in the goodies. I never fired up the Epic version.

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Dover got me (for joking about talking about the 18th post) with Among Us, then got me (for the 18th post) with Baldur's Gate 3.

So I will be messing with the character creator in that. And I hear there's this whole other game attached to the character creator, weirdly.

Well, there will be a whole other game attached. Right now there's 1/3 of another game. You get Act 1 and a level cap of 4 for now.

That game feels like such a relic. Although, I suppose vampires killing Nazis never really goes out of style.

And it's free if you own the originals!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    So Marvel's Avengers is half off already and its Steam reviews are looking pretty rough. Is this a review bombing or is it actually kinda meh?

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    emp123 wrote: »
    So Marvel's Avengers is half off already and its Steam reviews are looking pretty rough. Is this a review bombing or is it actually kinda meh?

Everything I've read suggested that it tanked pretty hard. Something like only a 1000 players online after a month or so. But I have no personal experience.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

I have it for PS4. The story is pretty great but, right now, the multiplayer/endgame is lacking.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, everything I read made it sound like the 8 hour story campaign was fine but not worth a $60 price tag, and any additional stuff were hours of play and/or cash (but mostly cash) to unlock and that's . . . just not interesting to me at all.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    Oh new thread!

How many mod recommendations do you want... ?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Yeah, everything I read made it sound like the 8 hour story campaign was fine but not worth a $60 price tag, and any additional stuff were hours of play and/or cash (but mostly cash) to unlock and that's . . . just not interesting to me at all.

I played it hardcore for like two months and then stopped. I'll probably revisit it when Kate Bishop comes out. I'm hoping after the next two or three characters come out there will be a lot more content to play through.

Oh new thread!

I'm scared to ask...

Throw a couple at me :)

Oh new thread!

I'm scared to ask...

I'll do that when I get home from work.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Oh new thread!

I'm scared to ask...

I'll do that when I get home from work.

Sounds good as I am also stuck at work.

• MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    I seem to have escaped unscathed for another year . . . 8-)

Do not taunt Happy Thread Monsters.
    Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and anyone that fears their backlog should avoid prolonged exposure to Happy Thread Monsters.

Caution: Happy Thread Monsters may suddenly gift without warning.

Happy Thread Monsters contain a liquid core, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.

Do not use Happy Thread Monsters on concrete, grass, or in your house.

Discontinue use of Happy Thread Monsters if any of the following occurs:

gifting
    extreme class
    random friend invites
    entering Steam chat
    Steam Sales
    birthdays
    anniversaries
    holidays
    or days ending in 'Y'

If Happy Thread Monsters sends you a Steam invite, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.

Happy Thread Monsters may cause feelings of euphoria or dread.

When not in use, Happy Thread Monsters should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration. Failure to do so relieves the makers of Happy Thread Monsters, PA Incorporated, and its parent company, Gift Pixie 3K, of any and all liability.

Ingredients of Happy Thread Monsters include an unknown glowing green substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.

Happy Thread Monsters have been shipped to our friends behind the Euro shield and they're being flung by cat-apults on unsuspecting thread posters all over the world.

Do not feed Happy Thread Monsters after midnight.

Happy Thread Monsters come with a limited lifetime warranty. Some restrictions apply. The manufacturer is not responsible for any gifting that may occur.

Announcer: Happy Thread Monsters! Accept no substitutes!

This is amazing. @Mudzgut, for consideration for the OP!

Love it. Done.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

And it's free if you own the originals!

I do own the originals. On GameCube and CD-ROM. Don't think I'll be able to prove that to Steam, though.

WotanAnubis on
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular

I played it hardcore for like two months and then stopped. I'll probably revisit it when Kate Bishop comes out. I'm hoping after the next two or three characters come out there will be a lot more content to play through.

I was the same. I love most of the game but there is no reason for me to play like they want me to play aside from costumes, so I'll sometimes hop on and see if there are easy weeklies/dailies I can knock out.
    The campaign is a good time (mostly) and I hope they do much better with the upcoming content after hearing feedback.

• OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    @cooljammer00 used some of his extra life funds to send me some gifts.
    bx8br56zg8iv.png
    Thanks for the puzzle games! I've been chasing that Tametsi high so I will definitely try these out!

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Thanks guys for the info re Marvel's Avengers, I'll probably wait until the Winter Sale since I assume it'll be $30 again.

Although I might be down the Cyberpunk rabbit hole by then...

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

I've been playing on PS4 since release. That said, I'm pretty happy with it as a two evenings a week game. I've got Hulk up to power 150 (max), and I'm working on individual character iconic missions now. If you pick it up, I have to recommend doing the campaign first. Not only are there spoilers (not hard to see coming, but some folks care), but the story is quite good, and the campaign levels scale their difficulty to whatever character you're playing as and sometimes you don't have a choice. So if you're on, say, the last mission with a high level Hulk that you're used to playing in multi where your friends can pick you up when you fall, you may be in for a very difficult time.

Also, everybody plays similarly enough that I'm comfortable playing as all 6 characters but differently enough that I have clear favorites. Also, while it's possible to get everywhere (within reason) as any character, everything is easier when you can fly. That doesn't stop me from preferring Hulk, but my wife has a way easier time finding chests and resources as Thor since she can just zoom around the map to her heart's content while I have to find stuff to climb on like some wingless loser.

Also also, I like the combat quite a bit. It's, expectedly, a lot more melee focused than something like a Destiny, and that means that I had a chance to get good at dodging and feeling like an absolute badass as I do it.

EDIT: Also probably worth noting that I have a regular trio to play with. I've never matchmade with random folks.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    BloodRayne 1 & 2 Terminal Cuts. Yeah, they're not full-fledged remasters, let alone remakes. They're uprezzes, really, with a few useful enhancements.

- they play nice on modern PCs right "out of the box"
    - they support widescreen (neither game did before on PC) and up to 4K resolutions
    - they have increased texture resolutions
    - they have upscaled FMVs (a surprisingly big boon for the handful of nicely-rendered ones Blur did where SD and compression mangled them)
    - they support Xinput controllers natively now, including analog movement, although the on-screen prompts are the old PC style, so they say stuff like "press button 7" and you're like "WTF"
    - the controller layouts default to PlayStation shoulder button layouts, not Xbox (so instead of using triggers you'll use LB/RB and vice versa), but I think that's switchable in the menus, although I haven't done that yet

Etc, etc. BR1 definitely feels like a relic, BR2 less so. Unfortunately both games open with their weakest segments - Louisiana for BR1, the mansion for BR2 - which was off-putting then and probably is even more so now. But both games pick up significantly once you're through those.

They are from a bygone age, though, and demonstrate how far we've come. But they aren't without merit, and assuming you already had the original versions, are definitely worth the low, low price of free.

Edit - and you don't need to play 1 before 2, the stories are (almost) entirely unconnected.

Jazz on
    Oh new thread!

I'm scared to ask...

Baldur's Gate 3 mods certifiably Approved by Pixie:

Hide helmets. - because helmets are *awful* in this game and your ears and sometimes nose will clip through them.
    Shadar-kai race - because shadar-kai are one of the coolest races and I will fight over this.
    Padme's character creation colors - because more tattoo/makeup choices, and because the default choices mostly suck.
    Tieflings of the Nine - because tieflings are awesome so more tieflings are more awesome, if less awesome than shadar-kai.
    5E cantrips - because how can you possibly have an eldritch knight without Booming Blade?
    Complexion for ladies - because freckles, amirite?
    Enhanced gear progression - this breaks everything but in a wonderful way.
    Devilish pack - cleavage. Nuf said.
    Tiefling de-wrinkler - because the base tiefling textures are ... not good. Also, tieflings are awesome. See above.
    Longsword handle resized - because keep your anime swords out of my D&D.
    Custom dice - because if you can't choose your dice color, why are you even playing? (pink dice ftw)
    More short rests - because BG3 lets you have one short rest per game day, which unfairly punishes short-rest-based classes. This gives you 2 or more (you can pick the number you want)
    Improved UI - unfucks some stuff that gets fucked by other mods, for one thing
    Customizer - a hilariously vaguely worded mod that adds a ton of face and hair options

Candor mod manager - you'll want this for simplifying the install of most mods.

There's also a nude mod. I won't link it. You can find it. Hint: search Nexus for "undress"... Naturally, this one of the first 5 mods released for the game.

Hope this helps!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    There's also a nude mod. I won't link it. You can find it. Hint: search Nexus for "undress"... Naturally, this one of the first 5 mods released for the game.

Naturally.
    (In every sense.)

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I really liked the demo for Fights in Tight Spaces. It was like a turn-based tactical but your moves were dictated by a Slay the Spire-esque deck builder (also same sort of overworld node system).

Are there any other games that combine those 2 genres?

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    Oh new thread!

I'm scared to ask...

Hide helmets. - because helmets are *awful* in this game and your ears and sometimes nose will clip through them.
    Shadar-kai race - because shadar-kai are one of the coolest races and I will fight over this.
    Padme's character creation colors - because more tattoo/makeup choices, and because the default choices mostly suck.
    Tieflings of the Nine - because tieflings are awesome so more tieflings are more awesome, if less awesome than shadar-kai.
    5E cantrips - because how can you possibly have an eldritch knight without Booming Blade?
    Tiefling de-wrinkler - because the base tiefling textures are ... not good. Also, tieflings are awesome. See above.
    Custom dice - because if you can't choose your dice color, why are you even playing? (pink dice ftw)
    More short rests - because BG3 lets you have one short rest per game day, which unfairly punishes short-rest-based classes. This gives you 2 or more (you can pick the number you want)
    Customizer - a hilariously vaguely worded mod that adds a ton of face and hair options

Hope this helps!

Wow, that is quite the list! Thank you!

So these are all thorough Nexus Mod Manager? I can't believe I forgot to install that on the new PC. Have to do that when I get home.

Also, about BG III, it's still only Act 1, right?

edited November 2020
    Oh new thread!

I'm scared to ask...

Hope this helps!

So these are all thorough Nexus Mod Manager? I can't believe I forgot to install that on the new PC. Have to do that when I get home.

I don't use Nexus Mod Manager. Not sure if it works for BG3. Use the Candor Mod Manager I linked at the end.

And yes, it's act 1, level cap 4. There's mods to unlock levels up to 20 but I haven't tested any of them, don't see the point. Act 1 will give you in the ballpark of 20-25 hours of content.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I'm SO late to the party. Nevermind.

Need to remember to read the thread before I poast.

Undead Scottsman on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Oh wow, @Mudzgut put my audio in the OP? Thanks!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Oh new thread!

I'm scared to ask...

Hope this helps!

I don't use Nexus Mod Manager. Not sure if it works for BG3. Use the Candor Mod Manager I linked at the end.

And yes, it's act 1, level cap 4. There's mods to unlock levels up to 20 but I haven't tested any of them, don't see the point. Act 1 will give you in the ballpark of 20-25 hours of content.

OK Awesome. Thanks for the info.

I saw a mod for a monk. I guess they aren't in game yet? DAMMIT! I'm not going to download the mod for it, but I need to make one of my favorite characters: Keg Brewfist.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

... I know the answer, but why does she keep taking her pants off?

• MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Oh wow, @Mudzgut put my audio in the OP? Thanks!

I mean, I think most of us think it's pretty awesome, so yeah - yeah I did!
    If you ever want it taken out, just say the word and I'll put it in twice...

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Happy job news was evidently taken as a gifting opportunity by a couple of folks. First @Corsini who PM'd me a mysterious Humble bundle link while I was sleeping last night. Said link turned out to be for ReCore: Definitive Edition which... oh man, I remember this looking so sweet when we were seeing previews for it at E3 in 2015, and then it just sort of flopped on release? Anyway, I was really excited about it, but then life happened, so I'm looking forward to finally getting a chance to play it.

And then our emperor himself, @Iolo hit me this afternoon while I was in the middle of a meeting. So the way I have my home office set up is with two desks that make sort of an L-shape, with my work PC on one, and my personal gaming PC on the other. Call it a convenient way to keep my YouTube podcasts and non-work web browsing discretely separate from actual work. Anyway, this notification popped up, and I'm glad I was on mute, because I've been wanting to get into this series for ages, and just never have.
    c9qcuttk78cg.png

So thanks to the both of you! Backlog. Backlog never changes.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Feeling a bit of a murderhobo itch again. Maybe I should give Fallout New Vegas a third try. My new laptop should be able to run it fine, I think the version of it I have on steam is one of those "all the DLC" editions, and since it's PC maybe I could mod it enough that it doesn't feel like dogshit.
    On the other hand, maybe I should just play a game with actual good gameplay.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Let's see. Carry the one....

Including the 8hrs I get for Veteran's Day (thanks you vets; I'm a DoD civilian), that's 97 hrs for this week and last week (I didn't work last weekend).

Yeah I'm glad I'm taking Mon-Wed off.

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Those are some really nice designs. The pants off do seem to be a bit random though.
    I saw a mod for a monk. I guess they aren't in game yet? DAMMIT! I'm not going to download the mod for it, but I need to make one of my favorite characters: Keg Brewfist.

The 5e monks weren't exactly the strongest class from what I understand. I played one in my last almost IRL/covid campaign for character reasons and the monks are pretty undwhelming.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
    an_alt wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Those are some really nice designs. The pants off do seem to be a bit random though.

The 5e monks weren't exactly the strongest class from what I understand. I played one in my last almost IRL/covid campaign for character reasons and the monks are pretty undwhelming.

My 5e monk was great. I loved using him and I'm hoping to be able to remake him (without the couple of Homebrew items he had).

This discussion has been closed.