As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Edit: I say "new" but it's actually been out since September

ive been yelling about this game for months even in this very thread

how dare you
    I checked and everything! Not hard enough apparently.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

Zak Bagans has apparently bought Bran Castle in Romania.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

it's a national monument and a museum, so uh... how?

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it's a national monument and a museum, so uh... how?

According to Wikipedia it looks like it was in private ownership since 2009? At least under private administration and they refer to it as a private museum, so I assume that means it could also have been sold?
    Wikipedia wrote:
    On 18 May 2006, after a period of legal proceedings, the castle was legally returned to heirs of the Habsburg family. However, the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Culture, was also to administer it for the next three years.

In September 2007 an investigation committee of the Romanian Parliament stated that the retrocession of the castle to Archduke Dominic was illegal, as it broke the Romanian law on property and succession.[8] However, in October 2007 the Constitutional Court of Romania rejected the parliament's petition on the matter. In addition, an investigation commission of the Romanian government issued a decision in December 2007 reaffirming the validity and legality of the restitution procedures used and confirming that the restitution was made in full compliance with the law.[9][10]

On 18 May 2009 administration of Bran Castle was transferred from the government to Archduke Dominic and his sisters, Baroness Maria Magdalena of Holzhausen and Elisabeth Sandhofer. On 1 June 2009 the Habsburgs opened the refurbished castle to the public as the first private museum in the country and presented in collaboration with Bran village a joint strategic concept to maintain their prominent role in the Romanian tourist circuit and to safeguard the economic base in the region.

jgeis on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Will we never be rid of these meddlesome Habsburgs!

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I've been playing some Phasmophobia here and there and it's been great, even when playing with randos. It's still spooky even though there's not really much punishment for dying in the game. If anyone wants to join me next time, I might be playing tonight.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular

I'm so fucking jealous goddamn you Zak Bagans

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    If Zak Bagans had actually purchased Castle Bran (and in the year I found out how affordable getting a ticket to their annual Halloween party was!) then I would be obligated to throw him off some tall balcony, howling as thunder crashed through the sky.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I would love to sit down to have a beer with Zak Bagans just so I could get some insight into how somebody becomes Zak Bagans.

I'm not kidding about that Halloween party btw. It's only about 250 Euros to attend including lodging, apparently.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I assume that's what he pays me for putting up with his rancid ass

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Bro Stoker's Dracula

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    BEDEVERE: What is that?

MAYNARD: They must have died while posting it.

LANCELOT: Oh, come on!

MAYNARD: Well, that's what it says.

ARTHUR: Look, if they were dying, they wouldn't bother to type '(;xo=Øò9zÆ=Xa8oøh90æò=yÆ=000(XOH<9AUÖÖ,ÅTO,BOæIMø¤Ü<NBÖ..V¥Eü60&fNvÜvjÅMOgÅv&v:ÄKÑIABGIS§Ñ£)s'. They'd just say it!

MAYNARD: Well, that's what's posted in the alert!

GALAHAD: Perhaps they was dictating.

ARTHUR: Oh, shut up.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    wj9JbZX.jpg

well that's rad

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    deth deth deth deth deth

that's clearly ye oldde metale concerte

That monk or whoever drew that kicks ass

dude had clearly blazed up prior

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    dude had clearly blazed up prior

That there electric lettuce, baby!

• L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Lizard people confirmed!

You can't tell me that dͩeͤᴛⷮhͪ isn't a lizard person!

LlS9dZY.jpeg

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Bedlam wrote: »
    SNIPPO
    LlS9dZY.jpeg

I would definitely get one for my man cave, but it looks awfully sharp to uppercut while playing games in VR...

Campy on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    It helps that the chandelier itself also looks like an SCP item.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Only $2500 on Etsy. :)

• SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular

What the hell is it made from?

Does it make me tea first thing in the morning?

t9migZb.jpg
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Silmaril wrote: »

What the hell is it made from?

Does it make me tea first thing in the morning?

For $2500 it better be just warming up with the tea.

3dhY0Ia.jpg

Kitty in white:

t9IMJZV.jpg

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Here is an example of how a fake show presented as real can mess people up. The infamous Ghostwatch.
    https://youtu.be/KXJ8Wj9Ezng

I watched Creep 2 because I have the ADHD induced insomnia tonight apparently! It was really good! There's something about those movies that I can't quite put my finger on but I find them absolutely fucking fascinating to watch.

i fucking love ghostwatch

Oh is Ghostwatch the BBC version of that one alien invasion pseudo-found-footage special we had over here in the states?

edited January 2021
    I watched Southbound over holiday break and would HIGHLY recommend it. Its similar in structure to V/H/S but with the quality of the segments raised significantly, with a theme of uncanny valley running throughout. Found all the horror anthologies I could on Hoopla but haven't been super into a horror mood lately due to stress.

Bedlam on
    I watched like two more movies after that y'all. They were both only ok. Malicious and In the Tall Grass, respectively.

The setup of In the Tall Grass was neat. Just the second half didn't deliver.

The main actress also plays Dodge in the Locke & Key series.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    The setup of In the Tall Grass was neat. Just the second half didn't deliver.

The main actress also plays Dodge in the Locke & Key series.

The story it's based on is a little light on payoff as well; I'm not surprised.

kshu0oba7xnr.png