As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

1282930313234»

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to get this game to run in months. Just crashes on startup. Figured I'd try again now using the gameforge client and I just get "The game is currently unavailable to you."

Guess it doesn't want me to play it.

did you migrate your account?

Yep, a while back.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Trying to contact support is turning into a hilarious cycle of login issues that finally culminate in this

9xgdf2g6pkhp.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Triple post ftw!

All sorted. I nuked everything last night and reinstalled the steam version overnight. Can log in and play through Steam now.

Note that Steam has created a whole new Tera store/download page and the old one is dead.. which also resets "time played" to 0 hours, alas :(

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I'm having to do the same thing. The GF client right now is just such a clusterfuck (even when you want to delete the installed game itself, you're forced to open the GF client and update it all the way to the most recent version of Tera BEFORE the game lets you delete it). It is, quite literally, not worth it. Stick with Steam for now- and yes, you can link your GF account to your Steam version, thank anything.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Played for the first time in ... probably a year last night. I'd had an overflow bank for years, I just ignored it and so did the game. Anyways, I started to hover all the stuff I had and... the vast majority of it was deprecated. Like. They deprecated the entire crafting system at some point. I went from 6 thousand gold to 100k in 15 minutes selling 4 bank tabs of materials that I barely remember. They basically streamlined the game out of the game. Anyways, I played my Elin wizard person for a bit, just chasing the story down. Could barely remember any systems. Transmog appears to be... a nightmare now. IDK, my Tera return should run its course in a few days.

When I was about to play, I lucked into reading a comment to uninstall the steam version, then reinstall the ... new steam version, so it was just a little wait for 55gb to DL.

Nosf on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    TERA is closing down its Japanese version, with a closure date of April 20th.

I don't know what that means for the U.S. version, but...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm cleaning house and one of the things I'm getting rid of is a collector's edition of Tera.

If somebody wants it please let me know and we can work something out.

3kVEPuP.jpg

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

The Adventure Ends
    Unfortunately, we come bearing bad news: TERA’s developers, have decided to cease work on TERA. As the last remaining publisher, it is with a heavy heart that we must respect Bluehole’s decision, and will also have to shut down the game.

https://gameforge.com/en-GB/play/tera/news/dce17483-d9a7-4c92-92ad-a83f186067f8

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    RIP

I got a good few hundred hours of entertainment out of bouncing boobily playing this game. I never got back to it after having an install corruption issue a while back, but it was fun while it lasted. Also a lot of fun to mod.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I'd go back once a year or so and dick about, always loved playing that lancer class. Too bad they're killing it.

Damn, almost 10 years to the day.

h1mwnaol3mo9.jpeg

Nosf on