As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2020! The elf is now off the shelf...

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/238187/secret-satans-2020-with-exciting-new-2020-rule-changes#latest

SE++ Secret Satans thread is up. Might want to start lurking there too a bit to warm up your forum stalking skills.

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Gonna have to bow out this year. Just too, too much going on. But thanks for the @!

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Alright, signed up. Need to enjoy the cheer this thread never fails to deliver.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm excited were merging threads this year, I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and this gives me an excuse to stalk around G&T more

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I'm excited were merging threads this year, I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and this gives me an excuse to stalk around G&T more

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Signed up. It's been a weird year for me, wherein I had a great job, lost it, have been out of work for the past two months, but am starting a new job next week, and sure, it's always fun to figure out something to send to one of you folks.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Officially signed up. I'm looking forward to merging with SE+, since over the years I found myself posting there more often.

On a bummer news, I had to put down my kitty this past weekend. I always loved seeing other people pets in their gift posts and he was always in mine. It'll be sad not continuing that tradition this year.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Officially signed up. I'm looking forward to merging with SE+, since over the years I found myself posting there more often.

On a bummer news, I had to put down my kitty this past weekend. I always loved seeing other people pets in their gift posts and he was always in mine. It'll be sad not continuing that tradition this year.

Oh man that sucks. I lost a dog a couple months ago, and my other dog is on borrowed time (she's 6 months past the end of corgi life expectancy). I empathize, and I hope you're doing okay.

camo_sig2.png
  • BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    I totally spaced on this! I will get signed up by the end of the day.

Crazyness this year. Hope to bring a little joy to my santee!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I am all signed up and very excited. Good luck santa on stalking this forum lurker!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Alright, I think I've gotten everything up to date. Looks like we're near the sign up deadline, so last chance!
    Also some of you should give your santa more to work with. Maybe take a gander at the SE++ post to get an understanding of what their hint posts look like.

PSN: jfrofl
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Just wanted to note, I had jokingly put on a PS5 on my wishlist because I know some of us are insane. I have since secured a PS5 order from the Best Buy launch day release and I'm picking it up this week. So ignore that wishlist item :razz:

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I have an Amazon wishlist, and I will provide it upon request as I don't believe they can be searched anymore. There are no consoles on my wishlist HOWEVER, anyone who wants to get me a Series X, PS5, or a Quest 2 is welcome to do so, santa or not lol

Honestly I've decided to wait on the current gen because there are no launch exclusives I care about and I don't feel like competing with scalpers and the people who really want the newest tech. Also the first part of 2021 is filled with Switch gaming for me with Bravely Default 2, Nocturne HD, SMT V, and Rune Factory 5. My Rift S still works just fine for what I need, which is really just Beat Saber and maybe some FitXR(BoxVR). No cord would be nice but I'm of 2 minds about forced Facebook integration, even though I'm still on Facebook (how else will I see pictures of my friend's pets and spam my dogs?).

Also appreciated: gift cards to Michaels, truck loads of Caron Simply soft yarn, DMC embroidery floss, and 18 count aida or evenweave.

Or, you know, surprise me. <3

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So is today the deadline or was last night the deadline?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    So is today the deadline or was last night the deadline?

The deadline is the 17th so it's tomorrow at some point.

edited November 2020
    I couldn't help it. I started browsing online and one thing lead to another and now I have a Holiday Helper.

Hook looks forward to his first holiday on the job!kyeszw4vx1j5.jpg

Kyougu on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Finally got my sign up done, being a lazy bones this year. Looking forward to some high-quality cheer after this dreadful year!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Secret Santa is always a really good time to go through my Amazon wishlist and think to myself "why did I put this on here again?"

Anyway Hints:
    Amazon Wishlist that I've updated: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/14JQIXEMXJTT5?ref_=wl_share

We have Three Switches in the house (two regular and one lite) and we're pretty well stocked with games. Pretty much a Nintendo household but we do have a PS2 and 3, as well as PS Classic mini console. I've got both Nintendo Mini consoles.

Here's a dropbox link to my Nintendo Spreadsheet tracking my collection. I think it's up to date:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/69whex13wku1rrd/Nintendo_Database.xls?dl=0

We have a four year old son that loves Animal Crossing and Lego Marvel 2.

Shirt sizes:
    Me: 3XL
    my wife: L
    my son: 4T

More hints as i think of them but that should get you started. Happy Stalking!

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I'm gonna start with the hints i messaged to the santa union then will try to fill it out a bit more later
    i have a few amazon lists if you need any extra help. I have to prune and update and you know, promise to take care of by the time assignments are sent out. this share should show multiple lists. i kind of have them separated as misc/books/games/graphic novels so if you don't see multiple options and need to access them let me know. i don't think you can see the other lists on mobile but i did test it and it seemed to work with my partner, though i've now dangerously revealed my wishlist existence to them. If it's feasible to use that for ideas but do the actual shopping at local or indy business i'd consider that a gift too just because they're bad.
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/21ICKEO8SKIS9?ref_=wl_share

for starter hints though, I'm a designer and i live in Chicago.
    I'm always into gifts that represent your local culture/foods/drinks/etc whatever you want to share from where you are. If you have a chance to shop local i'm all about whatever that translates into as a gift.
    on the off chance you're in Japan, I grew up there so i'd love local type gifts from there that might remind me of that.
    I'm generally into designery arty gifts, though I'm less the "wow ampersands are so cool" kind of designer and more the "these systems you designed are fundamentally fucked and getting people killed and i'm gonna yell at you about it" kind.
    My posting habits are weird I know. I'm frequently just in the handful of threads for whatever game/media i'm currently engaging in.
    I always liked reading but COVID life has really gotten me back into it this past year and I've been making a concerted effort to read more by non "generic cishet white guys." For example i just burned through NK Jemisin's Broken Earth trilogy in a weekend and excited to read more by her.
    I worked in a boardgame store for a year and that kind of got me into the tabletop hobby though it's been a bad year for group gatherings to play games.
    Gaming wise, I just built a new beefy computer (nominally for design work but who's gonna judge) for the first time since 2012 so I'm excited to get into a lot of the graphical powerhouse kind of games i've missed (A PA member already gifted my cyberpunk). I also got godfall, ac valhalla, and wow shadowlands as promos on my GPU so I guess i've got the big holiday games covered this year?
    I'm also initiatefailure on steam and spend time in the adventure team chat, probably moreso as we get closer to the holidays.
    I also have a switch and PS4. PS store just removed wishlists and i don't think switch is shareable but i'll try to fill out the game section on the amazon list to give some idea on what i might be in to. I just started tales of vesperia on switch and am hooked. I haven't done much ps4 gaming lately, mostly i still have to finish FF7R and a lot of neglected ps+ titles. I'm also into any switch games i can co-op on the couch with my partner.
    I'm looking to get a ps5/Index but that kind of depends on when i get a job again (covid job market is ugh).
    I can probably conscript my partner into helping you if you need it. the easiest way is likely through her twitter (the username is in the santa PM) and I'm just gonna be upfront that finding me on twitter won't so much help you with gift finding as it will just be a bunch of me yelling about how bad the US conservative party is and retweeting much smarter people on the topic.
    Feel free to ask anything else with whatever level of sneakiness you prefer. i'll also likely be a little more active on the board in the near future both as the holidays near and my current gig just ended so I'll have time.
    2020 is rough and i get that. i'm very into experiences much more than things especially now. I'd just be excited for you to share a part of yourself. good santa hunting

initiatefailure on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I shouldn't this year, and I almost put myself into a panic deciding, but all signed up.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Amazon not allowing lookups kinda ruins the fun of stalking, so I guess here's a bit hint post. More necessary I suppose this year than previously as I haven't been as active.
    Board Games/Accessories: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3JOIM9GSFBFLH?ref_=wl_share
    RPGs: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3OHTQ4V0DHZGD?ref_=wl_share
    Video Games: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3BT25T6I1FKVK?ref_=wl_share
    Comics: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/T75H0OKO1SYQ?ref_=wl_share

I haven't updated them in a while. I'll try to soon.
    I do not have or have preordered or plan to get either of the new consoles. That's just not in the cards. We've got a Switch the kids play the most.
    I work IT, enjoy trinkets, fiddlers, and geeky stuff.
    I wear a size L shirt.
    I enjoy nearly all forms of alcohol. Most recently dabbling into bourbons. My go-to chill drink is just a good ale, like a scottish or irish red. I do not care for IPAs.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Ah - didn't realize that amazon wasn't letting people search. If my Santa needs/wants to see it:
    We have a PS4, XB1, Switch, and a PC that is running fairly recent games well (I'm playing Gears Tactics on it right now). No PS5 or Series X yet.
    Amazon list
    Kindle books

camo_sig2.png
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Additional Hints:
    I just got back from a year in Korea, away from my family. No mid tour due to COVID, so I'm spending as much time with them in person as possible. We love interesting and unique board games. I own Gloomhaven and Jaws of the Lion, we love Dixit and play a lot of Jackbox (1-6 party packs owned so far). I'm a Playstation guy, but I have money socked away for a PS5 whenever they resurface on the market again, so don't worry about that.

Let's see, nerd-filiations: Ravenclaw, Abzan/Mardu, Minmatar, uh... I'll add more if I think of them.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    Hopefully it's not too late to enter. If so, ignore my PM.

steam_sig.png

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Santa, quick tip, if you see any games on my Steam wishlist that have been on the Humble monthly at any point since Feb 2016 I already have it, I just haven't redeemed the key yet.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Additional tips:
    I'm really not fussy or particular. I've missed most of the gaming zeitgeist since 2015 when I started grad school and a new career, but I now have a Switch and a PS5. I don't game on the PC anymore, I spend way too much time working at home staring at a computer screen to keep doing that in an office chair.

Otherwise I love books, often reading history and philosophy but not at all limited to that. My Amazon wishlist is rather full of an assortment of items for that and lots of other stuff. I'll go sort it while I'm thinking about it.

I also used to be big into road cycling, but now primarily run, and am about to complete my third half-marathon race of the year.

Also, my three cats are a massive part of my life. Two of them are sitting on my lap as I write this.

Finally, I like discovering new things and learning about other cultures, so feel free to impart something to me that tells me more about you!

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sad to sit this one out but there's been far too much bad news that I couldn't comfortably take part in this, sadly. That said, I'll frequent the thread for the wholesome content I'm lacking irl!

• HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I went trough my amazon wishlist and most items are no longer sold or available. This list is now more a guide for themes than a direct shopping list.

Here's additional info/tips. Honestly I'm up for whatever thing Santa may think I would enjoy, but if you need hints, here it is. Honestly I'm always grateful for anything I receive, and in my 10+ years of doing this I never been disappointed/
    PS4 is my only gaming system. I played pretty much all the big releases for it but there's still a lot of smaller games I probably ignored.

I enjoy all sorts of craft beers and my favorite styles are stouts and barrel age.

I have a brand new kitten.

I'm really into the outdoors. My favorite activities are climbing, hiking/backpacking and running.

Trying to cook more.

I'm big into comics, with Spider-Man and Superman being my favorites. I enjoy some anime too, mostly shonen stuff like Naruto/Bleach/Demon Slayer/MHA/DBZ

I have a kindle and read all sorts of books. Even lead a book club.

I'm pretty open and easily searchable in social media. Twitter: El_Chiclets, IG: Brownchiclets, FB: Omar Acoska

I think that's it.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I’m gettin’ antsy! I need me some targets!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Also, I just put up some Christmas lights on my house and some snowmen in my yard.

I think this is the earliest I’ve ever gotten Christmas stuff set up, since I usually have a “never before Thanksgiving” rule.

This year just needed it a little earlier than usual.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Also, I just put up some Christmas lights on my house and some snowmen in my yard.

I think this is the earliest I’ve ever gotten Christmas stuff set up, since I usually have a “never before Thanksgiving” rule.

This year just needed it a little earlier than usual.

History's greatest monster.

• IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Yeah my partner and I put up the tree a week and a half ago. Partly because we want our newest kitten to get used to it before ornaments go up, and partly because 2020 has been rough and we just need some damn cheer in our house.

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    I don't put up a tree, but I have a nice pre-lit wreath that I hang above the fireplace and I put tomte on the hearth. I started buying a new buddy to join the collection every year. It's a recent tradition but I look forward to the time when they take over my home for a month.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    edited November 2020
    SHITS GOING OUT NOW!

Also you guys should post gift gets in both threads. Because this year needs more holiday cheer!

Edit: Actually about a 3rd of the list is going out now. The other 2/3rds should be soonish.

Radiation on
    I wrote a short blurb about likes and dislikes in my PM. But I see a lot of people posting in the other SS thread with their blurb in spoilers. What do I need to do? What do i need to post/provide? I'm not used to the new rules! Something about wishlists? My Amazon wishlist is all random furniture.

steam_sig.png

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hi Y'all!

Some of you may know me, Some of you may not!

I am the friendly SE++ Secret Satans Imp!

I help the host Brolo with the sending things (and helping Radiation this year now too)

I am also a good go-between for asking your target a question, but helping you remain anonymous!

Just shoot me a PM with who you're trying to find out more about and as soon as I can I'll get their answer back to you.

I am in New Zealand, so there's a chance that I might be sleeping when you message, but if you can wait until I wake up, I'll get your answer as soon as I can.

I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you! And to help bring joy and cheer and fluffy things, or not, everywhere!

Happy Hunting, y'all!

I wrote a short blurb about likes and dislikes in my PM. But I see a lot of people posting in the other SS thread with their blurb in spoilers. What do I need to do? What do i need to post/provide? I'm not used to the new rules! Something about wishlists? My Amazon wishlist is all random furniture.

Should be fine with what you sent. That should get passed to your santa. But if you want to make their job easier you can certainly post more hints or whatever.

edited November 2020
    OH! Also!
    I'm sorry if you get matched with someone you've had before.
    Also also, there are 3 separate chains of gifting. I know SE usually detectives to see how the chains work. I feel like maybe I did this last year? I'm not sure, but essentially A gifts B, B gifts C, C gifts A. But we'll have 3 of those chains.

Edit: Oh hey, I can edit instead of posting a bunch.
    You can message me, or lovelyahava, or Brolo, or Proxy the Elf with any questions you want passed on to your Santee.

Radiation on
This discussion has been closed.