As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The level requirement for transferring Pokemon Go stuff to home is now at 24 and will likely continue to drop quickly.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    They're a very rare reward from the digging bros and you get one at certain win milestones in the Battle Tower

Ah oh well. Once I complete the dex I can make new profiles and just farm those I guess

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    They're a very rare reward from the digging bros and you get one at certain win milestones in the Battle Tower

Ah oh well. Once I complete the dex I can make new profiles and just farm those I guess

I think you can also make gold bottle caps by feeding three regular bottle caps plus a random ingredient into the Cram-o-matic. Regular bottle caps are decently easy to farm from Max Raids.

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Yeah 3 bottle cap+any item.

There are a bunch of recipes like that such as turning nuggets into big nuggets rare candies into ability capsules and such.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Dynamax adventures have made me realize that I hate the sound they put for wing flapping. Especially togetic. While everyone is choosing their moves just flap flap flap.

Still trying for a shiny Zygarde in dynamax adventures. No dice yet, but I have gotten a shiny Jynx and a shiny Electabuzz out of it so far. Not so bad!

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I'm so glad I have the event Shiny Zygarde

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Mythical pokemon Zarude for north america as part of the pokemon trainer club newsletter apparently with a fairly small sign up date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yHJyS0DAHw&ab_channel=AustinJohnPlays

Oh good, a dynamax adventure griefer who just attacks teammembers. That's a quick and easy close software -> retry.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    i havent got any shiny pokemon from adventures yet, and i catch pretty much all pokemon. i also dont have the shiny charm, so that probably isn't helping.

Oh, wow, just bumped into a shiny staravia right now while playing Platinum on my DS. Managed to catcher her with the first duskball I threw, which was doubly lucky, as staravias use whirlwind a lot around here.

camo_sig2.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I transferred a Shiny Deoxys to Home from Go. That's it, that was all my energy for this week. One shiny legendary

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    i havent got any shiny pokemon from adventures yet, and i catch pretty much all pokemon. i also dont have the shiny charm, so that probably isn't helping.

Yeah, it's 1/300 without charm and 1/100 with

I have charm and have gotten 3 non-legends. No luck on the Rayquaza I've been going for though

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    edited November 2020
    Zunde wrote: »
    Yeah 3 bottle cap+any item.

There are a bunch of recipes like that such as turning nuggets into big nuggets rare candies into ability capsules and such.

I did not know about these! I hadnt really touched the cram o matic because it creeped me out

King Riptor on
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I did end up hatching a shiny torkoal today, but it's speed iv is 31 not 0.

F

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I did end up hatching a shiny torkoal today, but it's speed iv is 31 not 0.

F

Can always use chlorophyll follow me Vileplume to give it like 600 speed instead of using trick room.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    nah it's garbage
    just send it to me so i can dispose of it :D

camo_sig2.png
    Finally got Melmetal and meltan. Now that monkey is the last legendary I dont have beside Arceus.

Now begins the living dex project

Trading from Go is now open for all levels.

So why is Porygon Z so popular right now? Like 6 mid evo's I was looking for asked for one

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    So why is Porygon Z so popular right now? Like 6 mid evo's I was looking for asked for one

It's got a gigantic Special Attack stat with serviceable Speed, and Adaptability gives it double damage on all Normal moves, which aren't broadly resisted. Max Strike powered by Hyper Beam is a colossal hit and lowers Speed, and Speed control is one of the most important factors in any context. It can also be used as a Trick Room setter or exploiter, has Ally Switch (an extremely useful tanking tool in Doubles) and it's got a pretty wide move-pool to cover those cases where Normal won't cut it (for instance, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt). Being so multifunctional gives it an additional benefit in that your opponent doesn't just have to deal with the Porygon-Z you actually have, but they have to go to extra effort to figure out which kind you're running.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Ah. Time to train my Z then

Had an interesting conversation with a friend who lives in Japan when i was talking about Gamestop event codes and mentioned that i really wish i could get my hands on one of those Cherish ball Milcery's

Apparently those specific pokemon are from the Pokemon centers but only if it's your birthday and it's generally considered weird/creepy for an adult to request them because it's a kids game compared to down here where Gamestop/target has a code and it's just like "Hey can i get a few of them pokemon codes?"

Just a fun bit of culture shock

Trying to make a living pokedex and Id forgotten what a cesspool GTS is.
    No Im not giving you Regidrago for a Flaffy

I don't bother to search for what i'm looking for on the GTS i just put up a fair breedject for what i want and wait it's less of a pain in the ass

Zunde wrote: »
    I don't bother to search for what i'm looking for on the GTS i just put up a fair breedject for what i want and wait it's less of a pain in the ass

Ive had luck with ditto but it takes awhile. The ones currently trapped on bank are pretty annoying to get in general though

• InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    Offering up some Own Tempo Rockruff got me everything I wanted except maybe a legendary. Now I'm handing out Drampa's since no one deserves to deal with a 2% random appearance rate.
    Incidentally if anyone wants a modest Drampa with decent but not great IVs just send me a pm

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
    Offering up some Own Tempo Rockruff got me everything I wanted except maybe a legendary. Now I'm handing out Drampa's since no one deserves to deal with a 2% random appearance rate.
    Incidentally if anyone wants a modest Drampa with decent but not great IVs just send me a pm

My luck with Raids has not been great. I see people getting milotic and stuff ( and Im always to late to join)and Im getting nothing.

Bailed on Shield when I got to the champion battle and all his mons were a dozen levels ahead of me. Jumped back in to find out that apparently they made it slightly easier to catch pain in the ass Pokemon (Feebas, Mawile, etc.) in the expansions. So kudos for that.

But anti-kudos for the fact that trading via Pokemon Home doesn't trigger evolutions. And trying to trade with random people is an absolute crapshoot. I had two people abscond with Rhydons. I gave up and just imported a Rhyperior from Go.

edited November 2020
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Bailed on Shield when I got to the champion battle and all his mons were a dozen levels ahead of me. Jumped back in to find out that apparently they made it slightly easier to catch pain in the ass Pokemon (Feebas, Mawile, etc.) in the expansions. So kudos for that.

But anti-kudos for the fact that trading via Pokemon Home doesn't trigger evolutions. And trying to trade with random people is an absolute crapshoot. I had two people abscond with Rhydons. I gave up and just imported a Rhyperior from Go.

Most of the trade evolutions are in the wild. On the isle of armor Rhyperior is in the desert area

King Riptor on

that's why you ask me to do the evo trades
    and there's rhyperiors to catch in the Isle of Armor.

camo_sig2.png
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    They really need to overhaul evolution methods to get rid of the ones that only exist to justify how the new evolution isn't a retcon. They finally changed some of the ones that rely on being in a particular spot to evolve in the latest game, but they need to do the rest of them as well.

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular

jothki wrote: »
    They really need to overhaul evolution methods to get rid of the ones that only exist to justify how the new evolution isn't a retcon. They finally changed some of the ones that rely on being in a particular spot to evolve in the latest game, but they need to do the rest of them as well.

I have a completed national dex in X and I refuse to deal with it ever again.

i did that in OR and Sun and Ultra Moon and Let's Go and Sword
    and i've been maintaining a Living dex since OR too

camo_sig2.png
    joshgotro wrote: »

Hey me too!
    I wasnt gonna bother ever again but Im only 222 away according to bank and thats pretty achievable

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    joshgotro wrote: »

Hey me too!
    I wasnt gonna bother ever again but Im only 222 away according to bank and thats pretty achievable

I'm pretty excited for my Omega Ruby run. I let my buddy pick my team outside of HM slaves. Best part is I'll just dump all my X guys into OR after I finish the story. Then Ultra Sun. Maybe by the time I roll around to Sword/Shield they will all be in it.

joshgotro on
    I think the transfer from bank ate a few of my guys though. Is that common?

I think the transfer from bank ate a few of my guys though. Is that common?

shouldn't be

and I really liked OR, is much more fun than Y

camo_sig2.png
    Finally getting into Crown Tundra, which is already miles better than the bare bones Isle of Armor.

So, question on Gigantimax Adventures. Is it possible to get more than one of each legendary, or do they get removed from the pool when they're caught?

Also, is there any danger in trading Zacian for Zcatonkeyboard? Like, someone removing the rusted sword/shield and locking them in their origin forms?

You can only catch a legendary once in dynamax adventures. You can run into them again, but after hearing them they'll run away without giving you a chance to catch them.