As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Hell yeah, got a shiny shadow Koffing from a Team Rocket balloon. This shiny shadow Weezing is gonna be my buddy forever.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Finally:.
    caympryfrfc6.png
    Only been playing since launch

• ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    This dragon event has been a right dud. Especially if anyone was after collecting Deino or hoping to get a shiny one from eggs etc. Especially as players have caught onto the fact that you were more likely to hatch one from the older 10K eggs in the past that you are from this. Niantic making the hatch rate from 7K eggs being less than 1% is pretty naughty.

Just seems of late that Niantic has been pulling some weird changes behind the scenes that are cynical.

Uhhh
    I've just been collecting candy from the Dragon spawns because I see them next to never outside these events.
    That's made the event worth it for me.

discrider wrote: »
    Uhhh
    I've just been collecting candy from the Dragon spawns because I see them next to never outside these events.
    That's made the event worth it for me.

From the point of view of getting extra Dratini, Bagon and even Gible candy, the event is fine. However for all 3 Go fest spawned all of them in regular amounts. The main attraction of the event was Deino who before the event was near mythical to find in the wild and only from 10k eggs. So to advertise Deino shiny available as the main draw was just a little misleading especially when nicqantic deliberately reduced hatch rates in 7K eggs for Deino and Gible making them far worse chances than hatching from 10k eggs normally. Not having Deino in any raids or even just an increase in wild encounters as people still desperately need candy to evolve becomes a half assed effort.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    I still have zero Gibles.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I still have zero Gibles.

So now would be a bad time to talk about my shiny gible?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    You can talk about your shiny Gible! I'd still be out of Gibles regardless.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    I got a shiny alolan grimer from one of the golden eggs. That has to be the weirdest looking pokemon I've got.

:so_raven:
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I caught two gibles during the event!

I also got a Deino from somewhere like two months ago.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yeah, the ultra-low hatch rate for Deino is a bummer, but I'm pretty happy with the Gibles I've been catching.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    There's been some sort of weather advisory here for the past couple of days, which has significantly lowered the spawn rates for the event. Feels bad, man.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    I got a shiny alolan grimer from one of the golden eggs. That has to be the weirdest looking pokemon I've got.

Especially after I evolved it.

:so_raven:
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Decided to put this on mine and the kids phones as an excuse to go places we normally wouldn't. Have to say I'm enjoying the game. Finally, fucking finally, caught a Charizard on my sixth attempt.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    I'm thrilled to see all these stories about this being a lil bonding moment for parents when they get their daily walk in during their quarantine time. I think it's a bad of a bummer that it HAD such a big rush of excitement at the beginning because no one really realizes how much the game has changed for the better in terms of Small Radius playing.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Of course I catch a Charizard the day before a Charmander event. Eh, more candy to power him up.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • AdventAdvent Registered User regular
    Is it better to get shadow ball as a second attack on a regular mewtwo (3400 cp) or to use the candy to level a shadow mewtwo (894 cp)? Just under 100 candy, at this point. O.o

Advent wrote: »
    Is it better to get shadow ball as a second attack on a regular mewtwo (3400 cp) or to use the candy to level a shadow mewtwo (894 cp)? Just under 100 candy, at this point. O.o

Depends on how much you do Battle League. If you don't, second charged moves are nigh-pointless. But if you are, pvpoke is currently recommending Psystrike and Focus Blast.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I currently have a quest to add a friend - my code is 2349 7593 8961

Also Discrider you never open the gifts I send you!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    edited November 2020
    Gizzy wrote: »

I blame RingFit
    I've basically switched over entirely.

Maybe when I start working from the office I'll start walking again at lunch, but I haven't opened the app in months now :S

This is why we need something better than last seen: 2 days+

discrider on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    yeah I've barely touched the game at all during The Times

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Sent you a friend request! Fair warning, right now I don't look at my friends list too often, but I do play at least once a day.

edited November 2020
    It's Electabuzz CD today, and I am hating how they won't stop moving and busting out of balls, unlike regular CD Pokemon. Stop moving you little shits!

Wearingglasses on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

Sent you a request

I'm 8617-3035-0529

Could use 3 friends for quests

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

Sent you a request

I'm 8617-3035-0529

Could use 3 friends for quests

Just sent you a request if you still need one.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    It's Electabuzz CD today, and I am hating how they won't stop moving and busting out of balls, unlike regular CD Pokemon. Stop moving you little shits!

Yeah I had more breaks on yellow to yellowgreen today than I've had on fucking orange catches. Though if you needed some excellent throws this was a great CD for you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2020
    SO. MANY. CHANGES.

Here's a very, very brief rundown of all the major stuff just announced that's happening Nov. 30:

--The level cap is up to 50. As rumored, each level beyond 40 requires you to do tasks in addition to XP. Each level is themed, with examples being evolution, buddies, beating up Team Rocket, etc.

--XP rewards for pretty much every action is being boosted permanently, and catch XP will be doubled until the end of the year.

--Hit level 40 by the end of the year and you'll get a special medal, timed research, and a Gyarados hat.

--"Candy XL" will be required to boost Pokemon further. You can get this by catching, combining candy, or other means.

--Different Pokemon will show up in the wild, in eggs, and in raids based on season. For instance, ice-types might be more common in winter. Yes, the seasons will be swapped for northern and southern hemispheres.

--Battle league will go from 10 ranks to, uh, 24. There will be a different reward structure.

--Pokemon from Kalos (generation 6) will show up Dec. 1. One of them will be in one-star raids. Klefki will be exclusive to France.

--Aaaaaand a friendship event starts today.

cloudeagle on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Awesome to everything except more goddamn regional exclusives.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    I am 1.1 million XP away from level 40. I'm going to need roughly 200k every week or so from now to make it and get those Legacy stuff (medals, gear, etc). I figure it's not too hard, even with the pandemic? Looks like I need to stock back up on incense and lucky eggs, though. Anyone else in the same scenario?

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I am about 750,000 away from level 40. My plan is to just use lucky eggs and incense as much as I can, since catching and then later evolving Pokemon while using a lucky egg is a pretty good way to gain a lot of experience.

I am about 750,000 away from level 40. My plan is to just use lucky eggs and incense as much as I can, since catching and then later evolving Pokemon while using a lucky egg is a pretty good way to gain a lot of experience.

I would wait for a double XP event as using a lucky egg stacks on top of the double XP. Also when you are doing this try to collect and use as many star pieces as you can. Stardust becomes extremely valued in the meta.

Leveling redesign testing premieres in Australia

A portion of level 40 Trainers in Australia will soon be given early access to some of these new features! We’ll be rolling out the level-cap increase to Australia tomorrow for testing
    :exclaim:

Patch notes are made of lies and sadness.

Ziggymon wrote: »

I would wait for a double XP event as using a lucky egg stacks on top of the double XP. Also when you are doing this try to collect and use as many star pieces as you can. Stardust becomes extremely valued in the meta.

While generally good advice, the current double catch XP might be the only double XP event until the deadline. Though it's almost guaranteed that one of the spotlight hours (Tuesdays at 6 pm) in December will have double XP, so save an egg or two for that. Possibly Community Day too; they tend to go all-out for bonuses in December.

cloudeagle wrote: »

While generally good advice, the current double catch XP might be the only double XP event until the deadline. Though it's almost guaranteed that one of the spotlight hours (Tuesdays at 6 pm) in December will have double XP, so save an egg or two for that. Possibly Community Day too; they tend to go all-out for bonuses in December.

From my memory wasn't it December time when they introduced the 3X XP events? Considering the new stuff arrives soon Niantic usually tries to introduce ways for newer players to fast track.

cloudeagle wrote: »

From my memory wasn't it December time when they introduced the 3X XP events? Considering the new stuff arrives soon Niantic usually tries to introduce ways for newer players to fast track.

Maybe, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen again. I wouldn't squirrel away more than five or so eggs in hopes for an event.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I have, uh, millions of xp to go. I don't think I'll try

steam_sig.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I have 2 Million to go and not sure how realistic it is to try for. I suppose I could start by trying to friend all of you (if I haven't), and get busy raiding a bunch?

PSN: jfrofl
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    don't forget that the xp egg also works for doubling friendship milestones - if you've got any great/best friends coming up, best to save them for the next CD and pop an egg/open gifts on that day!

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Wooo level 40!

So now what do I do?