As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the [chat]oneer

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    e0FiSxK.jpg

I’m in this picture and I don’t like it

can you feel the struggle within?
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    e0FiSxK.jpg

I’m in this picture and I don’t like it

that's what chat is for

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Having not read or watched Ready Player One, I assumed the work at some point makes a statement about how The Oasis is bad and 1980s pop culture obsession is suffocating.

From what I understand, the real world in the book is a horrible future dystopia that's falling apart and ravaged by poverty and the creator of the oasis is revealed to be a huge loser. It would be stunning to play the themes straight and be like OH WOW LOOK A ROBOCOP FIGHTING A TERMINATOR

This assumption you made would be wrong

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Do you ever get really upset and anxious about something and then the thing that had you in dread slips your mind for a moment so you still have the heavy feeling of unwellness but you’re just waiting for it to suddenly spike when you remember the subject

No. I think I have a consistent underreaction to things, and am irrationally drawn towards an everything is fine feeling.

Keep on trucking, even when the wheels fall off and there is no truck and this isn't a road even.

I think this means I am good in a crisis situation but very bad at future planning or putting forth any effort without someone suggesting I should want to.

If it was a humanity full of me's we would probably still live in caves and accept that someone just gets eaten by a lion every week.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    The theme of RP1 is, literally, oh cool! A Robocop fighting a Terminator!

And then it makes value judgements based on whether you picked robocop or terminator, and no, again, not in the way you're thinking.

The judgement is "if you picked robocop instead of terminator you aren't a real nerd."

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    It's established that The Minions (who seek the most evil person around at any time) did not participate in WWII, despite what Boomers may think.

Too busy manning Soviet gulags.

Actually they were in Antarctica until the events of the Minions movie.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    what if ready player one is supposed to disgust you with its commitment to the bit and that's the whole point

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    The theme of RP1 is, literally, oh cool! A Robocop fighting a Terminator!

And then it makes value judgements based on whether you picked robocop or terminator, and no, again, not in the way you're thinking.

The judgement is "if you picked robocop instead of terminator you aren't a real nerd."

Oh thanks goodness. I wouldn't want to be a real nerd when i can be a fake one.

I caught it before the edit, DK, but yes the book is that meme, told from the perspective of the dullard

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    the wow cool robot meme is extremely fitting for pretty much any nerd ip tho, this just goes one further in the meta-level where the author themself is the credulous face in the meme

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Eddy wrote: »
    the wow cool robot meme is extremely fitting for pretty much any nerd ip tho, this just goes one further in the meta-level where the author themself is the meme

Slowly adding a point to your aesthetics score while maintaining eye contact for this incredibly chad move

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Lol that elf thing is crazy

First of all, elves speak in a Boston townie accent,
    Thanks for ruining elves forever ceddy

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Sleep wrote: »

Thanks for ruining elves forever ceddy

fwiw, elves speak with a transatlantic 50s radio accent [if I had my way they'd be speaking in Japanese to reflect their greying population and immense psychic pain of watching your culture slowly disintegrate in the face of modernity]; it's dwarves that are townies

the chat lore is deep, and I think you'll also find it consistent

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    dwarves obviously speak in kansai, natch

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

good LORD

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    been doing some thinking at work these past few days, have decided that it's unethical to go to stores right now

nobody go to a store please

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    been doing some thinking at work these past few days, have decided that it's unethical to go to stores right now

But if you DO go and happen to find an Xbox, can you grab it for me?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I've been thinking about making qAnon merch so like whatever man grift as many tasteless yokels as you can

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I aim to please y’all

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    hello I have been having a cripplingly bad depression time that has been destroying my finances by making me unable to work and generally slowly rendering my life a disaster and uh

6 days ago I went on Wellbutrin after trying some other stuff and this morning my body just..woke up? At 10:30? And then I did things? And I feel pretty good and normal??

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Oh so thats why Google killed Play Music.

YouTube Music has ads during music you purchased.
    I want to start a class action lawsuit over this. I'm so mad.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    It's your responsibility to insult yokels while grifting them. In entertainment media, you can do this with obvious themes they'll miss. On custom printed merch your options are limited to hiding rude imagery, wordplay, or good old fashioned bad fonts and kerning.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    oh my god

I managed to find a misfiled folder with like 2 years worth of work on a networked S: drive that is an absolute rat's nest of old folders and work

the relief

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    Unity C# programming is really easy for me to understand.

I like that.

Unity!

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    my entire life is written in papyrus

Bless your heart.

Way ahead of you pal. I haven't been in a store in months.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    TTODewback wrote: »

on papyrus, you mean?
    Because you're really more of a comic sans.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

on papyrus, you mean?

papyrus is the new comic sans though
    oh wait
    im too old aren't I

Bless your heart.
    you got me 21st
    punched me right in the balls

Bless your heart.

on papyrus, you mean?

My favorite comic sans is Horatio.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Wow Horatio Sanz is 51 what the fuck. Did he find a magic fountain in the Americas or what?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I totes believe this story because it’s all that I have left in this, the year of our lord 2020

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    This elves with boston townie accents thing is fuckin me up

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Wow Horatio Sanz is 51 what the fuck. Did he find a magic fountain in the Americas or what?

Comedians who drink of the cup of Piscapo have unnatural long life...

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee

Are they light elves or dark elves

I want to believe the light elves sound like Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei

“Zelda I can’t get the car movin’ cause there’s no pah-zeh-trak-shun”

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Just think about it. Gorgeous ethereal beings sounding like someone screaming at their neighbor. Probably wearing a wife beater and a Sox hat.

u7stthr17eud.png
    That should be a D&D game. Two elven factions fighting

Boston Townie accents and...heavy...new york italian accents

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also Orcs sound like Californians. All "Hey man!" and "What's up dude!"

u7stthr17eud.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    That should be a D&D game. Two elven factions fighting

Boston Townie accents and...heavy...new york italian accents

You should listen to Dimension 20's Fantasy High

Okay the elves are silly, but there's absolutely themes like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QXtxa48WGk

ELVES

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Just think about it. Gorgeous ethereal beings sounding like someone screaming at their neighbor. Probably wearing a wife beater and a Sox hat.

Getting absolutely hammered on jungle juice at a tailgate party

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.