As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[2020 Election] I Won, Says Loser

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I doubt Trump has dementia. He's just a narcissist who's never really had to answer for his bullshit and so never had to develop anything approaching self-awareness or how to handle negative realities. Even when he went bankrupt he still kept his riches and found means to get himself out of them.

Now he's staring down a shitload of consequences for his behavior like a freight train and he's never learned how to deal with that.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Yeah, there was an article yesterday on Rush being upset or something after all the campaign promises of proving the election was rigged, the lawsuits ended up being embarrassing jokes.

I don’t recall if he talked smack on Trump himself, but some on the far right is starting to comprehend that it’s over.

Now the question is what that means for the runoff.
    It was the Sydney Powell press conference. She had promised a bombshell, and then her press conference was super unhinged. It really damaged the GOP credibility, and Rush (rightfully so) said if you promise a bombshell, you need to provide bombshell evidence.

So NOW “unhinged” is a problem for them? Powell’s Trump homage was deranged but the man himself was just fine? I guess things look different when a woman does them.

I think that’s part of it, and part of it is that Trump’s weird charisma magic doesn’t really work for anyone but him quite as well. I think Giuliani got a lot of the same blowback as well.

Like its one thing for the emperor to have no clothes, its another thing for a couple of washed up attorneys that work for him to be running around with their dongs and tits out giving a press conference in a lawn care parking lot next to a dildo store.

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Hey before they shut us down.

I did a run through of the seedy conservative underbelly. And they are not taking it well...especially after Rush gave them a put up or shut up blast.

Be aware and be safe, especially those of us who are other (LGBT, Muslim, PoC). There hasn’t been anything concrete, but there are some unstable powder kegs out there. I’m not saying walk on eggshells, just maybe travel in groups and be hyper aware.

Perhaps the only silver lining to this pandemic is that we don't have to go out much.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    President Donald Trump is retweeting Randy Quaid trumpeting right-wing alternatives to Fox News.

2020 fucking blows.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Six wrote: »
    President Donald Trump is retweeting Randy Quaid trumpeting right-wing alternatives to Fox News.

2020 fucking blows.

Shitter was full.gif

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Yeah, there was an article yesterday on Rush being upset or something after all the campaign promises of proving the election was rigged, the lawsuits ended up being embarrassing jokes.

I don’t recall if he talked smack on Trump himself, but some on the far right is starting to comprehend that it’s over.

Now the question is what that means for the runoff.
    It was the Sydney Powell press conference. She had promised a bombshell, and then her press conference was super unhinged. It really damaged the GOP credibility, and Rush (rightfully so) said if you promise a bombshell, you need to provide bombshell evidence.

So NOW “unhinged” is a problem for them? Powell’s Trump homage was deranged but the man himself was just fine? I guess things look different when a woman does them.

I think that’s part of it, and part of it is that Trump’s weird charisma magic doesn’t really work for anyone but him quite as well. I think Giuliani got a lot of the same blowback as well.

Like its one thing for the emperor to have no clothes, its another thing for a couple of washed up attorneys that work for him to be running around with their dongs and tits out giving a press conference in a lawn care parking lot next to a dildo store.

The shitty veil was pierced for a lot of people (or took them back to where they were before he became their guy)

He’s always been this embarrassing and gross, the latest shit isn’t some newfound layer of incompetence.

It’s basically the Trump Steaks/“no problem down there” shit from the GOP primaries 5 years ago, only all the people that have been programmed to think there was some competence and method there because he won in 2016 are reawakening to their initial impressions.

Edit: just kidding these people never learn

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Trump bragging about the Dow surging on news that he's not going to be President. :V

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Today he finally became presidential.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Trump bragging about the Dow surging on news that he's not going to be President. :V

I was like, oh another twitter rant eh? Nope, he called a live fucking press conference to mark this historic occasion. The best part about these pressers are his sad shuffle back to the exit on the left, while the press scream questions about why he won't concede.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Today he finally became ex-presidential.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    We are rapidly approaching the "Nixon, drunk, wandering the halls of the White House talking to paintings" phase of the transition and I could not be more here for it.

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    aside from any acute issues, he'll be four years older and that's a huge deal at his age; we've already seen him degrade a lot since 2016 and that's just based on his public appearances. I highly doubt he'll be a viable candidate in 2024, especially since he won't have institutional media controls to hide behind

tbh I actually have kinda similar worries about biden but that's the hand we've been dealt

I don’t have any worries about Biden’s current mental faculties but he’s still the oldest President-elect ever I think and he won’t be protected from the stress of the job the way Trump was because he actually cares about things. So the toll it takes on him will probably be pretty severe even for one term.

On the other hand Trump spent four solid years doing almost nothing but choking on his frustration that he can't just shout "guards!" and have anyone he doesn't like imprisoned or killed. Biden's not going to spend every waking hour in a perpetual frothing rage that one person or another isn't being deferential enough towards him.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    aside from any acute issues, he'll be four years older and that's a huge deal at his age; we've already seen him degrade a lot since 2016 and that's just based on his public appearances. I highly doubt he'll be a viable candidate in 2024, especially since he won't have institutional media controls to hide behind

tbh I actually have kinda similar worries about biden but that's the hand we've been dealt

I don’t have any worries about Biden’s current mental faculties but he’s still the oldest President-elect ever I think and he won’t be protected from the stress of the job the way Trump was because he actually cares about things. So the toll it takes on him will probably be pretty severe even for one term.

On the other hand Trump spent four solid years doing almost nothing but choking on his frustration that he can't just shout "guards!" and have anyone he doesn't like imprisoned or killed. Biden's not going to spend every waking hour in a perpetual frothing rage that one person or another isn't being deferential enough towards him.

Trump spent four years surrounded by people who constantly praised him and told him how powerful and good-looking he was, that he had the momentum of a runaway freight train, that all his decisions were right and nothing bad that happened was his fault.

Remember those cabinet meetings where they went around the table telling Trump how much they loved him? Those were just the ones they actively broadcast.

There may have been moments where he didn’t get exactly what he wanted the second he demanded it, but for the most part he appears to have avoided doing any actual Presidenting.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Trump spent four years surrounded by people who constantly praised him and told him how powerful and good-looking he was, that he had the momentum of a runaway freight train, that all his decisions were right and nothing bad that happened was his fault.

Remember those cabinet meetings where they went around the table telling Trump how much they loved him? Those were just the ones they actively broadcast.

There may have been moments where he didn’t get exactly what he wanted the second he demanded it, but for the most part he appears to have avoided doing any actual Presidenting.

ugh, I had forgotten

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    While our worst president is an argument we can make for a long, long, time, is there any president more pathetic than Trump?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Washington Examiner
    BREAKING: Delaware computer repairman at center of Hunter Biden laptop scandal closes shop and skips town

• Options

Sure, he didn't govern at any point in the last four years and was surrounded by sycophants, but that doesn't change the fact that he did in fact spend his entire presidency constantly furious that he wasn't being worshipped by the entire country. Pick a day and look at his Twitter, most of what you'll see is whining about whoever his current enemy is. I'd be physically ill maintaining a week or two of that kind of spite, never mind years of it.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

ugh, I had forgotten

We've forgotten more scandals then even most republican presidents have ever had.

• Options
    After this is all over, I hope someone compiles a list of all the fucked up stuff Trump did.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Sure, he didn't govern at any point in the last four years and was surrounded by sycophants, but that doesn't change the fact that he did in fact spend his entire presidency constantly furious that he wasn't being worshipped by the entire country. Pick a day and look at his Twitter, most of what you'll see is whining about whoever his current enemy is. I'd be physically ill maintaining a week or two of that kind of spite, never mind years of it.

How is that any different from his pre-presidential routine?

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    After this is all over, I hope someone compiles a list of all the fucked up stuff Trump did.

The NYT did that for a pre-election special.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    E:Oops, n/m

I Zimbra on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Posted at corduroy o’clock too

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020

Already done.

The last 4 years have been exhausting and I have this bookmarked so I can refer back to it instantly in the future. Never forget this godawful shitshow of an administration.

mRahmani on
  • Options
    Elite media dipshit opinion seems to be coalescing around "Because the coup didn't work everyone who worried about it was just being hysterical" so I look forward to doing this all again in 2-4 years.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Fair point. I guess I just always assumed that was fun for him, since from his point of view he was just directing the righteous anger of his base toward those who were wrong.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Elite media dipshit opinion seems to be coalescing around "Because the coup didn't work everyone who worried about it was just being hysterical" so I look forward to doing this all again in 2-4 years.

It didn't work and people were being unreasonably worried about things that did not happen. Like Its not to say there isn't a worry, but what was being worried about versus what was happening were fucking miles apart.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    a

I know theres at least 2 very long, detailed, sourced lists of what hes done to the military(vets), and the LGBTQ comunity separately (with overlap in there)

There's also https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/ which I stopped reading a few hundred days in as it was affecting my health. But that's raw day to day minus weekends.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Has anyone found a list of all of Trumps golf outings and scores over the course of his presidency?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

"I didn't crash my car so everyone who told me to wear a seatbelt and respect speed limits and not drive wrong-way into incoming traffic were just being hysterical."

sig.gif
  • Options

Fair point. I guess I just always assumed that was fun for him, since from his point of view he was just directing the righteous anger of his base toward those who were wrong.

I'm pretty sure the last four years have been some of the most miserable years of his life. It took the presidency to land him in a situation where he couldn't just say "I want X" and have X immediately happen, which has to be a complete nightmare for someone who's effectively never had to learn the meaning of the word "no."

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

It didn't work and people were being unreasonably worried about things that did not happen. Like Its not to say there isn't a worry, but what was being worried about versus what was happening were fucking miles apart.

But also the vigilance from people like Marc Elias and the entire Biden turnout operation prevented the worst case outcomes. It's readily apparently that this election was not close enough to steal, but had it been closer, they would have tried.

What the media saying is like that because the Lions didn't score any points Sunday, Carolina shouldn't have bothered fielding a defense.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Has anyone found a list of all of Trumps golf outings and scores over the course of his presidency?
    Do we really think his Caddy isn’t shaving his score down a point on each hole.

And apparently his Caddy is apparently super intense.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Do we really think his Caddy isn’t shaving his score down a point on each hole.

And apparently his Caddy is apparently super intense.

I don't care if the scores are accurate I just can't find anything because it's all buried by a story that his pga account was hacked in 2019

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

But also the vigilance from people like Marc Elias and the entire Biden turnout operation prevented the worst case outcomes. It's readily apparently that this election was not close enough to steal, but had it been closer, they would have tried.

What the media saying is like that because the Lions didn't score any points Sunday, Carolina shouldn't have bothered fielding a defense.

That and the fact that there have been successful failures in the system that need to be accounted for. That Detroit was at risk of being disenfranchised, and Michigan's acknowledgement of reality did not receive unanimity from the Republican officials is legitimately concerning.

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    I don't think it's a good look for the first female President to gain office without being elected.

I remember seeing all these Facebook posts from the Biden campaign about how the election was a lot closer than pollsters believed and they needed all possible support. At the time, I thought they were just pushing for cash and turnout.

Now I know better.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure the last four years have been some of the most miserable years of his life. It took the presidency to land him in a situation where he couldn't just say "I want X" and have X immediately happen, which has to be a complete nightmare for someone who's effectively never had to learn the meaning of the word "no."

I'm sure you're wrong. He's a hateful power-hungry racist narcissist. He became the most powerful man in the USA, able to turn his will into law with a flick of the presidential decree pen. The past four years have given him more attention than he's ever had; every tweet he made was national news across the country, every rally he held was packed, and every word he said echoed around the world. He got to attack and undo everything the first black president did. And he got to order violent reprisal against people he hates: he tailored the US's covid response (or lack thereof) to kill more urban liberals, literally order law enforcement to brutally attack protesters at Lafayette Square, and passed various other measures to penalize individuals, cities, and states that displeased him.

These have been the best four years of his life, and I'm sure he's enjoyed every minute of his hate-fueled racist media-darling power-craze.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    I don't think it's a good look for the first female President to gain office without being elected.

I remember seeing all these Facebook posts from the Biden campaign about how the election was a lot closer than pollsters believed and they needed all possible support. At the time, I thought they were just pushing for cash and turnout.

Now I know better.

They would have said that if Biden was up by 20 points, let alone 10.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

It's gonna be a book like this, except with actual text.

or0so458vgr8.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »

Now I know better.

I wonder how they knew so much better than the public polls. Were their internal polls much better? What was their secret?

This discussion has been closed.