As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Okay Rambo looks like a lot of fun and getting the voice is huge

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Rambo looks fun . And that fatality, gruesome.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    They’re really doing a stellar job giving these fighters strong characterization. Like I know some sites disagree with that characterization of Rambo but that design, the attacks, everything is really uniquely attuned.

I’ve come around to this whole guest thing for MK, I want to see them interpret more

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    One day Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Soul Calibur and Smash Bros will all be merged into one giant guest fighter.
    And the Elder Gods will do nothing to stop it.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Theres usually what three styles per character?

So Rambo I'm guessing theres: Knife style, Ranged style and traps

klemming wrote: »
    One day Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Soul Calibur and Smash Bros will all be merged into one giant guest fighter.

It wouldn’t be that hard to imagine a Soul Calibur character in MK. Yoshimitsu, probably.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

It wouldn’t be that hard to imagine a Soul Calibur character in MK. Yoshimitsu, probably.

I'd hope for Voldo.
    But then, I'd always hope for Voldo.
    Creepy crabwalking gimp ninja...

I'm guessing his katars might clash with Rain's though.

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    steam_sig.png
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    JMan711 wrote: »

She's pretty gruesome but I thought the fatality was kind of lame.

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Yeah even though she pulls a Sonic the Hedgehog, I actually prefer the fatal blow since it starts off with her original fatality. I wasn't really interested in this pack when they first announced it, but they made all three characters look like they are fun to play.

steam_sig.png
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    The pack was also surprisingly cheap in Australia at least

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I like that they went to the effort to actually make her look like Kitana this time (crazy teeth aside).

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    edited November 2020
    I was really hoping for something more animated when it came to her mouth, like an unfolding maw like the reapers from blade 2. But I can also appreciate basically a straight homage to the original done with great graphics

Unfortunately rain and mileena are pretty much my least favourite characters from the original trilogy. It’s not that I dislike them, I think they’re awesome as they are, they just aren’t high up on my personal list. But they basically finally made sub zero look perfect in mk11 so they can do whatever rhey want now as far as I’m concerned

I’d love ferra torr tho, I know she was a bit hit and miss with people but I want more big beastly characters

Is this basically it for all the characters that we have data mine info on? Or are there others?

Prohass on
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    I'm attracted to Mileena and I don't like that.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I was really hoping for something more animated when it came to her mouth, like an unfolding maw like the reapers from blade 2. But I can also appreciate basically a straight homage to the original done with great graphics

yeah i don't want them to do this look again but ultimately, i'm glad that fans of the original look can, for once in their life, actually have it represented in-game in a way that doesn't look like a cartoon

liEt3nH.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    edited November 2020
    Man why does my mortal Kombat dlc never work right after installing it, always have to jank around and open and close and nonsense

It’s recognising I have rain and Rambo installed but not mileena

Also once again I hate that they have some gear locked in timed events in the krypt that only show up randomly like for one day a year. Just let me access the shit you already have in the game

My favourite character is Lui Kang and his default old school red outfit is locked behind a timed krypt event that I missed last time around. Same with jaxs classic arms

Also some of the recent Kombat league skins are incredible, I wish I could play online well and get them but no chance

Prohass on
    edited November 2020
    God damn tho Rains outfits look incredible, his masks are badass

Prohass on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXlDBE23l6U

There's something fun in listening to Stallone discovering all of the weird shit in MK11.

edited November 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXlDBE23l6U

There's something fun in listening to Stallone discovering all of the weird shit in MK11.

There’s a lot of kind of generic responses, but a lot of gems too. It’s just nuts in a great way

I think the highlight of the dlc is the rain frost exchange which is just the lyrics to purple rain said in a dead pan

Prohass on
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Exclusively using that Sonya skin from now on

• never dienever die Registered User regular

Definitely using the Sonya skin if I pick it up.

I wonder why Robin Shou’s Lui Kang wasn’t in this?

never die wrote: »
    Definitely using the Sonya skin if I pick it up.

I wonder why Robin Shou’s Lui Kang wasn’t in this?

They seem pretty into doings sets of three for some reason. Maybe they’ll do another for Liu Kang, Kano and, uh...Shang Tsung, or maybe Lizard Hand Scorpion.

Shang Tsung is already voiced and looks like his movie counterpart

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I think Kano is dead

Yep, died in 2003 at the age of 40. :(

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    They better do Sindel!

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Those skins look a little undercooked to me, not sure what it is. Awesome concept, though.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Those skins look a little undercooked to me, not sure what it is. Awesome concept, though.

I mean, so did the costuming in the movies, so I'd say they did good work.

edited November 2020
    Give me Harry from Dexter in his human form Raiden skin.

j97th5qjmsck.jpg

Tube on
    Cruor wrote: »

I was more referring to the faces, especially Sonya.

osqs280lo98i.jpg

Like... something ain't right.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

osqs280lo98i.jpg

What you get vs What you order online

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular

osqs280lo98i.jpg

Oof, yeah, the faces are pretty lackluster.

The face looks fine in context, it's just that shot.

edited November 2020
    Shang Tsung is already voiced and looks like his movie counterpart

Right but his outfit.

Or, they could go goofy and give us MK Annihilation Shao Kahn and the like.

Linespider5 on
    One of his existing outfits is from the movie I think?

Katana and lui kang are basically the only remaining characters from the original. It’s possible the actors just weren’t interested

It is a little wierd to not have Robin Shou and Talisa Soto. Doesn't mean they didn't try to get them, though. Maybe they said no? Could have also been scheduling conflicts or who knows what. If the game continues to have legs and this first pack sells well enough, maybe they'll get them later?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    edited November 2020
    Also, a Sub-Zero MK movie skin would be amusing. Just have him be mute since he had no lines in the movie.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg