As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    What is the difference between the MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0 and the P-Bandai MG Hyaku Shiki Raise Cain?

Proportion changes (Raise Cain is much lankier, especially in the torso) different backpack, different gun with a shield that can attach to the barrel.

The Raise Cain is the Hyaku Shiki Crash from a few years ago in standard colors.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    What is the difference between the MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0 and the P-Bandai MG Hyaku Shiki Raise Cain?
    The only thing I found about it is:
    The customized GunPla featured in the Gundam Build Divers [GIMM & BALL's World Challenge] side story series arrives in shiny gold armor. This kit shares the same molds with the previously released MG 1/100 Hyaku Shiki Crash.

and:
    The Crash model was refined from the classic Hyaku Shiki, featuring a streamlined body and a pair of much prominent thrusters at the back. The new Raise Cain model kit will share the same mold and accessories from the MG Hyaku Shiki Crash model kit. Unlike the monotone-grey Crash model, the Raise Cain model will adopt the gold plated colorway on the body, metallic blue on the chest and metallic red on the toes—a direct reference to the original Hyaku Shiki colorway. The kit will also include the beam saber and beam rifle, which can be transformed into a shield.

EDIT: Aargh! Beaten by Mr.Ral, who was already on the next page :wink:

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Also, I don’t remember the Hyaku Shiki having a six pack before.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    My friend saw the Hyaku Shiki in the shower once.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    fucking hyped to get them someplace they won't mysteriously disappear from randomly.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Just when it feels like I'm starting to catch up on my backlog....

rVXJf4mh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    oh my god

N2559504001001_001.jpg

X22wmuF.jpg
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    That jacket made me think about who pronounces New York like that, to my brain then filling my skull with countless renditions of “NEW YORK CITY?!” by various pace salsa commercial cowboys and now that won’t leave my head

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I got some custom LEDs to try wiring up my MJH HiRM Wing Gundam!

They're tiny! I have no idea how to make an LED circuit! EXCITING!

Oh brilliant
    @turtleant
    Turtleant

That was, according to the forum UI

My 5000th Awesome

waNkm4k.jpg?1
    The post that gave me five thousand total awesomes was the crossing of Mobile Suit Gundam and Pace Picante sauce

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    turtleant wrote: »
    oh my god

N2559504001001_001.jpg

God, I want this. But... Japanese sizing, right? Also, the price...

DarkPrimus on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wish I understood the references...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »
    I see the Char helmet with the Red Comet Zeon Forces and Universal Century, which is self-explanatory.
    The 06 with the S refers to the Zaku II, which has model number MS-06S (S indicates Commander type).
    Zaku head with fin and Red Comet is logical too.

But the Strict-G with New Yark; I guess the G is for Gundam, but why it is strict, but for the rest I have no clue.

There is a city named New Yark inexplicably about where Seattle should be in 0079, iirc.
    it's where Garma bites it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    There is a city named New Yark inexplicably about where Seattle should be in 0079, iirc.
    it's where Garma bites it.

The hometown of McDaniels!

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So out of boredom I looked up what other ships you can get in 1/200
    I found the USS Hornet and parts like brass etch and resin but also the stuff to do a wood deck like it had. Just I found it odd and quite sad you could not get F6F Hellcats in 1/200

I found more ships but again these are furniture sized models so.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Kinda wish I'd waited on my last Koto order, given the current Black Friday sale.

On the other hand, more plastic on the way from GundamPlanet. Another MSG booster, Tertium Gundam w/ Arms, and the Gao Gai Gar FA Girl.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Athenor wrote: »
    I see the Char helmet with the Red Comet Zeon Forces and Universal Century, which is self-explanatory.
    The 06 with the S refers to the Zaku II, which has model number MS-06S (S indicates Commander type).
    Zaku head with fin and Red Comet is logical too.

But the Strict-G with New Yark; I guess the G is for Gundam, but why it is strict, but for the rest I have no clue.

Strict G is Bandai's clothing line. They mostly focus on marrying Japanese streetwear (itself inspired by New York streetwear) and Gundam.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    eqn0j5b3ohxq.jpeg

Backpck engaged

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Black Friday P-Bandai stuff is live. Probably don't wait around.

Grabbed me a Sinanju Weiss and a Tryon Drei

X22wmuF.jpg
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    well i've purchased four near identical maganacs, if anyone was wondering whether i could be trusted with money

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    time to buy thirty regular ones to wrap up the Corps

Man I get burned out building 6 of the same weapon, building 40 of something requires something special

Oh brilliant
    edited November 2020
    Man I get burned out building 6 of the same weapon, building 40 of something requires something special

Yeah about $350 of sunk cost fallacy

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    Whippy wrote: »
    well i've purchased four near identical maganacs, if anyone was wondering whether i could be trusted with money

The answer is......I wanna say yes?

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    But how many Gundam-branded suitcases did you get?

I assume many, because how else can one store their Gunpla collection?

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I got a soft case from someone in my Battletech group. Turns out it's almost the perfect size for storing my Gunpla and 30MM kits.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited November 2020
    Purple Petit'gguy is no longer alone!
    xdz77bespzta.jpg
    I'm waiting for a special delivery so that I can do something with the standard Petit'gguy head :wink:

EDIT: I am very happy that there were additional eye-stickers, because that was not easy to fit correctly, and I screwed one up. Thanks for Bandai's foresight!

Corporal Carl on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I finished this lovely build yesterday:

Just in time to order that Haze'n-thley II Rah!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited November 2020
    Good lord, the difference between a full can of Mr. Top Coat and an empty can is... intense. Like the empty can was sputtering and barely putting out anything, and then the full can was just unloading.

I don't think I should use these if they are 1 model per can...

Edit: Also instead of trying to spray them all gang style, I did each piece individually so I could have a bit more control and see what happened. So that used more spray.

Athenor on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    If you spray sections like arms, legs, or torso you can typically get 2 MGs per can unless it is something with lots of accessories like fin funnels on the Nu Gundam. But if you plan to top coat a bunch of kits and have the space for it then an airbrush and compressor will be a lot more cost effective in the long run.

steam_sig.png
    I am honestly about 90% there to buying an airbrush, being in an apartment be damned. I even brought up my desire for a setup as a Christmas gift.

I just did the second coat. I think I'm getting better at this... but I am very peeved that one of the legs decided it wanted to fall apart, twice. Thankfully in both cases it was inside instead of out over the balcony, but it was still annoying that I had to handle it before it finished drying.

Meanwhile I'm on the fence whether I want to finish taking off this stupid u-bend or just order more replacement airbrush parts. Or get a whole new airbrush, but that seems a bit overkill even considering how old my current one is.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Black Friday P-Bandai stuff is live. Probably don't wait around.

Grabbed me a Sinanju Weiss and a Tryon Drei

nothing too special for me, got the HG owsla and both gaplant boosters

anyway, i actually built something this week!

4xrvagxtdir2.png

gelgoogs are the og zeon suit i have the least strong feelings about, but you slap a shoulder cannon on there and oh baby

and now i present to you the entire actual reason i got this kit:
    n69g08fzfcsp.png

the gelgoog rifle, so that i can eventually kitbash an AoZ zaku in the distant future

uc3ufTB.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    If you spray sections like arms, legs, or torso you can typically get 2 MGs per can unless it is something with lots of accessories like fin funnels on the Nu Gundam. But if you plan to top coat a bunch of kits and have the space for it then an airbrush and compressor will be a lot more cost effective in the long run.

Ya got recommendations for airbrush topcoat? A bunch of the ones I know about are unsafe on bare plastic or waterslides

Oh brilliant
    edited November 2020
    I would think clear acrylics would do well, shouldn’t they?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.