As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Little Drummer Boy Challenge...2020 EDITION

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Sign me up. I live by myself and rarely leave my apartment or actively listen to Christmas music. LET'S DO THIS

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    I don't think I've heard the little drummer boy song for years.

Oh! Well, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1fA59oH7Q

Children's rights are human rights.
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    i feel like posting the song in this thread is against the spirit of the competition

some people can't not click on videos

• ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    I'm in. I have the "pa rum" part in my head, but I haven't let it escape my lips yet.

I will lose. This is one of my favorite holiday songs. (Do I lose for admitting this?).

I don't plan to lose on purpose, but everyone else in my house loves playing Christmas music.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I’m in

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    i feel like posting the song in this thread is against the spirit of the competition

some people can't not click on videos

1. You can’t be eliminated intentionally. Someone who knows you’re competing cannot send you a trick link or play it knowing it will eliminate you.

I think anybody who can't not click on videos would still be safe, as per rule 1. I think my post can be construed as enemy action.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    If there's no trick link then it's legal enemy action!

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Also per Rajins rules you can legally listen to the song today but not tomorrow.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I should update the first page with sign ups

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If I missed you...post again!

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I can't wait to make it so far, and in the end, have it not matter.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    I can't wait to make it so far, and in the end, have it not matter.

The Little Drummer Boy Challenge is what that song’s about

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Absolutely pumped up for one of my top 5 Holiday Traditions.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    In it to win it baybeeee

Oh brilliant
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I think leaving a very obvious link that says it's to little drummer boy is absolutely allowed. "Hello! Here is a land mine! Please don't step on it! I won't be watching!"

If someone posts a link that is CLEARLY marked and you watch it

You’re out!!!

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    While there’s still time, is there even a version of this that slaps

Google failed to deliver the good but I gave up pretty much immediately

Captain Inertia on

Justin Bieber feat. Busta Rhymes

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i accept your challenge

uc3ufTB.png
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    It’s a good thing this starts at midnight or I’d have already lost thanks to stopping into a Flying J truck stop.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'm in!

This is the year I win I just know it

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    KetBra wrote: »
    I'm in!

This is the year I win I just know it

Narrator voice

“KetBra wouldn’t win”

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I'm in!

Really, should be pretty easy this year

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am in.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• CellorifficCelloriffic Registered User regular

I'm partial to this version by Los Straightjackets

https://youtu.be/XqOqH-JRkb0

And why not, I'm in. Been playing along at home the past 2 years, might as well make it official.

2018 - eliminated at Culvers during lunch on 12/23, because I decided to add cheese curds to my meal. The additional time required to eat them was enough to get ra-pum-pa-pum-pummed.

2019 - eliminated TWO WEEKS BEFORE THANKSGIVING at a local game shop for Friday Night Magic because the shopkeep loves Christmas so much he started playing Christmas music November 1st (and if that doesn't count, heard it a week after Thanksgiving at a different game shop. Wasn't my year).

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I won two years ago. Last year I think I made it very late and then heard it to some dumb song that sampled the song in such a way that I needed a judge’s ruling.

I never actually try to avoid the song though.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    I am in this year. I haven't heard the song in so long I barely even remember what it sounds like. My only point of reference is the memory of the Animaniacs episode where Wakko does his own version.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Let's do this.

I'm in.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

David Bowie & Bing Crosby, Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth

List updated

Roughly two hours until this begins on the East coast of the US

In Australia I think it started a week ago

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    fucking sure I'll try it this year

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I won last year, I can do it again. So sure, I’m in.

• DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular
    This is feeling like one of those things where someone says don't think about elephants and then you can only think about elephants. Before I probably wouldn't even have noticed if the song had come on, but now I will be much more aware.

The drumming is coming.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    The best part of this contest is not actively avoiding the song, and just seeing how far fate will take you.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    This year Covid 19 conspired to keep me out of America for the sole purpose of delivering into my hands the sweetness of victory.

I am in.

sarukun on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I somehow managed to not hear it last year, so I guess I'm in this year.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I'm in!

Just for fun though, I don't need the prize.

broken image link
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i demand a prize

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    i demand a prize
    How’s eternal life strike ya?

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    i demand a prize
    How’s eternal life strike ya?
    ew.