As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Thanksgiving] Is Upon Us

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I eated to much

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    me too

now to sit and digest until dinner

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    I ate too much smoked turkey and can't eat the smoked apple pie I made so I'm watching Addams Family Values, the best Thanksgiving movie, until I have room again

What a wonderful day

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    I ate too much smoked turkey and can't eat the smoked apple pie I made so I'm watching Addams Family Values, the best Thanksgiving movie, until I have room again

What a wonderful day

You smoked a fucking apple pie? What?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Henroid wrote: »

I parsed this headline as the family have the time of their life due to the absence of loser son (the article, which y'all SHOULD be clicking thru to, of course clarifies otherwise)

The lack of antecedent in that last clause is ambiguous! Ambiguous!!!!

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

MegaMan001 wrote: »

What a wonderful day

Yeah.

I did.

It's fuckin delicious

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

What a wonderful day

Yeah.

I did.

It's fuckin delicious

Literally all of my friends have smokers and I don't and I'm really starting to feel like a piece of my life is just... Empty?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Turkey didn't thaw fully by the morning, so it went in a bit late, but it is cooking now, and I guess we'll just...see how this goes

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Urp

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

I parsed this headline as the family have the time of their life due to the absence of loser son (the article, which y'all SHOULD be clicking thru to, of course clarifies otherwise)

It would be Best Thanksgiving of Lives jf that were the case.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

What a wonderful day

Yeah.

I did.

It's fuckin delicious

Literally all of my friends have smokers and I don't and I'm really starting to feel like a piece of my life is just... Empty?

Now obviously COVID has put a dent in things, but as a person who owns a smoker, nothing makes me happier than sharing the many smoked foods I make with my friends. It's kind of like owning a boat. You don't necessarily need to own one yourself, just know someone.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Time to watch MST3K Turkey Day Marathon all day!

Wait what's this about a marathon

In 1991-1995 on Comedy Central MST3K had Turkey Day Marathons with new host segments between films. In 1997 there was one on Sci-Fi, then from 2013-today there have been online Turkey Day marathons, again with new host bits. The current one has bits with the MST Live Show people and also Jonah from the Netflix seasons.

The online Turkey Days have had movies selected by voting.

It is watchable on Twitch, Youtube, and about a hundred other ways.

I should've been clearer and said "how do I watch?"

I was in the official fan club for that show when I was a kid.

webguy20 wrote: »

What a wonderful day

Yeah.

I did.

It's fuckin delicious

Now obviously COVID has put a dent in things, but as a person who owns a smoker, nothing makes me happier than sharing the many smoked foods I make with my friends. It's kind of like owning a boat. You don't necessarily need to own one yourself, just know someone.

Honestly, I've smoked way less this year than in the past, just because so much of it is having a group over to share with. Feeding all my friends smoked goods is a big part of the fun.

I did smoke a bunch of cherries for cocktails, and gave those away to friends, that was nice.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »

It would be Best Thanksgiving of Lives jf that were the case.

hurtful to families who identify as a hivemind

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    webguy20 wrote: »

What a wonderful day

Yeah.

I did.

It's fuckin delicious

Honestly, I've smoked way less this year than in the past, just because so much of it is having a group over to share with. Feeding all my friends smoked goods is a big part of the fun.

I did smoke a bunch of cherries for cocktails, and gave those away to friends, that was nice.

I've done a bunch more steaks, burgers, tri-tips, pork shoulders, ribs and smaller stuff like that. In years previously I would do at least 6-8 briskets a year at least, this year it's been like 3. Though I might fire up the smoker Monday and do one if the weather is nice.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    My Turkey en Croute is in the oven, sides will go in the microwave soon..

Cooking for myself is easy. Also starting with cider, getting to beer soon.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    The extended family zoom calls were funny today, including the one that made it less than 5 minutes before devolving to arguing about politics and was only saved by a 2 year old stealing a phone to sing Twinkle Twinkle

I
    mcgp5nucqyn3.jpg

am
    gn8jgyypv328.jpg

uncomfortably
    fuy95qg60i4u.jpg

full.
    2yu1zx3lxbpz.jpg

I'm
    redap71lw1ez.jpg

never
    trt2c6qw2pc7.jpg

eating
    269o9tr3g7xd.jpg

again.
    nduuy5uibdu4.jpg

7hz3z9krsehi.jpg

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    What is “uncomfortably full”?

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

That feeling you get right before forcing yourself to throw up to make room for more.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    I couldn't finish my dessert because I think I might have literally exploded

TheStig wrote: »

That feeling you get right before forcing yourself to throw up to make room for more.
    TheStig wrote: »

...nope, no idea.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I made game hens, mashed potatoes, gravy, and stuffing (cranberry sauce courtesy of a can, because it's better than homemade)

The wife chose the least flattering angle possible but here are the results

p1x7rhtn2bbn.jpg

everything was great because I do not fuck around

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    My Thanksgiving plate! Made too much food for two people, but still delicious!
    gkwm6crfsozy.jpg

tzeentchling on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Thanksgiving for one, but enough to last me a few days.

on61o4xzuhpy.png

sig.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So my neice was showing me her tests( on a video call) and she was mad she got a 65 on her " Indian" test. So I said "No sweetie its Native american or Indigenous people. "( Also Im probably wrong here myself so feel free to correct me)
    She looked at me rolled her eyes then grabbed the paper and said" It says Indian"
    So I had to explain that the test was wrong which she took as meaning the poor grade didnt matter. I agree because I assume it was just the standard thanksgiving story bullshit. So anyway thats my most notable family Thanksgiving interaction

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    10 hours of digesting later .... still super full =(

Safely frees farts!

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I wanted to believe that thing was not what I thought it was when I first looked at it, so I googled it.

From the makers of the thing you stick in your baby's nose and suck on to get all the snot out, comes the thing you shove up your baby's arse to help them fart.

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    A little late to the party; hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving (or at least the best capable Thanksgiving under these circumstances).

Usually the Bum family travels to a relative's place locally to celebrate with family on my side but instead had Thanksgiving Linner at home.

1ucX8kk.jpg

A simple spread: Oven Roasted Turkey, real mashed potatoes, Stove Top traditional sage stuffing, corn, yeast dinner rolls, turkey gravy made from the roasted turkey drippings, sparkling grape juice for the kids, peach fruitscato for the missus, Extra Stout Guinness for me.

Everyone enjoyed!

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist

I wanted to believe that thing was not what I thought it was when I first looked at it, so I googled it.

From the makers of the thing you stick in your baby's nose and suck on to get all the snot out, comes the thing you shove up your baby's arse to help them fart.

I used them on my baby and when it works, it works and is very satisfying. Sometime poop even squirts out!

Most of the time it wasn’t gas causing her to cry so much as not being in a womb anymore that did it...

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just found out my sleep medicine place submitted my script for a machine to a provider that isn't contracted with my insurance!

Hooray, it's the holiday weekend still too so I can't get through to fukkin anybody to try to get the ball rolling on this shit.

At least now I have a list of in network providers but again, all closed for the weekend, so that's at least 3 more days of waking up every morning suffocating.

15 pounder in the fridge.

Stuffing and creamed corn and cranberries on deck for tomorrow.

Mac and cheese and Brussels sprouts and potatoes ready for the day of.

Gonna be a good weekend.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Just got to the point where I felt like I could eat anything again....17 hours later

DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Just got to the point where I felt like I could eat anything again....17 hours later

I'm not quite there yet

I'm thinking tomorrow evening