As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Hmm, I have been informed that the vastly superior GW Balrog model has the same size base as the cartoonish 40k Demon Prince model

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I also want them to acknowledge that the plastic model line was intentionally made to be interchangeable between pretty much all the models and let the characters have some weapon options. Pipedream probably.

The incubi preview makes it also pretty sure that exarchs in the next craftworld codex won't change much. Still fingers crossed for something like an independent "ancient" exarch, like a proper combat and aspects buff character in addition to the psyker and tactician

Really with the preview for the Drukkari I am curious about the autarch as will they bring back the rule of three for them? as it sits now they are kind of lame. With Farseers and warlocks I do want the fallout of the PA books to have them be the premier psyhics of 40k! to have new powers!
    I want the warp spider phoenix lord! or them in plastic! a new Avatar!
    As a personal wish the falcon's hull is fine and iconic the turret needs a redo as with a little work the new fire prism one looks great on it

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    KT is too good at selling models to people with a smaller budget

More than that, Kill Team is an excellent way for them to release game-changing new characters for 40k proper and charge sixty fucking dollars for them

No, I'm not still irritated I had to buy an entire KT box set for an AdMech Manipulus, why do you ask

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Sounds like the Drukhari are gunna recombine all 3 mini factions to some degree, which is excellent. I'm guessing it'll be like the Necron split between Destroyers, Canoptek, Triarchs, or however it works

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I highly doubt GW is going to abandon KT. Way too popular and way too good at selling models to people who were unlikely to buy full 40K armies anyway, or to people with full 40K armies who just want to dabble in other factions they don't plan to buy full armies for.

It's generally very easy to tell if GW is going to support a product or not. Does it sell models, especially in a segment not covered well by the cor 40K/AoS audience? It's probably going to be supported on some level.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I just got my ass stomped in a 1,000 point game of Deathguard vs Custodes. I killed one Warden and a Jetbike and that was it.

The change to "the player whose turn it isn't fights first in combat" thing really feels like a kick in the teeth.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Charges are the way you force yourself to get to fight first if it's your turn. If you've had units in combat for long enough to loop back around to it being your turn, but you're not charging, that sucks, but there are stratagems and things like warlord traits that can switch it up. Not sure about DG specific stuff, but other armies definitely have things to help.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yeah, DG should be able to weather the change as you likely want to be charging (Poxwalkers are good for bubble wrapping the important units you need to do this). If you're running a melee bomb, it's highly suggested to run the Foul Blightspawn in case someone gets the drop on you, too.

Also, they're not abandoning kill team - they teased it a few weeks ago. At the very least I think we can expect them to update the profiles to match 9th since some are now different. They'll probably wait on this one until a majority of the codexes have been updated but skirmish games are have become wildly popular and GW knows they work as a gateway drug.

• Options
    frayfray Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Interesting choice of armies in the supplement they previewed yesterday. I wouldn't have said DG or Ad Mech needed new rules myself, but it seems like knights could definitely do with some help.

fray on
    "I told you," said Ford. "Eddies in the space-time continuum."
    "And this is his sofa, is it?" said Arthur.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It's a bit silly having extra rules for drukhari and death guard right next to the codex releases for those armies, I think

• Options
    In the crusade book?
    In the previous crusade book it was just necrons and space marines? Is it worth getting? the same with upcomming one? Are they just rules for playing those armies in crusades?

Really I have yet to buy a codex and the Drukhari joined the must buy group
    I am getting the Space Marine and Space wolf ones in the next two weeks {I am curious if the covid tests we are required to take at work will be taken out of our checks and other things since managers are playing vague games when asked}
    The Necron one I am getting as I need to know what am I doing with the army I have. The Drukhari is a given as they are my off army to play {the various flavors of aeldari are} So I am curious about the changes to them
    But I am curious going forward about the lesser codexes of the aeldari the harlequins and ynnari one is more lore than rules the other is a pamphlet

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    It's a bit silly having extra rules for drukhari and death guard right next to the codex releases for those armies, I think

It’s a crusade supplement. The extra rules are specific crusade upgrades for that warzone, just like the last one had marine and Necron stuff right next to the codex releases for those armies.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

It’s a crusade supplement. The extra rules are specific crusade upgrades for that warzone, just like the last one had marine and Necron stuff right next to the codex releases for those armies.

There are two books getting released alongside the new Codexes - Plague Purge, which is a Crusade supplement, and War Zone Charadon, which is a general rules supplement like Vigilus or Psychic Awakening.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Still no new Cryptek models for pre order. Making me real sad.

Kind of surprised to see the Blood Angels supplement going up for pre order. I feel like there wasn't much about that though I might have missed any Blood Angel related articles.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    They had an article last week on the blood angels twin flaws. They also another article on "where is typhus?" but no DG book...

• Options
    The typhus article was also a little prep for the warzone charadon reveal, I guess, where he is the main character.

• Options
    The typhus article was also a little prep for the warzone charadon reveal, I guess, where he is the main character.

His ship is nasty looking
    dq9dueh8rx22.png

Still I know it's a rumor and an odd rumor on top of that
    andy chambers owns the rights to BattleFleet gothic? or rules?
    That battlefleet is coming back
    I know it's been a rumor for the last year but I would pay good money for plastic aeldari ships of the various flavors

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

His ship is nasty looking
    dq9dueh8rx22.png

Still I know it's a rumor and an odd rumor on top of that
    andy chambers owns the rights to BattleFleet gothic? or rules?
    That battlefleet is coming back
    I know it's been a rumor for the last year but I would pay good money for plastic aeldari ships of the various flavors

Pretty sure
    he doesn’t own all the rights or the video game would never have been made. Also, Jervis Johnson wrote most of the rules for it IIRC. Plus why TF would GW let any employee retain any alienable IP rights to any part of their mythos?
    That’s how you get another Malal fiasco.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2020
    I would love to play a Battlefleet Gothic game. I can see it happening given that X-Wing was the hot shit for a minute, too.

Shifting gears, since the pandemic is going to rage for many more months I am building up my terrain collection so I can host games in my bubble. I do not have a room where I can dedicate a table just for gaming and my dining room table is currently only sized for Combat Patrols and Incursions. My original plan was to just get a piece of wood cut at a hardware store but that might be hard to store for a city apartment. Does anyone company make something (ideally foldable) that I could just lay over the table to get it to full size?

Vanguard on
  • Options
    That blood angels preview makes them look pretty choppy. Like, a death company intercessor sergeant ist getting up to 6 attacks, with a power sword at S5 and also maybe ap-4 or -5?

• Options
    That blood angels preview makes them look pretty choppy. Like, a death company intercessor sergeant ist getting up to 6 attacks, with a power sword at S5 and also maybe ap-4 or -5?

That's assuming assault doctrine with red rampage active.

Also wasn't x wing hot shit because the models came pre painted?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »

It had actually pretty good rules. Simple and easy to learn. Made a lot of sense for the universe. Led to people able to learn the game quickly but had enough depth for a strong competitive scene for a while. It was also Star Wars and really centered on the big dog fights of the OT. The pre-painted models didn't hurt.

I wouldn't mind a revamped BFG. I hated parts of it and loved parts of it.

I do think the video games do a great job capturing the best parts and feeling of BFG though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »

It had actually pretty good rules. Simple and easy to learn. Made a lot of sense for the universe. Led to people able to learn the game quickly but had enough depth for a strong competitive scene for a while. It was also Star Wars and really centered on the big dog fights of the OT. The pre-painted models didn't hurt.

I wouldn't mind a revamped BFG. I hated parts of it and loved parts of it.

I do think the video games do a great job capturing the best parts and feeling of BFG though.

I would like to see the damage and ship management rules lifted from AT mixed with the movement from classic BFG. Just no blast weapons.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Andy Chambers did kinda do Battleflert 2 with Dropfleet Commander. It shares heaps of DNA but has kinda of a more WWII/sub warfarenfeel than BFGs ships of the line.

If the dis bring back BFG I would be in without a 2nd thought. I still have all my old fleets ... somewhere.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    A few of the folks in my club are deep in Dropfleet. Both Commander and the ground one. Its a really good game I hear. I just despise the ship designs.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I know exactly where my chaos fleet is:
    o2l8rs0ymc8p.jpeg

• Options
    I think I would be excited for Battlefleet Gothic potentially making a return if I was currently able to find the time and/or opponents for Warhammer 40K, Age of Sigmar, Killteam, Warcry, Underworlds, Blackstone Fortress, Adeptus Titanicus, and Aeronautica Imperialis, let alone all of that plus another game.

I will admit though, some of those old BFG ship models do look pretty stellar.

• Options
    I just play with my brother underworlds 40k kill team and AoS. We have not played blackstone since the summer
    We would find more people to play but the pandemic in all

• Options
    I just built a box of Centurions. These little guys are so adorable!

I wish they had made chapter specific shoulderpads though, I can't freehand for shit.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Someone should do this for Eurovision.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Some blood angels leaks have popped up... Overall it look... good? Lots of stuff that looks to me like small nerfs across the board.

Lots of focus on Death Company, the crusade system seems to be entirely staving off the Black Rage or working into it for extra smash on the board at the cost of being able to do actions, etc.

General stuff http://imgur.com/gallery/6QQBr9o
    Datasheets: https://imgur.com/a/qRjfgBe
    Crusade: https://imgur.com/a/gZLTR9I

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    I was taking inventory of the drukhari and necrons for when I get the codex for them. I will know what I have. Still I am curious how I was able to put 50 wyches, 40 Kabal troops 15 incubi and various other things into a plano container
    But I was building the scourges that came in Blood of the Phoenix . I felt the feathered wings looked better but looking to see if anyone sold them I forgot how the pandemic really threw the breaks on the parts market

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    No, but that was a perk. But it was hot shit because it was a very sleek, easy to pickup and most of all fun to play game, with plenty of incentives to give into the urge and buy a few more ships. Something that you could get a handle of the basic rules in about ten minutes, and play a decent game with only a couple ships per side has a lot of appeal.
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So 8th was the fastest they have ever released anything. Before then it ranged from every 3-4 months to maybe one or two a year. Sometime some armies would go entire editions, or multiple editions, without a new codex.
    Sisters players not getting a proper codex since 2003 being one of the standout examples.
    Vanguard wrote: »
    They do look smaller than you might expect given the size of things like the venom cannon.

You don’t need to use the Carnifex size devourers though - the part you need is the same size across carnifex, warriors, and termagants.

This sat in drafts for a while, but when I made my twinlinked devourers way back in the 4th edition, I found that the scything talon arms made a really good base to mount the modified devourer heads on.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I was taking inventory of the drukhari and necrons for when I get the codex for them. I will know what I have. Still I am curious how I was able to put 50 wyches, 40 Kabal troops 15 incubi and various other things into a plano container
    But I was building the scourges that came in Blood of the Phoenix . I felt the feathered wings looked better but looking to see if anyone sold them I forgot how the pandemic really threw the breaks on the parts market

My drukhari cohabitate with my harlequins
    dab7w4o7de4f.jpg

In the bag is the meh archon as I have been debating what to convert him into. I know it's tres chic to convert him into Vraesque Malidrach the archon of the Flayed Skull
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqUBLDl4Lpw

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Ha, the flesh tearers go by Ork logic it seems, their relic terminator armour is basically "red unz go fast"

honovere on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I mean blood angels have those special engines.

Maybe they're why "da red wunz go fastah"

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    40k has been pretty consistent about red = fast. Evil Suns, Blood Angels, Saim Han...

• Options
    40k has been pretty consistent about red = fast. Evil Suns, Blood Angels, Saim Han...

Kabal of the flayed skull

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Axiomatically, the fastest object in the galaxy is a bucket of red paint.

Sic transit gloria mundi.