As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Thanksgiving] Is Upon Us

12346»

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Have successfully returned home with a big foil container of leftovers. Trying to decide whether I'm going to make a turkey, dressing, mashed potato, baked grits and green bean casserole sandwich for dinner, or just use some of my leftover jalapeno popper dip to make The Forbidden Omelet.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Have successfully returned home with a big foil container of leftovers. Trying to decide whether I'm going to make a turkey, dressing, mashed potato, baked grits and green bean casserole sandwich for dinner, or just use some of my leftover jalapeno popper dip to make The Forbidden Omelet.

The Forbidden Omelet you say? Go on...

I am in the business of saving lives.
    It's scrambled eggs folded over a big glob of jalapeno popper dip.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I thought it was like, endangered bird eggs

weak

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Listen, man, I don't make the omelet rules, I just break them.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    My contribution to Thanksgiving was scratch made green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and smoked turkey. Then today was my oldest's birthday and they wanted ribs so queue up another full day of smoking. All in all I think I spent 11 hours on my Traeger between the two days.

For the casserole I used Kenji Lopez-Alt's recipe which ends up being surprisingly bright due to the lemon.

Meat pics (ribs only since I forgot to get the turkey)
    post smoke pre-foil
    gahtmdgdq6xh.jpeg

Finished product
    e3lzurjyn59k.jpeg

Carpy on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It should be illegal to post a picture of those ribs where I cannot smell and taste them.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Stayed home this year and made way too much food for 2 people: brined turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas with little onions, corn, fingerling potatoes, butternut squash, a wild rice dish, cranberry sauce, and rolls. Had apple cider, still and sparkling, to drink, and a good bottle of mead that has a decent kick to it. Didn't go heavy on the deserts, but I've got some baked goods I've made, and some drakes apple pies.

Started today off with a Thanksgiving leftover brunch. Made an egg scramble by sauteing a little red onion, celery, and carrot (maybe a tablespoon each), adding a little minced garlic after those were tender (not even a whole clove), as well fresh rosemary sage and time, then adding a bunch of shredded turkey, dark meat in particular, and then two scrambled eggs. Quickly heating a slice of stuffing and a couple pieces of bacon on the pan after the eggs were plated while cutting the cheddar to put on top of them, then quickly warming up the gravy after the bacon and stuffing were removed. Made some home fries out of last night's fingerling potatoes fried up in a separate pan, with a couple of dinner rolls heated up in the oven. Little cranberry sauce on the plate and a couple of little baked treats on there as a dessert round. Coffee on the desert round was mixed with eggnog spiked with frangelico.

For dinner I had a Thanksgiving club sandwich with mayo, turkey (dark and light), stuffing, red onions, gravy, and cranberry sauce on the bottom half, traditional BLT on the top half. Kettle cooked chips on the side, and a cider/mead mix to wash it down.

Tomorrow I'm gonna get in a workout and then continue to find ways to use these leftovers. Hopefully making a turkey carcass soup by the end of the weekend, might use some shredded turkey for a chili as well. Hoping to make some stuff I can freeze and stretch along the winter some.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Leftovers Round 1! This time, I will actually have some of the chocolate pecan pie, I think

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    We get Cracker Barrel catering most years and my mom got extra sides mostly to eat before dinner.
    Their green beans are super bland so I figured today I'd get some bacon, mushrooms, garlic, and butter and zuj em up a bit but apparently they were devoured sometime last night.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Creamed corn made. I fucked up and made the roux with... wait for it. I mean it, you’re gonna be surprised

Pancake mix instead of flour. It... is okay. It has a nice savory flavor. I may do it this way all the time from now on! I just didn’t notice which jar I was digging into, whoopsiedoodles!

Also made the cranberry sauce. Correctly.

Went shopping with my fiancée, gonna do the stuffing in a bit. Tried to find a gravy boat, no dice. Picked up evaporated milk for the Mac and cheese.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Just so everyone knows, Thanksgiving leftovers make great burrito filling.

sig.gif
    Stuffing is cooling. Bedtime soone and then we're up at 6:30 to make sure everything gets finished. Tomorrow's Thanksgivinnnnnnnng!

The bottom of the Turkey was way undercooked so we’re gonna make soup this week. Otherwise everything was awesome. Happy Thanksgiving, Internet. Hope you all had a lot to be thankful in this dumpster fire of a year. Love, luck, and lollipops.