As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

1383940414244»

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Anybody still floating around in ORAS? I'm legendary hunting and the GTS is a nightmare.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Where's my dlc dangit

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I don’t even know what’s in this expansion but I need something other than Chansey dens

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I need purple articuno, im excited to go catch stuff.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Dynamax Adventure lairs actually seem pretty fun

PSA on mechanics:
    You can encounter legendaries from adventure lairs multiple times, but once you decide to keep it you won't encounter it again.
    However, don't be afraid to "catch" them after the battle. That's different from choosing to "keep" it. There's a result screen at the end where you decide which pokemon to keep.
    If you want to shiny hunt a legend, it won't show as shiny during the battle, so you have to throw a ball at it. Then on the result screen you'll be able to see if it's shiny. If it's not shiny, don't keep it and just try the lair again. Keep one of the non-legendaries instead

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I kinda stumbled ass backwards into catching Articuno
    After just wandering around the map I flew back to Freezington and decided I was going to do the next objective, then I saw Articuno and decided to follow it, only to see it pull the shadow-clone jutsu and me being very tired and not trying to follow which was the real one I just kinda picked one and got it right.

I also love that fossil Pokemon are just kinda hanging out here, it's nice to see them in the wild.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Woo! Already got my living dex back up to snuff, tearing through the dlc, I don't think there's a ton there tbh, the max raid dungeons are neat, but the main dlc part is basically just
    catch the regis, catch calyrex, catch the birds. Regis have some really easy puzzles to get into their chambers, nothing as involved as gen 3, the birds are just out in the wild areas, and calyrex is just go to this place, do this thing 3 or 4 times.

Rushing through it to get the other Regi definitely highlighted how quick it was, it honest felt faster than isle of armor when I rushed through to get my 2nd urshifu

Kanden on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Oooh, right, I need to get my living dex up to speed. Are the legendaries version exclusive? Or just one per playthrough?

The Urshifu was kind of a pain in the butt because since it evolved, I needed three........

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    I think some of the raid dungeon legendaries have some version exclusives, but the new ones aren't version exclusives but there are two choices between 2 pokemon, so you'll need to do it twice to get both.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Oooh, right, I need to get my living dex up to speed. Are the legendaries version exclusive? Or just one per playthrough?

The Urshifu was kind of a pain in the butt because since it evolved, I needed three........

how does your living dex handle forms

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    SilverWind wrote: »

how does your living dex handle forms

I have a list in national dex order, then a second set of boxes for alternate forms, gender differences, all the vivillons, etc :D

edit:

Oh, I see. Uuuurgh. The basis to determine whether I need Calyrex multiple times hinges on whether it stays in its rider forms in the box. ......Does... does it?

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    As long as Calyrex is combined with Glastrier or Spectrier, it cannot be traded, released, or moved into Pokémon HOME.

Oh thank christ

signature.png
  • Options
    It's the same with all fused pokemon I think

I can't put Kyurem-Reshiram or Necrozma-Lunala back in Home without splitting them first

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    My lady got me pokemon sheild for Christmas and uh it came early. So Im gonna start it my next day off. I may ask for starter and version exclusive eggs from y'all no idea how that works nowadays.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So I've been looking over what got brought back into the game, and this expansion really feels like the one designed for the competitive scene. Salamance, Garchomp, Metagross, the Nidos, Dragonite, Crobat, Blaziken, and Swampert are all back, not to mention all the legendaries and Ultra Beasts. Thankfully mega evolution is still gone so Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza won't be too metagame crushing.

I got excited about the new moves until I realized they were just new signature moves for the new pokemon/Galarian Birds. Of the new moves, Freezing Glare on Galarian Articuno feels....really damn good, and I wouldn't be surprised if that thing is real powerful. Regidrago's move+ability makes me think he could just remove something off an unprepared team.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    I think it's more a "hey here's a ton of popular pokemon, and we're gonna be oprah with the legendaries". Im hoping this is just a big last hurrah for most of the legendaries, and future games go either way into the future or past and there isn't a super good reason to have all the same pokemon in every game. i liked this last vgc season without legendaries and without the obvious overrepresented pokemon. i have a feeling im not going to like one with all the legendaries running around.

• Options
    I know I shouldn’t be surprised but

I continue to be surprised at how bad so many people are at dynamax adventure

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I think it's more a "hey here's a ton of popular pokemon, and we're gonna be oprah with the legendaries". Im hoping this is just a big last hurrah for most of the legendaries, and future games go either way into the future or past and there isn't a super good reason to have all the same pokemon in every game. i liked this last vgc season without legendaries and without the obvious overrepresented pokemon. i have a feeling im not going to like one with all the legendaries running around.

Series 7 allows all the "lower" legendaries like Zapdos and such, but the "higher" legendaries like Mewtwo and such are banned

Serebii has a rules summary with a list of all the banned mons at the end
    https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/rankedbattle/series7.shtml

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Ok got to the ghost kid and gave a young boy a psychotic break( not that he was far off)

King Riptor on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    The crown tundra is the first time where i wish for a mini map feature the regular map is kind of useless

• Options

I've only been playing for 3 days and I fucking hate that Solrock with a passion

• Options
    Hawlucha’s Feather Dance and all of Wobbuffet’s bullshit suck too

• Options

Also this just means that Solrock will be the fastest worthless mon

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Is there a discord somewhere that y'all have setup for playing? Or anyone doing dynamax adventures?

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I have a question

So Regidrago is a golem whose arms are made out of bone, I get that

But is Regidrago’s body made out of... sinew?

Edit: okay, I hadn’t seen the other dex entry, it’s apparently made out of “crystallized dragon energy” which is... better, I guess

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Dragon dong sinew

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Surely it is a

dragon ball.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Guys.
    GUYS.
    All my bank Pokemon are alive. I don't know how they survived this long but theyre in home now.

Some were bred to be megas so they need some tweaks but Im psyched I dont need to start from zero

King Riptor on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Crown Tundra has reminded me how much I have always hated catching level 70 legendary pokemon

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Eh, if you wonder trade at all you'll have got a few of the hacked ones holding masterballs. I think I have like 6 of them still after catching calyrex. I used nest balls on all the birds which was actually really easy. And dusk balls on all the regis which wasn't too bad.

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Crown Tundra has reminded me how much I have always hated catching level 70 legendary pokemon

A mimikyu and a golurk can cheese the new golems and they are in a cave so dusk balls work.

The rest I used dusk and repeat balls for and yeah its frustrating as hell.

Regigas is level 100 and you have to use the regis so thats gonna suck

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Anybody still floating around in ORAS? I'm legendary hunting and the GTS is a nightmare.

Signal boost. I'm looking to borrow a Dialga, Thundurus, and Zekrom to pop Giratina, Landorus, and Kyurem in Omega Ruby so I can reset this used cart.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Got Sword last month, and I had my first team wipe today... against a wild, run-of-the-mill Vanilish

Turns out I didn't know how Sheer Cold actually calculates To-Hit!

I'm less amused and more embarrassed now that I actually know

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I've been replaying Ultra Moon and I had forgotten how adorable the Catastropika Z-move was. Now I'm not sure if I want to evolve my Pikachu or not. The Alolan Raichu one isn't as cute.

• Options
    Hrm. I am 150ish away from a complete living pokedex and I think Ive hit a wall. I need marshadow amd Zerora then most everything else is sinnoh Alola and Kalos stuff I cant bring into Sheild.
    GTS is not being helpful either