As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game Deals] Thread: Occasional Low Prices

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I figure there'll be more deals in the 3 years I have left on it.

steam_sig.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Target put up their marginally-cheaper-than-elsewhere $20 for 3 month of gamepass ultimate deal: https://www.target.com/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-3-month-xbox-one-digital/-/A-76626995

Note that you can buy up to 3. Coupled with getting the deal at other places like Best Buy, you're going to be set for a while either for yourself or as a gift to someone else.

You can buy 3 units more than one time, lol. So I bought 6. I considered getting more, but maybe there'll be a good deal in all that time, so 6 3 monthers was enough.

Make sure you turn off auto-renewal, it will offer a free month to turn it on when you redeem the code!

I filled my GPU back up and now I'm set up for almost the full 3 years (I was still a year+ out before I redeemed mine).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Target put up their marginally-cheaper-than-elsewhere $20 for 3 month of gamepass ultimate deal: https://www.target.com/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-3-month-xbox-one-digital/-/A-76626995

Note that you can buy up to 3. Coupled with getting the deal at other places like Best Buy, you're going to be set for a while either for yourself or as a gift to someone else.

You can buy 3 units more than one time, lol. So I bought 6. I considered getting more, but maybe there'll be a good deal in all that time, so 6 3 monthers was enough.

This is actually really good to know - I was wavering between using it for myself or just giving it away for Christmas, and now I don't have to choose. =P Thanks!

And of course, if you don't currently have GPU running, make sure to top your subscription off (up to 3 years, but you can use the autorenewal trick to buy less than 3 years and still hit the cap) before using the gamepass ultimate codes. That will convert your existing XBL gold/ normal gamepass subs at a 1:1 ratio (normally, it's a per dollar ratio, which IIRC is 1:3)

steam_sig.png
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    And of course, if you don't currently have GPU running, make sure to top your subscription off (up to 3 years, but you can use the autorenewal trick to buy less than 3 years and still hit the cap) before using the gamepass ultimate codes. That will convert your existing XBL gold/ normal gamepass subs at a 1:1 ratio (normally, it's a per dollar ratio, which IIRC is 1:3)

Not sure I follow?

Not sure I follow?

So if you have an existing XBL gold / xbox gamepass / pc gamepass subscription, and you sign up for gamepass ultimate, it converts one month of those to 1 month of GPU, adding them together if you have multiple services. After you have an existing GPU sub, if you use a code, it's only redeemed at the dollar value, i.e. 1 month of GPU per 3 months of gold or 2 months per 3 months of non-ultimate gamepass. You can stack up to 3 years like that. So it's cheaper to go and get a gold subscription at $60 (less sales) per year first, if you don't have an active GPU sub

steam_sig.png

Not sure I follow?

So if you have an existing XBL gold / xbox gamepass / pc gamepass subscription, and you sign up for gamepass ultimate, it converts one month of those to 1 month of GPU, adding them together if you have multiple services. After you have an existing GPU sub, if you use a code, it's only redeemed at the dollar value, i.e. 1 month of GPU per 3 months of gold or 2 months per 3 months of non-ultimate gamepass. You can stack up to 3 years like that. So it's cheaper to go and get a gold subscription at $60 (less sales) per year first, if you don't have an active GPU sub

I think I understand... So if you have pre-paid for 12 months of XBox Live Gold on your Microsoft account, you can upgrade it to Gamepass Ultimate for $1 and it will convert all 12 months to Gamepass Ultimate? And this works for up to 3 years of pre-paid subscription?

Should you be converting it to Gamepass Ultimate on your own first or should you just redeem the cards and the subscription converts?

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Not sure I follow?

I think I understand... So if you have pre-paid for 12 months of XBox Live Gold on your Microsoft account, you can upgrade it to Gamepass Ultimate for $1 and it will convert all 12 months to Gamepass Ultimate? And this works for up to 3 years of pre-paid subscription?

Should you be converting it to Gamepass Ultimate on your own first or should you just redeem the cards and the subscription converts?

I don’t think it would functionally make a difference, though personally I’d do the $1 offer first, since that promotion is likely to disappear if you’re already a GCU member.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Well procrastinating paid off because Three Houses is $27 at gamestop now. Think I will finally grab that.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

Not sure I follow?

Yes, that's how it works. Straight conversion (up to 3 years) the first time you join into GPU.

Once you have GPU you can't do it any more. I did the gold/$1 GPU thing like two years ago, so now I have to get sales on actual GPU like this to extend it out on discount.

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Weekly ads post, well, cyber monday and a couple other days post I think:

Target Circle
    10% off your in store or online order (does not work on consoles or accessories, or switch games. It should work on other games though)

Target
    Monday only:
    15% off Select Xbox and Playstation games, this includes games already on black friday prices.

$79.99
    Mario Kart/Mario Party combo pack

$19.99
    Minecraft Dungeons switch

Thursday only:
    $119.99
    27" HP 1080p monitor

Saturday only:
    Buy 2 get 1 free movies and games

Best Buy
    Cyber Monday deals are on now, not sure for how long

Free 128GB memory card with purchase of 12 months Switch Online Family

Save $20 on Xbox Controllers (includes series controllers)

Lots of Switch games (physical and digital) on sale, I've include a sampling in the game price listings
    Black Friday deals still on, here's a small set:

$39.99
    Mario Party
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Links Awakening
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE
    Daemon x Machina
    Ghost of Tsushima

$34.99
    Madden 21
    Fifa 21

$29.99
    NFS Hot Pursuit
    Burnout Paradise
    Avengers
    Last of Us 2
    FF7 Remake
    Watch_Dogs Legion

$27.99
    NBA 2k21

$24.99
    SW Squadrons

$19.99
    Ultra Street Fighter 2
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Minecraft Dungeons switch
    Persona 5 Royal

nusu on

Not sure I follow?

Yes, that's how it works. Straight conversion (up to 3 years) the first time you join into GPU.

Once you have GPU you can't do it any more. I did the gold/$1 GPU thing like two years ago, so now I have to get sales on actual GPU like this to extend it out on discount.

If it expires, you can do it again with any other gpu subscription (the $1 deal seems to be a one time offer). But I'm not sure there are going to be xbl cards available in 3 years

steam_sig.png

Not sure I follow?

If it expires, you can do it again with any other gpu subscription (the $1 deal seems to be a one time offer). But I'm not sure there are going to be xbl cards available in 3 years

Ah ok, didn't know you could do it again if you let GPU expire! That's useful for anyone close.
    Even if you don't get the $1 promo, it would still be well worth it to stack and then pay whatever to upgrade to GPU (either a one month purchase or using a 3 month like the current deal).

Not sure I follow?

Ah ok, didn't know you could do it again if you let GPU expire! That's useful for anyone close.
    Even if you don't get the $1 promo, it would still be well worth it to stack and then pay whatever to upgrade to GPU (either a one month purchase or using a 3 month like the current deal).

Apparently Costco sells 24-month Xbox Live Gold subscriptions for $95. Seems like an easy decision, and when coupled with these other deals it basically means you're set for Gamepass Ultimate for years. Like, you don't even need an Xbox and it's likely worth it for the PC Gamepass + EA Play value alone...

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

Not sure I follow?

Apparently Costco sells 24-month Xbox Live Gold subscriptions for $95. Seems like an easy decision, and when coupled with these other deals it basically means you're set for Gamepass Ultimate for years. Like, you don't even need an Xbox and it's likely worth it for the PC Gamepass + EA Play value alone...
    Conversion (and subsequently GPU itself) only works up to 3 years, so beware.

edited November 2020
    That extra 15% off on games at Target today is applied to their black Friday prices.

nusu on
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular

Make sure you turn off auto-renewal, it will offer a free month to turn it on when you redeem the code!

I filled my GPU back up and now I'm set up for almost the full 3 years (I was still a year+ out before I redeemed mine).

Thanks for the tip! Funnily enough, I bought 6 cards and redeemed them back to back and it asked me if I wanted to turn on autorenewal for a free month every time. Of course I said yes, and surprisingly now I have 24 months of credit instead of the 19 I expected. No idea if its a weird bug that they will revert or not, but definitely something to try if you are doing this.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »

Thanks for the tip! Funnily enough, I bought 6 cards and redeemed them back to back and it asked me if I wanted to turn on autorenewal for a free month every time. Of course I said yes, and surprisingly now I have 24 months of credit instead of the 19 I expected. No idea if its a weird bug that they will revert or not, but definitely something to try if you are doing this.
    Yeah, a lot of people were reporting that auto-renew flip extra month but it didn’t do that for me.

eMoander wrote: »

Yeah, a lot of people were reporting that auto-renew flip extra month but it didn’t do that for me.

I didn't get asked about turning on auto-renewal, but I had upgraded from an auto-renewal PC Game Pass subscription. I just turned it off, in case I get a couple more GPU cards for Christmas and can take advantage of a potential bonus month

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    That extra 15% off on games at Target today is applied to their black Friday prices.

Death Stranding (PS4) is $17 at checkout

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Walmart has the Switch Pro Controller with a DL of Super Mario Odyssey for $69.

This seems like a nice deal if you don’t have either of those, or want a second Pro and can flip the code

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    $69.
    nice

Weekly ads time... still deals edition!

Target Circle
    10% off your order with Circle (restrictions apply, not sure how this affects games, usually Switch games, consoles, some accessories are excluded)

Target
    10% off Target gift cards on Sunday (if you like to buy your games using gift cards)

Buy 2 select Ubisoft games, get a $50 Target gift card
    (games include AC Valhalla, Watchdogs Legion, Just Dance 2021, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Mario + Rabbids)

Buy 1 get 1 50% off select Switch games
    (Games include Splatoon 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario Maker 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Yoshi's Crafted World, Super Mario Party, Super Mario Odyssey, New SMBU)

$39.99
    Fifa 21

Best Buy
    Check back monday, but they're running deals almost every day now

FIFA 20 still cheaper. >.>

The 10% off gift cards at Target thing nusu mentioned works ON Target gifts cards. So you can get $100 in Target money for $90.

Helpful if you get your groceries/everyday stuff there. Discount maxes out at $500/$50 off.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    The 10% off gift cards at Target thing nusu mentioned works ON Target gifts cards. So you can get $100 in Target money for $90.

Helpful if you get your groceries/everyday stuff there. Discount maxes out at $500/$50 off.

Is it recursive? :rotate:

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

You can't buy Target gift cards with Target gift cards.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

You can't buy Target gift cards with Target gift cards.

Yeah, retailers knocked that off when it became clear people were money laundering that way.

Nothing stopping you from going into the site, buying your $500 in target gift cards, then going back later and doing it again, right?

I mean, except Covid meaning in person shopping is kinda dumb.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    I'm not sure how it all interacts, but I'd hazard to say if you're going to buy $100 or more in Target GCs, you may as well get a RedCard first (if you can quickly)

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm not sure how it all interacts, but I'd hazard to say if you're going to buy $100 or more in Target GCs, you may as well get a RedCard first (if you can quickly)

wouldn't the 10% off stack with the redcard 5% so it's really 15% off right now?

edited December 2020
    Pailryder wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »

wouldn't the 10% off stack with the redcard 5% so it's really 15% off right now?

It doesn't stack either, it's a flat 10% off. you will get red card discounts on anything else you purchase during the same order, but the gift cards will only be 10% off.

We bought a bunch of email delivery gift cards that we just applied to our account (online), didn't have to go into the store.

nusu on
    Weekly ads time....

Target
    buy 1 get 1 15% off select gaming currency/subscription cards

$44.99
    Power A Wireless Switch controllers, Zelda or Pokemon

$19.99
    Power A Mario red wired Switch controller

more games are on sale than are listed in ad, here's the add listings:

$39.99
    NBA 2k21 (ps4/xbo)
    Crash 4
    Watchdogs Legion

$29.99
    Avengers
    THPS 1&2
    Fifa 21
    Madden 21
    WWE Battlegrounds

$24.99
    Just Dance 2021
    SW Squadrons

Best Buy
    These deals may change

Buy 2 get 1 free select next gen games
    List includes:
    Cyberpunk
    CODBLOPS Cold War
    AC Valhalla
    Madden 21
    Fifa 21
    NBA 2k21
    Avengers
    Immortals Fenyx Rising
    Watchdogs Legion
    and more

Buy 1 get 1 50% off on select Switch games

Select PS4 games on sale, here's a small sampling:
    $39.99
    Ghost of Tsushima

$29.99
    Last of Us 2

$19.99
    Death Stranding
    Days Gone
    Dreams
    Spider-Man GOTY

$9.99
    Concrete Genie
    MediEvil
    Many (most?) Playstation Hits series

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Weekly ads time....

Target
    buy 1 get 1 15% off select gaming currency/subscription cards

$44.99
    Power A Wireless Switch controllers, Zelda or Pokemon

$19.99
    Power A Mario red wired Switch controller

more games are on sale than are listed in ad, here's the add listings:

$39.99
    NBA 2k21 (ps4/xbo)
    Crash 4
    Watchdogs Legion

$29.99
    Avengers
    THPS 1&2
    Fifa 21
    Madden 21
    WWE Battlegrounds

$24.99
    Just Dance 2021
    SW Squadrons

Best Buy
    These deals may change

Buy 2 get 1 free select next gen games
    List includes:
    Cyberpunk
    CODBLOPS Cold War
    AC Valhalla
    Madden 21
    Fifa 21
    NBA 2k21
    Avengers
    Immortals Fenyx Rising
    Watchdogs Legion
    and more

Buy 1 get 1 50% off on select Switch games

Select PS4 games on sale, here's a small sampling:
    $39.99
    Ghost of Tsushima

$29.99
    Last of Us 2

$19.99
    Death Stranding
    Days Gone
    Dreams
    Spider-Man GOTY

$9.99
    Concrete Genie
    MediEvil
    Many (most?) Playstation Hits series

God 2k pisses me off. I about bought nba 2k1 cause it was on sale. Then I realized it wasn't smart delivery and the series x version was $70. Seventy fucking dollars. Fuck 2k man.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

This is kicking off 15 days of daily free games, so check back every day.

edited December 2020
    It's the most wonderful time to buy digital games.

Epic Game Store Holiday sale is on, Humble store looks like they may be trying to match some of the EGS sale, Nintendo Eshop has a big new sale up today. I'm guessing Steam, PSN, Xbox Stores will all be doing big deals either now or starting Tuesday next week also.

nusu on
    edited December 2020

Yep, Xbox sale is live. For BF they had a punchcard on the console’s Rewards app for “spend $X get Y reward points.” I’d be surprised if they didn’t do that again for this sale.

Edit: Ubisoft is also doing a Free-Thing-a-Day deal. Some dlc, some full games.

Today is Trials Rising for PC. https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-day4/en-US?isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

Perrsun on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

So no surprise, I guess that "leaked" list was full of crap.

Steam: offday
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Yep, Xbox sale is live. For BF they had a punchcard on the console’s Rewards app for “spend $X get Y reward points.” I’d be surprised if they didn’t do that again for this sale.

Edit: Ubisoft is also doing a Free-Thing-a-Day deal. Some dlc, some full games.

Today is Trials Rising for PC. https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-day4/en-US?isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

Hah, I knew the weekly sale couldn't be it.

edited December 2020
    Weekly ads time Last Minute Christmas edition

Target Circle
    Nothing this week

Target
    Buy 1 get 1 15% off select gaming gift cards/subscription cards

Up to 50% off on hundreds of games, the ad has a few examples:

$49.99
    AC Valhalla

$39.99
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Crash 4
    Immortals Fenix Rising (shows Switch edition, but most likely all versions)
    PGA 2k21

$29.99
    Watchdogs Legion (including ps5 version)
    Avengers
    Fifa 21
    NBA 2k21 (not next gen)
    Just Dance 2021
    NHL 21
    WWE Battlegrounds
    UFC 4
    NFS Heat
    Cobra Kai
    RDR 2
    Last of Us 2
    MK 11 Ultimate

$24.99
    Forza Horizon 4

$19.99
    SW Squadrons
    GTA V
    Outer Worlds
    Family Feud
    Sims 4 Star Wars bundle

Best Buy
    YMMV: Last minute sales (even the listed prices below have already changed)

$54.99
    CODBLOPS Cold War

$49.99
    AC New Horizons
    Super Mario 3d All Stars
    Smash Bros Ultimate
    Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity
    Mario Kart 8
    Super Mario Party
    Cyberpunk 2077

$44.99
    AC Valhalla

$39.99
    Pokemon Sword

nusu on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »

So no surprise, I guess that "leaked" list was full of crap.

So far the leaked list I'm putting under this spoiler has been correct (5 out of 5):