As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Liquitex makes a whole range of airbrushable acrylic topcoats from ultra matte to high gloss.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    If you spray sections like arms, legs, or torso you can typically get 2 MGs per can unless it is something with lots of accessories like fin funnels on the Nu Gundam. But if you plan to top coat a bunch of kits and have the space for it then an airbrush and compressor will be a lot more cost effective in the long run.

Ya got recommendations for airbrush topcoat? A bunch of the ones I know about are unsafe on bare plastic or waterslides

I use Alclad's top coats which has been fine on plastic, waterslides, and Tamiya paints. Bonus points for saying prethinned and airbrush ready on the bottle.

steam_sig.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Against better judgment, I picked up my first MG:

tkja0d95bd8p.png

Because, well, it looks cool.

wVEsyIc.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    from what i understand that's the best version of the sinanju

good luck with the waterslides!

my MG white dingo gm sniper also arrived this weekend and i'm very tempted to move it to the front of the build queue

uc3ufTB.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    My HWS expansion for the RG Nu got here

Now I just have to work up the energy to build another RG

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I am not sure if I regret passing on that or not.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

what all's in that pack?
    e: oh some fuckin' cool guns and uparmoring and stuff is what https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2521852001002

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    There's a pretty good HG of that set

X22wmuF.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I cannot believe there is not a MG or even an RE of the Methuss. A goddamn crime that is.

A true jobber till the end

X22wmuF.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    oh huh i wasn't even aware that the HGUC methuss existed

closest you'll get in 1/100 is the MG rezel or RE guncannon detector

uc3ufTB.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

my MG white dingo gm sniper also arrived this weekend and i'm very tempted to move it to the front of the build queue

Oh god, you mean the kind of stickers that use water? I HATED those on the Sakura Wars model.

wVEsyIc.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Oh god, you mean the kind of stickers that use water? I HATED those on the Sakura Wars model.

They... aren't that bad...

*looks at all the equipment he bought to make them better*

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Speaking of, I should see if there's anywhere around here that carries Microset and Microsol.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited November 2020
    Also speaking of making things look better...

I need to improve my photography skills, and really learn how to use this light box better. But it's a start.

https://youtu.be/DaHHNIXuzTQ

cofvGzbh.jpg

2oc57jrh.jpg

Edit: Test shot 2. Turned off all other lighting besides the LEDs which came in from the sides this time, with a bit more spread.

https://youtu.be/G-jGwHHx8ag

Athenor on
    I was wondering what sort of kit I should try practicing water decals and using a topcoat on but I remembered I had grabbed a Shoretrooper model kit a while ago. So maybe next weekend I'll try experimenting a little.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I still have 3 of the first order kits I never built as when I got them I was going to build a diorama

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    A true jobber till the end

if GBO2 is any indication, give it two bazookas and it can kill god.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Okay, after some tweaks and suggestions from a friend, and actually watching a damned tutorial on how to use it, this is the last time I'll spam the thread with this. :)

https://youtu.be/Ye53Qo5MW0I

edited November 2020
    nice lightbox setup!
    the model looks nice as hell

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited November 2020
    Today I learned that I had never seen ep12 of 08th MS Team, despite watching the rest of the show twice from different sources before this go around.

I also learned ep12 of 08th MS Team is fuckin weird

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    Episode 11 of 08th MS Team was a better ending of the series.

steam_sig.png
    100%. That was the most superfluous thing I've seen in a while.
    Though I guess props for making me absolutely fuckin livid for like 5 minutes with the fake out bad end scene.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Episode 12 is good.

Trying a couple of new techniques with the FAZZ.

First, I'm trying to use my Mr. Hobby nippers for the initial cut, and then my Tamiya for flush cutting. Hopefully will prolong the life of the Tamiya nippers, though I honestly have no clue how long nippers should last.

Second, I'm trying to use water when sanding down nubs. The idea being to flush it, keep it from scratching unevenly, so on. One thing I have to keep an eye on is that on the yellow pieces, I can easily "embed" flecks of the sanding surfaces in the nubs and discolor them.

With all that said?

Man, is FAZZ an AGGRESSIVE shade of gray! Like I hear people talk about blue-gray lego all the time, but this is blue-gray! Really does feel like an unpainted, production model. It's also reminded me of a couple landing struts I forgot about in the original ZZ.

YNZjbHwh.jpg

If those numbers are accurate, those are some fine-ass grain sanding papers.

edited December 2020
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    If those numbers are accurate, those are some fine-ass grain sanding papers.

THEY BARELY DO ANYTHING!!!!
    Unseen are the 8000 and 12000.

Athenor on
    After like 2 weeks of panel lining and waterslides

us755adybqxi.jpg
    unod2u4kcwxl.jpg

Now to make like 10 guns, 3 shields, and a bunch of missiles.

steam_sig.png
    CANNOT WAIT...

to do that 3 times. :D

It's cool seeing the little bits that are different with FAZZ. Like not having the same chest antennas and such. And while the landing gear is in there, it isn't gonna be functional. I'm about 1-2 pieces away from having the "main" torso done, and we'll do some actual comparisons then.

I've decided I'm going to decal as I go, and I won't put on the armor until I'm done. It's getting cold so I might need to take advantage of my parents' garage to topcoat.

6XMsZ6Fh.jpg

remember not to topcoat in significant humidity!

BahamutZERO.gif
    remember not to topcoat in significant humidity!

Yeah. My last one was 60% or so with massive gusts. Not ideal, but I wanted to get it in before freezing.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    got the Char Zaku II Revive in today, gonna start it in the morning

I think this is gonna be a cool build

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Dalong has a review of the new MG Wing Zero Ver Ka up:

http://www.dalong.net/reviews/mg/m215/m215_p.htm

Something I did not clock at all based on the preview images: the new shield is almost identical to the MG Wing Proto Zero

oKAytjo.jpg

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
    almost, and yet not quite, curious

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    If you think about it, Deikun dies in 0068, so 0069 is the year the Zabi family dismantles the republic of Munzo to establish the principality around themselves so it is probably, perhaps, not nice

EDIT: iOS I really gotta teach you Gundam words. You gotta know what a goddamn Zabi is

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited December 2020

Wait a goddamn second I just realized, is Unicorn-era Mineva and Banagher just them copying Seabook and Cecily into the late first century UC?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

Wait a goddamn second I just realized, is Unicorn-era Mineva and Banagher just them copying Seabook and Cecily into the late first century UC?

and then they accomplished next to nothing given the existing lore of the setting (aside from narrative, I GUESS)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »

and then they accomplished next to nothing given the existing lore of the setting (aside from narrative, I GUESS)

I think that's the part about Unicorn that left a sour taste in my mouth after watching it. Because it was set between two other eras, it really couldn't affect the plot much... I mean, finding Laplace's Box should've been earth-shattering, no pun intended.

Well, in F91 and (much more so) in Victory the Earth Federation is way, way less powerful/important than it is in first UC.

I kind of wonder if they ever think about retconning F91 out of the timeline, cause if you jump straight from Unicorn to Victory it makes a bit more sense.

F91 is so weird cause it feels like its 100 years after CCA but its actually close enough that people from 0079 that didn't die in a war are probably still kicking around. 80 year old Bright is probably sitting in a park somewhere trying to talk kids into fighting each other during that movie.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.