As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Elven Accent [chat]

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Somebody come over and crack my back

Just crack the everloving shit out of it

Literally step on me, but not in a sexual way

Ok, but it will probably end up being sexual.

I'm open-minded. We can see where it goes.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Somebody come over and crack my back

Just crack the everloving shit out of it

Literally step on me, but not in a sexual way

Ok, but it will probably end up being sexual.

I'm open-minded. We can see where it goes.

That’s basically my life philosophy

can you feel the struggle within?
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I remember hearing a bit about "a Turkish man who cracked me like I was made out of wood" and I've been searching for that, since

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I remember hearing a bit about "a Turkish man who cracked me like I was made out of wood" and I've been searching for that, since

I was seeing a chiropractor for a while. I don't believe in chiropractic woo but paying $30 a week for her to crack my back was worth it.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Lia is a classic THE DOOR IS CLOSED LET'S GO OUTSIDE, I HATE IT OUT HERE LET'S GO INSIDE WHERE IT'S WARM.. AND BORING, LET ME OUT cat

If only it were ethical and safe to let cats go outside alone. This is even worse when you have to chaperone the cat every time.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

I was seeing a chiropractor for a while. I don't believe in chiropractic woo but paying $30 a week for her to crack my back was worth it.

Visits are ten bucks with my insurance so any time I fucked a part of my back or neck it was worth it for the blend of heat/stim/stretching and massage.

A non lunatic chriopractor almost cracks your back as an afterthought and skips all the crystal bullshit

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

MI (apparently?) has strict laws against woo-woo bullshit - product of a bunch of blue collar factory guys needing shoulders and backs unfucked, maybe. For a long time I didn't get what the chiropractor hate was, since he was the guy who just popped your shoulder back into place, like a baby D.O.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    When I had back problems in my twenties that were because I was sedentary and 50 pounds overweight I went to chiropractors and they’re fucking quacks but it took a lot of my money to figure that out.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    1920s Mid-Atlantic
    just finished exercising at 13:37

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Boston townie
    chanus

Why they insist on doing weird grammar shit ("practitioner of chiropractic") is beyond me

do the needful

When I had back problems in my twenties that were because I was sedentary and 50 pounds overweight I went to chiropractors and they’re fucking quacks but it took a lot of my money to figure that out.

I'm in this picture and I don't like it

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    According to the Bombcast, apparently Nintendo put out a statement telling politicians to not use Animal Crossing for political campaigning. I find this sort of hilarious. Animal Crossing's Biden Island really causing a stir Nintendo?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    1920s Mid-Atlantic
    my issue with chiropracty is it doesn't fix anything

if you need your back professionally cracked every few weeks you probably have other issues you need to address

or you're addicted to the temporary relief

it's not necessarily causing real harm in most cases but it's money spent avoiding a different issue

Chanus on
    1920s Mid-Atlantic
    i like when autocorrect just decides i didn't mean to type "not" and removes it

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Why they insist on doing weird grammar shit ("practitioner of chiropractic") is beyond me

do the needful

The nominal form is awkward and so they kinda rammed the adjective in there as a noun, giving it a sort of Latin, traditional/technical kind of feel

"Chiropracty"? Sounds fake
    "Chiropractice"? Also sounds made up
    "Chiropractic medicine" is misleading and maybe illegal

I canceled a chiropractor appointment once because I had the flu and he told me I should come in anyway because an adjustment would definitely help and that was my last contact with a chiropractor.

1920s Mid-Atlantic
    you sound fake

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Japanese
    Chiroprancer

I'd love to have someone crack my back but I don't want to give money to someone who even kinda believes that cracking joints helps magic energy flow through people's bodies

Chiropraxis

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Energy isn't magic!

Its magic that is energy!

Gawl

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Japanese
    Chiropraxis

Straighten the spine of the working man, which has become bent under the weight of capitalism

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    1920s Mid-Atlantic
    Winky wrote: »
    Chiroprancer

Are we human

By the way, Spiritfarer is a charming and bittersweet game and definitely worth playing.

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Japanese
    The last thing you want is to get too aligned amd have all your chakra come shooting out on a practitioner at once

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I see a chiropractor out of spite

1920s Mid-Atlantic
    there are certainly chiropractors that don't believe in the woo shit and think it's practicing medicine but i dunno if that's better

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    You best start believin' in Cyberpunk stories, Miss Turner
    Yer in one

That said, each of the spirits in Spiritfarer is an anthropomorphic animal, despite being humans in life. Everybody has a fursona, I suppose.

which is why I keep calling the game Spiritfurry

Tumin wrote: »
    The last thing you want is to get too aligned amd have all your chakra come shooting out on a practitioner at once

That sounds hot but I'd add a bit of light chokra-ing

One great benefit of a chiropractor is that he encouraged me to get a lower back stretched and when I started using it regularly my lower back ended up flexible enough that I could crack it at will.

You can totally get to that point quickly with yoga or other regular stretching. The lesson is skip the chiropractor and go do yoga instead.

Tumin wrote: »

have to pay someone else for that

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    wandering wrote: »

I was prepared to reply directly to this post saying this kind of thing is silly, that any catharsis you get from it is an illusion -- they remained in power from 2016-2020 and all we can say for it is that the end is now blissfully close

but that first one *is* a banger

SummaryJudgment on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Walked the dog around the perimeter of a 16th century estate by a lake, in the dark, with a head torch, while listening to a Lovecraft drama podcast

I've had better ideas

Bonus points for deciding to cut across one of the giant lawns, leaving myself traversing a featureless expanse in a pool of torchlight that doesn't throw far enough to pick up any object by which to orient myself, silent hill style

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Boston townie

Tchelle has a very good friend who is a licensed chiropractor who works with a well regarded professional sports team, and it takes everything in my power to not make comments about how chiropractors are not doctors and such.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    *Googles: yoga while overweight*
    The term "fat yoga" has been claimed by bigger bodied practitioners to promote body positivity and promote yoga for people of all sizes.

Yeah ain't no man ever been described as plus-sized, I just want to fix my back

Tcheldor wrote: »

Tchelle has a very good friend who is a licensed chiropractor who works with a well regarded professional sports team, and it takes everything in my power to not make comments about how chiropractors are not doctors and such.

*shrug*

I mean...if ultimately the players believe they perform better, that's kind of where the rubber meets the road, right? It's not like they don't have access to Mayo Flinic level MD/DO care.

you know what, I'm leaving it

flinic

Bogart this is what Swype has in store for you

This discussion has been closed.