As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Elven Accent [chat]

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    I recall the time my family realised I swipe type and reacted like I was some kind of sorcerer

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    So Control is quite good but not the jaw dropping brilliance I had been led to expect. Still, early days.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I for one would like to stop seeing Rudy Giuliani's face everywhere, especially when it's got gross stuff running down the side.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    So Control is quite good but not the jaw dropping brilliance I had been led to expect. Still, early days.

It gets better and better the later the game gets but it is definitely flawed. The plot and enemy variety both kinda sputter out, but I haven’t gotten to the dlc yet

edited November 2020
    Take

Control

*headbangs*

Neco on
    Stop bringing politics into my new favorite song

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Japanese
    The gameplay is honestly pretty bog-standard throughout, the major value of the game is its setting and aesthetics.

Winky wrote: »
    The gameplay is honestly pretty bog-standard throughout, the major value of the game is its setting and aesthetics.

Mostly agreed but maxing out the throw ability makes everything more fun

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Neco wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »

Mostly agreed but maxing out the throw ability makes everything more fun

Yeah the guns suck

It did not feel good to spend a full clip machine gunning something and then have to reload just to actually finish it off

Meanwhile you can just pull up the fucking pavement and throw it at a dude to kill him and the dude behind him

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I've wasted half a day off doing a few chores and then nothing much

oh no

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Boston townie
    I've wasted half a day off doing a few chores and then nothing much

oh no

bro you cut down a fucking tree yesterday, how high are your standards for getting shit done

sig.gif
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    RDR2 has chores in it

Not, like, “oh these side quests are goddamn tedious” chores

Well yes those too

But actual chores. Feeding horses. Cleaning a kitchen. Chopping wood.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I should finally play RDR2. I never really sunk into it.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    RDR2 has chores in it

Well yes those too

iesaertgm4vz.jpg

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Irish/Gaelic
    Six wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I think I need to look around for better options than netflix for watching stuff. Trying to watch into the spider-verse was kind of turned into an ordeal because netflix is shit.

any other services that aren't so bad about quality? Something where I actually have control over it, preferably.

torrents

but that's immoral and illegal

...and the popups on piratebay proxies are getting really annoying

Ublock or pihole

No, you block your piehole

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    RDR2 has chores in it

Well yes those too

farming simulator: *exists*

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Japanese
    I wish RDR2 wasn't a prequel because it really looks like a game I would haven't gotten down with.

But now there's also so many great games coming out that I don't have to worry about filling time for a awhile.

I played SO MUCH vidya this long weekend.

I finished Yakuza 7 (which was ~80 hours from 10th to the 27th jeez), played through all of Miles Morales to 100% and started up Valhalla which i was able to put 10 hours into(and only just finished the prologue and got the title screen..).

The fact that there are folks out there who manage to put in this much time on the regular makes me quite jelly. It's been nice.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I see RDR2 and I keep thinking R2D2

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    FCC: Hello colleague, could you please show me where the important device that I need to use might be located?
    Colleague: Certainly, here is where the device is located. I will hand you the device.
    FCC: Thank you colleague.
    FCC:
    *Grabs the device*
    *Walks four steps*
    *Drops the device on the ground*
    Colleague: "......"
    FCC: "It.....hopefully isn't broken??"
    Colleague: " ): "

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
    Irish/Gaelic
    I just walked into my living room and spent a few minutes trying to locate a weird smell

Turns out it's been so long since I've had to do laundry I had forgotten what it smelled like

I just walked into my living room and spent a few minutes trying to locate a weird smell

Turns out it's been so long since I've had to do laundry I had forgotten what it smelled like
    are you ok

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    RDR2 has chores in it

Well yes those too

your camp mates appreciate you for it!!

but fuck Mrs. Grimshaw

"Arthur, you haven't contributed to the camp fund in a while you ought t-"
    "DAMN YOU WOMAN I WENT CLOTHES SHOPPING AND GOT A BATH WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME"

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    Also I told my boss who I had for secret santa at work and she was like "..... its SECRET santa u dum dum"
    ):<

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    1920s Mid-Atlantic
    Chanus wrote: »
    there are certainly chiropractors that don't believe in the woo shit and think it's practicing medicine but i dunno if that's better

Is it so much to ask to find chiropractor with absolutely no self respect, who understands their entire profession is basically placebo, talk therapy, and advanced massage, who will debase themselves and tell me I am very smart while also doing complete nonsense to my body that I have requested and paid for?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Japanese
    Also I told my boss who I had for secret santa at work and she was like "..... its SECRET santa u dum dum"
    ):<

Well

She's not wrong

u dum dum

Irish/Gaelic

are you ok

Sure, now I'm over the shock

It's an unexpected side effect of wearing the same clothes for days on end because nobody's around to judge you

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Boston townie
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I for one would like to stop seeing Rudy Giuliani's face everywhere, especially when it's got gross stuff running down the side.

Plus his bug eyed, manic expression

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Japanese
    I finally platted Ghost of Tsushima and have put it to bed, I found it really unsatisfying to look up a hidden trophy that seemed impossible to guess at. I wonder if such things are typical? I never chase achievements or trophies and I dislike this one a lot.
    You have to acquire and equip some garish armor combination referencing Sly Cooper in some way and it seems totally random to me, no clue how you'd discover it

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious I finished _the mere wife_ by maria dahvana headley and it was pretty good

the story's mainly focused on grendel's mom and a mom from the heorot mead hall (the king's wife wealhtheow)

this bit from the very start sets the tone I think:
    SELECTED TRANSLATIONS

AGLÆCA (Old English, noun, masculine): fighter, warrior, hero

AGLÆCA-WIF (Old English, noun, feminine): wretch, monster, hell-bride, hag

at the end of the book I felt like the author was kinda retreading some areas she'd already covered enough earlier and slowing things down, but that's really my only gripe

also probably it'd be enhanced with more beowulf familiarity (it took me until I was like 40% of the way through the book to be like oh yeah okay, this character is beowulf but I'm sure you'd be more astute)

also look at maria's bitchin author photo:

110355254.jpg

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I wish RDR2 wasn't a prequel because it really looks like a game I would haven't gotten down with.

But now there's also so many great games coming out that I don't have to worry about filling time for a awhile.

I played SO MUCH vidya this long weekend.

I finished Yakuza 7 (which was ~80 hours from 10th to the 27th jeez), played through all of Miles Morales to 100% and started up Valhalla which i was able to put 10 hours into(and only just finished the prologue and got the title screen..).

The fact that there are folks out there who manage to put in this much time on the regular makes me quite jelly. It's been nice.

Out of curiosity, why does it being a prequel matter?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    1920s Mid-Atlantic
    You gotta hand it to them. Trump & co really know how to drag out a loss and make it extra satisfying.

1920s Mid-Atlantic
    issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the Trump Administration. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Boston townie
    apartment application sent in.

Hopefully this one doesn’t fall through.

🤞🤞🤞

VishNub on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Boston townie
    The music in Shadowlands is astonishingly good

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the Trump Administration. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Depends what "it" is

"It" being certified state results is something I could hand to them

I can’t bring myself to play cowboy games

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    there are certainly chiropractors that don't believe in the woo shit and think it's practicing medicine but i dunno if that's better

Is it so much to ask to find chiropractor with absolutely no self respect, who understands their entire profession is basically placebo, talk therapy, and advanced massage, who will debase themselves and tell me I am very smart while also doing complete nonsense to my body that I have requested and paid for?

I keep getting ads for a wheel you roll your back on, to crack it and massage the muscles

This seems like a way to charge more for foam rollers, but all the ads are just videos of people loudly cracking their backs in various idyllic natural settings, and I'm like, can I just get a playlist of these back-cracking videos

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Boston townie

In that case, why not just go see a physical therapist?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Boston townie
    We bailed on the last one because the garage was 18” too short

This discussion has been closed.